Guest-0552

Posted by an unregistered user
JobMate is ok it is a cheap tool some good some not.
My kids gave me a JobMate 18V cordless drill about 8 years ago and for the first two years I used it all day every day. no problem except the lube smells from the brushes arcing. I still use it now and then when my Porter Cable which is about 15 years old is in need of charging. and the JobMate still works, So does the JobMate Skill saw they gave me years ago. But when my wife bought a JM 120 piece tool set I threw them out right away. they look cheep. feel cheep and the case was even a piece of crap.
On the other hand CTC pro or Maxxum wrenches and tools are great and I have never had a problem. And when they are on sale which is every week the deal is even better than sears.
CTC auto service sucks and they are stretching it to even call it that. But there again ..... find decent honest reliable auto service anywhere anymor and your lucky.

This past week I was using their 18V drill (all of 4 months old), set it down and returned a few minutes later to see
smoke pouring out if the housing. It was hot enough that I could barely hold on to her to remove the battery. It sat there and smouldered and eventually melted a hole in the grip big enough to stick my thumb into. I considered plugging the battery back in to see how far it would burn, but thought better of it. Under different conditions I might have returned the drill to my workbench and gone upstairs... I might have lost my house.

grampa B

Re: Jobmate drill and pressure washer

Next time repurchase the identical item, and with your new SAVED RECEIPT, return the damaged item a few days later with that receipt. Now at least you have a working replacement instead of a useless piece of junk. Some may claim this to be immoral, if not illegal, but where is the CTC corporate morality when they won't track and honour a warrantied item sale on their computers for a year???!! I have NO problem with this scenerio and have used it many times at both CTC and other stores when I no longer have the receipt, or it has become unreadable.

Last edited:

CT Me / Lawguy

Funny how everyone gets all wound up and angry about data potentially stored in our computers, and then when they find out it's NOT, and they need it, they get equally wound up.

Can't have it both ways.

Just sayin...

grampa B

Guess you are afraid to be identified with your remarks... but that's okay, we know the organization may frown on an employee actually agreeing with a customer (lol)... but consider this for a minute, Home Depot will for a period of up to 90 days, store your record of sale and give you a full refund (no questions asked!!) on ANY purchase made with a credit card, such as Visa, etc. Does CTC offer this same refund policy with even their CTC Mastercard??? I think NOT!!

Guest-0276

Funny how everyone gets all wound up and angry about data potentially stored in our computers, and then when they find out it's NOT, and they need it, they get equally wound up.

Can't have it both ways.

Just sayin...

The problem with you CT folk is that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth again and blaming the customer for your problems.

Let's have a look.

You broke privacy laws when you took more information than was necessary for a refund.

And when a trusting customer volunteers their private information for warranty purposes at your store, it's no where to be found when it's needed! Now ain't that funny!

Angry CT Guy

Next time repurchase the identical item, and with your new SAVED RECEIPT, return the damaged item a few days later with that receipt. Now at least you have a working replacement instead of a useless piece of junk. Some may claim this to be immoral, if not illegal, but where is the CTC corporate morality when they won't track and honour a warrantied item sale on their computers for a year???!! I have NO problem with this scenerio and have used it many times at both CTC and other stores when I no longer have the receipt, or it has become unreadable.

Lucky the world has a lot less dishonest losers like you than the honest people. I can only imagine what other crimes you would be willing to commit with your low moral judgment. Guess people forget that one day you get to answer for all your dishonesty.

Angry CT Guy

Guess you are afraid to be identified with your remarks... but that's okay, we know the organization may frown on an employee actually agreeing with a customer (lol)... but consider this for a minute, Home Depot will for a period of up to 90 days, store your record of sale and give you a full refund (no questions asked!!) on ANY purchase made with a credit card, such as Visa, etc. Does CTC offer this same refund policy with even their CTC Mastercard??? I think NOT!!

Actually, you don't need a receipt if purchased with a CTC mastercard, you can use your statement as it lists the product bought. Thought you should know.

Guest-0276

Lucky the world has a lot less dishonest losers like you than the honest people. I can only imagine what other crimes you would be willing to commit with your low moral judgment. Guess people forget that one day you get to answer for all your dishonesty.

Maybe that's why customers take you to court so often lol

grampa B

I use my Visa Gold card exclusively for all my purchases, as does my wife, and that's for our personal preference as to what we gain in useable credits (which by the way far exceeds anything Mastercard can offer!!!) If this pre-empts me from qualifying for a CTC refund due to no longer having the receipt, that's unfortunate. And by the way, I have in the past been refused warranty repair and refund even when I took my Visa statement showing the CTC purchase back into the store.... never happened ANYWHERE else I have shopped!!! Only in Canada you say???!!!!

Guest-0276

I use my Visa Gold card exclusively for all my purchases, as does my wife, and that's for our personal preference as to what we gain in useable credits (which by the way far exceeds anything Mastercard can offer!!!) If this pre-empts me from qualifying for a CTC refund due to no longer having the receipt, that's unfortunate. And by the way, I have in the past been refused warranty repair and refund even when I took my Visa statement showing the CTC purchase back into the store.... never happened ANYWHERE else I have shopped!!! Only in Canada you say???!!!!

That's horrible! I stopped shopping at CT ages ago for reasons like that!

Angry CT Guy

That's horrible! I stopped shopping at CT ages ago for reasons like that!

Lmao....more fake posts by faker advocates multiple personalities. Likes to answer his fake posts with more fake posts.
That's why he's a faker....check out the donate button at the top....they take PayPal in US dollars....hilarious, but so easy to spot.

grampa B

Sorry, you are the loser here... How much storage space do you currently have to provide to keep all the JUNK you have purchased in the past from CTC, and then not been able to return for whatever reason??? Personally, I see NOTHING dishonest in holding a large corporation like CTC to account for not making a better effort to keep their customers more satisfied by whatever means, and if you have a problem with that...TOO BAD! If you think CTC is such a great corporate citizen, go check their dumpsters and you'd see they don't even bother to send back a lot of the returned junk!! Why?? Because it cost them more to ship it back to China than to write it off their income tax. So much fo corporate morality... glad you are such a saint though... guess we won't meet up in any future afterlife, but that's fine with me! Good day to you my dear responder!

Angry CT Guy

Sorry, you are the loser here... How much storage space do you currently have to provide to keep all the JUNK you have purchased in the past from CTC, and then not been able to return for whatever reason??? Personally, I see NOTHING dishonest in holding a large corporation like CTC to account for not making a better effort to keep their customers more satisfied by whatever means, and if you have a problem with that...TOO BAD! If you think CTC is such a great corporate citizen, go check their dumpsters and you'd see they don't even bother to send back a lot of the returned junk!! Why?? Because it cost them more to ship it back to China than to write it off their income tax. So much fo corporate morality... glad you are such a saint though... guess we won't meet up in any future afterlife, but that's fine with me! Good day to you my dear responder!

That's the kind of ignorant, immoral, loser, faker advocate that ruins anything for honest people. Never ceases to amaze.

Guest-0276

That's the kind of ignorant, immoral, loser, faker advocate that ruins anything for honest people. Never ceases to amaze.

awww whatsa matter cT returns desk has no reciepts convictions. None? No proof of fraud that you've been blabbing about. That's ok. You
can admit that you lied. But I still won't shop there.

grampa B

I can easily tell the people who are just here to criticize other person's comments regarding the failure of some of these corporate bums to respond to customers concerns, and have absolutely NO interest in trying to offer suggestions to improve the shopping experience. They are the ignorant and perhaps corporate lackies who have nothing better to do than to jump all over other people's comments, and have not the least bit of intelligence to repond to the concerns raised by the consumer public, who time after time are screwed by these uncaring corporations, who are more concerned by the bottom line than by properly servicing their customers! How can they then expect any consumer loyalty??? And no I am NOT a fake responder, just someone who will in the absence of any semblance of customer service respond with any method of dealing with these corporations in the same way they chose to treat their customers!! And I challenge you to demonstrate your advocacy in this matter. or even prove your supposed honesty. Let he who is wtihout sin cast the first stone, easy enough to just sling mud my dear responder!!!

CT Challenger

So:

1 - Still no examples of anybody being convicted of "fraud" for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, unopened item. Not from your store (assuming you have one). None from any store at all!

2 - Do any of your definitions say "deception is fraud"? Nope! So, still no evidence to support your claim that any deception is 'automatically' a crime of fraud.

3 - Still no evidence that, "If I catch you even once trying to deceive, the police do come and the conviction rate is 100%".

4 - Not even a single example of anybody being convicted for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, open and defective item (such as the infamous Grampa B).

Seems you don't have anything to back up your claims at all, LOL!

Well, don't sweat it. Everyone here already knows you're full of crap.

That's why you have to resort to sophmoric taunts about 'mental illness' and 'booze'.

Come back when you've got something relevant to say on the topic of Jobmate drills and pressure washers.

Angry CT Guy

I can easily tell the people who are just here to criticize other person's comments regarding the failure of some of these corporate bums to respond to customers concerns, and have absolutely NO interest in trying to offer suggestions to improve the shopping experience. They are the ignorant and perhaps corporate lackies who have nothing better to do than to jump all over other people's comments, and have not the least bit of intelligence to repond to the concerns raised by the consumer public, who time after time are screwed by these uncaring corporations, who are more concerned by the bottom line than by properly servicing their customers! How can they then expect any consumer loyalty??? And no I am NOT a fake responder, just someone who will in the absence of any semblance of customer service respond with any method of dealing with these corporations in the same way they chose to treat their customers!! And I challenge you to demonstrate your advocacy in this matter. or even prove your supposed honesty. Let he who is wtihout sin cast the first stone, easy enough to just sling mud my dear responder!!!

You're the one that said you fraudlently returned an item. And you wonder why returns get harder for the rest of us. You reap what you sow, as the expression goes. But fakers like to whine when it doesn't go there way, forget the whole story, all that matters to you, is you. Sad really.

Angry CT Guy

So:

1 - Still no examples of anybody being convicted of "fraud" for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, unopened item. Not from your store (assuming you have one). None from any store at all!

2 - Do any of your definitions say "deception is fraud"? Nope! So, still no evidence to support your claim that any deception is 'automatically' a crime of fraud.

3 - Still no evidence that, "If I catch you even once trying to deceive, the police do come and the conviction rate is 100%".

4 - Not even a single example of anybody being convicted for using a receipt from a new item to return an old, open and defective item (such as the infamous Grampa B).

That's why you have to resort to sophmoric taunts about 'mental illness' and 'booze'.

Come back when you've got something relevant to say on the topic of Jobmate drills and pressure washers.

Try reading for a change. Every definition mentions deception. Hard to see through shit colored glasses.
The boozing was your admission, just like litigator wife. And well, the anger management issues and one sided views are apparent to anyone who comes in here. You bring it in yourself, but it is usual for you to blame others for your own shortcomings.

Try reading again:
Canadian Fraud Laws.

CT Challenger

Try reading for a change. Every definition mentions deception. Hard to see through shit colored glasses.
The boozing was your admission, just like litigator wife. And well, the anger management issues and one sided views are apparent to anyone who comes in here. You bring it in yourself, but it is usual for you to blame others for your own shortcomings.

Try reading again:
Canadian Fraud Laws.

Just the same old 'how businesses commit fraud' site, huh?

Looking for some new ideas on how to cheat customers, huh?

Anyway, they all say deception is necessary for a crime of fraud. But none of them say that deception, by itself, is 'fraud'.

Someone asks, 'How are you today'. I say, "Fine thanks", but I actually feel terrible. Deception? Yes. Fraud? No.

A customer asks, 'Does this cedar have a 1-year return policy?' Crappy People say, "Yes it does", but it really doesn't. Deception? Yes! Fraud? Also yes!

It's really very simple, if you think about it for a second, or do some research on reputable sites.

So:

That's why you have to resort to sophmoric taunts about non-existent 'mental illness' and 'booze'.

grampa B

I have to laugh at all this nonesense... I admitted freely, after registering in first , not anonymously like some of the lily livered SOB's that have responded so far in pure criticsm, that I was returning warrantied articles in any manner which was open to me when the corporate bums refused to offer simple customer service, and suggested others who were frustrated with that lack of service could do the same without much fear of prosecution. The responders who simply (and what can you expect from the simple minded???) offer petty criticsm would do well to remember the catch phrase "if you are NOT part of the solution, then you are part of the problem"! I have found my solution...AMEN!!!!!!