CTH8R

OK, 64,998!

Roger P.: Every comment is from Canadian tire is we're sorry please contact customer service, well I have several times and nobody ever responds! I should take them to court

CTH8R

Interesting how the claims made by an alleged CT owner are directly contradicted by the story - it's important not to fall for the many misrepresentations of the Crappy People!

CTH8R

I know it's not CT Retail that is settling the class-action suit, but I'm sure the regular readers here will be pleased with this latest Good News story:

CKWSTV.com - Giving you more Online! Canadian Tire reaches settlement in gas price fixing lawsuit Kingston News

Canadian Tire reaches settlement in gas price fixing lawsuit
CANADIAN TIRE HAS OFFERED TO MAKE A SETTLEMENT OVER ALLEGED PRICE FIXING AT THE GAS PUMPS.

CANADIAN TIRE HAS OFFERED TO MAKE A SETTLEMENT OVER ALLEGED PRICE FIXING AT THE GAS PUMPS.

THIS STEMS FROM A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT LAUNCHED BY SEVERAL CONCERNED CITIZENS, INCLUDING BATH RESIDENT JAMES LORIMER, WHO ARE SEEKING COMPENSATION ON BEHALF OF MOTORISTS WHO WERE OVER-CHARGED.

THE CLAIMS HAVE NOT YET BEEN PROVEN IN COURT.

UNDER THE TERMS OF SETTLEMENT, CANADIAN TIRE HAS OFFERED TO PAY THE PLAINTIFFS 500-THOUSAND DOLLARS... WITHOUT ADMITTING ANY WRONGDOING OR LIABILITY.

THIS DEAL MUST STILL BE APPROVED BY A JUDGE AT A HEARING IN JANUARY.

THE LAWSUIT WAS FILED AGAINST FOUR GAS COMPANIES IN EASTERN ONTARIO, WHO ALLEGEDLY CONSPIRED TO SET THEIR PUMP PRICES BETWEEN MAY AND NOVEMBER OF 2007.

LORIMER'S LAWYER SAYS THE LAWSUIT WILL PROCEED AGAINST THE 3 REMAINING DEFENDANTS -- PIONEER, MR. GAS AND SUNOCO.

Last edited:

CTH8R

No charges ... but should there be?

Penny H.: Who knew you'd have to call the RCMP to shop at the Fort St John Canadian Tire? Computer crashed after purchase, however the Visa terminal did not. Teller could not print the receipt, called the manager. The manager insisted the transaction had not been paid for. The teller earned a stern glare for agreeing that yes, indeed the transaction had cleared before the crash. The manager called Visa and they gave an authorization number that the transaction did indeed clear. Pulled up online banking and showed manager transaction. She could not find it in their system, so would not issue a receipt nor a refund and kept insisting that the products had not been paid for. 2 hours later I involved the RCMP, all of a sudden the manager decided she should resolve the issue. I have an RCMP file number and lodged a complaint to ensure that I can have the amount reversed from my Visa!! Will not be shopping at Canadian Tire again any time soon..... I truly had better things to do with those hours wasted waiting for a manager to deal with an issue that was an 'in store' issue!

Last edited:

CTH8R

The CT Defenders seem to wiping their collective brows and muttering, "Whew, that was a close one! Thank God/Wetmore their discounts weren't as deep as the US store."

But is it REALLY to crack a 'pop' with Mayor Ford, just yet?

The coming price war: U.S. retail giants plan big push to win over more Canadian shoppers with deep discounts | Financial Post

My favourite part:

“We can expect to see some very desperate retailers,” said Brynn Winegard, a marketing expert at Winegard and Company.

“A lot of organizations will be vying for the same amount of consumer dollars.”

"For shoppers, that could mean significant price reductions, “Buy One, Get One Free” offers and similar promotions, while price matching and lax exchange rules set precedents."

"And the spectacle won’t be limited to the big U.S. chains, as even domestic companies like Canadian Tire, Joe Fresh and Indigo will ramp up the spectacle around their own operations."

Last edited:

CTH8R

Hmmm ... do you think there will be an investigation? Charges? A conviction or two?

Anna T.: To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net

Greetings,

I would like to inquire again, why, a manager from your Langley store in BC would know where I work and time where I work, and verbally assault me at my job (not Canadian tire) and I guess to the best of my knowledge, a supervisor from another CT branch store. This incident happened on December 17th at approximately 6:40pm.
Their names are Cheyenne D. and Brittney D..

This incident was including at least a few minutes of profanity, disruption of my professional work and on camera at my job.

Within my knowledge, I have not had contact with either individual since the day I quit and never wish to stay in contact with either.

I am awaiting an e-mail from you to resolve the issue and appropriately respond to this awful situation.

Regards,

hope I sent this letter to the right address. I would like a clear resolution soon.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Anna T.: Hi, I am still demanding an apology from 2 of your mgrs/supervisors who came off duty to my work place and yelled profanities at 6:40pm for at least 5 minutes, verbally assault me in front of other people and then left. this occured December 16. They work at the Langley and Burnaby stores and this is completely unprofessional and stalking like behaviour. This is very unacceptable behavior.

CTH8R

Anna T.: Hi, I am still demanding an apology from 2 of your mgrs/supervisors who came off duty to my work place and yelled profanities at 6:40pm for at least 5 minutes, verbally assault me in front of other people and then left. this occured December 16. They work at the Langley and Burnaby stores and this is completely unprofessional and stalking like behaviour. This is very unacceptable behavior.

Anna T.: "Thanks" for ignoring my letter about your 2 supervisors or managers who came into to yell and threaten me at my job. My HR has phoned that store and banned those 2. I would appreciate an apology from those 2 or whoever is in charge of that store. Langley/ Burnaby cashier mgr/spvsors. I'm just updating that even starbucks apologizes for crappy treatment of customers, I haven't had one single apology from any ct mgr who verbally assaulted me.

Anna T.: cheyenne dean or something and her sister, also a mgr. this happened December 16th, a week before Christmas. my complaint letter was around December 18th or 19th. I'm very disappointed in this unprofessional conduct and wonder why these people are reflecting these company values?

1wildhorse

i second that.o no wait according to sangria everything i talked about is a lie.i couldnt possibly have gone through the process....

Sangria5

i second that.o no wait according to sangria everything i talked about is a lie.i couldnt possibly have gone through the process....

Yes, that is true. I don't believe your story. I'm more inclined to believe that you are a fake poster (aka CT8her) on this site. I'm not sure who you fake post on other sites.

CTH8R

Standard Trolling post. Nothing new.

The CTers really have no basis for disputing the do facts posted here by consumers.

So, they either post questionable opinions, or insult the consumers who are getting word out about how much CT sucks!

CT Challenger

Some things to keep in mind:

- It's not important what a CTer publicly says they believe.
- it's really about the information consumers are able to access, and the opinions they share.
- The CTers clearly will benefit if consumers don't sue them as often.
- There won't be a case listed at CanLii or similar sites if Crappy Tire settled out of court.
- There are many reports like WildHorse's, of CT settling before it goes to court.
- Generally the consumer won't get the settlement without agreeing not to discuss the case.
- The are still a number of cases where the retailer didn't settle, and consumers who won their suits.
- CT will like nothing better than to bury these lawsuits, so that word doesn't get out.
- One of their standard techniques is to attack & discredit consumers who speak the truth.

Last edited:

Sangria5

Some things to keep in mind:

- It's not important what a CTer publicly says they believe.
- it's really about the information consumers are able to access, and the opinions they share.
- The CTers clearly will benefit if consumers don't sue them as often.
- There won't be a case listed at CanLii or similar sites if Crappy Tire settled out of court.
- There are many reports like WildHorse's, of CT settling before it goes to court.
- Generally the consumer won't get the settlement without agreeing not to discuss the case.
- The are still a number of cases where the retailer didn't settle, and consumers who won their suits.
- CT will like nothing better than to bury these lawsuits, so that word doesn't get out.
- One of their standard techniques is to attack & discredit consumers who speak the truth.

I'm not a CTer, but by all means, if it's truth consumers seek then let's just take any Internet post as truth then. Normally, if someone can't prove their posts, then I for one will call them on it. Read the commentary on CBC or National Post online. Certainly a lot of opinions, but generally people want the proof.

1wildhorse

this is true.im not really allowed to discuss details now.however if sangria actually took the time to look at my postings that were made BEFORE the settlement,then im sure he would have to concede a lack of bullshit here.i could even provide him with the CT lawyers name if that would make a difference.....