CTH8R

Here's a good resource:

CanLII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I couldn't find 1wildhorse's case on there - I gather that's because he settled out of court.

That would make it less obvious that Crappy Tire has been sued, and that a customer got a settlement.

But it would mean that consumers who sue the Crappy People have a good chance of getting a settlement, so that Crappy can keep the case out of the database.

Makes sense to those who think about it for a second or two!

Last edited:

1wildhorse

i mean since the whole thing got settled,i filed all the relevent paperwork in the relevent place i.e. the bin.also i deleted all the emails because there was no need to keep them as evidence.so in all honesty i havent a clue what the case number was nor do i really care now.like i said im more than happy to provide the lawyer's name and the court in which it took place,if sangria really wants to do a little digging im only too happy to oblige.however i suspect not,he just seems to want to try to discredit things.fullily enough even though he says he isnt a cter,ive never heard him say one negative thing about the company which is strange for someone who is apparently trying to strike a balance.obviously this flies in the face of the overwhelming evidence posted on this site,which leads me to the conclusion that it is not me that is bullshitting here....

CT Challenger

Hey, what happened at the court date for that Crappy Manager, charged with theft from his own Fenelon Falls store?

Seems like maybe they are looked for thefts on the wrong side of the counter - I read recently that thefts by employees cost the average store far more than thefts by the general public - something to think about, when accusing their own soon-to-be-ex-customers.

CT Challenger

OK, I found some info. on the Crappy Manager, who was arrested recently.

I'm not sure why, but the reports only came out on Jan. 16th, even though he was arrested and charged on Boxing Day.

(CHEXTV) | Canadian Tire store manager charged with theft

I was able to find the court notes, here: http://media.zuza.com/0/a/0a9e0336-8b1f-428d-b42c-f385973ab49c/docket_feb3_11_2014.pdf

The charges are:

Dec. 14th, Under $5000.
Dec. 14th, Under $5000.
Dec. 16th, Under $5000.
Dec. 23rd, Under $5000.
Dec. 24th, Under $5000.
Dec. 26th, Possession Property Obtained By Crime.
Dec. 26th, Possession Property Obtained By Crime.

It looks like things will be held over until the 6th, though.

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Here's the thing, about all these investigations, and even criminal allegations.

This person is a store manager, and we hear all the time, of these people falsely accusing innocent customers of the crimes of fraud and theft.

The stores should clean up their own acts first, especially because 'internal' thefts are typically of higher dollar values.

---

I also find it ridiculous, that the CTers who Troll this site, have claimed that it's a criminal act of Fraud, to tell any lie at all.

Have you told your kid there's an Easter Bunny? Well, they say that "fraud", and it's a crime, so you could go to jail, according to their logic.

And they imply than anyone who admits to telling any lies at all has no morals. People who tell their kids there's an Easter bunny or a Tooth Fairy. People who spare someone's feeligns, by not giving an honest assessment of someone's fashion sense, or apparent weight. Yes, the CT'ers think that such people have no morals at all!

Then, then CTers has the gall to suggest that such "liasr" and "fraudsters" can't ever be trusted to be honest about anything, including the facts and experiences posted here!

Imagine: we are being told that anyone who tells their kids about Santa Clause can't be trusted, and deserves to be in jail!

And this is coming from a group who are regularly in the papers for various misdeeds, price-fixing, shoddy repairs, and regularly for being before the courts, on genuine criminal charges!

They try to set the bar so high - and then try to slither underneath it, unnoticed.

Last edited:

Sangria5

Here's the thing, about all these investigations, and even criminal allegations.

This person is a store manager, and we hear all the time, of these people falsely accusing innocent customers of the crimes of fraud and theft.

The stores should clean up their own acts first, especially because 'internal' thefts are typically of higher dollar values.

---

I also find it ridiculous, that the CTers who Troll this site, have claimed that it's a criminal act of Fraud, to tell any lie at all.

Have you told your kid there's an Easter Bunny? Well, they say that "fraud", and it's a crime, so you could go to jail, according to their logic.

And they imply than anyone who admits to telling any lies at all has no morals. People who tell their kids there's an Easter bunny or a Tooth Fairy. People who spare someone's feeligns, by not giving an honest assessment of someone's fashion sense, or apparent weight. Yes, the CT'ers think that such people have no morals at all!

Then, then CTers has the gall to suggest that such "liasr" and "fraudsters" can't ever be trusted to be honest about anything, including the facts and experiences posted here!

Imagine: we are being told that anyone who tells their kids about Santa Clause can't be trusted, and deserves to be in jail!

And this is coming from a group who are regularly in the papers for various misdeeds, price-fixing, shoddy repairs, and regularly for being before the courts, on genuine criminal charges!

They try to set the bar so high - and then try to slither underneath it, unnoticed.

You sound more like a wack-job the more you post. I'm not even sure why you think lying "sometimes" is ok. Why don't you just post the entries that are posted? Simple, really. You have no argument and are trying to hide the facts. Hopefully your other "for profit" websites will do it for you. But by Alexa standards, they are all a fail. Looks like your only option is to continue to lie.

CT Challenger

OK, a quick update on Mr. Stewart, the manager charged with theft from the Crappy Tire in Fenelon Falls.

He had a pre-trail hearing in Lindsay court, on the 3rd.

Not sure when the trial will be - should be interesting.

The CTers claimed that they have a "100% conviction rate" of every shop-lifter every caught since 1929 in every store in the country. So, this should be a slam dunk, I suppose.

No real news, but this record: http://media.zuza.com/2/0/20142d81-ccbf-4dcb-a77d-c9a50c239a7d/docket_march28_april8_2014.pdf

Last edited:

CTH8R

Lots in the news about this:

Dee G.: I am so incredibly disappointed with Canadian Tire's descion to put a 1.5 million square foot distribution centre in Bolton -- what were you thinking??? Put it in in a commercial area away from homes and already congested and truck travelled roadways!!!!

CTH8R

Canadian Tire must pay for detaining man: Quebec Court

MONTREAL — The operators of a Canadian Tire store in the east end have been ordered to pay $7,000 to a client detained without cause after he attempted to return a set of training wheels for his daughter’s bicycle.

Quebec Court Judge Daniel Dortélus awarded the sum to Abdellah Banane, who sued the Canadian Tire Pie-IX for damages after the incident in May 2010.

Court was told the customer brought back the training wheels, which were the wrong size, and presented his bill but was denied a refund or exchange by an employee and the manager on the grounds they were no longer in the original packaging.

He then threw them on the ground and attempted to leave the premises, but was intercepted by four security guards, who forced him into a room and handcuffed him to a chair until the arrival of police 30 minutes later.

Police released him after hearing both sides. No charges were laid.

“The Court concludes there was sufficient evidence his rights and freedoms were violated,” Judge Dortélus said. “By acting as they did, the manager and security guards breached his dignity.”

The operators of the Canadian Tire store did not present a defence at the trial.

CTH8R

Ron L.: Just had a solar power gazebo light caught fire today and exploded in my face causing burns . Suing

Ron L.: Canadian tire junk all from china

CTH8R

So much for "100% of the Jumpstart donations go to the kids":

Mark C.: So what else is new,these owners at least some but west bank and oliver those guys fill there tanks and take there wives for dinner with what is earned from there BBQ that is supposed to go to the kids Bad people' it's a shame!!!

CTH8R

Geez, when it rains, it pours:

Terry G.: Be warned, Canadian Tire is illegally charging taxes on water refills. They refused me a refund: Finance