Too short a time before you are logged out.

cdnTired

Wow, I just spent 10 minutes typing my first thread, then went to submit it only to find that I had taken too long and had been logged out. My message was lost and I am way too pissed off to start all over again. What's your time out limit?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
There is an auto-save feature which saves every minute while you are typing. If you try to post again in the same location, at the bottom left side of the message box (in the grey area), there is a button that says "Restore Auto-Saved Content". You should be able to recover the majority of your message.

The time-out for log-out is at default settings as on most forums, 15 minutes. You can avoid being logged out by clicking the "remember me" box under the login. Sorry for any inconvenience.

cdnTired

@Admin "If you try to post again in the same location, at the bottom left side of the message box (in the grey area), there is a button that says "Restore Auto-Saved Content"."

What location is that ...at the Say Hello level, I should start a new thread? By the message box you mean where you actually type, just below the title box, right? Well there is no button like you describe there with a new post. How about if you just access the last saved version and e-mail it to me to repost?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, your post cannot be found in the auto-save log. This could be due to you having posted something else, therefore canceling out your prior post, or it could be due to being automatically logged out while you were typing, in which case it could not save.

Upon logging in, if you check the 'remember me' box, you will NOT be logged out automatically.

Here is an example of what it will look like. Take a look at the bottom left corner of the quick reply box. This will be the same with any post or thread text box.

Restore Auto-Saved Content.jpg

Alternately, to not take the chance, you could always type your post in a Notepad or Word document and paste it in for your post if you are posting something lengthy.

I do hope that you will come back and post your experience, despite what happened here with the auto log out, so that others who have experienced similar, can share in your experience(s). Also, so that others may avoid having to deal with Canadian Tire in such a manner.

cdnTired

@Admin Thanks for taking the time to respond adequately to my initial post. If CT provided such effective consumer responses then I guess this forum wouldn't exist. One suggestion I would like to make (to help newbies like myself get started) is to have a separate topic area for auto service complaints.