Bat119

CT has good selection of products but its service is lacking. Being screwed over by big box stores is almost a way of life these days the forum is way of letting them know what their weakness's are and hopefully fix some problems.

Rules for working at CT
NEVER OFFER TO HELP
NEVER MAKE EYE CONTACT
NEVER PUT IN ANY EFFORT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM

CT_CS

Rules for working at CT
NEVER OFFER TO HELP
NEVER MAKE EYE CONTACT
NEVER PUT IN ANY EFFORT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM

I would like to let you know, that having worked at canadian tire, we are constantly coached during staff meetings and amongst other things to OFFER TO HELP, MAKE EYE CONTACT, AND ALWAYS PUT EFFORT TO SOLVE A PROBLEM. In fact, its what I did, i was paid to solve problems (working at the courtesy desk) and I must say, that it can only be directly related to management as well as the dealer who owns the store.

Owner 1

Oh really? They surveyed in all Provinces? All Cities? All locations?

Every day they tell me with tens of thousands of dollars that they have good reason to shop here. Every day several million dollars is spent at CT stores around the country. EVERY DAY! I know what that tells me.... and it's far more accurate and valuable then two *CENSORED* who portray themselves as experts.

Owner 1

In case you're not aware, MarketPlace is always on the witch hunt to find something wrong with some company somewhere. Check out their line up of shows. They go after cell phone companies, grocery stores, gyms/fitness facilities, Eco Friendly Products, home renovations etc.... the list is endless. Make no mistake, they aren't EVER looking to find something good or positive to say. In fact read their tag line. "Whether it is a slick scam, misleading marketing claim, a product that could put your health at risk, or maddening customer service, Marketplace weeds out wrongdoing against Canadians"

Now what you are not aware of is how this show is/was created. You saw a few minutes of footage edited to tell their story. what you're not seeing, is the hours and hours of footage that didn't support their story that ended up on the cutting room floor. Yes that's right, TV is edited.

If you truly , truly believe that all they found was bad customer service, had no help, weren't ever treated right, weren't able ever to return a product with ease at every store they shopped, well then you are the worst "consumer advocate" i've ever seen. Truly, you have no concept of what goes on in our stores, in Walmart, Zellers, Sears, The Bay, Lowes, Home Depot etc.... every day. You're a blind hater. I've said it before i'll say it again. Learn to form an objective opinion.

CTH8R

Ok, so you think the CBC are all liars, just like you think all consumers are liars.

I guess you are still mad because they exposed all your vehicle service rip-offs.

They call themselves "Canada's Consumer Watchdog" - and you are surprised they look for problem areas? Get a clue!

Believe what you want, but the poll was conducted by Leger Marketing, not CBC. Are you seriously saying Leger are all liars, too?

Beside, the poll was about the opinions of Canadian. And they gave your crappy store an "F".

Or are all the Canadians they surveyed liars, too?

Boy, in a universe of liars, it's nice to have "owner1" as the only shining example of truth!

LMFAO!

Last edited:

Owner 1

Okay lets make this easy for you.

When a company sets out with a survey that asks a specific negative question, they are GUARANTEED a negative answer. period. If a series of interviews, videos, photographs etc.... call it evidence, is collected, not all of it makes it to publish. It's called editing...or creative editing. Ask Michael Moore. Any good documentary creator will tell you, they edit to tell a story, the story they have chosen, not the whole story.
So if you really think that they didn't get any good customer service or help from any employees, you're silly naive.

I never called anybody from CBC or Leger a liar. They're creating reports and tv shows. they edit. they edit to suit their position.

CTH8R

Interesting. Angry/CT/Me/Law/Guy used to just be an expert in marketing, retailing, and consumer law.

Now they are also an expert in statistics and television production.

Regardless or their 'know-it-all' attitude, they can't deny what Leger Marketing found.

Canadians gave Crappy Tire an "F" for customer service.

One other thing that can't be denied:

The Crappy People don't like hearing the truth about their crappy stores.