CT Challenger

I'd like to start a thread, just on this topic.

Here's the first installment, from last night at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/32-return-policy-17.html#post7209:

----

Sometimes I like to go to the Crappy Tire facebook page, to read all the complaints. Hiliarious!

https://www.facebook.com/Canadiantire

You gotta be pretty quick though - the CT internet peons like to come through and scrub off all the stories about incompetence and crappy return policies.

Here are a couple I saw today - on their own site, LOL! I guess they must all be "Faker Advocates" - pretty funny!

"Ron Coldham What happens when it doesn't work properly, you try to return it, and all CT will give you is a store credit? Then mom can spend that money on all those auto supplies she craves. Worst Mothers' Day ever. Thanks again, CT. Thanks again."

Did we predict that, or what! LMAO!

"Barry Fletcher Canadian Tire Ft McMurray has the worst service in the country".

Actually, they are all pretty bad, Barry. You've been warned!

"Kory Hopp Do NOT buy 4cyl gas troybuilt weedeater its pure junk dose not start right and trimmer line dose not work right! NEVER buy troy built products!"

Guess what, Kory? It's NEVER buy from Crappy Tire!

"Korine Labelle If you love your mom you will get her anything BUT something from Canadian tire!! Worst customer service and products anywhere."

Good call, Korine! Good call!

And one more, which is my personal favourite:

"Earl Willison Canadian Tire is the worse store going they dont honor their warranties at all"

Well said, Earl!

And how do the peons at CT.ca respond to these complaints? One of two ways: they either post, "Please contact our customer service as we would like to assist you further" or else "strong customer service is important, we would like to hear more personally"

Way to seize that opportunity to get off your butts and actually DO something, Crappy Tire!

Way to leverage that social media!

LMAO

CTH8R

Lot of the comments are about the crappy facebook page itself, and how it doesn't even work right. Sounds a lot like canadiantire.ca, LOL!

Here's another one that got missed last night.

May 28th, Shaun Lafrance:

"An 85 year old man was told by a Canadian tire employee to stop complaining and muttering about it. We had the displeasure of visiting your location in Arnprior, On and to be served by Joe. My grandfather had gone in to look for a part for his tiller and was told by joe they don't have it. As an 85 year old man would do, ask why would you sell the product and not simple parts to repair them. Joe says, well we don't have it so it is what it is. Joe offered to get us a phone number where we could call to get the part. As we were walking to the cash, my grandfather says to me, I don't under why they don't carry it? Joe looks at him and says in a very sarcastic voice, why do you keep muttering about this, we don't have it, it is what it is. Wow, wonderful service! So we left the store, my grandfather insulted and confused as to why someone would be so rude. So I went back into the store to remind Joe that speaking to an elderly person was NOT ok and that this would not end here. Now I have contacted your head office and no reply, no I have taken this to social media so that others may know about this. I would like someone to get back to me and please explain this VERY inappropriate behavior and how this will be delt with."

The Crappy People said, "contact customerservice@canadiantire.com about this? We will be in touch." Sounds good, right?

But then Shaun wrote, "I have already. I have not received a response." So typical of Crappy Tire!

That's not the end of it, though. Two days later, Shaun wrote:

"Well look at that, I contact customer service and what do I get as a response? Call the store. Wow, always the run around with you guys! Why can't a senior from head office contact me and give me a reason as to why Canadian tire staff talks down to 85 year old people! Terrible, absolutely wrong."

A couple of days later, Jim Goff had this to say:

"It's a shame there isn't a "dislike" button to click on."

I couldn't agree more, Jim!

CTH8R

Some more, from the Father's Day thread:

Bunny Wuffles: "Wow, lots of complaints on this site. CT is certainly not the cleanest or most organized chain store ..."

Perry Mac: "purchased a cheer pantry from here yesterday. worst experience i have ever had. parts were scratched and broken. hardware was cheap and flimsy. horrible products. shopped here for yesr and have notced a huge decline in quality."

Mark Rogers: "I've now stopped going to Canadian Tire after 30 years of patronage. Absolutely awful service here in Vancouver."

Patricia Bourgoin: "Its not Canadian Tire, its Canadian Tired lol"

Bobby Matthews: "richard walmart has a great sale this week on barbeques" and "try home hardware"

Mark Rogers: "To stop going to Canadian Tire after 30 years of patronage. Absolutely awful service here in Vancouver. Even wrote a letter (which I never do), and never even got a response."

Gift Card thread:

Heather Richardson-Baker: "I would at least like their advertising to be accurate and not deceiving customers intentionally. Even worse than false advertising is their lack of customer service and concern for the fact they do this on purpose !! They have lost my business !!"

Karen Forsyth Wilson: "What customer service? saw the sign but sure didn't get any service"

And" "Might add he ordered me out of the store as I was trying to tell him that it was less than 48 hours since it was bought, then threatens to call the police on me. Made sure everyone in the store could hear him to. This isn't the first problem there, had a problem with tires to, So take it where ever you want, I will never buy from Canadian Tire again."

Dry Cleaner:

A negative comment just disappeared, right before I could even copy the text!

Tent:

Lyn Bartram: "Dear Canadian Tire, I used to love you. I wanted to support a Canadian company. My credit card and you have had a long and substantial relationship over many years. But alas! you don't love me any more and you treat me like animal by-products. You keep telling me why you can't be as attentive to my needs as Home Despot. So for the sake of one broken piece of equipment that you will not let me return (you want me to send it off for repair at my own expense when i owned it for a total of 6 hours) you want a divorce. Guess what? Home Depot wants me more. It's been a slice"

There was a good one on the Bicycle thread ... but they deleted it so fast!!! (Not even the lame "please contact customer service" B.S.).

Tidy Up:

Sharon Hanley: "How did Canadian Tire get on my Facebook Page & how do I get rid of it?"

Mother's Day:

Sean Munt: "So here is my Mothers Day experience at Canadian Tire (3615 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, MB). I go to check out at self service. The paper jams. We tell the girl who was reluctant to go look at it there was a problem. When she fixes it I ask her for our receipt. She says she can't give us one. So apparerntly all your items are sold as is. I no longer can get my mail in rebate from Fram since I have no receipt either. Thanks Canadian Tire. This ranks right up there with going into Part Source a couple months back and the people behind the desk are not helping anyone because they are busy playing with a dog."

Garage Thread:

Leslie Nicholson: "A standard CT response to a contest glitch, contact Customer Service... done that before only to find out they don't even know a contest is going on! LOL... how about fix the contest site, or host it not on Facebook?"

and then, "REPEAT: A standard "contact customer service" instruction doesnt cut it Canadian Tire. If you are running a national contest, the darn site should work and not waste people's time?:

Ian Baker-Gregory: "Unlike this page and do not take your car to any C/T you will be over charged and then have to take it back for the same job that was never completed and trying to deny it was done at all"

Cleaning Products:

Shannon McGee: "this doesn't help my feelings about canadian tire after your staff member telling me "baby proofing products were for moms who don't watch their kids and just talk on the phone all day" I told your manager at the young and dundas store and he did absolutely nothing about it not even an apology I no longer shop here because of that incident"

And this is from the FAN page?

LMAO!

CTH8R

Looks like I'm not the only one who hates Crappy Tire!

Here are some oldies, to poste before they get

Deeba Khan: "Attention All: On 26th eve about half an hour before the closing we went to Canadian Tire located at 3553 Lawrence Ave. East Scarborough, ON M1H 1B2 to buy folding chairs.
As we were ready to leave this associate came along and asked us very rudely to clean up the opened chairs. We told him very politely that we will put away the ones we had opened and to which he refused and said I just did my round and that was not there. My husband repeated that “we will put away the ones we opened” and he asked us to “get out” and started to make personal remarks. I was completely appalled by his behavior and asked for the manager on duty. To my utmost disappointed he was quite the same as the associate.
To my understanding since I was wearing my ethnic clothes I was treated unfair and looked down upon. I have worked in retail myself and very aware how the customers need to be treated. I must admit I have never come across such an inexcusable behavior by any associate. I felt I was racially treated and I am not going to take this matter lightly and would like this to be addressed by senior customer service team at the Canadian Tire team."

Crappy only gave the standard form-letter response: "Please contact us at customerservice@canadiantire.com, we will look into the matter."

Yeah, right!

Here's what Deeba wrote next:

"I have done that already and I hope to hear from your end now. Would appreciate an earnest effort from your end to correct the unfair behavior."

Yeah, good luck getting anywere with that, Deeba. Just don't go there anymore! Thanks for the warning!

CTH8R

More catching up:

Danny Woodson: "I have had the worst service from this company and I will NEVER deal with you lot again."

Janina Millette: "Me either their REFUND POLICY sucks big time!!!!"

Danny Woodson: "you got that right."

Stewart Morrison: "learned NEVER to take my car there for the yearly MVI...bad experience with the one on Mountain Road/Moncton...

Jessica Andersen: "dislike"

Karen Forsyth Wilson: "I made 3 trips, 80 km each time to get tires and a wheel alignment, I had payed for the tires and made an appointment, but Cold Lake can't get enough people to make a full brain."

Tom Leddin: "as long as canadian tire is advertise with facebook im no longer a customer..."

Jody Smits: "If your service tech at the Port Elgin canadian tire doesn't like you, you will wind up with four loose lug nuts when you check what's wobbling in your tire 3 weeks later!!!!"

Brad Chanin: "Canadian Tire steals from the handicapped and should be boycotted!!!!!"

Robert Hill: "Very disappointed in the service I'm getting. Trying to return a defective product, but I have to speak to a manager because the clerk can't give me cash. Naturally, "all the managers are in a meeting," so I have to come back a second time."

Three guesses what Crappy Wrote back to Robert. OK, 1 guess: "contact our customer service as we would like to assist you further. "

Then Robert wrote: "got it dealt with, thanks. I don't understand why the clerk didn't have the authority to reverse a $40 transaction. A lot of companies trust their employees to make the customer happy -- quickly. London Drugs and Ikea come to mind. Both have clear, hassle-free return policies."

Bobby Matthews: "buy tires at kal tire for.my truck .get some tools and home hardware .by some home supplys at rona and lawn and yard stuff.get an oil change at lube x and remobe canadian tire crom my fb pages"

Bobby Matthews: "buy that at canadian tire oh wait canadian tire doesnt sell computers .oh well even if they did i would probably go to staples anyways"

Justin Wheeler: "Hankook. But I buy them in the US. Your price is $331/tire for the exact tires on my car. I paid $162/ea in the US."

Stacy Lafleur: "thats all i know it a good place to go get ripeed in the auto gradge iv never seen such a bunch a crooks since stephen harper"

Donna Pascoe: "Depends on who owns the store, I suppose. Worst place I have ever worked in my life, EVER. And you can't find anyone who knows where things are let alone to actually help you with plumbing or electric. Love where I work now. Canadian Tire Chilliwack keeps my current place of employment booming, since ppl hate the Canadian Tire here so much."

Eileen Bettis: "the tire section in Southland Calgary provides horrible service. I bring my tire in to get fixed and they give it to the wrong person. They have no solution for me! So in the mean time my vehicle gets towed. Thanks Canadian Tire!"

Mara Langston: "Better deals else where nad better service"

Dennis Jessome: "I really think you should hire a few more workers at the Canadian Tire store in North Sydney Cape Breton Nova Scotia , The only way right now to get attentionof what you are looking for , is go to the Paint Booth and wait, Maybe you might get an Attendent."

Ian Baker-Gregory: "Unlike this page and do not take your car to any C/T you will be over charged and then have to take it back for the same job that was never completed and trying to deny it was done at all"

Yup, lots of "haters" out there, who are just plain fed up with Crappy Tire's poor service.

And I didn't even mention all the peope fed up with their Crappy Facebook page.

Can you Feel the Love? - LMAO!

CTH8R

Hey, a fresh crop of Complaints - on Crappy Tire's own Facebook page!

Let's get started!

Michael Shein: "Can. Tire is terrible with returns so be careful when you buy becasue they don't stand behind the products they sell"

Kelly Lynn: "- stores are a bit too crowded for ease of movement and could use some organization tips make it easier to find thing....."

Joan Lloyd: "Trying to get info' re availability of a product via internet or phone was utterly impossible...grrr"

I'd better grab this one before the Crappy People spot it & delete it!

Erin Ferguson: "Be very careful before choosing a bike at Canadian Tire. We bought our 7 year old a CCM bike from CT in March and took it directly to a bike shop to have it checked out (since it had to be purchased pre-assembled). The frame was damaged (yes, on a brand new bike). We had to talk to an endless stream of employees at Cdn Tire until we could convince someone to at least exchange the bike - Cdn Tire does not allow returns or exchanges on their pre-assembled bikes. We were treated terribly by three separate employees. How can a business possibly allow a product to be sold, but refuse to allow and exchange or refund if the product is obviously damaged (through no fault of the consumer)? One month later, that bike's front brake came loose while my son was riding and he barely avoided a horrible accident. If you want service and a company that will stand behind their product, do not buy your bike at Canadian Tire."

And those comments aren't from some random "sucks.com" site - they are on Crappy Tire's own version of "Canadian Tire Suck Dot Net"

Great Job, Crappy Tire!

Thanks for giving ordinary Canadians another place to say how much you suck!

CTH8R

Hmmm ... turns out if you hit the "Show More Recent Stories" button, you see more posts from earlier in the month.

Got some catchin' up to do!!!

Under "Auto Safety Month", Eddie B said: "They robbed me too!They did work on my car and messed it all up.The manager(at the time) made me a deal and then died.,Now canadian tire is using that to the advantage and decided not to follow threw with there promise!They dont know what there doing and I will see them in court.You have all been warned."

Boy! Lots and lots of complaints about bicycles:

James Masters: "Careful buying a bike bought one brand new and a month later it is unridable "

Tom Stall: "Every canadian tire bike sucks. Ppl who buy them are not very smart"

Fred Tavenier: "Hopefully it will never break down and have to be repaired in a Canadian Tire service center. BANDITS !!!"

Shannon Rose Phillips-sharun: "‎@Andrew Okulitch..i just purchased a supercycle made in canada bike at the canadian tire in coquitlam..looked like the perfect bike..i loved it until i got it on the road and it rattles and scrapes like a 20 year old clunker..i had to return it..now have to wait until someone decides to look at it/fix it..they have my money..i have no bike..good deal hmm..really pissed..i should have given them counterfeit money for the counterfeit bike..i have a feeling i'm in for a long wait..canadian tire doesn't care about hteir customers like they used to..i'm going to start a hate the place page if i don't get my bike back in perfect running condition..which is what i paid for..made in canada yes..assembled in the store by some boob..and that's the truth.."

Shannon Rose Phillips-sharun: "i want my bike..i paid for my bike..first day out it almost fell apart..what is going on?..has canadian tire no pride in their products..and then i was looked at like i was crazy for being annoyed..i am annoyed..i wanted a loaner bike..why do you have my money and i have no bike..you guys are really pushing your luck.."

People didn't like this particular bike much:

Pierre Couture: "i have ridden these. they are "death traps"."

Krista Gaudette Melvin: "For those of you who don't have $800 they are way cheaper elswhere"

John Bush: "ya can make one for less than that costs."

With the planting season upon us, these comments are timely:

Kathryn Paton: "Advertisted the garden centre would open tomorrow (June 1st) then opened it a day early. This is misleading to consumers."

Patricia Hislop: "Just went to the garden center in Newmarket - 8:20am - based on the ad in the Era Banner - store opens at 8am - garden center specials. Found out that because it is raining they don't have any staff to work the cash outside so they won't open the outdoor garden center. Aksed if I could go in and bring out the plants to pay at the cash in the store and they said no because it is too big out there and people steal things. Asked when they thought it would be open and they said when it stops raingin. I guess they are going to be closed all weekend. Don't go to Newmarket Garden Center. They don't want your business"

Laura Duffin: "remember too that if a plant doesnt make it.... they don't replace it!"

Laura Duffin: "oh yeah, I live in B.C. I asked about an Impatient plant that died within a week of purchase. I was told there is nothing they will do to replace or refund. I then went to Home Depot and spent my budget for annuals with them..they have a year return policy..so there! I will not buy anything else at Canadian Tire again. The only good thing they have that I will miss at the Garden Center are the professional gardeners to consult with...great gals."

Canopy:

Valerie Caskey: "after 2 or 3 times of use u need a new top (none to be found).now to the land fill or to cohen &cohen 'scrap yard."

And just general complaints:

Lois Tustin: "i really do not want to have canadian tire on my face book page"

Jennie Morrow: "Does anyone know how to unsubscribe from these ads? I've even called the company but they were of no help."

Jojo Forrest: "Canadian tire sucks would not buy a part for my lawnmower there .... BOO to Canadian tire"

Shannon Rose Phillips-sharun: "if there was a dislike button i'd hit it.."

Evan Cooper: "I think i need to UNLIKE Canadian Tire. Never anything useful. wrong language. No stock. nothing."

James Petersen: "I miss the good old days when Canadian Tire employees actually wanted to assist their customers..."

DaveRichelle Hogan: "Canadian Tire in Miramichi really sucked!!! Waited for 30 minutes to get the 2-ton garage kit! People who worked there took them 30 minutes to find it. Decided to leave with a rain check, almost at the exit door and the lady who told me that she didn't know where it is finally found it after 30 minutes!!! I think they need to hire more knowledgeable people to work there!!! No good customer service!!!"

Cory Danard: "Be aware, Canadian Tire Batteries, are Cold cranking Amps rated @ 0*C. Every other brand rates them @ 0*F. BIG DIFFERENCE. Very iffy advertising people!"

Patrick Zass LaBute: "Just went to Walker (windsor) to get a new Master craft blade for my grandpas lawn mower. The MANAGER told me and my father that tweet only carry craftsman and to go to Sears. Well I'm just at Sears and they only carry craftsman and I wall I'll informed from Canadian tire is where I needed to be. Only one and a half hours later and I'm coming back not to impressed."

George Jones: "Comment: hello my name is jason and i frequent your summerside pei canada store very often and use your card even more which if you check my activity you can confirm that. Today i was at your summerside pei location and i did not have a pleasant experience i was so disgusted i left my cartful in the store after it was rang,without buying.I had a precision screwdriver set that was marked 6.99 but it rang up 19.99 they called back they couldnt find it so they asked me to show them and i did so the guy took the sale ticket down off shelf and took to cashiershe still called manager lady short hair,glasses a little heavy set, and she said after making me feel like a criminal and that i was lying until the male representive vouched that was acurate information i gave her,then she told me it was human error so i waited 35 minutes or so ,had to walk back to show 2 people where it was for nothing.Very frustrating so i went to Home Depot and got what i needed,i am very disgusted in how i was treated today money is hard enough to come by , shouldnt be an ordeal when you want to spend it"

Margie Klimpel: "I don't buy paint at CT. Last time I did, I applied 7 coats and it looked like crap! I went over to Home Hardware and got their BeautiTone paint and only had to apply one coat to completely cover the mess that CT paint left. AND I got it at the same sale price as CT had. I buy all my paint there now. Love the price matching and you don't have to show them a competitor's flyer"

Thanks, Crappy Tire, for supporting Social Media!

Now even more people can share how much you suck!

CTH8R

Another day, another raft of customer complaints posted on Crappy Tires very own Social Media Venture: Canadian Tire | Facebook.

Let's see what's on the minds of the Canadian consumers:

1 - Crappy Treatment of the handicapped

Brad Chanin: "Canadian Tire stores I found out do not care for the handicapped. I applied and was accepted at 13% (CT does not deny this) 0n 24 December 2009. I was told when I picked up their mistake that since I did not catch "THEIR" mistake It's not their problem, and now they tell me because I am handicapped the new rate is 19.9% (I am told this is their standard rate for the disabled).
3 years of overpayment on interest after 19 years a customer of CT Bank. This is a company out of touch with their customers. As long as they arte paying they love you, but when you become ill, it's not their problem!!!
Now that I can no longer return to work, I am strapped with the extra financial burden of their interest mistake (which by my calculations runs into the thousands of dollars) as well as the new handtcapped interest rate bloating the overinflated ballance." Yesterday at 3:56pm

2 - Crappy Sioniz Pressure Washer (available exclusively at Crappy Tire!)

Glenn Dunstall: "Simoniz pressure spends more time getting fixed then I use it, and Canadian tire does nothing to help." 15 hours ago

3 - A Crappy Garage

Shirley Mae Coolen: "husband had car at Canadian Tire.in Tantallon....went he went to leave..car wouldn't start...so he went to the tire centre asked if he could get a boost....they said they were too busy! Now how is that for customer service!" 4 hours ago

4 - Crappy Bicycles

Hadi Khouri Rita: "Fabro, it's a sign. Go elsewhere for that bike" 3 hours ago

5 - Crappy Car Repairs, Crappy Prices and Crappy Customer Service

Hadi Khouri: "was one of those who thought that people complaining here were not reasonable or had too high expectations.Well now i'm one of them, and I don't think I'm unreasonable or have high expectations.
#1- 2 months ago, CT garage tech "forgot" to put the oil cap back on.Hope that never happens to anyone.drove back home only to find a big puddle of oil on our 1 year old driveway (unistone).
#2- found out that many cleaning products sold at CT are much more expensive than elsewhere.in fact, the sale price at CT is the competition's regular price (example: spray nine)
#3- bought my 4 year old a bike last July.never really noticed that one of the training wheels was too big since he didn't ride it much last summer. This morning went to my local CT to explain that the bike came with one wrong training wheel.OMG was it ever complicated.in the end I had to purchase a new set of training wheels at my expense. It's not about the cost, 15$ won't change my life, but sure will cost CT a client.
Did I also mention that I'll be selling my CT shares? Even though it's been a decent investment, not sure it can be sustained with such poor service and so many competitors out there" 3 hours ago

Hadi Khouri: "throughout any experience, they make sure to make it understood that they don't care. And i'll make sure my father's day gift won't come from CT either" 3 hours ago

And what did Crappy do to make up for all their transgressions?

Their Customer Retention Process immediately kicked into high-gear, and they wrote:

"send us an email at customerservice@canadiantire.com".

But apparently, that's all they did!

And then returned to BAU: "Business As Usual".

That'll sure keep 'em coming back!

Great response, Crappy Website People!

Excellent "Customer Experience"!

LMAO!

CTH8R

Uh-oh! Looks like the Crappy People have been pissin' off Canadians, yet again!

Won't they ever learn?

The Crappy People will say these aren't really customers - just a bunch of "scammers" and "losers". But they sure look like a cross-section of upstanding Canadians to me.

So, here's the latest topics of complaint:

More Crappy Auto Service:

Sandy Heap: Canadian Tire Sucks, the so called Mechanics they have ruined my Complete Car Brake Systom. Would not STAND BEHIND THAT.16 hours ago

Carol Copeland Skinner: My son worked as a mechanic at two Canadian Tire stores. He was fired from both when he advised car owners they didn't need to purchase " the extra problems that were found with the vechile" suggested by the front desk people. He said they were told to always tell the customers that there were things wrongs with the cars in order to boost sales. These were the Cdn Tire stores in Kitchener, On.7 hours ago

Eddie B deserves his own section re: Crappy Auto service:

Eddie B: Use any advice from anyone whos willing to stand behind what they say.I was given automotive advice by canadian tire to change my starter.They gave me my car already running and the first time I tryed to start it myself I was stranded and had to have my car towed.I had to pay someone else to fix it and they refuse to give me my money back.Advice is free.... just not from canadian tire!20 hours ago

Eddie B: my friend brought in his honda civic(one of the most common cars on the road) to canadian tire for a simple emmission test.They couldnt figure out how to open the gas cap by hand so they used a screwdriver to open it.After When my friend realized how they managed to open it he explained that if they had asked him he would have told them about the button that releases the gas cap insted of them prying it open with a screwdriver!Should they not know these things already with out being told by the customer?20 hours ago

Eddie B: Again they ignore my valid points because they know they are wrong.Canadian tire promised me they would fix this but did nothing. Dont expect them to do anything for you! Im only asking for what was already offered to me,if the manager didnt die(I mean no disrespect to him) they wouldnt be able to make $300 off me.Have some respect for him and your customers please..5 hours ago

Eddie B: If they dont make this right I will be taking the advice of canadian tire head office and take the owner to small claims court.If anyone wants to add me to facebook and tell me there horror stories I could bring your stories to court to show there history of bad customer service and advice.I tryed everything before it got to this but I will not be ignored.5 hours ago

Eddie B: Neil,its hard not to "bash" a company that stops providing customar service once they have your money..20 hours ago

Eddie B: Another Horror that I can relate to.They dont think of the big picture,maybe legally they dont have to help you but morally they should.If they were to back up there product and services they wouldnt lose life customers like us over a few bucks..20 hours ago

A Crappy Parts Order:

Hallie MacLeod: My bucket list includes hopefully getting the ATE rotors (Canadian Tire's product number for the rotors is 1139150 and ATE's product number is CW24740) that I ordered the first week of May. Don't tell me to contact Canadian Tire customer service either. I already did...TWICE...spoke to Anne. I even contacted the Senior Vice President of Canadian Tire Automotive, Allan MacDonald, and still have not received a response!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!2 hours ago

More Crappy Customer Service:

Jennifer Morris: Here's some advice: when a six year old boy goes to the checkout to but a water gun with all of his saved change - let him buy it!!! Since when do you not accept Canadian money to buy things?!?! :mad:

Crappy Credit Cards:

Clinton David: Just beware that they'll try to sign you up for a credit card, and if you agree, they'll also sign you up for roadside assistance, balance protection fees (that are worthless), and any other extras they can slip in there. Pay close attention, because they like to fill in the form with all the options checked off, then try to get you to sign it without reading it closely. you'll be on the phone for days trying to get it all cancelled, or else pay a lot for extras you don't need.5 hours ago

More Crappy Bicycles:

Clinton David: The warranty for this bicycle says, "Pre-assembled bicycles are not returnable". But what if it's defective, or wasn't assembled correctly? Besides, isn't every single thing the store sells "not returnable" the second you unpack it or use it? Does a test-ride instantly make it "used"? Can I get one that's NOT Pre-assembled? What would the warranty be in that case? These rules sure aren't clear!21 hours ago

Seems like the complaints are outnumbering the compliments. LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

The rate of complaints onto Crappy Tire's f/b page seems to have slowed a tad.

Could it be that the Crappy People are suddenlty doing a better job? LMAO!

No, I bet people are just exhausted from fruitless complaints.

Here's the latest:

Cory Powell: Canadian tire is a sad organisation Sunday at 11:26am

Rick Johnson: Lmfao!!!!! I would not even let me or my DAD shop at your stores mutch less getting work done on our cars. Sunday at 4:17pm

Beverly J Sydenham: please don't advertise on my facebook page. Ty Sunday at 4:24pm

Jason DeAbreu: Carquest Roxboro yvee gives the best advice and prices Sunday at 10:14pm..

Linda Chamberlain: canadian tire has the worse guarantie i ever seen would never go buy anything electronic or kitchen produc there they need to do better Yesterday at 6:13am.

Allan Andkilde: Canadian Tire SUCKS 18 hours ago

Steve Nurse: Went in for a 30$ A/C refill, went out with a 90$ bill and no A/C. 16 hours ago.

Matt Haze: Canadian tired 11 hours ago

CTH8R

So easy to fall behind, LOL!

-

Moyralyn Stephens: ‎...Defective parts to CT are just a way of making more $. CT charges to test their defective products! Like car batteries; the charge is $18, plus if it is defective the warranty covers the battery but they charge you $45 to install the new one...IMHO...That's lousy customer service! Just sayin'
Yesterday at 9:46am

Pearl Hiemstra: Make wure you keep the reciept or you will have a nightmare dealing with the unfriendly Salmon Arm staff... I only shop at the Vernon location now as I have had such bad customer service that I can not even go into the store in Salmon Arm any more!
Yesterday at 10:22am

Jenny Ryder-Vanderstel: wouldn't use gift card if I won anything from canadian tire...have no use for that store Yesterday at 10:41am

Kim Baker: Never have any car mechanical done at Trashy Tire -- They Suck . 16 hours ago

Jagger Wyatt Lambert: i hate canadian tire 19 hours ago

Lorraine Raymond: does anyone know how i can delete all this free advertising i'm doing for canadian tire? 19 hours ago

Bryan de Roos Sorry: but no body beats a webber . It costs more but cooks better and lasts and lasts. Canadian tire needs to learn about selling quality barbecues instead of just selling ones that I see at the side of the road in a few years 19 hours ago

Lance Jacob: Webber is where its at! Those others just rust out 18 hours ago

Ben Waddy: canadian tire north red deer can go screw themselves14 hours ago

Will Fernandes: for a week! then she will fall apart like everything else Canadian Tire sells. 14 hours ago

Todd Vandenbroecke: Just wanna say this store sucks, horrible customer service, will never shop here again... after trying to return a incomplete and broken tool set I only purchased that same day. I was not happy with the tools I purchased and they wouldn't give me a refund nor allow me to change to a different set, even though I had the receipt! When I demanded a supervisor I was refused! 11 hours ago

Michael Todd Sparkes: Buy a Makita for quality and lasting performance. 41 minutes ago

John Whitford: Dis like this store. 39 minutes ago

CT Challenger

Here's a good one that got missed:

Claude Chidiac I just witnessed the most abusive customer service at the L'Acadie store in Montreal: A young associate called Marie-Pier said of a lady customer that she had lost her marbles, as the lady was asking to be refunded for a new bike that had been in repair for 4 months. This was beyond bad service, it was abusive. so no more Canadian Tire for me. I'd rather pay more...and not risk the abuse.
May 17 at 8:41pm

You managed to lose at least TWO customers by following up bad service with abusing your victim!

Great job, Crappy People!

CTH8R

Google Translator:
I usually do my shopping from work, in the late afternoon. I bring my personal work in a small backpack. It includes such items as my reading glasses, keys, wallet, medications, cell, etc.. as in a "bag woman". There may be occasional confidential documents or a laptop. That's why I do not leave my bag in the car or at the counter at the store entrance. For some time, and only in Canadian Tire stores, at the time of checkout, the cashier asks me to look in my bag. Having noted that this request is not against women who hang often large bags, I say no to the cashier, explaining that this treatment is not discriminatory as applied to all in the same way. The first time I have not had a problem, cashiers visibly upset just let me pass without saying anything. Thursday at 10:47pm

Tracy Roach: I DO NOT PARTICULARLY LIKE CANADIAN TIRE! No idea how this occurred! Thursday at 11:24am

Michael Todd Sparkes: Apparently so I have been told by Corporate the policies are up to the individual store owners so if you want a refund or to return the item make sure your branch will accept it. I have been shafted a few times by CT and just told the individual store owners are responsible for stock and policies. Used to be a fan of CT. Not anymore. Thursday at 12:17pm

Kim Mc: It's "wonderful" how you get replies to the questions left here. Not. Still waiting for response to Wednesday inquiry Yesterday at 6:59am

Lisa Ryder: Bwaaahaahaa! Canadian tire service at its best! Good to know some things never change! 18 hours ago

Rick Henry: i bought a weed eater at canadian tire nanaimo and it was to light for the job. i was going to return it and was told i could not as i had used it for five minutes. however i did go to home depot across the street and was told i could use thier gas weed eater for thirty days and return if i did not like it. so why can .needless to say i am disappointed in canadian tires return policy. i use to spend quite abit of money there now i have secound thoughts. 16 hours ago

Earl Brooks: Why do canadian tire employees always lie and say something is in stock when there isnt even a place on the shelf for it .I wasted half a day and 20 dollars of fuel trying to buy a table on sale that every store of the 4 I visited said was in stock but they could not even show me a spot where they were supposed to be when I got there. Shame on you . Never again will I waste my time on your pathetic operation 14 hours ago

Corina Strong: Repair only warranty means that you can't return it or get an exchange once it is purchased and leaves the store. Yes you have to wait for it to be repaired while they are sent out for repairs at a local repair depot. 13 hours ago

Tyler Marseille: that barbecue looks very well built, must have bought it somehwere other than candian tire.. 12 hours ago

Joh'n Smith: check this out, found great website for comparing tire prices www.getmetires.com It looks like they get prices from dealers across Toronto 12 hours ago

Albert McKenzie: this is a common practice at ct and I've been saying all this for years never plan on getting something too good to be true in the flyer it won't be there its just a ploy to get you to visit or some such marketing idiot who came up with this in the first place good luck those stupid enough to try going early it wasn't suppose to be there so how's early going to get you one 12 hours ago

Jamie MacDonald: Dear Sir/Madam, On Friday June 08*2012 I went to my local Canadian Tire store at 8:30 am before I went to work to get the Hamilton Beach 10-piece Cookset that was on sale for $89.99.When I arrived at the store a clerk in the store was unable to ring up my item for me because the cookware had not been updated in the computer as being on sale.The lady at the register told me to return after work and that the set would be set aside for me and I would get the sale price. I am sorry to say that when I returned on my way home from work there were no sets left and the one that had been set aside for me was sold.I am very unhappy about this and feel that steps should be taken to avoid this from happening again.I wrote the customer service through the email and have yet to be even recognized that you have received it. Not a happy customer 10 hours ago

Eleanor Kastelein Doornberg: Sounds like returns really vary store to store! I made the mistake of returning a Langley purchase to the Abbotsford store (didn't realize there were different owners). The girl was clearly annoyed by this, even tho I had the receipt, gave me a store credit that expired in 30 days, and didn't tell me it was only valid for that location. Yet I've had to return the odd item to Langley and they've always been fine and courteous about it! 7 hours ago

Eddie B: Dont hold your breath.They dont respect the "little guy" or how hard we work for our money.Do yourself a favor and take your care to a company that backs up there work and tells you there policies before they take your money! 7 hours ago

Eddie B: canadian tire steals from there customers all the time! Im a perfect example. Ive contacted a lawyer and they seem to think I have a strong case too! Thanks canadian tire for telling me to take you to small claims court its the first good advice you have given me.Too bad you couldnt just be real canadian company that has integrity and that would honor there agreements.. 5 hours ago

Eddie B: they wont help you,they have your money already.What ever happened to the customer is always right.Hope this was worth losing me as a customer.See you in court... 5 hours ago

Eddie B: Keep ignoring me it just shows how bad your customer service really is!you tryed to get me to replace my window motor when it was a 20 dollar switch!own up and give me my money back.stop trying to scam hard working customers. 5 hours ago

CTH8R

Eddie B sure has a lot of negative things to share about Crappy Auto Service:

Regarding Mosport he wrote:

Eddie B: "with my experience with canadian tire my guess is they couldnt get there cars started on race day" 15 hours ago.

LMAO!

CTH8R

Fathers' Day sure is busy at a so-called "guys' store" - busy with complaints, that is, LOL.

Barbeques:

Tyler Marseille: that barbecue looks very well built, must have bought it somehwere other than candian tire.. Friday at 6:09pm

Bait & Switch:

Earl Brooks: Why do canadian tire employees always lie and say something is in stock when there isnt even a place on the shelf for it .I wasted half a day and 20 dollars of fuel trying to buy a table on sale that every store of the 4 I visited said was in stock but they could not even show me a spot where they were supposed to be when I got there. Shame on you . Never again will I waste my time on your pathetic operation Friday at 4:41pm

Albert McKenzie: this is a common practice at ct and I've been saying all this for years never plan on getting something too good to be true in the flyer it won't be there its just a ploy to get you to visit or some such marketing idiot who came up with this in the first place good luck those stupid enough to try going early it wasn't suppose to be there so how's early going to get you one Friday at 6:14pm

SCOP Violations:

Jamie MacDonald: Dear Sir/Madam,
On Friday June 08*2012 I went to my local Canadian Tire store at 8:30 am before I went to work to get the Hamilton Beach 10-piece Cookset that was on sale for $89.99.When I arrived at the store a clerk in the store was unable to ring up my item for me because the cookware had not been updated in the computer as being on sale.The lady at the register told me to return after work and that the set would be set aside for me and I would get the sale price. I am sorry to say that when I returned on my way home from work there were no sets left and the one that had been set aside for me was sold.I am very unhappy about this and feel that steps should be taken to avoid this from happening again.I wrote the customer service through the email and have yet to be even recognized that you have received it. Not a happy customer Friday at 8:54pm

Vehicle repairs:

Eddie B: Keep ignoring me it just shows how bad your customer service really is!you tryed to get me to replace my window motor when it was a 20 dollar switch!own up and give me my money back.stop trying to scam hard working customers. Yesterday at 2:32am

Poor Service:

Janet Mann: Would love buy something from Canadian tire but as of yet we have been unsuccessful. We have been waiting for almost an hour for a cabinet and still no luck. Estevan Canadian tire is horrible! Yesterday at 5:06pm

Terry McCrea: customer service to help find something in the store is nil<br />, and unfortunately it goes from ontario to alberta Yesterday at 7:54pm

Tents:

Emily Armstrong: Canadian Tire, I have a beef with you. I just purchased the kid's Bear tent from your flyer specifically because it was advertised as UV coated. I got it home and NOWHERE in the packaging does it say it's UV coated. I've put in a call to the manufacturer to verify that it has UV coating and if it doesn't, you'll be getting it back! Yesterday at 8:46pm

General Comments:

Eleanor Kastelein Doornberg: Sounds like returns really vary store to store! I made the mistake of returning a Langley purchase to the Abbotsford store (didn't realize there were different owners). The girl was clearly annoyed by this, even tho I had the receipt, gave me a store credit that expired in 30 days, and didn't tell me it was only valid for that location. Yet I've had to return the odd item to Langley and they've always been fine and courteous about it! Yesterday at 1:12am

Eddie B: Keep ignoring me it just shows how bad your customer service really is!you tryed to get me to replace my window motor when it was a 20 dollar switch!own up and give me my money back.stop trying to scam hard working customers. Yesterday at 2:32am

Emily Armstrong: Also, all the employees that I met at your Wellington road location were depressed, bewildered and overwhelmed. Might want to work on CS training over at that location. Yesterday at 8:54pm

CD Cam :‎........haven't bought a single thing at Canadian Tire in about a year,........ant bait last time..............NOTHING Canadian about this company anymore. Cheap chinese junk...........even my husband doesn't bother with your tools anymore!! Winter boots that now crack open, barbeques that don't last a year, even hoses that break down in no time!! Sorry.........corporate greed does not a happy customer make!! Yesterday at 9:34pm

Craig Rock: Canadian tire sucks, there are never any people to help when you need them. The quality of the products are inferior, I hate the fact that when I enter the stare the first thing that I see is tide! Is this a guys store or a K-Mart. Even my kids say that it is worse than a Zellers store. I use to buy tools, hardware, auto parts and sporting goods from Canadian tire exclusiveky however the new look that was introduced a couple of years ago distroyed your reputation as a quality store. I hope you fired the idiot that decided to change a good store with male appeal to a low end WallMart. 23 hours ago via mobile

John Rossel: Don't like Canadian ZTire anymore, disgusting service, especiaslly here in Hinton 20 hours ago

Syl Bailleul: Don't like Canadian Tire, either, especially here in Cowansville. 19 hours ago

John Irwin: my favorite appliance is ....oppps i dont know the thunder bay store has re-arranged it again so ya cant find anmything thank s for the in convience and un- business like thinking.... 18 hours ago

Eddie B: They just dont carry anyone that knows anything about the products they sell. 5 hours ago

David White: It's not the fault of the staff if they aren't paid for training time - it's the fault of management. 5 hours ago

Brittany Archer: wow is management like that all through out the canadian tire corperation? 4 hours ago

What did Dad teach you?

Ernie Wheeler: Never buy from Canadian Tire lol Yes he did !!!\ about an hour ago

Last edited:

CTH8R

I have to admit, it's been hard keeping up with the deluge of customer complaints and criticisms on Crappy Tire's very own, company-run Facebook page.

Early on, I decide to exclude complaints about the Crappy Facebook page itself, and their inept handling of those complaints.

But even with them 'helping' by deleting unfriendly posts, and the out-right banning of ordinary Canadians who dare to tell the unpleasant truth about the laws and Crappy Tire's industry-worst practices, the sheer volume of customer out-cries is staggering.

Frankly, I just can't keep up! (No wonder the webmasters can only reply, "Contact Customer Support" to each and every complaint!)

So, I've decided to cut back even further.

I will no longer be reporting on the routine, run-of-the-mill, vaguely worded "you suck" types of messages, and instead focus on specific incidents, product complaints, and store-specific comments.

Just don't be fooled into thinking that the resulting drop in volume on this thread in any way indicates a miraculous improvement in the policies and service levels at good old' Crappy.

CTH8R

A new crop of stories and comments:

Eddie B: "Emily are sure it wasnt the customers who were depressed, bewildered and overwhelmed?With they way canadian tire handles themselfs its hard not to be..."

Emily Armstrong: "Eddie B: I was definitely ALL those things by the time I left the store! I asked a guy in Sports if the store had any other playsand aside from the Crayola coloured stuff, and all he said was "I dunno." So I asked, "Do you think maybe the Garden Centre might have some?" *shrug* "I dunno, maybe." I was stunned by how unhelpful he was!"

Sally Lindsay: "i have always loved canadian tire, but they have been very disappointing lately, and roommate e-mailed the customer service and even they aren't answering....starting to wonder if my loyalty is misplaced..."

Andrea Smith: "Never to go to Canadian Tire for a Tune-up! In 1992 you tried to charge $500.00 for a Tune-up. lol. Little did u know I worked in an auto shop. Dad put A new Filter and Spark Plugs in the night before i took it in for a Tune-up then u tried to charge for a Filter and Spark Plugs that u did not replace. and the old ones were not in ny Vehicle!!! I left went and got Dad and when returned to Canadian Tire They lost the Invoice! You NASTY DIRTBAGS!! I paid $160.00 for the tune-up!! And never ever shopped at Canadian Tire EVER AGAIN!! YOU ARE DISHONEST!!!!"

CTH8R

The volume of complaints on Crappy Tire's facebook page is high, but they like to hide posts they don't like and block people who tell the truth about CT's horrible practices.

Luckily this site is around, where old posts can still be viewed, and people aren't blocked for telling it like it is!

Sports Gear:

Daniel Raposo: "YOUR BIKES ARE VERY BAD LIKE SO BAD I HAVE TO LOOK AT WALMARTS BIKES TO FELL DEPRESSED" 23 hours ago

What Dad taught you:

David Silva" well im a dad and what im gonna teach my kid is never to bring a car to get fixed there, as you straight up jacked me for mine , and sold... it" 18 hours ago

UV Tent:

Eddie B: "they are ignoring her like they have doing with me..look at all the posts I have on here with no replies.They offered me something and now they are saything they never offered it.If you want to be treated with any respect take them to small claims court.Its cheap and when we win they will be forced to do what is right.If anyone has any questions about taking canadian tire to court I will gladly look into it for them." 5 hours ago

CTH8R

A couple of new stories:

Barbara Yeo: Does anyone else get fed up with Canadian Tire advertising things on sale and when you go into the store to purchase the item you are told that it is back ordered? This has happened to me twice this month. I have no problem waiting for a popular item but each time I was told it may, or it MAY NOT come in. I phoned to complain and I was told that the flyers are made up 6 MONTHS in advance and they have no control over whether the item will be available when the flyer appears. I was told I could drive the hour and a half to Huntsville to purchase what I wanted but they wouldn't ship it into North Bay. I was also told that I couldn't purchase the floor model as they needed it for other customers to see....WHY ADVERTISE SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF SELLING?!!!

Evelyn Goguen: Fed up is not the word,bought new lawnmower ,used once,stopped working.took back and was told we couldn;t get another,would be sent out for repair which could take up to 3 weeks.We will be paying full price for a repaired piece of junk.Will never shop there again.There are too many places that offer good customer service.

CTH8R

Ezzie Schaff has a few things to say:

"And the Canadian tire death watch begins. Can't wait for target to get to Canada. Canadian tire has the worst service and the rudest workers. Thursday at 8:52pm"

"How about you get on site and help train your rude staff. Just left the plaza cote des beige store and had a terrible experience. Can't wait till target gets to Canada and shuts you down.Thursday at 8:55pm"

"Hey listen to the crazy experience I had at the store last night with my kid. A few days back I return a fan which I purchased and was broken out of the box. When i returned it I was told I could only get a store credit. Last night I went to the Canadian Tire store in Plaza Cote Des Nieges and was told that I could only use the credit note for the exact amount. So now I just waited on like for 20 minutes and now I have to go find some crap that I dont need to meet the credit amount. Have you ever heard of something like this before. 17 hours ago"

Yes, Ezzie, we have heard of something like this before. Sadly, we have. Many times!