CTH8R

Lily Flacks Last time I went to Canadian Tire, swore would never set foot in their stores again. Besides the toxic smells , there is the new design wherein you are forced to wander about blocked aisles to find what you are seeking. Feels like a total disregard and disdain. I got so frustrated that I even put back what I had managed to find and left the store. Canadian Tire used to be a comfy type place, easy to shop at, with knowledgeable and willing staff. Now, the staff, if you are lucky, will point you to some far off location and then go back their chit-chats amongst each other.

Jamie Williams I had a terrible experience this past Saturday having to do with the sales. In the flyer it had a picture of a 44 pack of k-cups and said 15.97. It never stated that it was any other package so I assumed it meant the pictured item. I drove 15 minutes to the store, waited 30 mins to be helped and when they came over they told it meant it stated at 15.97 and up for select k-cup packs. The flyer never stated ANY of this. Just a picture of the 44 K-cup pack and the price. This is terrible marketing. Lying about what the deal really is just to get people in the store. I will never shop at. Canadian tire after wasting my time and gas after this shady marketing.

CTH8R

Jean Lapointe Went to Brittania Rd and Mavis Sunday! Worst Customer Service ever! Employees are rude and disrespectful! Will never walk into a Canadian Tire service centre again! They don't deserve my business.

Beverley Caravan Got someone to pick up the Kuerig and pictured k-cups on Black Friday. Never got mail in rebate as advertised and the k-cups pictured were double the price. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. Think I might package it all up and go to Walmart and buy theirs. At least you will get the advertised special

Billy Feeley I hate this store, why would I want to know anything about it, f.u

Eric Lowden Cancdian tire SUCKS!

CTH8R

Daniel Joyce I would like to let all our FB frends in Camrose alberta, Canadian Tire all there managers figure customers do not matter because they are such a big corperation, I am saying this because one of my frends took his car in to be checked out when they found a problem to phone him, well they went ahead and did almost $400.00 work with out consulting him, then he asked for the part back it took 15 mins or so to find it, then he took the part to another shop and found out the part was in perfect working condition, but they were not going to give his keys back if the bill was not paid, then three managers of the store ganged up and said he had told them to do the work, not, then he told them they would hear back from him, that is when they said to him "he was nobody and they were such a big corperation he was just one unimportant person

Jean Lapointe You see! All Canadian Tire wants is your money... Mr Ennis got their interest as there is some money still available to grab!All the other unsatisfied customers, they simply disregard! I Hope people will start seeing this trend and STOP SHOPPING AT YOUR STORE and drive you bankrupt.

Tigerlily Paton CT could actually do a much better job at trainig their employees to not drive away business, by being rude and offering nocustomer service when asked fothe st james store in winnipeg m has got the most clueless by choice csr in the world and they will point blank tell you to go away and then ingnore you.

CTH8R

Another guy who lost the game where you try to use psychic powers, to guess whether or not a 'repair only' item is defective BEFORE you open it:

Richard Miller dont buy mastercraft air tools if they dont work they wont return your item I bought new nail gun didnt work wouldnt return the item wanted to send it to repair depot it was bran-new I never purchased a repaired tool they wouldnt give me a new one or reufund left the junk with them and they never resolved it did all my xmas shopping with them for last 15 years and they lost me over a 160 dollar framing nailer that didnt work new out of box paid for it on my can tire mastercard they wouldnt help me either cancaled my canadian tire card over it you should too !!!!

Richard Miller PS canadian tire Langley sucks !!!!!

Richard Miller dont buy rip off mastercraft products canadian tire wont take care of you when there is a problem !!!

CTH8R

More from Richard:

Richard Miller customer service has all my info they did nothing for me nor did canadian tire mastercard services its all in your ball park now I dont want the stuff back bad tast in my mouth for it now and I went and purchased one that works at home dopot they have a good return policy if a new item doesent work they give you a new one they dont send your new defective goods for repair and leave you hangin out to dry.thats why I cancelled my card !!!!!!

CTH8R

More on Richard's tale of woe:

Ivan Granic Agree with you Richard, customer service both in the store and corporate don't care. I had issues as well that no body sseemed to want to resovle. I am no longer a Canadian Tire customer and hope others realize there are better places to shop with better customer service.

CTH8R

I see a poster from Crappy Tire's own web site found this page:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...-400-main-st-s-alexandria-store.html#post7660

Here's more from FB:

Lynne Grimm medicine hat store has a do not care attitude with the manager and employees. i have had this happen many times i guess they think they have the monopoly as the only store very poor customer service at this store

Vic Neufeld Sounds like the Airdrie store. Build a huge New building but does not bring in items in the sale flyer. Excuse does not have enough room.

David Theoret ... not 5$ but the principle..

Nicole Hopkins I agree David, our store has the worst service (or maybe just canadian tire rules in general!) I now have a $1000 elliptical that does not work from the moment of purchase, of course canadian tire can not deal with this issue! Also a bike that leaves my husband stranded when the pedal falls off (we have been given a new pedal) but can not exchange or recieve a refund :( .I will never purchase a big ticket item again!

Nicole Hopkins Canadian tire needs to find someway to deal with items that do not work and they should take credit for what they sell.but hey I don't mind being out $1000 for something that doesn't work, and have lots of time in my day to call the company and then arrange for them to come fix it(probably during work hours) because I wouldn't want customer service who are getting paid to work to have to look into it for me.

wantyounow

Jamie Williams I had a terrible experience this past Saturday having to do with the sales. In the flyer it had a picture of a 44 pack of k-cups and said 15.97. It never stated that it was any other package so I assumed it meant the pictured item. I drove 15 minutes to the store, waited 30 mins to be helped and when they came over they told it meant it stated at 15.97 and up for select k-cup packs. The flyer never stated ANY of this. Just a picture of the 44 K-cup pack and the price. This is terrible marketing. Lying about what the deal really is just to get people in the store. I will never shop at. Canadian tire after wasting my time and gas after this shady marketing.

This wasn't shady marketing or lying. It was a mistake that was made with the flyer. The wrong image was used. A flyer correction was posted, but this came out late due to the hectic week. Many stores ended up selling the 44 packs at the advertised price ($15.97) anyway. It's too bad each store is individually operated, as consistency would be nice when issues like this arise.

CT Challenger

This wasn't shady marketing or lying. It was a mistake that was made with the flyer. The wrong image was used. A flyer correction was posted, but this came out late due to the hectic week. Many stores ended up selling the 44 packs at the advertised price ($15.97) anyway. It's too bad each store is individually operated, as consistency would be nice when issues like this arise.

Obviously there's no official definition of "shady marketing". But indeed there's "bait and switch", which I hope the Competition Bureau will persue.

Agreed that the CB allows posting corrections in-store. But it would have to be every one of the 480 stores. Are you absoutely certain that happened in every single one of them? No, I thought not. So, there's every reason to believe what Jamie wrote.

Besides, bait-and-switch is one of the many recurring complaints, even on the CT FB page. So clearly the stores aren't willing to address this is any meaningful way - it would eat into their ill-gotten profits too much.

And consistency isn't just "nice" - it's the law, when it comes to false advertising.

Try to learn at least a bit about the law before posting nonsense like this.

Thank you!

CTH8R

I'm sure this is all just another 'grossly exaggerated' claim, LOL!

Rayna Lerner NEVER take your car to Canadian Tire. I was trying to get ready for winter while replacing my tires when they ransacked my car and stole my iPod. They will steal your stuff too!!! #canadiantirethieves

CT Challenger

More 'exaggerations' by an ordinary consumer whom Crappy will surely say has simply got too much time on their hands:

Kyle Graham Your automotive department is a bunch of theiving sheisters. I am livid with the service i got and i got completely gauged. Store in south end Greater Sudbury. I will never be using your services again.

CT Challenger

Gee could there be any merit at all in this complaint? I bet The Moaner will say it was all the customer's fault:

Padric O'Fish Don't your people get any training at all? I asked for a 21mm socket (for a 1/2" drive/ratchet). Bafflement and daisy-chain handoffs ensued. After hitting two CT's in Hamilton ON, and talking to at least 7 different people, i still don't know if the reason you have no 21mm sockets is because they're so common (they are- Toyota, the most common cars on the road, commonly use them) or, if, for some reason, you just don't carry them. None of your people thought to suggest a 13/16" inch socket either.

CT Challenger

Is this another 'exaggeration'? Or a genuine complaint passed on for our benefit by our generous fellow consumer?

Andrew Lachance Unfortunately the worst service I have ever had has been at Canadian tire. It's funny how I have been able to not shop there and they are literally the closest retail outlet to my house (literally). The day I received this terrible service I vowed I would never go back to them, and tell my story to anyone that would listen. Unfortunately Canadian tire at the time was my favorite store and I was spending a couple thousand dollars a year there. As the house I just bought was my first house and it needed a little work to fix up. In not going to get into the actual story here as it would take to long but let's just say my tire is now flat.

CT Challenger

More 'exaggeration'?

Paddy Mcswiggin they dont know what customer service is and in carbonear nf. is a prime example of it. Its a shame when the morale of the people is so low that it reflects on service. they need to look more closely into this store and its customer service, no didrespect ,just saying

CTH8R

Another miss .... for Crappy People like Moaner1 to dismiss:

Michele MacLeod: Warning....lone females NEVER take your car to CT for repair they assume that we are all idiots and try to soak you for more than you need....I needed a simple strap for my gas tank and they said they needed to replace the whole tank! My father took it and it cost him under $20 to get it fixed....rip offs they are.

Last edited:

CTH8R

More of the so-called "usually grossly exaggerated" warnings from our fellow consumers:

Bobby Oliveira: Yeah nice advertising idea but it fails to mention the quality of their product! What it fails to tell you is that your gonna have to make several trips back because the lights won't work cuz one will be burn out, the tires will be under inflated by their quality mechanics and you'll have a blow out, their "bag of sand or salt" will have cheap plastic holding it together so you have to spend hours cleaning up the mess, the frosty fluid is rated for -10 and it will freeze on the first cold day, and finnaly their "emergency roadside kit" will only have a box of matches, a candel, a cheap flashlight, and a wet nap size blanket to keep you warm! So with all this in mind and the safety of yourself and you family please do yourself a favor and visit NAPA AUTO PARTS where qualified people will help you through the winter SAFELY…

CTH8R

Interesting exchange. Barb tried to defend the Crappy stores ... see how that worked out, LOL:

Susan Wyatt: Hate it when customer service thinks its there money and its coming out of there pocket, Canadian Tire is the worst company to deal with. Like if you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb Blair: hey boys...till you work in retail or work in customer service you shouldnt be complaining.....but i guess its a MAN THING.....

Edward James: Bettin @Barb; I work in Customer Service, I am a man and I think Canadian Tire had one of the WORST customer service.

CTH8R

A good summary of CT's attitude towards their customers:

Liz Papp- Frieser Hmmm. Home hardware from now on. At least there's no service department to "flip me the bird" as they cut me off pulling out if a service bay. I honked at him. I had the right of way and he gave me the finger. I'll go to Canadian tire ... When hell freezes over. (Not even if they sold beer!!!)

CTH8R

'Nother:

Owen Hargreaves Worst service ever, chewing gum at cash talking on phone last 3 times I went to the trinity commons store!!! P,us the store a mess...really disappointing
Customer service for my return I was at the counter for over 5 minutes as the employee made plans for the movies layer that night. Then rolled her eyes when I asked if she was ready to serve me !!!
Can't wait for Target to open!

CTH8R

Debbie took time out of her busy day to warn her fellow consumers about a store with poor service, and maybe even to give Crappy a shot at sorting things out:

Debbie Klaffke: ctc never has the,stuff they put in the paper and most of the staff is lazy and they don't know anything but that is how and why they hire them

In response, did Crappy even try to fix anything? Of course not! Instead, a corporate shill named Krystal attempted to dodge, deflect, blame, and even insult poor Debbie! But Deb is sure a tough and courageous one!

Debbie Klaffke: the ctc that is in my area employs lazy people the woman did not want to get off her ass and help but it was her dept

Congratulations, Debbie, for standing up for Canadian consumers!

Shame on you, "Krystal"! I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this!

Last edited: