CTH8R

On so-called "Public Figure" Debbie Travis(ty):

Sheila Newell: Having watched the number of blunders on her T.V. Show, I have no faith in her organizing abilities...

Last edited:

CTH8R

I admire Tesie's willingness to share his story, for the benefit of others!

Tesie Caretero: Sorry but i don 't like Canadian Tire after they did on my ...i asked them to fix but they more damaged...so i end up fixing my car somewhere...so think about ....never shop or ask them to repair ur car.....

CTH8R

Another:

Michelle Tessier Olsen The customer service level at the Spruce Grove store is pathetic. Trying to buy something with price match and you would think that in this day and age you wouldn't need to have a 'print out' or a hard copy of pricing of an item. You would think that an electronic version of the item is on a smartphone or tablet and it is in stock that this would suffice. But...obviously not. I know it is fine in other stores...ie WALMART, Futureshop. When a print out was given (actually one was given, but the color of the item was not the same in store as the item on the print out. So the item was then found in stock and advertised lower at a competitors store on a smartphone, the customer service person said a print out needed so a suggestion was made to email to the store and then they would have a print off. But this was not acceptable and was told that the people upstairs needed to have a hard copy of the ad in order to price match. GRR! I could go on and on about this store, but I figure that maybe not shopping there will be more effective.

CTH8R

Wendy Heckbert Good advice, good sale prices just never ever take your vehicle for anything because they will mess it up or soak you for something else they say they have to fix befor they can fix your original problem. That is after they tear it all apart and can't put it back together until it is fixed their way. Your bill is always 2 or 3 times their original quote. I know from personal experience and I only wanted 2 new tires put on.

CTH8R

'Nother. "Grossly exaggerated", no doubt, to the CT'ers out there!

Lorraine Moores I haven't shopped at C.T. since I had a bad experience with aan expensive appliance and it was a real hassle to return it and get my money back. Their return policy stinks! I suggest if you are going to buy an expensive appliance then you better check their return policy. Just wanted to let you know this.

CTH8R

Interesting money-saving tip when it comes to automotive service at Crappy Tire (assuming you are willing to risk it):

Joseph Burke A full second opinion! Every time, don't forget, if it is a tech and not a class A mechanic they cannot charge you the book rate, they must use the aprentise rate for the small jobs like tire repair, oil change, and filter change.

CTH8R

More to CT's "tips":

Jason McFadden Know why this is Tip#12? Bc Canadian Tire has Tips #1 - 11 geared towards f**king you sideways with all of their "brilliant" marketing strategies! True story...I had to travel to my local Canadian Tire four times this summer, just to finally get a spare key made for the front door of my house! Another satisfied customer lol. How's that for viral marketing?

Plus, a funny one!

Adam Jones These bastards have removed many "anti spam" posts. You will not certainly NOT get my patronage this holiday season.

CTH8R

When a 2-year warranty is really only a 1-year warranty:

Rhonda Parsons-Williams Canadian tire does not honor their warranty. I purchased an inverter with a 2 year warranty written right on the box, when I try to return the inverter I was told thats the warranty is only for 1 year (BUT CANADIAN TIRE DIDN'T SAY THAT ON THE BOX)after the first year you have to send it to the manufacturer, who wants me to send the inverter to the United States to be fix, it will cost me more to send it to the US then the inverter is worth. So when you buy canadian tire product ASK THE CASHIER OR CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOUT THE WARRANTY. PLEASE DON'T TRUST WHAT IT SAYS ON THE PACKAGING. If you have to buy something from canadian tire check to make sure that you can buy it elsewhere make canadian tire your LAST OPTION.

CTH8R

Funny!

Vatche Proudian CT, love your sales. 50% off this week making you about 20% more expensive than anyone else. Customer service is about 10% of what others offer. Happy Holidays, got to go shopping, just past CT.

CTH8R

Melody Malaviarachchi Haven't gone to a Canadian Tire since my experience years ago where I stood in the automotive section waiting for half an hour for a sales person to find the sales person responsible for the automotive section. After telling him what kind of car I drive, he gave me the wrong part and I had to return it after purchasing it and trying to install it. Big waste of my time. Don't advertise on my FB page.

CTH8R

Love this:

Amy Kathleen Sanders I used to shop there but the return policy is so miserable, I do not bother any longer! Canadian Tire, get with the times! Get a reasonable return policy! Improve your service!

Not specific, but I love it, too!

Dennis Walker Canadian tire dose not stand by their products. They are a garbage company

Crude .... but effective!

Craig Hull Canadian Tire sucks farts out of dead pigs asses need i go on!

CTH8R

Robert Felix Lamoureux I recently made the mistake to shop at your Canadian Tire store on Regent in Winnipeg Manitoba. I spent 120.00 on curling supplies, however when I reached the till, after waiting in line for ten minutes, I was forced to wait another 15 minutes while noone in the store would get a product code. I asked for a simple discount for waiting and the manager of the store refused to even consider it. I will be letting my friends and family know and I can assure you that they and I will not shop at your stores. You are going to loos thousands of dollars in future sales. I cannot believe that you would ever treat a customer like that.

CTH8R

Wow! Some people REALLY hate CT!

Rick Yankoski Can tire sucks. Never had good service there,all private run by greedy owners ,they don't deserve coal for. Christmas

Lisa Hill How sad.....i have to unlike my favorite store after the service dept in my area tried to take advantage of me ($$$$$$) when my sons 2004 car broke down. Guess others were right.....very disappointing.

Jay Royston I cannot stress enough how awful the automotive departments are at Canadian tire. 3 different stores, all overcharging for minor repairs. Everytime I see this ad in my newsfeed I vomit in my mouth a little and remind myself that actually feels better than thinking about entering any Canadian tire

Kimberly Slipchuk I bought a white tree a couple years ago, its turning yellow and the store I bought it at said they wouldn't do anything about it. Thanks... I heard you guys had the worst costumer service but today I got to see it in action. Servery disappointed!!!

CTH8R

I've generally focused on in-store issues, but lately there have been a lot of complaints on their Facebook about Crappy's marketing decision to start spamming innocent users. Here are two such complaints, within just the last few minutes!

Greg Brown @ Canadian Tire ...Rather than advise us how to ''hide'' your advertising, how about Canadian Tire not advertise with a Company that doesn't respect peoples Privacy ...Your recomendation was a cop out ...won't be giving your Company anymore of my business, if your Ads appear on my page again .

Allan Lussier I have "hidden" Canadian Tire and many other advertisers but they keep coming back. I may have to unfriend people who post advertising because Facebook's "hide" option doen't work and I hate having to scroll through all the crap to get to the stuff I got on Facebook for.

This is in addition to a deluge of messages like this one:

Stuart Moline Why is this crap on my Facebook

By the way, in lieu of actually stopping their spamming, he's what Crappy wants you to,do, to fix the problem they gap have decided to cause, and refuse to address:

Canadian Tire Hi: If you’d like to stop them from appearing, you can use the 'hide' feature available on the top right corner of one of our posts in your newsfeed. From there you have the additional option to 'hide all stories from Canadian Tire' or 'unlike Canadian Tire page.

Last edited:

CTH8R

One man's fight against CT Spam:

Greg Brown Heeeey Canadian Tire Moderator...is there any paticular Reason that you keep removing my Posts ?? Is it because I say I don't like your Privacy Violating, unsolicited , and unwanted Way of Advertising ??...Is this freedom of Speech ??...I haven't Violated any Privacy rules (I checked )....and don't forget ...you guy's came to ''MY '' Wall un -invited, and you have the Gall to remove my posts ...how about you removeing your Ad from '' MY '' Space ...look forward to your response ....thankyou...:)

Canadian Tire Hi Greg Brown, sorry to hear you feel our posts are intrusive. If you’d like to stop them from appearing, you can use the 'hide' feature available on the top right corner of one of our posts in your newsfeed. From there you have the additional option to 'hide all stories from Canadian Tire' or 'unlike Canadian Tire page.

Greg Brown Geeeez...Not only has Canadian Tire Violated my Right to Privacy by Posting their unsolicited, and unwanted Advertising on my Facebook Page ( I didn't...'' Like ''...your Page )....Now...every time they respond to a comment, it comes up on my Notification Alert....It's just not right forceing me to endure this Harrassment ..Booooo to you ...!

Robert Fuoco Grow up Greg

Greg Brown Chris ...Sorry Buddy...But It's Canadian Tire that ''Chose '' to Post their stuff on my wall...sooooo I can comment as I please ..as long as I don't Violate the Posting GuideLines...ummm...like you did ... you know ??...The ''F '' word...was their Choice ..not mine ...

Greg Brown Hi Canadian Tire ...Thankyou for Your Response , but your remedy is Unacceptable...I have not, ''Liked '' your page ..Your unwanted Advertising has mysteriously appeared on My Private Facebook page...No other Company has graced my page with this !!...Your Company chose to come into my Space, and now I have to ''Endure'' these Unwanted, and Un-Invited Comments and Notification Alerts, so now you can put up with my Comments ...Works both ways ...Don't It ??...Unless of Course ''YOU '' Choose to remove your Ads from my Page ! ...You Choose !...Thankyou for taking the Time to respond ...Merry Christmas ...:)

Richard Baldwin Please report unsolicited spam as abuse to facebook

Richard Baldwin I also did not "like" this page and yet... there it is.

Greg Brown Richard..Maybe Canadian Tire should re-think who they Pay to do their Advertising, if people are getting turned off..Most people don't like things forced on them :)....

Tracy Vinet im sure they paid facebook for the advertising, its facebooks new way of creating revenue

Greg Brown Pat ..It's hard to stop the Unsolicited , unwanted Privacy Violating Advertisments...but it's easy to stop giving them our Business...Just by word of mouth alone ,in the last 24hrs I know of 9 Individuals that have said they will discontinue shopping at CT, Because of this unsavory practice ...want to make it 10 ??...If 10 people that stop shopping would have spent a $100.00 that works out to $ 1000.00...it's a start ...:)

Katie Justason-macdonald Wow, I can see there are a couple of you who need to get the Christmas spirit. And if you don't like the "spam", get off of fb then. This was a great commerical.

Greg Brown Sorry Katie ...But Canadian Tire put their Ads on my wall (only one other Company has done this )...They came to my site uninvited ...Sooooo....I guess people are just going to have to put up with my Comments ..after all If they wouldn't have came to me ..You wouldn't be reading this ...would you ??

Jim Barclay I'm not happy with any company trying to jam their product(s) down my throat on Facebook. I get enough of that on TV. I am also a mechanic and I never recommend Canadian Tire to anyone to have their vehicle serviced.

Katie Justason-macdonald Apparently little things like this get you upset Greg...how sad and pathetic

Greg Brown No Katie..sorry but your wrong ...this is not a little thing ...CT,has made the Choice to Violate my right to choose who I want on my ''Private '' Facebook Page...and since they are on it...then I have a Right to post Comments as I see fit....(as long as I don't Violate Posting guidelines )...they came to me..I didn't come to them ...Their Choice ...not mine ...:)

Liza Dawber again, get off my page!

Cathy Cee At Greg...why did you "like" the page then?....that's what happens when you "like" a page from a company.

Greg Brown Cathy Lee...I 100 % Agree with you ...But I ''Did Not Like '' their page, and did not '' like '' it from any of my of my friends ...This Advertising just appeared on my Private Wall...Unsolicited, unwanted Advertising....Forced Advertising ...No other Company has done it !!...

Last edited:

CTH8R

Also from Tracy:

i too will not shop at canadian tire anymore due to there return polices and pricing, last year they had a coffee maker for 39 dollars, the next week they had the same one for 99 dollars with 30 percent off, lol.. they do this all the time, its crazy im sure alot of stores do this but it just seems that canadian tire just stands out more then the rest, also i hate going in there only to have people walking arouind not knowing anything about the products they are selling, drives me crazy

CTH8R

Paula Gow Ya...I am seeing all thse posts too and I did NOT like their page! Somehow they have my info though...a contest or something perhaps? At the top of this post it says "Canadian Tire . Suggested Post" and then over a little bit in a little box it says, "Like Page" so I know I didn't like their page! This has to be a privacy violation!!!

Paula Gow You can HIDE this one post but you can't unlike the page so you don't see future posts b/c I never liked the page in the 1st place!

Jon Aston Please stop spamming my newsfeed with your poorly targeted advertising. Thanks.

Greg Brown Good Luck John...all they'll tell you is, that you can hide their post if we don't like it ... and that B.S...We didn't ask for this unwanted, unsolicited Advertising on our Private Wall...Very Poor Business Practices .....

CTH8R

Carolyn Ingram Please know that the Candian Tire on Hyde park road in London has the worst customer service in the city.

Trevor Cameron For my part. Every time I go into a store I rip those ridiculous 'Great Value' stickers off and throw them on the floor. They are such a blatantly obvious attempt to mislead customers. Even including an expiry date' on a non-sale priced item. This is direct evidence of CT's deceptive business practices.

Mike Sokoloski Canadian Tire is the LAST place I would shop! Once you buy it and walk out the door its Soooo long and forget about bringing it back if it's faulty! Just look at the ratings on your phone under places and see for yourself!

Grace Littler Never ever will I shop at CT! Costs you, and if you lookie see around, you'll find it cheaper somewhere else........sides who's got the time to sit in the kitchen HAHAHA

Hasan Master The customer service is really bad, had a bad experience today. Prefer to buy from Home Depot rather than CT

Ulla Grant Waited 25 minutes for them to find 4 cases of mason jars only to be given 1 and the best the manager on duty says is I'm sorry. Great customer service.

CTH8R

Crappy Cards:

Grace Littler If it's too good to be true, it probably is.....never ever trust mastercard.

Grace Littler oh, I forgot to mention not to trust CT too much either, one day I had a Canadian Tire card, the next thing I knew I was with mastercard options........didn't sign anything, didn't want it........tried to get away from mastercard options was told I didn't have an option......whoohoo, don't trust either of these......they both present what too good to be true.

Richard Provost They give you 5% back but they marked everything up 5% first, so they still charging full rip but they want you to take that 5% and put it back in to the store. You think CT will lose $$$ to save you money, fat chance. They only care about the mighty dollar, not the consumer.

Peter Brown Canadian Tire slowly jacked up our interest rates with only the bare legal minimum sized font on a tiny line on page two of a one-page bill. I was at 9.9, then 19.9. The higher a balance you carry, the higher they'll sneak up your interest rate because you're stuck. The answer is do whatever it takes to ditch Canadian Tire Mastercard at the first sign of interest creep. If they start to raise your interest rate, refinance your home if needed, change cards to a lower interest card if you can...just get the hell out of there.

Last edited:

CTH8R

The outcry continues, on fb spam:

Charles Barton I was looking at tree's in your store when this add came in.
I hate the way you have invited your way on to my page!
I think I'll go buy a real tree and support an organization other than your store.
This add just cost you $229.00

Terry Flahiff Every time someone likes one of your promotions, my Facebook newsfeed gets spammed - how do I stop this? - it is becoming VERY annoying!

Terry Flahiff funny thing is, they temporarily blocked me from posting on this site for "spamming it"

Greg Brown @ Terry...But they can disrupt my News Feed with their Unwanted Advertising...Big Corporation, force feeding us poor Normal folk....If they thought about their Customers, they wouldn't be doing this...

Danny Schroeder So many haters, if you guys don't like it, then why the hell are you following their page, never the less even commenting on it? Like SHUT UP, No one cares about your opinion if you're just gonna talk crap... Lol.

Greg Brown Hey Danny and Danny ... ...WE Don't have a choice ...These ads are forced upon us...none of us have even liked the page ...unsolicited, unwanted advertising...Soooo being that Canadian Tire has Chosen to Invade my Personal Space...I'll comment on this site as often as I keep getting notifications ...Ihave to put up with their B.S.....They and you ...can put up with mine ....deal with it ....

Liza Dawber How do i block these ads?

Liza Dawber At least 50% of these posts are from people you are pissing off CT! your sales pitch is bombing.

Last edited: