CTH8R

Gerry Madore Don't buy anything from the Scott road store in delta the service is the worst at any store in canada. So much for being the Canadian source for hockey when your staff doesn't even help you or know how to help you size a freaking hockey helmet!! Disgusting service

CTH8R

CT sucks at auto repairs:

Peggy Crandlemire Hmm...strong customer service? Does this sound like strong customer service?! The Canadian Tire store in Vernon, BC, refused to honor a warranty!! Recently, we had to replace the serpentine belt in our van. They gave us a choice of two different belts, the more expensive one (approx $60), had a longer warranty, of approx. two years. So we purchased that one. Now, less than three months later, that belt has fallen apart, the cloth backing peeling away, etc.
So, we took it to Canadian Tire, along with the receipt, to replace it under the warranty. Canadian Tire refused to honor it. Instead, they blamed us, saying it was something wrong with our van. We told them there is nothing wrong with the van. If there were, we wouldn't have been able to do the amount of driving we do, with kids, etc. They still refused to honor it. Then to add insult to injury, as we were leaving the store, the people behind the counter (parts dept.), were trash talking us!!! Needless to say, we are very disappointed, upset!! In the end, Canadian Tire has lost an entire family of customers!

Last edited:

CTH8R

General Hatred and Miscellaneous Warnings:

LeeAnn Cofer I have the kitchen aid mixer but bought it at Costco for $150 less than Can Tires best sale price

Anita Simonetti Boycotted Canadian tire stores

Carmen Archambault Canadian Tire can kiss my ASS..

Last edited:

CTH8R

Good summary:

Trevor Condie Everything sucks at canadian tire its a mix between walmart and buck store crap.....but with a little higher prices.

CTH8R

Chris Rickert Rip-off artist with no explanations but a smirk, a smile and a "you don't fu@&en scare me, I'm not worried". Sounds like something you would hear from a salesperson maybe but not the manager of the Kanata, Ont store. Piss on you Canadian tire until I get an apology from that same manager or you fire his ass....

Darryl Minsky Cdn Tire SUX

CT Challenger

I doubt Sarah has ready the Tempo Treadmill thread. Good luck with that, Sarah!

Sarah Vail It surely wasn't the treadmill i got that was purchased in your SS NB store.. Waited 6 weeks now for it to be repaired because it has never worked from the start. Your repair crew isn't reliable that's for sure...... Now i am takinig it back for refund.

CT Challenger

More on the out-cry:

Greg Brown Canadian Tire ...How dare you give a feeble apology claiming to be sorry for Spamming our Sites ??...If your truly Sorry...''You !! "" Remove your unsolicited Advertising from our Pages ...why should ''we '' have to ??...You guy's created the Problem ...you fix it !!....and As long as I am within the Posting Guidelines, your going to see alot of my Critical Comments ..

Greg Brown Hi Canadian Tire ...I never have '' Liked '' Your page, and you have chosen to place your'' unwanted,and unsolicited ads '' on my Facebook page...so that being said ..Canadian Tire can remove Their Ads from my Page ...until then, you will have to put up with my disruptive , negative Comments ...''Keeping, within the Posting Guidelines of Course ''....Looking forward to a mutual Solution to this Dilemma...Ta,Ta, for now ;)

Melody Malaviarachchi Despite hiding you on my PC, I'm still forced to look at your ads on my iPad. Please stop advertising in this way.

CTH8R

Stories:

Shawnna Marie Hoyt-Janes I AGREE HA DI! ! I have never been satisified with a product the first time due to inaccurate advertising and staff knowledge, I have been shorted items and then been called a thief in as many words, and I have been sold items that were clearly used (such as a steam cleaner with water still in it) and more insultingly I was charged full price for said used item. Canadian Tire could be the last store on the face of the earth and I still wouldnt shop there.

Marlene Ranalli maybe you are right but they are incompitant at some things.... had an oil change done on my jeep 5w20 they put in 5w30. did not notice until this morning... then they say my bushings need replaced and they were just replaced less then 2 months ago........ lol trust them.... not any more

CTH8R

Terry Flahiff Every time someone likes one of your promotions, my Facebook newsfeed gets spammed - how do I stop this? - it is becoming VERY annoying!

Greg Brown Terry ...here is the Contact number to the Better Business Bureau....1-888-803-1222...

(Gee I hope the BBB can help; I hear the London branch posts copies of out-dated legislation ...)

CTH8R

A sample from just 1 thread, in just the last 24 hours:

<EDIT> removed by request of original facebook poster <EDIT>

Eric Lowden Canadian tire sucks

Ray Lokun Is any of that crap made in Canada? Let me guess - total cost to be made $2.00. Cost to buyers $40.00 but that's on sale!

Sandi Huband Oh and yes,,, just a bit compulsive obsessive today with the posts... STOP THE SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi Huband I wouldn't put that crap on my dogs mat,,,, are these comments going to effect my job interview tomorrow?

Greg Brown Agree Sandy, and every time someone likes something , I get notified...Rediculous ...

Diane Lapierre How do I get rid of these annoying adds

Sheila Newell Please please somebody tell me how to stop these ads.!!!!!!!!

CTH8R

A sample of people's responses to being Spammed:

Susan Spratt Please don't post on my Facebook.

Greg Brown Oh my Goodness...It appears that some very important posts have accidently been removed by Canadian Tire , ones from at least 4 dis-satisfied Customers ..so here is the Better Business Bureau's number again ...for those who need it ....1-888-803-1222...

Greg Brown @ Justin Wheeler...I never did '' Like '' The page in the First Place ...Canadian Tire has taken it upon themselves to place Unwanted and unsolicited Advertising on my Page..So your Suggestion is Moot...thanks anyway ...

Lori Baechler Keep that shit to yourself we get flyers and use them for our fires

CTH8R

Battery troubles:

Theresa Pastl We are not going here any more . They would not replace a 2 year old battery that has a 10 year warranty and the year was written right on the top. We couldn t find the receipt. So hang on to the receipt for 10 years. Who does that anyway!!

CTH8R

Curt Hungerford BUYER BEWARE-Cobourg store. Do not buy your 12v batteries there. Just got a new one, DEAD.

CT Challenger

Crappy Tire install:

Grant Kruk My wish is the Mech would use a torque ratchet so my tire lug nuts wont break off while driving!!! OPPS... TO LATE!!!

Grant Kruk I am very upset and really don't want to voice it on you page any worse than this.. but goto my FB page and look at the photos I just posted

Plus this:

Buck Jack Campbell F>U>C>K> CTC

CT Challenger

This lady doesn't hate the sales at Crappy Tire .... or does she?

Julia Muncaster I'm returning my fan I bought yesterday and I'll re buy it again today :) I do it all the time when they do this!

CT Challenger

Angie Ecker Auto center like to rip their customers .... Experienced it and will never take my car their for service!!!!

Alecia Fragomeni Davis I was lied to by a Canadian Tire employee!!! Few months back I was told they were doing away with Canadian Tire money and introducing a loyalty card to replace it. I specifically asked if it was a credit card and was told absolutely not!!! If it was I wasn't interested. I gave him my info assuming he was being truthful and lo and behold a few weeks later I received a Canadian Tire Master Card in the mail!!! I literally saw red. I will never step foot into another store again!!!

Jen BFit Alecia the exact same thing happened to me and when I talked to the store owners about it they told me that they were unaware she was saying that ... funny if it was happening in more locations that story seems unlikely!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

I never get tired (get it?) of people sharing this view:

No Rm: The largest Canadian Tire Store in Western Canada is in Prince George. The problem is that they have good prices but try and find any floor staff. Our Zellers store is going to be Target so our local big box retailers are in for a wake up call.

CTH8R

Poor Linda - she might be stuck with a Crappy Tree!

Linda Green Omg,Canadian Tire... I bought your self shaping tree,it is THE WORST tree I have ever had. self shaping my bum.My arms are tore to shredds trying to straighten it out. :-( plastic limbs !! why? I paid alot of money for my tree also.Iam greatly dissapointed Canadian Tire!!! shame on you.

CTH8R

Phillip Blancher How about backing up your products. I bought a Garrison 2000W convection header in January 2012. Had to pay an electrician to wire it. Used it from January until we turned the heat off in April. Turned it on in November. Doesn't work. Have to hit the side of the heater to get it to work. Works 10 minutes then turns off. Was told by the clerk at the store that because I don't have my receipt, they don't know when I "really" bought it so the warranty cannot be honoured. I paid an electrician to come back in, to look at it, to make sure there was no wiring issue, no issue. I had him remove it for now so that it could be exchanged or replaced. Now I am stuck with a heater that doesn't work. When is Canadian Tire going to start honouring warranties?

CTH8R

Leandro Don Phederrico i think canadian tire is not respecting the garantie on batteries,there are many stories happening ,recent one from laval store on robert bourassa,8 month battery had to call towing 4 x,and they will not change or reimborse,they have installed a wrong size battery ,but will not admit,so i wish u close ur door let the americans come in and respect ,like costco 100% reimbosement 12 months,u get lost