CTH8R

LOL!

Jason L.:
How is it, that no one in your entire org has realized that for AT LEAST the last 2 months, canadiantire.ca hasnt shown prices for items or let you add more than one item to the cart? I wonder how much money your company has lost? Come on maaan!

CTH8R

Sorin L:
After spending $600 on car tires I've been treated like a thief. The manager of the car shop at Le Corbusier, Laval, Qc location, remotely locked the exit door in front of me. Then, he approached me and asked to inspect my shopping bag. Which shopping bag contained a pair of flip flops and a bag of chips paid for inside the store. I did those shoppings as I was waiting for the said tires to be installed on my car.
He let me go with no excuse or no explanation. Literally, I was treated like a thief!! Great dad's day gift Canadian Tire!
Guess what? I won't step foot in your stores again.

CTH8R

Ange K.:

Can't go over how bad the Charlottetown, PE store is... 45 minutes to get a price for a part.. That was after being transferred a few times, hung up on a few times, then finally the phone was picked up and placed on the counter for another 15 minutes... Customer service is supposed to be number 1 and you guys sure aren't doing it lately.. Worth the hour drive to go to sside..

CTH8R

Joshua K. complained about unwanted auto service. Pretty sue he doesn't have to pay if he didn't agreed to the work,

My customer service experience over the weekend at your Dieppe, NB location was absolutely horrible. Saturday, I went to the Canadian Tire location hoping to get a serpentine belt for my old car and fix it. During my first stop there, I was treated like I was inconveniencing the employee at your parts and servicing area. His answers consisted of, ''I don't know'' or ''I guess so''. What really made me raise my eyebrows was when the young employee was clearly having issues and your supervisors walked by after analyzing and not helping him, which would've sped things up for me. I ended up not being able to fix the alternator, which led me to call a tow truck to have it towed to Canadian Tire to have it repaired and inspected. I told whoever I spoke to the evening of having it towed over to not do anything before I had some prices. He agreed and just told me call back in the morning or he'd contact me. I called in the morning to let an employee know that I wouldn't be using their services, that I'd come to pay for the towing as I was getting it towed to another location to have it serviced/inspected. I asked to make sure with this employee that nothing was done on the car. He said that I'd only have to pay them for the towing. Oh, but I got there and to my surprise, someone was doing an inspection that I had to pay for. Sure, it was only 25$, but the snarly response I got from the front desk rep. this morning when I said that I spoke to someone (pretty sure it was him) and told them not to touch it anymore, so it was a surprise to me so see this being done and me having to pay for it. All in all, I'll never be using your services again and I'm going to make sure that I can steer others away from doing business with the servicing department at all costs. Hello, social media.

CTH8R

Gerry W.:

So much for the Big Red Weekend Flyer sale , wanted to buy $ 34.99 Shop Vac , they didn't come in , and was told I couldn't get a rain check. Real CLASS Canadian Tire.

Anthony C.:

Canadian tire return policy on their tools is a joke. I had a sawzall that I bought about a year ago it broke. I took it into the store a month ago and got it exchanged without a receipt. The new one I got was broken and did not work right out of the box. They had no more at that store I was then told to take the broken one they had just given to me to another store for an exchange. I waited till today checked they had more at the store. I went back to the store in Sherwood Park and was told no receipt no replacement. So I told the manager you telling me so I have it straight. I bought this a year ago that to my understanding had a replacement warranty on it. It was replaced with from this store with one off your shelves that was broken and now you say no receipt no exchange correct. I was told yes. All in all this is now four times I had to go to this store for a power tool that I don't have. I think if your buying things you might want to see how their customer service is before you buy. The store in Sherwood park has a lot to learn about how to treat customers. Maybe that's why they are under new management. YOU HAVE A LONG WAYS TO GO!!!!!!

CTH8R

Very sad story:

Sharon G.:

What can I say? Canadian Tire Nanaimo is a big joke and a let down to your name as a business as a whole.
So this mess all started July 4th. My husband Gary Grewal was out with our Son in Nanaimo running errands and decided to get an oil change done at your Nanaimo store....Fine. We got it done. We live in Parksville so he brings the car home that night fine...(Pretty much right after they got it done) Sunday the car was running OK, (my husbands a truck driver by trade so I go drop him off to Ladysmith every Sunday's). Monday I then take it to work....I work in Nanoose, I was at work late that day & got off at about 12.15 am at night, driving down a dark country road (North West Bay Rd) the car starts stalling on me making very strange noises....All the while I'm praying to God that it will get me home as I live 20 minutes away and have no one here to call....The car was BAD, the engine was screeching (and the engine light came on) I was terrified....Luckily I made it home and decide to start the car up the next afternoon (remember my hubby's on the mainland) & I still need to get to work...& the kids are off for Summer and wanted to do a Timmy's run that day, so I start the engine and it's not only blowing black smoke but the engines still screeching and the cars shaking.....I run over to my neighbor who checks the oil and the dipstick comes out all thick & cruddy (he's a mechanic) and he go's I think you need to change the oil to which I replied we did just this past Saturday....(It's Tuesday 7th July now) so I call Gary (hubby) on the mainland & tell him whats going on, he tells me to go get the receipt and yes he got it done alright by Canadian Tire that Saturday & he calls them.......GUESS WHAT.....THEY PUT IN THE WRONG OIL!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO ADMITTED IT RIGHT OFF THE BAT!!!!!!
It has now been OVER 2 Weeks!!!! WE HAVE NO CAR!!!! We got it towed & it's sitting at the GM dealership & the mechanics there RIGHT AWAY diagnosed the car with "wrong oil used" that's why the TURBO's gone on it & we'll have to pay between $4-5000!!!!!! We didn't even tell them anything about the whole Canadian Tire thing!!! They said that's what it was by themselves!!!!
We went to Canadian Tire (Nanaimo) armed with all this info this past Saturday only to be laughed out of the office by the service manager JERRY......WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! So we've had no car for OVER 2 WEEKS & don't still know WHO'S GOING TO BE PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TODAY (in the morning) my husband received a call from the store owner TODAYYYY!!???!!!!!!! And he said he wasn't aware of anything (not a huge surprise considering how stupid & incompetent Jerry is). He said he'd call back but still has not...............
WE HAVE CONTACTED CHECK NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WARNING:- DO NOT WE REPEAT DO NOT GET YOUR OIL CHANGED AT CANADIAN TIRE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More:

Canadian Tire WE NEED A COURTESY CAR AND YOU FOLKS NEED TO PAY FOR IT AND ALL THE DAMAGES DONE TO OUR OWN VEHICLE DUE TO YOUR NEGLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!
This is getting absolutely ridiculous!! All we are getting from your employees at the Nanaimo store is the run around....! Your service manager is the biggest liar out there!
Monday my husband received a call from the Nanaimo store owner who said he didn't know anything about this whole fiasco and then never called back and then ye...

bishious

The free tow is to the nearest Canadian Tire. What happens to your vehicle from there is your own lookout. If you choose to not have it repaired there, the tow is still free.

bishious

How much do you think it ought to cost to use the services of a flat-rate mechanic?? Every job quoted is by using an industry-accepted standard manual, usually either Mitchell or Chilton. If the shop rate is $90/hr (which is actually a LOW number), then utilizing 18 minutes of a mechanic's time costs $27.00. Do you expect the mechanics to work for free?? Apparently, you do. Look up the flat-rate system, how it works. Educate yourself before you shoot your mouth off. Idiot.

CTH8R

Lots of people on here confirm the risk of having CT do anything to their vehicle, so indeed it's one's own lookout.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Another "happy" customer:

Elizsabeth C.:

I bought this bike at Canadian Tire, Nations Crossing Fredericton New-Brunswick, Canada on June 29 not 3 weeks later the handle bars snapped off and sent my 6 year old son flying. I tried to return the bike to the store and the manager called me a liar, embarrassed me in front of at least 10 other people and wouldn't honor the life time warranty on the Steel frame. I would like for someone from Huffy to call me I want this resolved and I'm hoping it won't take all summer. I'm going to share my facebook post here about it so I don't have to write it all out again. My phone number is 506-262-

Michel Lasalle

this happened at the canadien tire at the plateau in gatineau i spent 6000 in one month in that store. one of the things i bough was a 250 pound outside fireplace. the staff could not lift if and had to use the forklift to get it in my pick up truck. when i got home i was like how am i going to get this off my truck. so i go back and buy a tailor i see a young land at a 18 wheeler loading it and the forklift is outside. i park my truck next to the 18 wheeler and tell the young lad hey i might need your help with the forklift to put this fireplace in my trailer as i can't lift it. i explained to him that i will be going in the store to buy stuff and he can help me when i get out. So i go inside the store do my purchase and come back out. By now there's a female manager outside, an annie something, with the young man. she looks at me and starts yelling at me "well I'm not taking the responsibility to touch this fireplace. I start protesting about her attitude towards a customer. she tells me just go inside the general manager will deal with you. i go inside the store and had him paged. he comes down from his office and start yelling at me right off the bat. I'm trying to explain my experience and he never let me finish a single phrase. he continued by telling me that they are not movers and it's not their responsibility to move stuff once it's bought. he had the young lad help him take it down by hand and was mooching me. ohhh that so hard to lift you made a big deal over something you could have had your buddies to help you with. i told him i spent 6000 dollars that month and he promptly replied i don't give a shit if you spent 50 000 here. i then told him i was going to complain to the better buisness bureau and again he told me do what you wont wont effect us. that company has a monopoly and treat their customers like crap because there's no one to challenge them. the government should force them to shut down or promote other companies to avoid this monopoly. it was by far the worse customer service i've received in 40 years.