Common Sense

The fee is charged by every retailer regarding electronics .I guess they are ALL sneaky . If this bothers you so much buy used and quit whining.

CTH8R

Interesting Troll post from a newby.

Anyway, more Customer Experience from Trevor:

Trevor Dubinsky So went to your store on Sunday. Walking down an isle there were two ladies looking confusedly at propane tanks. I stopped, said hello I don't work there but wondered if they needed some help? They said yes, and that they have been trying of 15 minutes to get some help with no luck. Less than 5 minutes later they were happy and I went on my way. Where I helped 2 other people who were looking at a pressure cooker that was on sale. Again they tried to get help and no one came, and no one was around.
Finally I made it to the sporting section there was a guy standing at the counter looking for help and pushing the button that "calls a staff member for help". I found the archery supplies, and though you sold bows, you do not sell the bow strings (weird as bow strings do break...). I then looked through the camping supplies to see what was new or exciting. Then I left, and the guy that pushed the button for help was still there waiting for help!

CTH8R

Misc stuff:

Phyllis Groves dont like canadian Tire everything needs to be returned

Bucky Marino Can you explain why your upper management treats your entry level employees with such disregard? Treat them better and you will have a pleasant and much more profitable business.

CTH8R

Interesting how Canadian Tire sets their "sale" prices:

Christine Lavigne just came from Canadian tire where they have a tfal actifry on sale for 189.99 says it regular price is 249.99. meanwhile the Walmart has the same product for 199.77 regular price.. I guess its buyer beware...

CTH8R

Christopher Comrie Canadian Tire is miraculous to me for always having "just sold out" of whatever it is I'm looking for. It's also where I get my cardio from chasing the employees - boy can they run fast when you look like you have a question.

CTH8R

David Cullen Canadian tire has disappointed me too many times to count. Stop selling shotty tools and toasters. Last place I would buy tires. Fix your stores, then worry about a slick social media advert.

CTH8R

Regarding Olympic sponsorship by Canadian Tire:

Peter Murphy canadian tire has the worst customer service ever

Maria MacDonald I have a question. If Canadian Tire believes that sport is at the heart of famillies and communities, how do you feel when you have employees that work for Canadian Tire who are involved in sports but a Canadian Tire store will not work around their practice schedule to allow them to take part in the sport. Perhaps they have to work in order to afford to be a part of the sport. Is it so bad if they can only work 4 of 7 days a week and are will to work all 4 of their available days? Shouldnt your stores be encouraging your young employees to not only take part but be a dedicated team member? Just a question... Quite a few employers offer great availability options for young employees in school and sport. Many stores in retail, fast food etc do work around practice schedules...

Other threads:

Monique Sayers Schwab it's just a rip-off in Salmon Arm BC!

Syd Lennox It appears my previous comment was edited by an unknown factor I stopped shopping at canadian tire years ago, bad service all products from offshore.

CTH8R

More Olympic glory:

William David Helton canadian tire can sponsor ppl for all kinds of events but fort st john cant afford to pay former employees money owed

Scott Ward canadian tire sux....poor customer service

Scott Ward Canadian Tire sucks....period...customer service is the worst!

Eric Lowden Ctc sucks

Last edited:

CTH8R

More Maria:

Maria MacDonald CANADIAN TIRE: If you wouldnt mind I would like a response to my previous question. I am curious as to how you feel about a Canadian Tire store not working around a high school students practice schedule and telling them they have to work those days that they can not work around that. I was very shocked by hearing this since you do Jumpstart and promote and support sports so much. Kindly respond

Linda Lou Ross I'd like to hear the answer to that one too Maria MacDonald... hmmm interesting

Last edited:

CTH8R

George Bourque Everything is overpriced at canadian tire . Items on sale are at regular prices everywhere else

Darryl Fisher Canadian Tire??!!! screw them. Every time I go shopping for tools and equipment they're always about 20% more expensive than Rona Lowes and Home Depot. Most recently i bought a 1/2" breaker bar... EXACT same one at Home Depot was $15 cheaper (Rona was $10 cheaper)
AAAAND, they sponsor NHL revenue which the greedy owners and players fought over and COST US GOOD HOCKEY TO WATCH.
I'm boycotting all the companies I LIKE and SHARED this site: http://www.facebook.com/Nhlrevenuelockout

Audrey Aldwinckle shop here & you pay too much

CTH8R

Rod MacTavish I really, really do not like Canadian Tire. Just cancelled my MasterCard with them, just to get back at the bastards.

John Muth Stop posting your trash on my wall. I'll be sure never to shop at your store again. Home depot all the way as they don't harass me.

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Yvon Voyer Shopping at Canadian Tire isn't worth the frustrating customer support anymore, especially since they changed their return policy. I live in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, and I swear they have the worst customer service team in existence. I once received a master craft product as a gift - but already had the item. I decided I would exchange it as it was in its original packaging and get something I could actually use. Despite my insistence that master craft was a Canadian tire brand and that I couldn't possibly have bought the product from some other company they adamantly refused to take it back. While I used to shop almost exclusively at Canadian Tire, I recommend going to Walmart or Costco; they have an excellent return policy. To add insult to injury, most of the people behind the counter in saint jean are more interested in complaining about their work conditions and breaks than they are about serving you.

CT Challenger

Donald Boucher will never shop there again in my life time

Graham Sc Bindle I really wish they would properly train their employees for their assigned departments. It's damn frustrating dealing with people who give you a blank stare when you ask them to locate an item.
And buying ammunition? There is nothing worse than having some lacky give you a bullshit reason as to WHY they are logging PAL info that is "just for their records". Lot numbers on the box tell you nothing.

Dave Martel Dewar Ex employee and been to about 25 diffrent stores and all the same to me phone service suck long can u holds and never find ppl to help

Last edited:

CTH8R

John Mariano Just wish they had a better return policy, feels like pulling teeth to get your money back. I think I'll stick to Wall Mart, Costco and Home Depot

CTH8R

Funniest of the day so far:

Christopher R Lott But,Canadian tire still finds someway of suckin every little bit of money out of everyone's pockets, cause all they sell is junk.ohh of coarse there is warranty .but you still have to drive back to the crap hole and take it back.sure they sell gas you'll need it.Napanee will not take any thing back .so you have to take it to another store 35 miles either way .still junk

CTH8R

Peimom P We had a disgusting customer service experience at your Summerside Prince Edward Island Canadian Tire store today. In the process of trying to return a $19.99 paper shredder my husband was belittled about his eyesight for one and the store manager was very condescending to me. Since when as a consumer do we have to keep an item if it is not up to the standard we were led to believe.. and it was resell able..plus we had the receipt? Bad enough that the store manager could not understand the value of just giving us a store credit..as we would have been buying more products...but to be so abusive to customers is just not except able. We were polite introducing ourselves and explained the problem we had with the shredder...My husband got so frustrated with being treated so bad that he decided he no longer wants anything to do with Canadian Tire. He asked the store manager for a pair of scissors to cut up his CT credit card. Store manager said I don't care and actually gave him the scissors to cut up his canadian tire credit card!!! So we no longer wish to buy products from Canadian Tire because they appear to condone belittling customers and have no common sense. Canadian Tire in Summerside PEI just lost 2 customers that spent a lot of money there over the years but will be no more because abuse we will NOT tolerate from a Canadian Tire store manager!!!!!

CTH8R

More:

Peimom P FYI the shredder has nothing wrong with it...just does not suit our needs...it can be resold..just like other things people take back to stores that they change their mind on...it is right in canadian tires return policy...and it was the abusive treatment that was so terrible...would you like it if your father and mother were treated that way or would you say as above....that is just the way it goes? Mind you I do see the word "sorry" in your post...which is more then we heard today! Thank you. PEOPLE NEED TO SPEAK UP WHEN TREATED LIKE WE WERE!!!!!

1wildhorse

i remember buying a wheelbarrow a couple of years ago.it was the only one left and was already assembled.when i went to pay for it the assistant told me there would be a $50 charge for the assembly,to which i replied 'fine'.get one of your guys to come and take it apart,and ill assemble it myself.the $50 charge was waived.....

CTH8R

I love this story! Besides, they chose to assemble it in the first place, and received the benefit of having a 'demonstration' model that probably increased sales. They they want you to double-pay them? For a service you never requested? Crazy!