CTH8R

Chris: you seem to be looking for things to be unhappy about. This is a complaint that a customer posted on the Crappy Tire Facebook page. It also echoes the 'Eco fee' mismanagement that Crappy Tire perpetrated not long ago in Ontario. Consumers need to know what to watch out for.

Besides, the government site says the fee should be a lot less - not sure that Crappynwas really being accurate and honest in this case. People just don't trust these dealers, and with good reason - such a poor track record!

Last edited:

CTH8R

S'more ... for the moaners to try to defend ...

Jim W.: I spent over a thousand dollars to get my van tuned up and now it runs worse than it did before. Now I have to take it somewhere else and get it done right. I talked to the counter person where I had the work done and he gave me nothing but attitude. Until I get some sort of satisfaction, I will never darken their doorway again and will be quick to show the receipts to show why. Might as well have gone to Cambodian Tire for all the good it did!
4 hours ago

Ed R.: Truck parts at Can-tire 321.00 +12% HST, Identical NEW parts on Ebay 101.00 USD with free shipping to my parcel receiving service in Blaine. I'd say It's a NO brainer on that one.
3 hours ago

Youngjae S.: Hi.

Last month I bought 1 bike at the 'Cold Lake Canadian Tire'. Exactly July 28 and after two weeks, it had some problem at the front(left) shift. so i went to canadian tire cold lake. and they told me it's not possible to exchange, so we will fix.
so I almost waited over 2hours.
then mechanic told me, come tommorow.
it will take long time.Because they fixed my front shift, but they broken my back shift.
Anyway i came back tomorrow, and then they couldn't fix my bike. so they deside to exchange my bike. So I got new bike.
But after two days, another bike had some problem. it is back shift wire was out of the handle, and right pedal was not working. so i came back there, and they fixed at same day.
but after two days later, my back shift wire out again. so now my bike is at the Canadian Tire for 2days.
I dont have car. so I usually use bike. but i never seen like this bad bike.
and they sold to me some very bad bike.
First time i thought it happned anybody, but over 1 time? no way...
Im very angry. so please give me a solution.

---

I think CT in Alberta is smart to charge a Disposal Fee right when you buy it. After all, it's going into a landfill within just a week or two anyway, LMAO!

chris

Chris: you seem to be looking for things to be unhappy about. This is a complaint that a customer posted on the Crappy Tire Facebook page. It also echoes the 'Eco fee' mismanagement that Crappy Tire perpetrated not long ago in Ontario. Consumers need to know what to watch out for.

Besides, the government site says the fee should be a lot less - not sure that Crappynwas really being accurate and honest in this case. People just don't trust these dealers, and with good reason - such a poor track record!

I'm looking for something to complain about? Well maybe you should look at yourself. Sitting here day after day copying and pasting peoples complaints from one website to another. And when you don't someone's comments to post you regurgitate the same negative dribble you use here. Crappy this and crappy that. Blah blah blah. How old are you 12?? Sitting in your moms basement playing World of Warcraft. Come on now, grow up, get over yourself, you are not accomplishing anything but making yourself look like a fool.

I've been reading this form for 6 months now just to see what you post, and its the same old generalized, regurgitated insults.

Good luck with your wasted life.

CTH8R

Wait a second. I never said you were looking for something to 'complain about'!

At least try to be accurate and honest with your posts. This is the kind of drivel you've had bottled up in you for a half a year? YIkes!

In fact, you are sounding like The Moaner - not a good start!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Oh, oh! I seem to have struck a nerve with this Chris/moaner person, LOL!.

I've been on this site for a while, and people like Chris always turn out to have a stake in The Red Triangle of Crap - and are unwilling to fix their crappy company. So, they try to'shoot the messenger'.

The real problem isn't with me - it's just that people like Chris don't like to see consumers sharing the truth about Crappy Tire. I'd be surprised if he wasn't pissed that messages Crappy Tire keeps deleting are still showing up here - hilarios!

For all I hknow, he's one of the people who attacks customers on the CT Facebook page. It's the same tactic: insult people, and hope maybe they'll stop warning others about the Red Triangle of Crap.

Nice try, Chris!

Lots of people read this site, and this thread. But if Chris doesn't like what's posted here, he sure doesn't have to keep reading. It's not like he's owed something on this site, and it's not being delivered.

And speaking of being owed something and it not being delivered, check out this follow-up post:

Jim W.: I can't afford to take it back to Canadian Tire. I need to take it to the dealership to get it done right. They would not have let my van go out the door running like it did before I even got out of the mall parking lot. Now I'm afraid if I don't get it done soon, there's going to be some serious damage to the engine.
6 hours ago

Thanks for the warning, Jim! Don't let people like Chris stop you for getting the word out!

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Obviously this new Chris person is actually just the disgraced Angry CT Guy, hoping to dodge his checkered past by posting under a new name.

New name, but the same hostility towards consumers, same dribble.

Soon we'll be flooded with talk of "600 Sucks Sites" and countless links to manufacturers' warranties!

Don't forget to Donate! LOL!

CTH8R

The stores have no control over that. I don't think it's fair for you to post that here. It has nothing to do with the store at all.

Angry Chris Guy has his facts wrong, as usual, LOL!

The customer said they were charged a $40 fee, but the Alberta site says it should only have been $18.80!

Alberta Recycling Management Authority - Eligible Electronic Products

Nice job, Crappy Tire!

And charging HST on the inflated fee? Pure rip-off genius!

Your fellows in Ontario weren't nearly as creative!

Congratulations, Alberta Crappy Tires, for coming up with new ways to cheat customers!

"Well Done", indeed!

CTH8R

... maybe you should look at yourself. Sitting here day after day copying and pasting peoples complaints from one website to another. ... How old are you 12?? ... Come on now, grow up, get over yourself, you are not accomplishing anything but making yourself look like a fool.

You might be unaware of this, but Ms. Manners says it’s impolite to make fun of other people’s recreational choices.

For instance, some people like to watch dramas, where actors play out classic good-vs-evil scenarios. Tales of heroism can be deeply moving. Other people just like to sit back and watch comedies, and enjoy a good laugh. Many people like ‘reality’ shows, which often combine both dramatic and comedic elements.

In all cases, it’s extremely gauche to be critical of the personal entertainment choices of another.

Now, personally, I very much enjoy following the real-life, good-versus-evil drama that plays out on Canadian Tire | Facebook. I shudder as I hear the horror stories posted by my fellow Canadians who’ve been screwed over by Crappy Tire. I burn with justifiable rage at the arrogance and greed of the despicable Owners. I’m moved almost to tears by the generosity of ordinary people who invest their time and effort to warn others of the hidden dangers of the Red Triangle of Crap. And, of course, I laugh at the irony of the stage on which these morality plays are presented: Crappy Tire’s very own page! LMOA!

Yes, I enjoy all of this very much, and also enjoy capturing and sharing these fleeting human ‘dramedies' for the entertainment and education of my fellow Canadian consumers, before the Crappy People delete them under the guise of “maintenance”.

Now, I hear you “owner” types get your kicks by cheating customers, then verbally abusing them, not just in the stores, but also on facebook, and right here on Canadian Tire Sucks Forum - Canadian Tire Sucks Portal

Too bad Ms. Manners says it’s impolite to make fun of you ...

Last edited:

CT Challenger

More people who aren't big fans:

Painting:

Lorne M.: Your products are hard to find just like most of your employees and when you do finally find an employee they can,t find the product!

Next Jonathan Toews:

Larry S.: Canadian tire sucks bought two coffee mach both defective return for exchange won't give me my money back store credit only never have those problem with home depot gonna tell my face book friends not to shop there any more

Fram air filter:

Larry S.: Canadian tire you have lost a life long customer have bought two defective coffee machines and I do not want exchange. Or store credit just want my 91$ back I will be telling all my face book friends to give there custom to home hardware home depot even wallmart

CTH8R

So, Crappy Tire has started yet another thread, but for the same old contest.

Do you think they'll get any fewer complaints on the new one??

Now, I usually don't post customer complaints about Crappy Tire's own crappy Facebook page, mostly because there are just too many complaints to track, but also because consumers aren't paying to use the site.

However, this comment touches both topics at once:

[name removed by request]: Canadian tire's website and contest app's must be made in China like the rest of the crap they sell.

CTH8R

Kris H.: Here's a review for you: I bought a glass teapot from your Mcgillvary store in Winnipeg two days ago. It was a gift for my girlfriend. She was delighted and all was well...until she opened the box. The teapot itself was obviously used, as it was covered in waterspots and there was bits of tea stuck in the infuser! The two flowering tea pods were also nowhere to be found. It was obviously bought, used*and the store staff didn't even check to see if it was clean or complete before selling it again to me! Here's the problem: I can't find the receipt so I'm not even going to bother trying to return it. I'm just never going to shop at Canadian Tire again.

CTH8R

Debbie V.: Went to Canadian Tire on the 18th to get a BBQ that was on sale for $299, low and behold none in stock and the sale started that day, they said oh it will be in on the 26th and gave me a rain check for that day.. Called in today cause that when the truck as to be on loaded... was told today that no trucks come in on Sundays.. meanwhile 3 different people told me Sunday the 26th. and the same guy that said no trucks come in Sunday told me it will be in Sept 9th.. OMG would you look at that its a SUNDAY. STUPID ..They expect me to drive to Sturgeon Falls to pick it up for the same price or take their floor model full of scratches for the same price... Nice costumer service skills NORTH BAY!

Donald V.: How come everything Canadian Tire sells is crap?? There's a whole section devoted just for customers to TRY and return their crap. But when they do, they find out you cannot get your money back, you can only get Canadian Tire money to buy a different piece of crap from Canadian Tire. The only thing worse than their products is their service. Cannot wait for TARGET !!!!

CTH8R

I normally skip all the complaints about the site itself, but these ones are pretty hilarious!

On the "Get a fishing license" thread:

Paul C.: would help if canadian tire actually sold them

Kevin J.: Canadian Tire stopped selling fishing licences in our city. Why bother posting if ur store doesn't provide the service!? kinda dumb

Christopher B.: You don't sell licenses in Kelowna BC.

Matt A.: Three of the four canadian tires in my area no longer sell licences, and next year the fourth won't either. Its all gonna be online

Nice Job, Crappy People!

You don't even know what's being sold in your own stores!

LMAO!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Some warnings about letting Crapy Tire hook up your ride and tow it to their crappy service centers:

Kyle R.: Not a chance I will ever take my car to Canadian Tire again.

Junior: There's probably more fine print to this than their so-called "return policy"...

Joan G.: Yes probably the price of towing is included in the repairs eh!

Harold H.: Probably good if you're not an AMA member. Personally, would never take a vehicle to Canadian Tire for repairs.

Spilly W.: Too bad there will not be any mechanics on duty TILL TUESDAY... ASk when it will be repaired BEFORE agreeing to the tow. Especially around Regina,Sask.

Chǝri M.r: Free ride to Canadian tire and they tell u what's not wrong so they can fix it

Colleen Z.: don't ever tell them your car is upside down in the ditch...they

Mark P.: Meh caa is better, theyll tow where you want

Frank D.: Does your car have to be towed to Canadian tire and be repaired their in order to get this free service and if so then the tow is really not free as Canadian tire charges a diagnostic fee only to tell you what you already knew like your alternator is fried etc etc and then charged you too change it . Last week a friend took her car to a Canadian tire location as her breaks were making noise she was told that their would be a 1 hour inspection fee charged even before the repairs were done how bizarre but if they r really offering a free service then it should be with no strings attached!

Shirley H.: call your car dealer

Mike K.: free tow to where?? Canadian Tire, not

Micale S.: Bull I had to pay 80 bucks for a tow of about 8km for Canadina tire to "fix" and that was ONTOP of the 400 bill for a new BATTERY will not use the auto svc ever again....

CT Challenger

Even though the site keeps running the same ads for the same contests, over and over, there's always a fresh crop of stories from customers who are discovering just how much Canadian Tire sucks!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Howard L.: I bought a tent from Canadian Tire at Burnaby on Byrne Street. Found some leaves in it so I went back thereand exchange for another one just different model as that model was out of stock. The 2nd one was even worse as I found when I got back home, missing the owner's manual and the tarp! But the lady worked at Return and Exchange Center had told me it has not been used as it was dropped by a customer b4 he left! So, I had to went back there for the 3rd time! Spent too much time going back and forth and on waiting in the line. Frustrating!!! And yes, this is my GOOD review.

CTH8R

Not sure what time zone he's in, but this was posted 5 hours ago under "Love your latest purchase? Write a review":

Kevin T.: no, i hate my latest purchase will never buy anything there again

CTH8R

The Crappy Sys Admin gave Kevin the standard 'form letter' BS saying "strong customer service is important, we would like to hear more personally. Please contact customer service"

But our hero Kevin side-stepped that trap nicely:

Kevin T.: nope, you stole my money, your not going to steal my time as well. -you guys had a chance at the store level to fix my problem! I wont be back, and i will tell my friends and family what happened.
30 minutes ago

CTH8R

More:

Clinton G.: If we're going to swap auto repair stories, I'll take a turn. My alternator was failing on the highway far from home, so I stopped at a CT shop. The kid who replaced it damaged the rad, but failed to mention it. Luckily I got it home before it overheated, but then I had to get a new rad, too. It would have been cheaper to have it towed elsewhere, and avoid the extra expenses. Next!

Donald V.: So many customers disgruntled with Canadian Tire. The only thing that ticked me off about buying a crappy bicycle tire pump was the grief I got after trying to go back twice to get reimbursed. I never had this problem with Target when I lived in the States. I once returned a car DVD player to a Target store while driving through New York, even though I had bought it in Maryland, I didn't have the receipt or the box, and I had purchased it 4 months prior. They were so pleasant. Can't wait for when Target comes here