CTH8R

Ct spams, 'What will you be doing today?'

Sally Pifher visit the store which once again doesnt have what we need!!

Steve T. Why is changing a g valve almost $400 at can tire but other quotes are $300 hmm

Last edited by a moderator:

CTH8R

Story on CT's fb on poor auto service (again!):

Kirk Harris Your company dropped the ball so hard it smashed into tiny pieces. We took our vehicle in to have work done. The TECH said we would that the work that was done to the vehicle 30 days prior by the manufacturer dealership was not done. Your Tech. didnt show us the issue . it was a TAKE MY WORD FOR IT comment. We went back to the dealership to verify what Your company had said and they insisted they did the work.....went to a completely different dealership and was told that it was...I WILL NEVER shop at Canadian Tire Again. As we all know in business word of mouth means everything and believe me i have told my story to friends and family. A serious black eye n your company and your values ....even if it is the actions of one TECH........sad very sad.

CTH8R

Yet another, also in response to CT's spam on auto repairs:

Veteun Bannasingthong It's been a week and I'm still waiting for a call back from them regarding a service issue discrepancy. THEY misquoted me for repairs and forced me to pay an extra $400+ to get my car out of their shop. What could I do? I was there at 830pm, with no way home, and no one from their repair counter was willing to help. I escalated the issue to Customer Relations...had to wait for a call back from them. The person who called me back pretty much told me that there's nothing they could/would do...wouldn't even listen to anything I was saying. I requested it be escalated further and here I am waiting.... CANADIAN TIRE - YOU WILL CONTINUE LOSING CUSTOMERS BY CARRYING ON THIS WAY. I am utterly disgusted with the lack of empathy your Associates have displayed and the manner in which your business is conducted. MAJOR FAIL for Canadian Tire. I will never promote your services or products again.

CT Challenger

This was interesting:

Andrew Gee Hi Canadian Tire. I have a customer complaint. I was just at your one of your stores in Kitchener (on Ottawa st.) today. I was trying purchase the SunRype 100% Juice that was advertised on your flyer for 4 for $5. I was at the store and i asked the stock person that was there in that aisle if there was any and was none, which was fine. So I went to customer service desk and asked them for a raincheck. So the customer service called up on the computer that product and found out that there was 60 cartons of them in stock. I told the customer service that there was none in stock. They called up the stock room person and found out there was some and told me to go back to the aisle to meet the person there I waited more than 20 mins and no one showed up. So I went back to the customer service and asked them for a raincheck again. and they told me that they will not issue a raincheck if there computer system says if there is some in stock. and they told me to wait some more for the stock stock person to come and give it to me.so i waited for another 10 mins for only the person not to show up again. So I told the customer service that i will come back another day to get it, (Which I will not)

1. So why is your customer product service is so crappy that you guys have to make your customers wait more than 30mins to only find out that your staff is not going to show up.

2. Why is your computer system show the quantity of the product inaccurately? (it showed 60 cartons of juice, when there isn't any)

CTH8R

Follow-up from Tanya:

Tanya Zigomanis Koroneos They have not helped us at all and they have denied liability. This was done by telephone only via head office. Is the above email any different? We are long time customers of this company and will never go back, thinking about our options to take this publicly and further it's the worst customer service we have ever experienced. Do not take your vehicle to Canadian Tire will be the message I aim to get across to anyone I know. I do not complain about anything and this is unacceptable.

CTH8R

Aaron Stone Just had the most disappointing experience at Canadian Tire. Got an ad that had this item on sale. Great deal! I called around, possibly anticipating some issues getting it in, but I'd get a raincheck and no worries. I can wait. Not so much. Even though there is NO indication that the item has been discontinued, and no alternatives that are even CLOSE to the product in price or quality are being offered, the store manager says we can't get the product. "I can give you a raincheck, but I probably can't get it in". "Might be some in the warehouse, but I can't find out for 24 hours". What?!!! How is this good for Canadian Tire? What terrrible service and misleading advertising. BOOO Canadian Tire! Lifetime Shatterguard Backboard with Powerlift Pole, 52-in | Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Celeste Marchand Since I can't post to the page or message you, I guess this is the only way of communicating with this page. I don't know anybody who has a 30lb 10" baby, mine was only 7lbs and still 20" at birth, the description on this product is obviously wrong and yet the multiple people who have asked a question for clarification of the real weight limits either get a cut and paste of the original (incorrect) information from the product description or ignored. Please correct your website and/or respond correctly to the questions asked on the page. Tribute 5 Convertible Car Seat | Canadian Tire

CT Challenger

Dwight Lovegrove Going to Canadian Tire is like going on a treasure hunt..... the staff (if you can find one) has no idea what stock they carry or where it is located, leaving you to find it yourself. When you complain about the POOR service, all you get is "go tell the owner"....nice.

CT Challenger

Gary Northantsdancer I know what you mean, I tire of unhelpful shop assistants pointing to an aisle. They might as well tell you to go forth and multiply. I have been convinced for some time that many of the CT workers are recruited for their lack of politeness and propensity to work at minimum wage and do their utmost to really give me an unpleasant customer experience...now, what was the question?

CT Challenger

More unhappiness:

Denis Meuret I am saddened by this morning story on Canadian Tire "flag issue" near Hwy 401 and Weston Rd. With 2 children serving in active armed forces (canadian) i am upset to see the disgrace of our flag. What will you do to fix this issue that seems to be inherent to many of your locations. Baring the name "Canadian" in your brand implies an uphold of "Canadian" values. Are you?

CT Challenger

LOL!

Charlene Bissonnette You guys must live in my city! I can never find anything, and if I'm able to find an associate to help me, they're not helpful. I'm trying to find something now, and the www says it's in stock, but nobody at the store can find it, or be bothered to call me, as they promised they would. I'm not sure how they manage to stay open. They P.O. more people than they please!

CT Challenger

Nada Viviani A couple of nights ago I sent your customer service department a message about an incident at one of your service centers but no one has bothered to contact me yet. What gives?

CTH8R

Tom Nadeau So I guess Canadian Tire does not stand behind there Mastercraft power tools! I tried to replace or return a Mastercraft router today after using it for about the fourth time or fifth time it smoked and stopped working. They tell me it was discontinued! Now Its no wonder why they discontinued it. as they don't stand up. So buyer be ware if you are considering buying any type of Mastercraft power tools as they will not stand behind them. Pass this on to let everyone know just how they back up and stand behind their products...

CTH8R

Richard Miller and do it without Canadian tire, they are an embarrassment to the Canadian name , they ripped me off on some mastercraft air tools and lost me as a customer forever , dont shop there and they cant rip you off they dont stand behind mastercraft tools they should be called american tire then I could understand them ripping me off .... Not ! dont shop here I was a loyal customer for ove twenty years til they treated me wrong and didny give a crap abuot it

CTH8R

Lots of Scratch and Save complaints. How hard can it be?

Edith Livingston Reardon Well noticed you had a scratch and save but they are only available here if you buy a newspaper. Some savings after you go out of your way to get a coupon. CT carries the local paper here but all the customers have stolen the coupons out of them. Sort of only a sale for the people that get the local papers delivered to their homes. Use to get Canadian tire flyers but we don't get them or anyone elses too. I live in Grande Prairie, right in town and I know that I shop less at CT now.

Karen Kirkwood Not impressed! Scratch & Save event in Edmonton today, March 16th. I checked the hours of my local store (Namao) Canadian Tire and saw they were open until 9:00 pm on Saturday. Arrived at the store to use my coupon (minimum $5 off) at 7:13 pm MDT and discovered it had closed at 7:00 pm MDT. Is it that difficult to keep your web pages up to date?

CTH8R

D.w. Marchwell Not impressed at all with this most recent flyer. The Kingsway Edmonton store did not have any of the items I went to buy. I don't bother with scratch and save any more and I've learned not to expect anything from the bored 20-somethings that seem more interested in chatting than helping someone who actually went out of his way to spend money. I guess they'll learn their lesson when enough people stop shopping there and they get laid off.

CTH8R

Sandy Campbell It should be 4 leaf clover ah well with Canadian tire something is always missing. Just like when something is on sale. Hehehe!

CTH8R

Ryan Woods Is it that difficult to let people know in the local flyer that the store would be closed on a Wednesday for inventory? Took me an hour and a half to get to the store, to find out it was closed. Not impressed either.

CTH8R

Wendy Clegg well the canadian tire here sucks as bad as your pic i well never shop at that store again there staff are beyond words and when you complain they do nothing go on there web page see how bad my servise was

Last edited:

CTH8R

Oh-Oh!

Looks like Crappy Tire decided to spam Canadian Facebook users again.

But instead of drumming up more business, it once again provoked an out-cry from Canadians who have been ripped off by CT.

(This is sadly reminiscent of the ‘bicycle’ fiasco of a few weeks ago.)

CT spammed, “How would you rate your auto mechanic skills on a scale from 1 to 10?”

Instead of rating themselves, many Canadians chose to rate CT – and very poorly, LOL!

---

EJ Robichaud Compared to a Canadian Tire Mechanic? 14

G. Donald Hamilton Personally, I get an expert and not likely with your company. To many there have caused my and friends grief and not happy driving!!!

Bertsheila Bamford 10 + and do semi trucks too never have a canadian tire person touch my car or any of my kids car every again

Christopher Paul Rogers From Canadian Tire, they are all below 0

Linda Lawrence Well I wouldn't go to Canadian tire ever.

Vincent Mercier I been once to canadien tire to fix my car, never again, the mecanics broke my wippers then suggested I change them because they were broken :S

Dawn Hamilton 4 at best - but I'd trust myself over a Canadian Tire mechanic. You guys are ... terrible for vehicle repairs!! :(

Jim Carroll If it is from Canadian Tire I have heard horror stories

Mirta Fonseca canadian tire is there to make money and screw the coustomers

Andrew Martin I wouldn't take My Wheelbarrel to Canadian Tire for repair They Rip So Many innocent people that dont know anything off.......

Jeff Piper canadian tire 2 me 9.5 atleast i can change the oil

Glen Vienneau I know someone who got their oil change at Canadian Tire, almost ruined their engine because the mechanic didn't properly put the filter cap back on. It was leaking oil for a month before the oil light turned on and started to leak more oil before it got checked out elsewhere. From the same company who's staff once chase me down the street accusing me of being on their security cam stealing a bike. Once they found out it wasn't me, I never even stepped foot in that store, they never as much given an apology after illegally detaining me for 20 minutes (In retrospect, I should have just called the cops). Thank you Canadian Tire for the great service.

Don Beaumont The good Mechanics at Canadian Tire leave to find higher income.. Personally I don't go there anymore because of the insistence of a diagnosis along with the charge that goes with it.. What ever happened to free estimate?

Beth Mckenzie Canadian Tire -10

Colleen Russell Campbell You never know if they are screwing you or not

Bill Vail I'd go up against your guys any day. 10!!

Robert Silver me 7, ctc mechanics 3

Adrian Luhowy How would I rate them?...people I'm forced to accept services from and expect to be ripped off by (by either being charged for work that wasn't done, or enduring work that was done poorly or not at all).

Blair Davidson Better than yours Canadien Tire.
Blair Davidson Your commission is the rip off.

Last edited: