CTH8R

An item with a missing part. Check out how CT responded:

Gary Marsh Unfortunately, I was given a Mastercraft router for christmas. Opened it this morning to start work on something, and the collet was missing from the box. Since I don't have a receipt, the local CT store and telephone support won't do anything for me. Spare parts aren't even available for it.
Worst part was asking the person that gave me the router if they still had the receipt. They didn't keep it, and now they're upset that they bought me something useless for christmas. All they remember is that it cost them over $100.
Come on guys, this sucks.

CTH8R

Brad Schamber*well had my brakes done in edmonton at canadian tire calgary trail-rotors, drums,pads and shoes-and out of province inspection-drive 4 hours calipars seize fixed at canadian tire in Okatooks-2 weeks ago brake light comes on so I check fluid and fill it*up light goes out-keeps going low -towed in to canadian tire in Trail-calipars leaking,emergency brake seized and need something kind of drum housing or something another $1000 should canadian tire not cover all this they messed them up -3 canadian tires in a month $2200 plus lost wages never again 2 canadian tire--

CTH8R

Surpisingly, CT had sugar for sale:

Lorne MacDonald knowing the garbage Canadian Tire sells you will probably have to break up the sugar with a chisel and hammer..

CTH8R

CT decided yet again to spam Canadian Facebook users about bicycles. Will they ever realize that their bikes suck?

Fernand Serre I've owned a used SuperCycle Challenger from the mid 90's and it lasted me longer than a new one from 2004, If only they can make SuperCycles as good as they used to be.

Fernand Serre I bought two SuperCycles and one Raleigh between 2004 and 2007 and I was having major issues with them just days after buying such as breaks and gears busting, bearings in the crank and wheels failing prematurely, the frame shedding off a bunch of its paint and rusting, rims breaking in half from the weld, spoke flying off the wheel etc etc.. My best bet would be to get a Schwinn brand bike from Canadian Tire since it's the best bike brand they have to offer in their store. One thing that never changes, "You get what you pay for"

Fernand Serre Canadian Tire bikes have gone from being okay quality to being absolute garbage.

Fernand Serre Raleigh and Supercycle bikes now fall apart before you can even leave the parking lot. Lol

Roger Meunier Im sure this was back inthe day when CCM could acually build a good bike in this country! Other then this ccm china junk!! just saying

Pawel Bozek Will never buy a bike at Canadian Tire ...Chinese made and after there is a issue with it...you on your own!!!! loosers

CTH8R

Canadian Tire also sucks at ... Auto Parts:

Al McDonald Soooo, even though my loving wife took the ownership into Canadian Tire with her to pick up rear brake pads for our 2002 Chev Impala the guy didn't want to see it "I don't need it" he told her.
Well guess what, our car is now disabled in the yard, up on a jack and wont be moving until we get the CORRECT BRAKE PADS!
What is the point of selling car parts to weekend grease monkeys if you cannot get it right?
Now with no car how am I supposed to get the parts exchanged when we live 20+ minutes from the store?
How is the wife supposed to get to work tomorrow?
To say Im a little miffed would be putting it mildly.
Thanks http://www.facebook.com/Canadiantire for once again earning that popular slant on your name. Saturday score for us a big fat 0.

CTH8R

A messy store is a crappy store:

Darrell Mac Dougall i take it you do not believe me so i am going to take a pic for you and show the public. Maybe the right person will see it and do something as for me i will shop at any other store that IS NOT C.T

CTH8R

Gee, Francis - do you think I should bother contacting Customer Service?

Francis Roy In other words "loose more of your time by writing to us so we can and tell you there's nothing we can do". That's the treatment I received. Boycot Canadian

CTH8R

They are still busy inventing brand new ways to suck!

Carl Christie I am really cheesed off with Barrhaven's Canadian Tire! After inching my way forward in the carwash queue, the machine refused my number, as did the faceless female voice on the other end of the voicebox after I pushed the button and told her my problem. She claimed the number had already been used. If it had, it certainly wasn't by anyone in this family. All she would do was sell me another wash. No way! My final visit there!

CTH8R

Thousands of crappy products; thousands of ways to suck! Here's yet another example.

(Hope her pet didn't suffer too much due to CT's crappiness ...)

Kathy J. Mills for all the animals; I bought a dog kennell at c.t. just a few months ago. Today I had to take it too the vets; since my little dog ... needed surgery. I went to pick it up from the car with my little dog in it to bring her back into the house from surgery. The bottom of the kennell and her dropped out of it into the snow. I was so very upset because of her having stitches, surgery and could of damaged her in so many other ways. A person buys kennells to keep your loved ones safe and secure and this happens. It could really of hurt her on the out side and the inside. Buyer be aware.

CTH8R

Responses to a Chain Saw Spam:

Denny Haverluck Why not? It hasn't worked in so long the tree is long dead and ready to fall on it's own!!
Norris Chucks ya dont mess with it because it will give you a heart attack trying to start it. you will be pulling for hours
Norris Chucks they do is not give you a refund.instead they send it to repair shop.i had a saw went dead after a day of cutting trees. they took it back sent it to the repair shop. 5 months later after making a complaint to the main office n i got a refund lol

CTH8R

This lady hates CT's online banking page - they are truly innovators. In ways to suck, that is ...

Sharon Catley I know this is not the right place to put this but your Customer Service people are doing nothing about it and I have tried in vain to contact anyone else in the organization (IT or Finance) - they just keep sending me back to customer service who does nothing about it. I am referring to your online financial services -In particular the credit card. Did you know that there is a limit to the number of transactions that can be displayed on the website? Each month that I go over that number I can neither view nor download my transactions for the month. I have complained about this numerous times and each time I phone or email the Customer Support they tell me that this is the first time they have heard of the problem. Well I have reported it at least 5 times myself. I am told to use the card less. You say you are a financial service but I can always display all my monthly transactions at my bank - heck I can even display a year's worth. Being a developer I know this is a quick fix and I tell them that. It should just require changing the value in the variable that tells the screen how much it can display then republish the page. I have mentioned this to the support desk and they say it cannot be done. I do not want to have to change credit cards I like the rest of what you do but if I cannot even see my transactions I will be forced to. PLEASE FIX THIS! If you do I will come back here and tell everyone that you did.

CTH8R

Things have been quiet lately - I guess by curtailing their spam of innocent Canadians, they have recently been 'flying under the radar' for complaints!

CTH8R

Oops!

Not so fast:

Nanda Sologar Canadian Tire in South Red Deer can do with more than ONE helpful staff! Most Can Tire staff see customers and just keep on going! I have drastically reduced my business there.

CTH8R

Couple more ...

Nanda Sologar i had one H*ll of a hard time getting answers about CT's Fatmax 4 gallon twin stack compressor motor price and availability! Ct is good only for little things with no moving parts really.

Ian Cluroe Pretty useless. No way of starting your own thread on here and then they tell you to call customer service. I'll just buy things elsewhere instead.

CTH8R

More:

Gusippina Terina Bertucci Just giving you a heads up Canadian tire...i find it very horrible when i came into do a few things to shop, a few days back, i had to wait a while for help. (which is not the problem) . The sports staff was by themselves which is pretty dumb....but when i finally get the help and they even apologized for the wait, a short fellow guessing the upper manager said in the open on the floor that the staff member was slacking and useless....Store on the east end has lost my business in windsor. As well i voiced my opinion and in response i get told.....I am not running his store..

CTH8R

Sabrina Harris I have wasted so much time trying to find replacement filters for my jobmate shop vac that is sold in your stores. No salesman can assist me or tell me where to get them. Whys do you sell products with no intention of providing the necessary accessories and replacement parts?

CTH8R

Wendie Nevay the store has always been bad for customer service has always been bad....I moved to Abbotsford 8 years ago and won't go near the canadian tire stores out here.....

CTH8R

Good Good Study Be careful of buying stuff in this store, at least be careful of buy anything you are not sure about its quality, because the chances are you stuck with the poor quality stuff you bought. Apparently, this store changed its policy a while ago so that customers can only return unopened stuff. If you bought anything that was broken later, you may not be able to return it! I don't know how many things in this store are not allowed to return. This information is, unfortunately, never provided. An assumption is, if anything is not marked as returnable, it cannot be returned if you open the box.

Good Good Study I have been with this store for more than ten years. But, now ... Good Bye!

CTH8R

Nelly M: I will never use Canadian Tire, I brought my car to put my summer tires, and he refused because he wanted me to buy 2 new tires and I declined his request. I went to Honda L'Allier in VSL and they did the job, they mentioned to me that 2 of my tires will need to be replaced, but not right now, I still have the summer to drive with them on my car. SHAME ON YOU CANADIAN TIRE, I guess your guy at the counter wanted to make his commission, but because I refused to change my 2 tires, he refused to do the job. SO PEOPLE BE AWARE on how CT treats the customers, maybe he thought they could put pressure on a woman and take money out of her easily.

CTH8R

Danielle P.: So I have a story about the abysmal business practices of Canadian Tire. Three months ago in the dead of winter we ordered a new set of tires. We were told we would receive the tires in a week. TWO WEEKS later we receive a call stating that the tires were out of stock. THREE MONTHS LATER we had tires installed on our car. For the past three weeks our tires pressure has been fluctuating and decreasing. This confused us as we paid an extra $50 to have nitrogen put in our tires. Upon inspection we not only noticed that our tires were filled with air, but that the 255 sized tires we paid for were in actuality 215 sized. THIS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS as the lowest tire size our car permits is a 225. Not only were we not rendered services and materials that were paid for, the negligence and unprofessional-ism of Canadian Tire is a real danger to us until we take the car in to get this fixed.