CTH8R

Serge C.: Hey Canadian Tire - Facebook "recommends" that I like your page - ever since I blew my top last summer I haven't ONCE set foot in your stores since! I tallied my receipts for my purchases at your competitors since last July: 1235$!! Every time I go to Rona, it takes me 2 minutes to find a competent employee who really gives me great advice, the price is fine, and I'm out of there within 10 minutes; best part: my stuff is secure in QUALITY plastic bags that don't tear at the seams so like my coffee pot won't break when it slips out of a defective bag and smashes in my driveway (true CT story here). You need to re-evaluate your market scheme because you've become the Dollar-Store of home and car items - cheap, just like the service, just like the store layout. Your HQ doesn't care what your franchisees do, and it shows.

CTH8R

Dean sees a little ticked ...

Dean D.: Contact me still heard nothing
You guys have ruined my weekend
Needed to do yard work got a chainsaw broke in 5 min and now I'm being refused a refund after 1 day

Dean D.: And I recommend the rest of you with issues do the same
Don't stop just keep posting dont forget don't let it go
They will eventually do something about it if it makes them look bad enough

Dean D.: Your better off just not using them in my opinion no ones going to help me and I'm stuck with a broken 1 day old 300$ chainsaw so I'm going to get my troll on until something is done about it

Dean D.: Any word on giving me a refund on my chainsaw that worked for 5 min that you so far have refused to help me with?

Dean D.:Beware Canadian tire gas powered tools turning them on voids the warranty

Last edited:

CTH8R

John W.: Dislike! CT = 50% defective products + a one man show at the return line = 100% pure frustration. In my day this type of treatment did companies in...today it does them good apparently. Big dislike. I wish they would consult with real customers on the day to day frustrations CT cause. You walk into a store feeling annoyed right from the get go based on past experiences. Returning stuff...oh god. That in itself is nightmare. Most likely by design.

CTH8R

Robert G.: Wow, after looking at all the negative comments, If I were CTC I would shut down the facebook page

CTH8R

Dean D.: Any word on giving me a refund on my chainsaw that worked for 5 min that you so far have refused to help me with?

Dean D.:Beware Canadian tire gas powered tools turning them on voids the warranty

Dean D.: Apparently when you gas up a tool for the first time it voids the warranty no one elce does that......

Dean D.: I......... Want ....... My ....... Money ....... Back ....... For ........ The ..... Chainsaw ...... I ....... Got ...... That ...... Worked ....... For ...... 5 ...... Min ...... Then ...... Broke

CTH8R

CT sucks at auto parts:

Nick D-F.: So I was in to the lansdowne canadian tire on Fri, the customer service rep allegedly ordered the part I need, told me it would be in Tues...I leave happy... Today TUESDAY I go back into the parts counter at the above mentioned Canadian Tire..assisted by Gord...who was no help at all, I ask if we can re-order the parts, he says no not until I speak with the other person. It is a $14.99 part...I am so frustrated by the lack of customer service these days!!!

CTH8R

Darrell W: I'm about completely done shopping in Canadian Tire. My wife and I went to our local CT this past Friday in Owen Sound to buy a tent. Could find no one to help us, asked an employee to page someone, they acted like we asked them for a kidney, and paged. Waited almost 10 mins, paged again. Waited an additional 10 minutes and my wife finally got upset and raised a stink, and we got someone. All and all, damn near 25 minutes wait, and there were barely any customers in the store. The wait we had to go through you'd thought it was Christmas Eve or something. Almost every time I've been in, you have a 10 minute wait once you get up to the registers. There's about 12 cashes, and two people workin them, the rest must be hiding or out back smoking, cause they damn sure ain't assisting customers on the floor. And, don't dare go in thinkin you want your propane tank REFILLED, you be better off asking for and receiving a new set of tires for free.

CTH8R

Jorge C.: Ct is a joke me and my sister went into buy a tools that werebon sale and when we went in there was no notice on anydoor or anywere were a customer was able to locate it so we asked the manager he denide us the set so we called this so called customer service they told the manager to give us the tool an they would cover the extra cost the denide us still not only did we not get the tools we wanted the store manger pushed my sister infront of customers after one of the emplooyes swore at us we complained to customer service till this day they have not returned the call this happened moths ago and they told us max a week to hear back dont shop at CT london ON in white oaks mall

CTH8R

Dean D.: Apparently when you gas up a tool for the first time it voids the warranty no one elce does that......

Dean D.: I......... Want ....... My ....... Money ....... Back ....... For ........ The ..... Chainsaw ...... I ....... Got ...... That ...... Worked ....... For ...... 5 ...... Min ...... Then ...... Broke

What's your summer project?

Dean D.: Would have been taking out some trees but the chainsaw u sold me broke in 5 min and u refuse to refund me

CTH8R

Tania M.K.: Returning products back to Canadian Tire is a joke. We returned hair clippers and an air conditioner both because they didn't work and you think we were going through customs. As we were waiting for 20 minutes for someone to help us another customer came up and ripped a strip off a staff member because he rang the service bell for help and no one came. Three people standing behind the customer service desk ignoring customers. Evidently your customer service needs some major looking into.

CTH8R

Ct sucks at parts:

Mulek C.: Hey parts guy in strathmore alberta Canadian tire!! Remember when I asked that you are sure that's the right U joint for my 1996 Ram 2500 front right. And you said yeah I am sure...WELL YOU WERE VERY WRONG!!!!! One would think that making sure the part is right is pretty important seeing that my trucks on jacks and I have no part and now lose a days work cause the trucks outta commission until I get the part!!! Well done Canadian tire, well done!!

CTH8R

On pressure washer ad:

Janny L.: Dont buy that power washer, been thrugh 2 of them and they break after 2 or 3 uses.

CTH8R

Joan L.: OMG I'm not the only only one who thinks Cdn. Tire sucks!!!!Never have stock, hire rude employees, advertise buy one get one free but that's not the case. don't forget to read the tiny print, Called customer service in TO and one said yes I should get one item free but others say no. They don't know their heads from their feet. Never have sale products available your so right. Good business practice Cdn. Tire.

CTH8R

Ryan W.: I refuse to shop at Canadian Tire after all of the hassles I get returning simple stuff. Even with receipts. The /
Markham and Lawrence branch is absolutely the worst. The don't warranty tools. Absolutely ridiculous. For example, I have a level. It's not broken at all but the liquid has evaporated. All I get is sorry we can't replace it. Come on... What about my socket set? The case is broken and they don't replace that? When I purchased it, it said lifetime warranty. It didn't mention that the case wasn't guaranteed. Or how about my old screwdrivers. They're discontinued so I don't get a warranty either. What's wrong with you guys? I used to shop there every weekend and shopped there loyally. I have a construction company and can't rely on them anymore. What about car batteries? If you buy the battery for $120 and you bring it in for replacement, they charge you the difference because the price has gone up. Come on... If you buy a new car at the dealership and take it in for repair under warranty, do you pay the $5000 that the cost of the car has gone up since you purchased? It's sickening. I could keep going all night.

CTH8R

It really is getting quite alarming, the sheer number of customer complaints being posted at www.facebook.com/Canadiantire.

If I were them, I'd be very worried, indeed, about this spontaneous out-pouring of negative feedback from the only people who can keep them afloat: Canadian consumers.

There is even an increase in the number of people who are noticing and commenting on this phenomenon.

Pretty bad when the store they once claimed to be the "most shopped" is rapidly becomming the "most mocked".

Last edited:

CTH8R

Typical:

Alina B. I see more complaints then some would expect... I got a juicer few days back and got surprised when they told me no warranty... Then I asked the cashier if it stops working what should I do... Lost as if I asked some weird question she told me not at the shop for sure cant return it... Sufice to say I needed an answer not more questions :)

CTH8R

Mike R.: Biggest summer project......how about trying to find a Canadian Tire that gives good service.....might take more than the summer

CTH8R

Dean D.:

Defective Products

Obviously, consumer goods cannot last a lifetime, but they should work as promised under normal use when purchased. Most consumer goods carry a time limited guarantee.

If the product is defective you can ask:

that the product be repaired;
if it cannot be repaired, that it be replaced; or,
if the product cannot be repaired or replaced, that a refund be provided.
Private Sales

You can't fix it it is a lemon and its dangerous

Can't exchange it because its a lemon and its dangerous

So where is my refund jerks