CTH8R

Parts:

Jeff-D.L.: Canadian tire? We live almost 1hour from the nearest one and when we need a part or anything else we usually call before we drive the distance....Sound like a good idea? Wrong!!!! Called many times and told yes we have it sometimes even say have 2 or 3 in stock...Now consider the price of gas and the price of the part and the time and expense of driving the distance...Walk to the parts department and told no we don't have any here....but we have one at a store about 1/2 hour from here....drive there and given something that don't even resemble the item we needed....Ok now...will you order it in and have it delivered to the nearest store (1hr from our home)...Yes and then....O forget it....it is like a vicious circle...Canadian Tire...Unless I am in the area, I don't make a special trip there..."Tired" of this...UAP, Walmart, even Used Auto parts get most of our business. And thank God for them....

CTH8R

Reid B.: yeah, it's not the posts that are bad. it's the store(s). The service is or should be embarrassing to you, especially at the customer service desk. Your leave your bag behind the counter "sorry, it's our policy" policy is ridiculous - I'm a 50 year old man and to have some young guy basically jump me when I entered the store demanding I leave my expensive camera bag/equipment at the front, with no manners whatsoever about it, was the last straw. i now drive out of my way to go elsewhere and I let everyone who tells me they are going there, know.

CTH8R

Joe H.: Absolute worst customer service I have seen, not just one store either, many. Staff for the most part are clueless and incompetent when it comes to anything more than stocking shelves. Get off my wall CT...YOU SUCK!

CTH8R

James L.: Is buying a new tent because the first one you bought at canadian tire tears in half the first time you assemble it. $200 plus dollars spent and doesnt even last 5 minutes.

CTH8R

Oh, and let's not forget that these store-brand lines have two of the most popular threads on here:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/personal-stories/68-simoniz-scam.html
https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/poor-canadian-tire-specific-brands/80-jobmate.html

And that this one policy (which the stores try to hide, and routinely lie about) is the single most-viewed thread:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...pair-only-warranty-no-refund-no-exchange.html

Last edited:

CTH8R

Another creative way they now suck: assembly fees:

Theresa M.: we were up canadian tire to purchase a baraque they only had the display one left it was 400.00they said we had to pay them for putting it together 80.00we went over north sydney and got one the man over there was shocked to hear what they wanted they charge 30.00toput one tog.she said our barbque was bigger thats why it cost that said it took5 hours to put tog.thats a lie

CTH8R

Alex G.: If customer service is such an integral part of your business, I strongly suggest you get out to many of your stores across Canada, as it is that mere reason I will no longer purchase from your business. I grew tired of asking for assistance as to where an item was, only to be told (after waiting for what seemed liked hours) the standard diatribe answer of, not my department.

CTH8R

Poor Dean, still struggling for a refund on one of Canadian Tire's numerous 'non-returnable' items.

Any bets if he will get a refund, or even an exchange?

If so, any bets on whether he'll return to eing a loyal CT customer? Of will he spend the rest of his days on the ever-growing Boycott list?

Dean D.: Just escalated my complaint thru your customer relation line

CTH8R

Sooooo typical!

In response to the tsunami of customer complaints on Canadian Tire's very own Facebook 'fan' page, how are the Crappy People reacting?

Are they promising a thorough investigation and sweeping reforrm?

Nope - they once more are attacking and blaming their very own customers!

LMAO!

here's one customer attempting to steer them towards reason:

Alex G.: Instead of more diatribe, ie:contact customer service, look at the all the displeasure, I see no need to pass the buck and contact customer service for more run of the mill answers. Obviously there is a problem as demonstrated by the masses that have replied. Go fix the problems at hand.

Owner 1

a tsunami of complaints? lol did you miss the almost 900,000 likes the CT's facebook page has. I don't see 900,000 complaints . tsunami LOL

sweeping reform? lol do you understand business at all? you don't make a sweeping change to a National company that profits hundreds of millions year after year.....after year. Find me a losing quarter on CT's books. Find stores that are closing. Find any sign of a failing company, and i'm sure sweeping reform would be on the table. Sorry, won't happen.

PS - I find it most humourous that a post I made yesterday didn't make it to print on here. Me thinks that the H8R and Challenger don't like to see hear or read the truth about what's REALLY going on at Canada's store.

CTH8R

This could be a post on this thread: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...-returned-goods-put-back-shelf-resold-me.html

---

Levi S.: Hi,

Quick questions about your practice of simply using packing tape on returned items. Is this a chain-wide practice or is it just my local (Langford,BC) store thats doing this? If it is widely accepted as being the correct procedure, than I guess this is about your QA. For the second time in a month, i've bought something off the shelf that had been taped up. The first time, it was a bathroom cabinet. The entire fiberboard backing was snapped in half. So i returned it. And it was a terrible experience. I absolutely hate returning things to Canadian Tire.. But thats another complaint entirely. Today, I bought a windshield wiper. Didn't even think to check to see if it was taped up anywhere. Get home (30 mins later) only to find out that yes, it was of course a return. Not only was it a return, but some jackass decided to return their used wiper in it. Fantastic Quality Assurance. (Sorry for posting this on your bike season page.. you don't appear to have a wall)

CT Challenger

The magic number of 900,00 has been raised on this thread, too, so here's a little sumthin-somethin from over on the Boycott thread:

4) Canadian Tire's facebook page has almost 900,000 likes. So you cherry pick a few upset customers every day and repost here like you're a retail and consumer advocate hero of some sort. When your list hits even even 1/10 of a percent of the likes, come talk to me. You're less then 1/4 of the way to 1/10 of a percent LOL

Let's do a little calculation, shall we?

What's 1/10th of a percent of 900,000?

Hmm? Anybody? Anybody with a calculator?

It's 900. That's right. Just 900.

(Because: 1% of 900,000 is only 9,000. And 1/10th of that is only 900. Cool, huh!)

So, Mr. Moaner 1 says we can "come talk to" him when the number of complaints on Canadian Tire's Facebook page reaches that magic number, huh?

Well, the page has been up since at least about 2009. And guess what? They've been getting non-stop complaints the whole time!

(While they enthusiastically track the number of mere clicks on their Like button, they seem far less diligent in tracking the number of complaints, now don't they? In fact, they just delete a lot of them! How's that for "Customer Service"? LOL!)

Yes, the 900 mark would have been reached long, long ago. In fact, we've seen hundreds of complaints come out, in response to just a single Spam from Crappy Tire. Hilarious!

But, will any of the Crappy People, including Mr. Moaner, take any of that as a sign that they actually have a Customer Service issue?

Obviously not, based on their responses on Facebook, and their responses here.

Such a pity ...

CTH8R

A nice, short comment.

There might well be another 899 similar comments out there!

{Imagine the sound of cherries being picked. Many, many, many cherries ...}

Vanessa F.: Hmmmm....They always seem stupid about returns there, Walmart- return it anytime, anywhere, and in any condition

CTH8R

898 ... LOL!

---

Serge F.: I am the one to believe to make an effort to buy local and at best support Canadian Company.

As such on 17 of May 2013, I purchased a 4 Cycles Gas Troybilt Trimmer, model TB525EC (Serial number 1D262DZ1314) at the Canadian Tire of Wasaga Beach, Ontario.

Product not recommended – after 10 days of purchase and 2 usages.
It take a while before the trimmer can run or idle without continuously stalling. Not user friendly. (Do not meet my expectation)

Canadian Tire Store Wasaga Beach On, Not recommended (Poor customer service)
After 2 attempts with a customer care attendant and the Manager at Canadian Tire, they will not honor a return on the product but refer me instead to a authorized repair center.

Troybilt – product not recommended and Poor Customer service. I have contacted the company and they stated as per company policy it cannot be returned and only repair will be cover.

It is sad too say, base on my experience, Wal-Mart and Costco do stand behind their products and they have always honor any returns when customer are not satisfied of their purchases and this without question.

Serge V.F.

CTH8R

A fun one:

John A.: Leaving yourself wide open here Canadian Tire. Do you really want me to write a review on the product I last bought... That I had to return 3 times??

CTH8R

Ginette L.: Canadian tire wrost place to shop no exchange they stink for camping gear no service Bathurst store canada

CTH8R

Pam A.: There is only one CT store in Lindsay, good customer service is basically non-existent. They don't give a rats whisker because they are the only store in town. Try to find a rep on the floor when you need one .... what a joke.

Pam A.: I paid $20.00 for a mop and it fell apart during the first use. They said I abused it so no refund and no exchange.

CTH8R

"Customer Service is very ...blah-blah-blah."

Chase B.: Well after 5 days I have lost hope of ever hearing from your customer support. What a joke. One again a piss poor effort put forth by you guys and this being after you tell me to contact your customer support to resolve the first set of bad experiences

Chase B.: A week has gone by. Still no customer service representative. You say customer service is important to you yet here we are.

CTH8R

Beverley J.: I bought 2 bags of scotts turf builder - didn't work-- bought 2 more - didn't work. Totally ticked off with over $160.00 spent on this grass seed (supposed to be a miracle grass seed) and won't ever buy it again, so if I win I will buy an air conditioner to make me at least sleep at night.