CTH8R

I read an interesting statement about this thread: "cherry pick a few upset customers".

Actually, that's backwards.

What would really take some effort, would be searching for posts from customers what are NOT upset.

In fact, the huge number and proportion of negative comments has even become, itself, a topic for further. Omens!

One poster even suggested that Crappy Tire should shut down their Facebook page altogether, to prevent these numerous complaints from being aired in a public forum!

And those are just the ones that Crapy DIDN'T delete!

"LOL Hilarious"!

CTH8R

Linda G.: bought cusinart bbq 3weeks ago still can't get igniter going sent for parts got 1wire needed 6 what a joke all parts should have been there to start with not a big runaround trying to get them

CTH8R

Sure are a lr of unhappy customers, who won't be clicking that Like button any time soon!

---

Pam H-B.: I am not a frequent shopper of CT however went there last week to get water softening salt that was advertised. As I know not every store carries it and I would have to travel about 20 minutes to get there in an Excursion I wanted to be sure. Here was the conversation,

Me: Do you have the water softener salt in stock that is advertised in the flyer?

CT: Yes

Me: Are you sure as I am driving in? I don't want the pool salt, can you double check?

CT: Yes, we have it.

Well I got there, spent about 20 minutes looking for it in the small cluttered Richmond store, then spent about 7 minutes more waiting in line at customer service, not to mention the additional time with the worker/manager ? Who told me they only have pool salt! I then asked if I could take the pool salt at the other price since I was very thorough in investigating before arriving. NOT A CHANCE.

I see CT you told someone customer service was very important and to go to a website and put in their concern. I will not be doing that as REALLY, what am I going to get out of it? More than likely, nothing.

Wasn't impressed.

CTH8R

Lisa R.: Can't seem to find where to write a review on the website. I just spent 1200$ on a bistro and conversation set and as I finished putting it together I noticed not one chair wasn't scratched!!! Sure I have a warranty but there goes three hours of my life plus I have to pack everything up and unload everything. I am not a happy camper. First and last time I buy patio furniture at your store!

CTH8R

Kayla C-B.: Am disappointed in the staff at my local store. I feel they could use a few lessons in customer service. And don't even get me started on the state of the parking lot. I need extra insurance just to drive in there.

CTH8R

Maddie L.: we bought one of those x hoses, the first one blew the minute we turned it on and the second one we bought split in half, hopefully you'll get some in again soon as I do really like them. But if they keep blowing not worth the headache

CTH8R

Julie D.-E.: Called to ask about a product and the guy from the seasonal department said he was too busy I would have to check for the product online.......really???!!!

CTH8R

Paul Y.: Wife was as asked to pay a supplemental fee at Newmarket CT when trying to exchange a gifted left hand baseball glove for a right hand one (the gift was purchased on sale). Phoned the manager yesterday who promised to call me back. Still waiting........

CTH8R

Rob A.R.: You are NOT alone Rob Ridley i hate the ads i get from anything anywhere in my maibox at my house or online including facebook.

CTH8R

Um, just in case anyone is trying to some how 'keep score' of CT's performance, using the Facebook posts that are captured here, keep this in mind ...

- there are a huge number of negative posts every day, and nobody has the kind of time it would take to copy them all.

- for instance, lots of the negative posts are about the web site itself, or the crappy on-line contests that always have problems, but these are no longer being recorded here.

- other whole categories of complaints are no longer being captured, like all the objections to CT paying Facebook to spam Canadians.

- Crappy Tire likes to delete negative comments. Some would call that task "maintenance", but others would call it 'dishonest".

- with so many negative comments appearing all day, every day, it is very easy for some of them to be simply over-looked.

- archiving these complaint is a pleasant hobby, and it can help debunk the myth that Canadian Tire cares about "strong Customer Service". But in the end, it's still only a part-time hobby, that hopefully benefits fellow Canadians.

- Customer Service at Canadian Tire is a corporate job, and clearly someone has either dropped the ball, or (more likely) they've made a decision to save money by providing crappy service, and hope that naive Canadians will still keep shopping there.

So, please don't fall into the trap of thinking, 'Gee, there are only 551 posts of complaints in 3 months, and only a half-dozen similar threads on this site. Canadian Tire must be an awesome store!"

Last edited:

CTH8R

They claim they want all reviews, both good and bad, but ...

Albert L.: I wrote a review but it got rejected because I said Simonz is a horrible product.

1wildhorse

what i personally find so funny on the facebook page is all the 'please contact customer services page,it means so much to us' kinda CRAP,but they never actually reply....im thinking it would be a good idea for facebook to incorporate a 'DISLIKE' hand or whatever,and see how the 2 actually tally up.

CTH8R

Sabine K.: Was not happy when I waited at the cash person paged paged as the code for the flood lite bulbs product code would not go in. In total they wasted 15 mins of my time to check out. Brampton. Ontario.

CTH8R

Guess they'll need to get to 900,000 without this lady's help:

Debbie C.:I don't like shopping at Canadian tire!!!!!

CTH8R

Or this guy:

Self M.K.: The employee help varies,this kid was helping me @ 2360 Eglinton ave west a few weeks ago UNTIL another employee which is his friend I guess came & told him WE are not supposed to help you look for auto parts because we work in hardware.The helpful kid left along with the lazy one & I later saw them in the parking lot shining up their car.They could have easily told me they were going to lunch but the lazy one's face I will never forget.All he needed was to tattoo LAZY on his forehead.He didn't even know the address of the store.

CTH8R

Or:

Mary M.: bought my hubby a chainsaw from C.T took it out of the package it had sawdust all over it ..= someone else headaches :S ...on returns you should be checking the items

CTH8R

Any bets on how long these comments stay up there? Should be forever, because Canadian Tire wrote, "We want to hear your feedback, good or bad, so that we can work on improving our products." We shall see ...

From https://www.facebook.com/Canadianti...00613754058.147633.90752524058&type=1&theater, at 3:45 today:

Dean D.: That sign in your store pisses me off to no end as well don't lie to people by saying you stand behind your product you clearly don't

Dean D.: U could have had a good review just by refunding me for the lemon chainsaw you sold me but instead your greedy and don't give a flying fck about customer service
I've contacted the Bbb and consumer rights
I hope every last one of your customers desert you and you go under