CT Challenger

Fascinating, the way the Crappy People try to avoid the mounting evidence of how much they suck, posted right on their own facebook 'fan' page daily.

One of their diversionary tactics is to completely ignore the flood of heart-wrenching and outrage-producing customer complaints being posted there. Instead the Crappy People look no further than the number of "Likes" they've received (and in some cases bought out-right), at the top of their facebook page.

But lets look more closely at the "almost 900,000 likes", shall we?

Over last 2 weeks, CT has averaged about 400 Likes per day. At that rate, CT won’t hit 900,000 until the end of September.

(If that's what CT means by “almost”, then be very cautious when any CT Reps says something such as “Your product or service is ALMOST ready" - that could well mean, “Come back at the end of the summer”.)

But how does that compare with other, similar companies? Is Crappy Tire really "Canada's Store"? Is CT really being embraced by a 'silent majority' of complaint-free Canadians?

One of CT’s main competitors is Walmart Canada, who have only been in business since the mid-90's, and have only been tracking Likes on facebook for a few years. So, how does Walmart Canada compare to CT? You might expect them to be clobbered by home-grown Crappy Tire and their hoard of patriotic supporters, right?

Right now, Walmart Canada has just over 718,000 Likes, which is less than CT’s 855,000. But the interesting thing is the number of Likes Walmart Canada gets on an average day: about 1100! At that rate, Walmart Canada won’t get to 900,000 until the end of November. But if they keep on getting 1100 Likes per day, to CT’s 400, then Walmart Canada will catch up to CT by the end of the 2013.

Congratulations, Walmart Canada for winning the hearts of Canadians!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

More reactions to CT's ill-advised "Your Dad wants tools, not hugs" campaign:

Tim E.: Wow that is just wrong. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot. What next? "Honey I traded in the kids for the new 26 Gallon Mastercraft Air Compressor with blah blah blah specs, it's so worth it"

Last edited:

CTH8R

Tim E.: Even lifetime warranties. Canadian Tire never required receipts for lifetime warranties, until now. Some guys that have 20 to 30 year old hand tools are SOL

CTH8R

Quite the series of posts:

Randy P.: Brockville has the absolute worst Canadian Tire. They rarely have anything of the flyer items in stock – even on the first day of the sale. They always say that they must be sold out of that specific item. This will be on the first day of the sale when the door first opens. They don’t even bother to stock items. I have no idea why the manager is still there. Canadian Tire is not what it used to be. It’s total frustration dealing with them. Thank god for Home Depot and Home Hardware.

Leonard L.: @ Canadian Tire - His info is there. The best method to customer service is direct response, not deflection to your email address. He is here, engage and resolve. That would be the best no? 'Simply love being referred to another department'!

Randy P.: The Canadian Tire in Brockville could care less. I have complained. It doesn't matter though. I shop at Home Hardware now. Better products - better service. I also happen to be a contractor and I steer clients away from CT. It's pretty much a company on the way out anyway - at least in Brockville. It's run by a bad franchisee with bad management. Home Depot, Home Hardware and even Walmart offer way better service.

Jimmy W.: i certainly agree with you randy !!! yorkton sask. is another idiot place. i bought a new riding lawn mower there this past friday. paid $1100 cash with taxes plus about $100 of instore items. mower wouldn't start - they said battery was dead. i told them to go and get a new battery off the shelf and send that one back to get a replacement. they wouldn't do it so i got my money back and told them i'm never dealing there again.how stupid can the manager be as to lose a sale of $1200 just over a new lawn mower battery.

Jimmy W.: all you have to do sir is call yorkton sask. store and ask them for their story.it won't make a difference what they might tell you. i was telling you the truth. i also mentioned to them that i would never buy or even visit any canadian tire store ever again and i meant it. i bought a snow blower from them last year for a $1000.00 and had no problem with it - however, i was very disappointed to drive 50 miles there and 50 back without a machine. wasted my time and gas which i can hardly afford as i am an old age pensioner. you just lost a customer for life. there are many other stores that sell lawn mowers who would bend over backwards for a customer so as they would be satisfied and have them return and continue to purchase their products. nothing you could say or do will change my mind. -- best to you and your company in the future.

CTH8R

More failing at finances and points:

Bill P.: Also, this big corporation employees and educates young people to run around their stores, and promise customers, three times the points on their loyalty card, and its all a lie, and when you complain to to customer service, all they say is call home office, buts ok, I received another credit card which I shreded, Thankyou, Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Definitely NOT one of the "almost 900,000":

Keith M.: Canadian tire sucks!!!!! and there auto services are worse then monkeys banging on cars with rocks

CTH8R

Should the unhappy, soon-to-be-ex-customers of Crappy Tire bother to contact Customer Support?

Ern E.M.: They ain't gonna do nothing for you besides waste your time....

CTH8R

Several people aren't happy about the toxic products Crappy sells, too - not just in BC:

Mary J.J.: I see in your upcoming flyer that you are advertsing Round Up by Monsanto. It's time that you deleted this herbicide from your product line. People are becoming aware that this is a very dangerous product! My own mother died from non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma! Why spray this chemical on a few weeds instead of use boiling water or vinegar or pull them out? This chemical ends up in our ground water, and then in our water system. Please take the time everyone to read this article about the effects of ROUND UP: Health and Environmental Impacts of Monsanto's Roundup Pesticide

Owner 1

Her, too. Might soon be an addition to the Boycotter List at https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...-who-pledge-never-go-canadian-tire-again.html

Shari G.: Stop selling Roundup - until then I am an ex-customer!

LOL that's a consumer who has clearly chosen not to do her homework
Wonder where she's going to shop, as RoundUp is sold all over the place. Sorry Walmart, you can't have her business either.

I also wonder if she realizes that most crops are sprayed with RoundUp? Sorry about your lettuce

CTH8R

More car woes:

---

John N.F: Sorry for posting the truthl.

I just wanted to advise everyone that it is better not to repair your vehicle in Canadian Tire because:
1) They don’t know “What is the cause of the problem?”
2) They don’t know “How to fix the problem?”

3) They don’t know “How to deal with the customer?”
4) They don’t know “How to respect the customer?”
5) They are LIARS and They don’t say the truth to the customer.

I just had the worst customer experience I have ever had through my whole life during this week in Canadian Tire.

---

Gee, shouldn't he contact "Customer Service"?

John N.F.: I did already

CTH8R

Hey, Dean has a quick question about ATVs at Crappy tire:

Dean D.: Let me guess just like my chainsaw putting gas in it voids the warranty?

CTH8R

And he looks so happy in his Facebook profile picture. Must have been taken before he paid for the Crappy Bicycle:

Mark S.: CT just off Mayor McGrath in Lethbridge has made it possible for myself and my son to shop elsewhere. We bought a bike almost 2 weeks ago. Front rim was bent, they said Monday or Thursday it will be fixed. They since decided that since it was the only one of this model that they didn't need to fix it, or call us to say they didn't care.. So my son said fine, keep it... oh yeah, they cant refund MY card, even with all the info they have.. I guess I will have to drive 5 hours return trip to flash my damn card at a clerk... I called and asked for the GM, and he was (believe it or not) busy and I left my contact info... 4 days later he must still be busy... Wrote to CT head office... that was 4 days ago... they don't care either it would appear.. Hope you have better experiences.

CTH8R

Andrew L.: Nothing was ever done concerning my poor customer service, so why does Canadian tire pretend to care for customer service

CTH8R

On CT's advertised air mattresses - a summary of all the warnings about how quickly they will deflate, and how they are "non-returnable":

Daniel J.: They suck!!!!

CTH8R

Another ill-advised bicycle ad from Crappy Tire:

Shawn T.: This picture is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. Not one bike that CT sells could or will handle a trail or terrain like that! It is even labeled that they can't! Could very well be putting unsuspecting people in danger.

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... bicycles!

---

Shawn T.:

my bike was $600 ( Opus ), an entry level but it sits on good components, unlike a CT bike the crankset will be loose when you get it and will stay that way until all your bearing spill on the road leaving behind a un-fixable Bottom bracket.

You can say I have had my fair share of CT bike before I realized that quality of a cheap price it safer. And like I said, my was only 600$ with Avid BB7's, RockShox, and SRAM X4 setup... Just go to a real bike shop!

CTH8R

Ken M.: I have sent 2 email to customer service and not heard a damn thing back other than the computer automated reply

CTH8R

Jimmy W.: i certainly agree with you randy !!! yorkton sask. is another idiot place. i bought a new riding lawn mower there this past friday. paid $1100 cash with taxes plus about $100 of instore items. mower wouldn't start - they said battery was dead. i told them to go and get a new battery off the shelf and send that one back to get a replacement. they wouldn't do it so i got my money back and told them i'm never dealing there again.how stupid can the manager be as to lose a sale of $1200 just over a new lawn mower battery.

Jimmy W.: all you have to do sir is call yorkton sask. store and ask them for their story.it won't make a difference what they might tell you. i was telling you the truth. i also mentioned to them that i would never buy or even visit any canadian tire store ever again and i meant it. i bought a snow blower from them last year for a $1000.00 and had no problem with it - however, i was very disappointed to drive 50 miles there and 50 back without a machine. wasted my time and gas which i can hardly afford as i am an old age pensioner. you just lost a customer for life. there are many other stores that sell lawn mowers who would bend over backwards for a customer so as they would be satisfied and have them return and continue to purchase their products. nothing you could say or do will change my mind. -- best to you and your company in the future.

Advice to Jimmy:

Dave C.: "Contact Customer service" is as far into taking care of your problem as CT wants to get Jimmy. It would be far too much work for CT to go to your Facebook page, find your email address in your contact information and take the time to contact you with a solution to your problem to win you back as a customer.