CTH8R

More advice for CT. If they are like Moaner 1, though, it will sadly 'fall upon deaf ears'. Tsk-tsk ...

Barb P.: CT get your sales reps out into the field and see you store managers frequently, that's what you get paid for. Sitting behind a desk doesn't cut it. CT is customer based, get out of the office and go see your customers in the stores.

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at .... inventory control:

Chelsea A.: I am wondering how often the websites are updated to reflect whether something is actually in stock? I have an item showing in stock at 4 local locations, but after calling am told that is not the case. (including the store where I received the rain check).

CT Challenger

So many Canadians continue to take the time to warn their fellow shoppers about the perils of dealing with Canadian Tire.

I'm so proud of them, for helping get the word out!

Keep up the good work, Canadian Consumers!!!

CTH8R

I just noticed that the older https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ints-https-www-facebook-com-canadiantire.html thread was started just over a year ago.

So many compliants, and yet people reportedly keep shopping there!

Their poor customer service is becoming a part of our national landscape, but we still have so much more work to do, warning our fellow Canadians about the terrible return policies, and rip-off automotive service.

Let's hope that it won't take another full year for this to become common knowledge.

Because their slogan really should be, "We suck, but we're Canadian"

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... Father's Day (and pricing|!):

Sandy A.S.: Very disappointed with CT..gave my dad an early Father's Day gift to go pick up a pool you had on sale in your flyer and the manager said the price difference was too big for him to honour and that we needed to call Customer Service..now CS refuses to honour the deal stating they sent out notices of a correction to all stores. The manager (Mike) at the Bovaird & McLaughlin location was not aware of any corrections when spoken to on Saturday. Thanks Canadian Tire for making this Father's Day EXTRA SPECIAL! I will think twice about where I spend my money next time!

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at:
- Patio furniture.
- Standing behind their products (with missing parts).
- Refunds on "Seasonal" products.

Steve B.: Canadian Tire sells crap! 3 weeks ago bought some outdoor stuff that came with missing hardware. They won't do anything about that as I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for parts from the distributor in California. Thats half of the summer! I can't take it back because its a seasonal item and I can only get store credit. What am I going to do with $600 of store credit? Buy some more crap? Lesson learned. Stay away from Canadian Tire unless you're buying toilet paper or nails.

CTH8R

Until yesterday, Crappy Tire was trying to convince your children that Dads love power tools more than Dads love their kids.

Now, they are trying to convince everyone to love outdoor furniture.

Too bad for CT that Canadians have more depth than that:

Gerry J.: Canadian Tire is trying hard to get me to buy into the idea of having what is essentially an outdoor living room. Such a thing would be extraordinarily stupid given our short summer, extreme weather on the Prairies, prevalence of mosquitoes and security/ depreciation of outdoor furniture and accessories. I don't know who the target demographic is, but it sure as hell ain't me, because NONE OF THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE HERE in good ol' Edmonton.

CTH8R

Ekim doesn't realize that Crappy Tire's facebook page is already flooded with complaints, so there's no way they are going to encourage more negative comments. After all, they already have a full-time job hunting through all the threads to find the complaints & delete them.

(Although, having all the complaints and horror-stories in one place might make deleting them more efficient!)

Ekim B.P.: There is no ability to ask a question on this page? Thats to bad in these times of social media its nice to connect with your favourite stores to asking a question. Why would I "like" this page?

CTH8R

Because there is no 'general comments' thread for posting on CT's facebook page, people like Dean have to pick a random thread to post on.

Dean posted to the trampoline "Reach for the sky" thread:

Dean D.: I reach for refunds only

CTH8R

Ben S.: It help if your reps would help us find an item in the store or atleast act like they care very rude parts reps

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at .... (ironically) vacuum cleaners!

Donald M.: I was dismayed that Hoover Vacum head office said to return their substandard vacuum to the retailer!! I am surprised The Canadian Tire user reviews gave this vacuum a very good rating- what's up with that? I will buy a Dyson next time and re consider shopping at CT

CTH8R

Wow! Every time Canadian Tire pays Facebook to spam Canadians, there is a big back-lash.

But does that stop Crappy Tire? Apparently not. Let's see what public comments came up, as a result of all the money they spent:

Here are even more, fresh of the web-site:

Maureen L.: Canadian tire has the poorest customer service of any store.

Ellen M.P.: try WalMart -we had that problem and they exchanged it no questins asked

Cruickshank R.: Canadian Tire Customer Service people should be getting the buyers of those departments get in touch with their suppliers of said missing parts and have them shipped free of charge to customers home if the parts are missing. That is what good Customer Service is all about. You lost me for two years at the store where I live due to poor customer service. I know shop at home depot. Sorry but If the support is not there for the customer while the customer will go eleswhere.

Cruickshank R.: Remember CT without Customers you would not have a job. It should never take 4 to 6 weeks to get the parts. That company should be sending Steve Baumritter out the parts express paid. Hope this help you out Steve.

Cindy M.: You know what really sucks, is that they now are not allowing you to speak your mind. I have tried twice now, block!

Aga M.T.: Garden Canadian Tire in Trenton On in looks teribbly...sick flowers, very often dry flowers, knocked on the ground, mislocated tent-rain pours on my head.Every year the same thing.

Cindy M.: The staff and management at the Dryden, ON Canadian Tire, suck! They are so rude and disrespectful of us, the paying customer. It is like it is a bother to ask for customer service from them.

Rosemary H.: Went to s'ville newfoundland to buy some tall trees and they are very droopy and unattractvie looking, all for the lack of watering, and still wants full price.

Steve B.: Dear Customerservice @ canadiantire.com The reason I'm so angry with Canadian Tire is that here on the public forum you're telling me to contact you but I already have and you turned me away! I'll try AGAIN.

Terry R.: same here in picton half the time you can,t get any service aisles always cluttered with stuff and staff chatting

Cindy M.: You suck Canadian Tire!

Money well spent, Crappy Tire!

Thanks for helping get the word out, via 'social media'!

LMFAO!

CTH8R

There were a few more of the over-night complaints - and Crappy Tire basically paid to have these appear there!

For example, this response appeared to the copy-and-paste "Strong customer service is important" message:

Chelsea A.: ^They say that to everybody. I kinda think they made a mistake making this page...doesn't look good on them.

---

"LOL Hilarious!"

Last edited:

CTH8R

CT has even more ironic vacuum suckage:

Michael T.V.D.H.: Yeah they sold my business in Nanaimo a broken Vacuum, would not refund us our money back, said we could only get the same POS Shocked they would not be any more helpful,

CTH8R

Paul E.: I have officially UNLIKED Canadian Tire. i know they are just a company like any other but they were so Canadian,and part of my heritage, that it PAINS me to say it but they have taken a BAD DIRECTION.
the last 5 times i have gone in for what should have been a normal hardware item, i have come out disgusted by all the crap they sell INSTEAD. they are trying PATHETICALLY to be another Walmart.
the only two factors that made me choose them the last few times were the desire for them to redeem themselves....and the HOT DOG CART out front

CTH8R

Florence C.: gave up on canadian tire years ago as no one will wait on you and it is a known fact with everyone you speak with on PEI.also can,t get up the main Aisle of the store as it is jam packed.

CTH8R

Noreen M.:They seem to keep on repeating this mantra "Strong customer service etc etc" Is it a real person answering or just some bot that is triggered by certain words? I think it's the latter.

Donna K.: stop selling roundup!

Colleen G.: Consider yourself boycotted until you stop selling Round Up!

(Our old buddy) Dean D.: Did the first puck drop void the warranty?

Tamara T.: I just read an email from your company defending the safety of roundup. What the hell?!? Please do a google search and realize you are selling poison to your faithful customers! They don't know any better but it's in your shelves so you certainly should!

Victoria P.: I emailed Customer Service a week ago and haven't heard anything

Last edited:

CTH8R

Not everybody like the re-branding of the Ottawa arena:

Len R.: Until a higher bidder comes along! It has nothing to do with having the name "Canadian" in the naming of this building! It's all about money and how much they can grab from anyone! Do we see other sports franchise bidding off their team buildings to the highest bidder, continually!!!!!!!!!! Shame