CT Challenger

It’s interesting that the majority of complaints on Crappy Tire's own Facebook page, aren't actually about poor customer service, as defined by Canadian Tire.

No, the complaints are mostly about the poor policies that Crappy Tire has put in place, and are being followed to the letter by the Crappy Dealers.

For instance, at any other major Canadian Retailer, customers would be justifiably outraged to be told, "Sorry it was defective right out of the box, when you bought it this morning, but you own it now, so you'll have to take it across town for warranty repairs".

But at Canadian Tire? That's just routine.

Similarly with those items that were procured by Crappy Tire under an "As-Is" warranty (i.e., "No Warranty, Non-Returnable"). In that case, people who chose poorly by buying from The Red Triangle of Crap, wouldn't even get the across-town repair-option. You bought it, you own it - sorry if it was a dud! But luck, for you!

Or this all-too-common event, over at CT:. "Gee, sorry you didn't like it when you got home, but you tried it out, so now the warranty is void, and we won't take it back, as it's no longer re-sellable".

Or even worse: "Gee, sorry you went ahead and opened the package. But that made it instantly non-returnable, even though it was never ever used. I guess you'll have to sell it on e-Bay".

Not something you'll ever hear at Costco, Home Depot, or even the much-maligned Walmart Canada.

But at CT? Perfectly allowable, under their insane (non)Return Policies.

Now, here’s the REAL mystery:

Why do the people who monitor the Canadian Tire Facebook page even bother to write, “Please contact Customers Service”?

That's just a total waste of everybody's time, because Customer Service is just going to say, “Yup, that’s our policy. Sorry you don’t like it!”

And why don't they just come out and say that, right there on Facebook?

Why don't they just be up-front, and tell Canadians what their policies REALLY are, instead of hiding it?

Seems obvious that they lose a lot of customers, once a customer has figured out (often the hard way) what the polices really are.

Indeed, I don't care how many buildings they put their name on: the money they are using, was unjustly taken from Canadians in the first place.

And shame on Canadian Tire, for trying to deceive Canadians in this devious manner!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Hatred:

Philip H.:
Want something you don't really need? Go to JYSK.
Need quality Canadian building supplies with great customer service; RONA is the place to be.
For low quality goods, customer service and poor car care; Canadian Tire is your place..!
Canadian Tire; the kings of multimedia and the joker of service.

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... refund cards.

How, exactly, did they pay to re-brand the arena?

Mike M.: Must have used the money they stole from me by expiring my refund card!!!!! Way to go Canadian Tire, like stealing your customers money????

Mike M.: Don't try to use a refund card to buy it. I tried yesterday and they said it was expired. Thanks you thieves. Do you like stealing my money?????!!!!! Thought that was illegal. Guess they found a loophole to be asshol...s

CTH8R

CT invested in some arena or other ...

Lisa M.: if only your stores put the same investment in customer service!! Thanks for the automated replies I get which don't address my concerns at all! and thanks for ordering products for me twice and not telling me they were on backorder for months two weeks after I expected them to arrive. Your response that store have their own policies is ridiculously LAME ... large corporations should have some consistent standards and accountability!!!!

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at .... canoes (if they have the same 'warranty' as gas powered lawn equipment):

Dean D.: It probably voids warranty as soon as it touches water

CTH8R

Canadian Tires sucks at .... sleeping bags (if their descriptions actually match their business practices):

Chris R.: Rectangular, mummy or barrel??? That is how Canadian Tire wants to deal with those of us who complain about being ripped off by the incompetent technicians and staff and managers at their stores. How do you want to be put under???

CTH8R

A lot of comments about CT's practice of searching children's backpacks:

Dominique S.P.: Question for my lawyer friends, if i have any ;-)
I'm standing with my sons at the Canadian Tire paying for merchandise. My 13 yr old son has his schoolbag on his back and he is talking to me as I am paying. The cashier who can'y be more than 16 tells my son, totally acting as if I am not there that she has to search his bag... He hands to her before I have time to say anything and she rifles through his bag, not finding anything of course. When we left I told my kids they have rights and that not just anyone is allowed to search their bag just like that. They told me it happens to them all the time «that it is a law...» That i know nothing about the law and that things have changed since «my days» LOL. So what is the law? I don't think any 16 yr old cashier can just ask anyone to look through their bag especially a minor that is with his father, without notifying the parent first...

Katherine J.H.: This is so wrong! Unless he was seen doing something - which I doubt he was - he was an under-aged child with a parent (whose presence was disregarded). It is not something that is done at the cash desk in front of other customers - especially by a cashier. Is that not what a security office is for. I would hope this is an isolated incident and not store-wide practice, and that head-office takes this incident seriously!

Chris R.: Without probable cause or reason they cannot do that. Period! You should say NO and if they insist, ask them to call the police..once the police are involved a report must be written up by the police. Take this police report and take Canadian Tire to court for false arrest or false detainment. Your privacy has been invaded, you have been embarrassed and harassed for no justifiable reason....DO NOT let them get away with that. Canadian Tire ripped me off charging my wife 99.00 to diagnose a dead battery only one year old even though the battery came with a nine year warranty. Manager was insulting and ignorant of my complaint...and no one at Canadian Tire cares. Never shop there again. Never!

Joshua W. D.: Dominique they cannot just go through your bags. You have the right to say no and they have to honor that.

CTH8R

Gordon G.: I bought a patio set 2 weeks ago, spent 3 hours putting the 2 chairs and the coffee table together, had a paid rain check for the love seat. Got a call today that they don't have anymore, and they will refund the love seat. What the heck am I going to do with 2 chairs and a coffee table. This sucks, it never fails with Canadian Tire to screw you when you need them to step up to the plate. They really piss me off.

CTH8R

Denis D.: most all Canadian tire stores are like that,very unconcerned cutomer service,ct is really lacking with decent staff

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... Home Installations:

Osha W.: CT Home Installation -- stay far away. These people are awful installers. Don't waste your money.

CTH8R

Francis R.: In Montreal Canadian Tire stores, if you buy a set pool balls, employees might report you to the police as if you'd be a dangerous criminal. True story. Seriously WTF ? I'm never going back to ANY of your stores. Be glad I don't call the press.

Francis R.: because apparently some people throw pool balls at the cops during protests... this totally ridiculous. might as well report anyone buying kitchen knives or camping gear... btw I was buying them for an actual pool table.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Another person who didn't click the Like button:

Elaine F.: whats to like .......... you can never get waited on & when you get someone the item you want is gone or it was on sale last wk or what ever..... never go there anymore they r useless. home hardware, or depot, or anyplace is better than CT.the people that run that place should go back to training school for a while. it is terrible

CTH8R

And another:

Jackie S.: Never fails @CanadianTire: whatever store I visit in Vancouver, I get horrible customer service from incredibly RUDE staff! EVERYTIME! Clearly, you do not teain your staff well b/c nit only are they rude, theyre unknowledgeable re company policies and practices. As a CDN born and raised citizen who grew up with CDN tire, I have witnessed a horrible decline. Goodbye Canadian Tire, I've had it

CTH8R

Joelle S.: I did contact customer service department at the head office and got no satisfaction there. A very hallow apology . It's unfortunate that a Canadian company cares so little about customer's concerns.

CT Challenger

An interesting thing about the number of "Likes" the Crappy Tire has gotten on Facebook.

Today, they started a new promotions to encourage people to Like their web site:

- "Like" if you love to eat more than you love to cook! Find Kitchen Appliances, Bathroom Decor, Dinnerware Sets and more | Canadian Tire (287 Likes)

Now, shouldn't those 287 Likes really be subtracted for their total?

Because those 287 people aren't saying they Like Crappy Tire.

Those people are only saying that they "love to eat more than you love to cook".

Because, we know from past experience that Crappy People like to distort and deceive, and will soon be claiming that 900,000 people Like their Crappy Stores and Crappy service.

This false claim will be used to justify their refusal to provide decent customer service, get rid of the horrific "Repair Only Warranty", and to bring themselves up to the minimal standards provided by every other major Canadian retailer.

Oh well - it now looks like they won't him the magic 900,000 until some time in September/October.

And we can let them continue to bury their collective heads in the sand, about just how much Canadians are starting to hate them.

CTH8R

Regarding CT's message to "Enjoy Summer (by purchasing our Crap):

Jackie S.: @CanadianTire, would love too...but who's got time? Your staff at both the Cambie (VAN) and Market Crossing (BBY) wasted too much of my valuable time. J Mark, not surprising. I don't know if I've ever come across one, professional staff member at CT. Correction, at least one manager...after he had to fix a screw-up. I've never felt staff have appreciated my business. I blame CT on not training their staff properly on cust/serv or paying them enough. Their attitudes are a reflection of low staff morale...which goes back up to the top (mgmt).

CTH8R

J Mark W.: Jackie I have to agree with you. Over the years the quality of service and staff has gone downhill. Alot. I bought a set of tires from the Preston Crossing store in Saskatoon a while back. Paid extra for the free replacement warranty. Had repeated problems with the tires not running true and subsequently not holding their balance. Finally went back a week ago and asked to have two of the tires warranteed. They inspected them, agreed that the uneven wear on the tires was a result of a defect in manufacture, and warranteed them. Then the tech "decided" my van needed a wheel alignment, and when I told them it didn't they wrote on my service order that I had refused the wheel alignment! I asked how they determined it needed a wheel alignment. The reply was that it was due to the wear on the tires they warranteed! So I asked how it was possible that the tires, which they agreed were defective and caused the uneven wear, could suddenly have wear on them caused by a misalignment on my vehicle! Here comes the best part....my free replacement warranty wasn't free at all! They charged me to mount and balance the two tires they replaced, charged me an enviro tax on each tire, charged me AGAIN for the free replacement warranty on EACH tire, and charged me for "shop supplies" on top of it all!!!! They presented me with a bill for almost $85 (which by the way is MORE than the price of one tire), and even though I was either in the store or in the waiting room the entire time, at no point did ANYONE come to talk to me or explain to me they were going to charge me like this to replace my defective tires that THEY sold me. So they present me with this bill. And then hold my van hostage until I pay it, and conveniently, the manager of the service department was out of the store! Not at all happy about this, have told ALL my family, friends, coworkers, and Facebook friends about my experience. Trust me, not only is this the LAST set of tires I will ever buy from Canadian Tire, it is quite probably the last time I will ever buy ANYTHING from them. The attitude of the people in their service department was they thought they knew everything there was to know about what they thought was wrong with my vehicle, and I was an idiot! I've been servicing my own vehicles longer than most of them have been alive, and I certainly dont appreciate being treated like that by kids less than half my age!

J Mark W.: You can look me up on Facebook and send me a PM if you like very easily. A past email about a different problem fell on deaf ears and went unanswered, so...

CTH8R

Hmmm .. Gonna be a couple days yet before this thread breaks into the Top Ten.

I bet Trevor and The Moaner One won't like it much when THAT happens!

CTH8R

Pierre R.: It was on special in may we got a rain check ... Did not hear nothing so last week we called to find out that it will be here mid august lol ... And canadian tire still advertise it on special i find it the most stupid thing i have ever seen but whatever we will go T walmart and buy one there thanks ! Or maybe we could get it for next winter lmfao i guess they only sell tires !!