CTH8R

Hey, under the Consumer Protection Act, isn't this misrepresentation?

Lynette P.: Yesterday I purchased touch up paint for a scratch on my car. The assistant gave me the one he said would be the same colour. When I tried it on the car it was obviously a different colour so I tried to return it today but they refused me a refund because the package was opened. $9.99 for nothing. Thanks for nothing Canadian Tire.

I wonder how much they will lose in future sales, not just from Lynette, but from people who read her story, and decide to shop less at Crappy Tire?

I bet it costs them more than the wholesale price of a $10 item!

CTH8R

Yet another Shark vacuum. No refund, but at least it's Exchange Only, not Repair Only.

It sounds like it can't pick up much dirt. Does that mean it sucks, or it doesn't suck?

Either way, you won't get any money back, unless you file a lawsuit ...

Susan A.: I have one, it doesn't have any suction power, it's going into the garbage where it belongs.

Gail Ken P.: Mine is the same, no suction waste of money.

Last edited:

CTH8R

A "Canadian Moment", indeed:

But I'll bet Fred won't be winning any trips with his sad story:

Fred S.: Well my moment was not very good in Lindsay Ontario. I was given the wrong light for my car, I clearly removed a 9005 , and was given a 9006 that will not even plug into my car. So my moment is not very pleasant, as I now have to spend 10 dollars in gas to replace a 10 dollar light

I hope he didn't open the package - these stores seem to find any excuse to refuse $10 returns, when it was their own mistake in the first place!

Yikes!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Crappy is again making a big deal about "What it menas to be Canadian", "Canadian Moments" and "Proudly Canadian".

Not everybody is buying into it, though:

Linda C.: can't say I like Canadian TIre

Paul A.: maybe ctc shold sell more goods made in CANADA instead of china AKA china tire corp

Bill W.: Everything produced by this company is Chinese,they also steal Canadian patents change some details & proclaim these products as their own..This corporation has no soul....

Grace L.: it's about freedom of speech, it's about past experiences with this corporations and how one feels about what they've seen, heard and had happen to them or their town, or their neighbourhood.

Grace L.: As much as I would like a trip across Canada, I would be physically ill to say I liked this corporation..

Debra R.: my canadian tire means when you can't find it which is most of the time go to your local HOME HARDWEAR!!

Christian L.: ..Like when they sold me the wrong part for my car, at 20:50 on a blistering -23° wednesday evening.. So I missed a day of work and had to go back to the store and argue with a 17 year-old guy at the counter, who did'nt believed me it was the wrong part... I'm sorry I did'nt took a picture...

Shannon N.: Canadian moment???? y is all your stuff made in china?????

Stephen-andCathie D.: Like waiting at the parts counter for 1/2 an hour only to be told, we can order it for you.

Ruth E.: is anything actually made in Canada in Canadian Tire. I bet you a beer you can't find 1 fuckin thing

Margaret L.: I don't like Canadian Tire. They used to be something & lost it.

Richard M.: it means not buying Chinese tools at your store

Brent B.: To me, it means selling Canadian made products to Canadians! Try it! It really is a better option! In this economy, I want every dollar I spend, to help my fellow Canadians. Not to leave the Country!

Richard A.: Proudly Canadian with 95% chinese made products, I don't see any pride in that.

Allan M.: I support Canada in every way I can. that is why I do not spend much money at canadian tire they support China every way they

Another vote against Shark vaccuums:

Marsha H.: I have one too, no suction sitting in the closet

And, Deserae K. continues their battle for reasonable compensation for Crappy's screw-up:

Deserae K.: It means when you BACK MY TRUCK INTO A TRAILER YOU FIX IT!!!!! What is wrong with you people??????

Deserae K.: Canadian Tire, thank you for your response. I have been in contact with your corporate office and I have been told its best if I start the small claims court process. Maybe social media will be the tool needed to bring some common sense to the situation.

CTH8R

Hard to stay on top of these "Happy 90th" messages:

George Y.: Being Canadian, the choice of where to shop. I would like to thank the Canadian Tire location at 2305 MCPHILLIPS ST, WINNIPEG, MB for saving me $120. I went in there on Monday looking to buy a 18 volt cordless drill/flashlight combo set. They had a Hitachi set I was interested in buying. After waiting for a half hour for someone to open the display case so I could purchase one with no one showing up I walked out and went to Sears where they had 19.2 volt drill/flashlight combo set for the same price $199.99. Now 1.2 volts isn't going to make any difference in my life but what the salesman told me would and did. He told me that the combo kit would be going on sale this Friday for $79.99. Guess where I bought my drill today and saved $120.00.

CTH8R

The topic of upcoming sales was discussed:

Canadian Tire: HI Les Lammerth, we can't tell you in advance when our products will go on sale, but keep an eye on our weekly flyers!

George Y.: Sears Canada has no problem telling you when something is going on sale in a week or two.

Proudly Canadian:

Dustin W.: Does Canadian Tire sell anything actually manufactured in Canada? My favourite is the shelf unit I bought that didn't include all of the necessary components.

CTH8R

Some catching up:

Mirta F.: i stop taking my car to canadian tire because they dont care about a lady with an accent .. actually they lauugh at me.. no more

Roadside:

Vince B.: ..You are not alone in this. My 97 VW Jetta had a timing belt slip and I landed at a CTC repair shop. One month, $3000 and 5 blatant lies later I got my car back. The gist, CTC took it to a VW dealer to rebuild the engine a second time because they blew it the first time. I only found out because the VW Dealers card was left in the side door pocket. A phone call confirmed the final lie, "That CTC fixed the car." The owner of the CTC outlet had been backing his mechanic & supervisor as they were giving him a crock of **** as well as to me & the VW Dealer. The supervisor and mechanic are gone, no apology received, no rebate on flawed service. Having said all that, other repair facilities have tried to do the same to me. You don't have to know what a dipstick is in your engine, just whether or not the one fixing your car is a dipstick.

CTH8R

Take a trip down Crappy Tire's "Memory Lane"? Well, I still remember when they DIDN'T suck!

And I clearly remember the first time I witnessed someone being victimized by the new "Repair Only" policy.

Here's another recollection:

Steve H.: The lack of service in the Chilliwack store is astounding. When I called for availability on a product and price, the person in sports replied saying she was busy, as am I as I am working today, she then hung up on me. I will go to a local independent

On that mountain-top bike:

Seamus N.: Not on your pedal bikes!

Nick S.: I'm guessing he's not riding a bike purchased from canadian tire...

Daniel M.: A Canadian Tire bike will naver do some thing because I all was work on these bike every day (You need to upgrad this bike from the ground up to do some thing like this)

Ian A.: Canadian tire bikes aren't that good... Like Daniel said...

Ger G.: If you like to keep replacing parts.....

Cecile M L.: Canadian Tire's big 90th anniversary sale is a farce went to get a collector's truck when store open and as usual there were no trucks .I wonder where the manager keeps those things that go on sale.

Speaking of bicycles, what's up with the July picture abd posts being all showing up again in September?

Sherry G.: Are these people riding home at almost dark because their CT bikes kept breaking down? the chains probably slipped off numerous times making them late to their destination. And are they on the sandy beach so when the breaks fail or seize up they have somewhere soft to land?

Last edited:

CTH8R

Contest:

Allan M.: It's probably like everything else from canadian tire comes from china

Gord R.: Canadian Tire rips off consumers by not having an adequate number of 90 th anniversary trucks in their stores in Southern Ontario. All stores sold out within 20 minutes of opening computer on hands terribly inacurate

Veronica L.: sorry dont want anything to do with Can tire

Bicycle:

Brad : the funny thing is canadian tire does not sell a single thing in this ad. Thats what happens when they put students to work

CTH8R

Most of the complaints lately continue to be about their crappy online contests that don't work - like their online store that only sells tires - and can't even do that, LOL!

This post echoes the poor service in stores:

Jenn L.: Canadian Tire, I emailed to the email you provided days ago and rudely no response. Exactly what I figured would happen, I am more than disappointed :(

Now, on the DIY thread:

Gail D.: yeah .. but try to get in-store help .... spotty... :)

CTH8R

Their "first permanent store" with rent of $150:

Mikayla M.: That is probably when Canadian tire actually gave good service, and didn't sell cheap junk...

Greg H. I wonder if the original staff knew anything about the products they sold....

Bryan Winters: rent must be awfull high now as there Prices are out of control might as lell go to home depot same difference................

CTH8R

Not everybody is "celebrating" the 90 Years of Crap:

James S.: I rather go at home hardware than canadian tire

Bill N.: They would be better if they went union

Anne B.: That is awesome, but I bet it had better service that CT has now.

Marc V.: They need to go back to what they had started, its not a grocery store or furniture store !\

CTH8R

For lack of a better place, this is on the Ladders thread:

Geraldine G.: Very, very bad customer service at New Glasgow, NS CT store!!

(Or maybe the very, very bad customers service was in regards to a ladder?)

CTH8R

Poor customer service on auto,parts at this store:

Norma V.: So off I go to the new store in port coquitlam today. I have to replace one of the bulbs in my head lamp, bought the bulb at the Canadiantire store tried to put it in and the couldn't get the light in. So I go into the service dept and ask if they could help me??? the guy tells me yes but it will cost you, so I say ok how much?? He tells me $28.50 I was shocked I remember Canandian Tire being a helpful store, well this just sealed it for me, there are only money hungry people out there now, I told him no thanks,another person helped with the light and it took him about a minute and a half to to push the bulb in and turn it into place, in the parking lot. Oh yeah I am a woman and I have really bad arthritis in my hands so couldn't turn the bulb. Thinking if you are making 28.50 to install one bulb thats insane. Thanks for nothing!!!!

CTH8R

Crappy says, "Changing your car's oil regularly is ... vital".

An (ex)customers says:

Tim B.: Also Vital is NOT letting Canadian Tire Service Centres touch your car!

CTH8R

Hmmmm....

Also on the 'oil changes are vital ... to our profit margins' thread, we have the copy-and-paste, one-size-fits-all generic 'apology' from Crappy Tire:

Canadian Tire: Hi Louise T. We are very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us. We consider our customers to be a top priority. Please contact us at customerservice@canadiantire.com and we will be in touch with you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

But what's very strange is, the original post has somehow disappeared from the Crappy facebook page. An accidental act of 'maintenance', no doubt.

But Louise then took the time to post this follow-up:

Louise T.: Indeed, I have sent you an email regarding my experience. I have never...ever...felt so humiliated and taken advantage of in any retail establishment as I did this evening.

Yikes! Must have been pretty bad!

CTH8R

Oil Changes are Vital:

Diane P.: I wouldnt take another vechilt to be repaired at any Canadian tire. After the way I was treated.. I was made to feel like I was a dumb women to take advantage of... 900 was quoted to fix my car and I knew there was no way so pull the car out of the shop took it down the street to budjet brake and muffler who fixed my problem for under 300.. Yah you read it right. They refused to give the diagnostic report that I had to pay for to have my car released.. Ever since then The canadian tire in coquilam on burnette hwy gets a F. and when I hear a vechile going over there I sstop them..

CTH8R

Not sure what the following has to do with decor: "gooseneck faucets make it easy to manoeuvre things in and out of the sink" ...

Rob T D.: Just like their return policy, their spelling is also terrible. M-A-N-E-U-V-E-R, NOT M-A-N-O-E-U-V-R-E.

CTH8R

Regarding 90 years (of crap):

Danny R.: Why go there. Every time I try for parts they have no idea what brakes are

George H.: That is when CTire had good customer service.

Aurèle D.: when you go at store they never have whats on special even in the morning of the sale..so what the use of shopping there.Plus since theres a new owner theres no service and ppl working there have no more smile...used to do my mech there but no more sorry and i try to shop elsewhere,sorry but its not my fav store anymore.

Brakes:

Les L.: I always do maintainence on the whole fleet twice a year. Keeps them totally reliable that they never will see a shop, especially Canadian tires incompetent mechanics that are only good to do tires.
Nathalie Leclaire-Roy: I got my brakes serviced there and now they thudder.

$50 Contest:

Ron C.: Why bother? I can get a $50 gift card just as easily by returning something valued at $50 that doesn't work. (You know, instead of getting a cash refund, like most reputable companies would give.)