CTH8R

Somebody who's initials are Carol W. said CT has a "no hassle return policy". WTF????

We'll let Toby take this one ....

Toby S.: No hassle return policy , NOT!!. I bohght a dyson Vacuum cleaner at CT, tried to return it because I didnt like the product, they wouldnt take it. Said I had to contact Dyson. I contacted Dyson, they said because their was nothing wrong with the product I had to return it to CT. Bottom line, Im stuck with a product that I dont like & it cost me $400.00. Bought it specifically at CT because of the return policy! !

CTH8R

The Power of Spam ... to illicit negative comments from a diverse body of unhappy Canadian (ex)customers!

Michael G.: Canadian tire sells an inferior product equal in quality to dollar store.
Costco/Home Depot loyalty here for superior product and service.

CTH8R

A common complaint, both on CT's own Facebook page, and elsewhere, is the ridiculously poor quality of their products.

But there's another, related complaint that hasn't been getting much 'air time' here. It isn't about their service or policies, but we hear it frequently.

Many Canadians expect a store called Canadian Tire to carry mostly Canaian-made products. Or at least carry a wide variety of 'home-grown' products. Customers understandably expect a store with 'Canadian' in the name, and a store that asks for our business based on Canadian patriotism and loyalty, to favor Canadian products, even if they are not the absolute cheapest goods that are available on the International market.

But it is a common experience for Canadian consumers to walk down the aisles and see product after product that is made in Asia, especially China.

Indeed, Crappy Tire has strong ties to Asian manufacturers, even setting up offices in China to ensure that Asian products are manufactured at the lowest possible price, regardless of how Crappy those products are, and then slap on The Seal of Disapproval: Yard Works. Simoniz. Job Mate. Master Craft. Moto Master.

Here is a typical example of what Canadian consumers see as the County of Origin of most of the Crappy Products:

Alan M.: Canadian tire is so cool... almost everything is made in China but yet it still has Canada in the name... how awesome is that!? Way better than calling it Chinadian Tire.

CTH8R

Yeah! What HE said, LOL!

Gary V.: Has there never been junk mail in your mail box at home that you wished you could do something about? The price to pay for having an ad with a comment box attached to it. "Hyuck, hyuck...I'm gonna take an ad out where people can say how much they dislike my store"....Here's your sign!

CTH8R

CT sucks at ... Car Ports (which they decided to advertise on their Facebook page):

Susan H.: Very disappointed in this company. Purchased a car port for my 80 yr old father who lives out of town and the whole hardware package was missing. He already disassembled the kit, and lives out town. Much to my dismay, I politely called the store and told them of such.... Rude, No help at al!! Unsympathetic to his health issues and out of town address. They told me to run around and look at other stores etc. etc.. Well, the first seventy dollars was not enough, so just purchased more bolts, stakes etc at another $59.00 at Rona... Such uncaring staff and Management. Manager could not have cared less about my purchase for my 80 year old father. Shame on this store and their staff. I guess they like 80 yr old men with health issues to do a lot of driving!

Murray Y.: Some of the tarp garage.s are not worth putting up they will last 6 months then they tear the one I have it is taped up no snow sit.s on it

CTH8R

Jazle D.C.: I went to your Crowchild branch hoping to buy Mastercraft 7.5A Impact Wrench - Product #54-3182-0

When I came there the sales person told me that this item is discontinued already and that they don't have stock.

I'm confused because on your website it say they have stocks available.

Don't know who is telling a lie, your website or the sales person.

CTH8R

David N.: Good day, I write to you today to lodge a complaint regarding your Simoniz product, the 1800 psi pressure washer. I feel cheated and mislead by your company because you stock your shelves and advertise this product - even going to the extent of placing it on sale - knowing that there are quality issues with the product. I own every Simoniz car product that you carry, so please rectify this matter or you'll lose a long time Canadian Tire customer and Simoniz supporter. My pressure washer, after being used only handful of times, have started to gush water from where the hose is connected to the inlet of the machine. I've tried to remedy this matter by calling Simoniz 1-866# but they told me that since the warranty has expired that there's nothing they can do. Please advise what it is that I should do!

And after getting no response:

David N.: CT should stand behind any product they sell. If an American company such as Costco can do it, why can't a Canadian company do the same? Unless they're purposefully trying to encourage more ppl to shop elsewhere!!!

CTH8R

A response to the hunting ad: CT sucks at ... charging extras on your CT Credit Card:

Ron B.: Canadian Tire hunts through your credit card. They decide what you need and then use your card. You find out what you got by checking your statement. They provided me with at least 3 road assistant plans that I never wanted.

CTH8R

Frank C.:

I would be whipping my yard into shape right now but my leaf blower needs a spark plug because the one in there now is
fauled. When i got to Canadian Tire at 170 Avenue Lépine, Buckingham, I was told that small engine spark plugs are considered "seasonal" so they were put away to make room for christmas trees and decorations, yet there is a 20 foot long 8 feet high shelving unit filled with yard work gloves ??? So what will one do when they need a spark plug for their snowblower this winter and small engine spark plugs are considered seasonal item?

We are October 12th, fall cleanup is FAR from over and yet you cant buy fall cleanup gear because of the need to make
room for christmas decorations ... something is seriously screwed up with your store priorities...

Leaves are only 50% off the trees here right now so most will be doing the leaf blowing in the coming week or so I
hope nobody needs a sparkplug for their leaf blowerlawn mower for the final cut or other gas powered yard care tool
because they will be asked if they want to buy a christmas tree instead.

Utterly rediculous Maybe remove some of the "as seen on tv" items from the shelves to make room for actually useful
products?
And that's just one of the disapointements with that Canadian Tire store lately, that place is going down hill and fast, for things like I mentioned above and general service from employees is seriously lacking in recent months.

CTH8R

CT Spams the absurd question, "What is your go-to yard tool"?

M S.R.: The people that work in Canadian are tools, for sure NOT my go to tools at that.

CTH8R

I disagree with Roberto: I LOVE CT's Facebook page ... They are paying to help get the word out, about what a terrible store they are!

Roberto G.: I think Canadian Tire making this Facebook page was a HUGE mistake! So many complaints...haha!

CTH8R

For example:

Marc B.: I did write to customer service once, i wasn't impressed by their answer that seemed like a template reply

CTH8R

This lady thinks she's actually defending her ex-employer!

Patricia F.: I worked at Canadian Tire and the only problem I ever had was the customers. 90% hardly had a clue what they were doing. I have to admit though the service dept was very bad.

CTH8R

Another poor excuse for poor service. Whea the training?

Alvin D.: Seems like most of you just wine and complain. I worked at a few myself,there are times where the place is SO swamped with customers (a lot of them tried to fix things first but made it worse). Give them a break when they're SO over loaded from idiots that don't know how to change wiper blades or wrecked something cause they hear a noise but decided to ignore it till its too late. Before you go and complain about something,why don't YOU put on their shoes for a month (when its over busy) and see how you feel after. Most customers are TOO darn selfish and self centered to be polite enough to ASK and say THANK YOU. Most of them are grumpy and rude all around. So put their shoes on FIRST before you get like a little kid and cranky

CTH8R

A timely warning for us all. Too bad he falls short of a full Boycott Announcement:

Norman R.: I bought a battery charger from Canadian Tire https://www.facebook.com/Keswick.Canadian.Tire last year in November. Went to use it this week and guess what, ...guess what....it doesn't work. Knowing it has a 2 year warrantee I took it back to CT to exchange. When at the store I presented my pristine slightly used battery charger. Given I could not produce my receipt for my cash purchase they would not honour the warrantee. I spoke with the Manager who was actually quite abrasive about the issue... actually cocky is a better adjective. I was merely asking a question and I found her to be extremely aggressive. There are no exceptions and they do not make the rules, just enforce them, is what I was told. So my advice is if you do shop CT, keep your receipt if you are making a cash purchase otherwise you will out of luck if you need to make a return or exercise a warrantee. I am frustrated with this because the charger was nearly $100 and now I must replace it. I will definitely not buy a CT charger again.... they do not last. I will be better off spending the extra coin for an industrial model and know that it will last 10 years. For me I will not shop there again unless I absolutely have to and encourage you to consider your choices for purchase. There quality of service and product is not what it was a few years ago, and clearly flies in the face of Gary Johnston's (owner) missions statement, to provide the community with quality service and top innovative products and competitive prices. They are not cutting it.

CTH8R

Should Norm contact Customer (Dis)Service, do you think?

Norman R.: no. I was told there were no options. I dont even have the charger any more. I left it at the store in keswick. it is worthless. well perhaps it is good for a boat anchor. this should be a simple solution. I do not have the time to spend three or four hours to fix a $100 problem which shouldnt have happend in the first place. i asked the manger about how they felt about this story on facebook... they said go ahead... they didnt care. hmmmm so lets see what this costs you.....

Owner 1

A timely warning for us all. Too bad he falls short of a full Boycott Announcement:

Norman R.: I bought a battery charger from Canadian Tire https://www.facebook.com/Keswick.Canadian.Tire last year in November. Went to use it this week and guess what, ...guess what....it doesn't work. Knowing it has a 2 year warrantee I took it back to CT to exchange. When at the store I presented my pristine slightly used battery charger. Given I could not produce my receipt for my cash purchase they would not honour the warrantee. I spoke with the Manager who was actually quite abrasive about the issue... actually cocky is a better adjective. I was merely asking a question and I found her to be extremely aggressive. There are no exceptions and they do not make the rules, just enforce them, is what I was told. So my advice is if you do shop CT, keep your receipt if you are making a cash purchase otherwise you will out of luck if you need to make a return or exercise a warrantee. I am frustrated with this because the charger was nearly $100 and now I must replace it. I will definitely not buy a CT charger again.... they do not last. I will be better off spending the extra coin for an industrial model and know that it will last 10 years. For me I will not shop there again unless I absolutely have to and encourage you to consider your choices for purchase. There quality of service and product is not what it was a few years ago, and clearly flies in the face of Gary Johnston's (owner) missions statement, to provide the community with quality service and top innovative products and competitive prices. They are not cutting it.

Yes a timely warning for all of you indeed! KEEP YOUR RECIEPT! He even said so in his post, he could not produce the receipt.
Allow me to tackle your rebuttal before you even say it. Yes, i'm blaming this on the customer. It is the customers responsibility to keep their receipts for warranty purposes. End of story

CT Challenger

I see an alleged Owner delved into the long, long list of this customer's complaints are warnings, which are many:

- Don't buy a charger from CT - they don't last.
- The warranty means nothing if the store won't honour it.
- The store refused a refund, or even an exchange, of a defective product (customers might assume they are protected, especially with a 'warranty')
- The manager was "abrasive" and "cocky" - something customers should be warned about.
- The store claimed that it was helpless in the face of corporate policies, which we know is not true (nice misrepresentation - training to be an Owner some day?)
- The customer is close to boycotting the store altogether.
- The (soon to be ex) customer has encouraged their fellow consumers to shop elsewhere.
- The customer feels that Crappy's "quality of service and product is not what it was a few years ago, and clearly flies in the face of Gary Johnston's (owner) missions statement, to provide the community with quality service and top innovative products and competitive prices. "

But what is the 'take-away' that the alleged owner wants for us consumer?

Well, the one that is the most advantageous to themselves, of course!

So my advice is if you do shop CT, keep your receipt if you are making a cash purchase

Nice try, Crappy Owner!

CTH8R

Remember back when the numerous posts like this were new?

Patricia Z.: Why the hell is a Canadian Tire ad on my news feed?