CTH8R

Hilarious response to the Spam that CT paid Facebook to send, with a photo of a man pushing kids around in a wheel-barrow:

Dan F.: Look kids, here's another item that daddy bought for a lot of money from CT. This time daddy made 100% sure this one was in its ORIGINAL box cause daddy was sick of returning to the store with one or two missing parts. Let's bury you guys in the leaves and let mommy go to CT...let mommy buy gadgets from an already opened box two or three times...and let mommy get a little 5 cent currency to feel oh so special that one more time. If you like unopened boxes on major purchases, or you like getting patronized with 10c rebate slaps in the face or with overly careful ads involving Chinese kids with white man dad and missing mom ....then CT is your place.

CTH8R

Customer dis-service:

Ashley M.: So a mini rant. So we were told the stupidest thing at Canadian Tire today....we asked if they had something and the response we got "I don't know we can only look things up by price not item in the computer"....pretty sure that's a lie. What are you going to search for everything in the store that's 24.99. I don't think so! If that is the case (which I believe its not) then CT needs to update their computer system. Thanks for not even trying to help us customer service lady

CTH8R

What is this Canadian thankful for?

Roberto G.: I'm thankful that I'm NEVER again gonna buy a gas powered vehicle from you guys cause they're just garbage! Once they break, there goes your paycheck...

CTH8R

Jeff R.M.: just don't try to return them. CT doesn't back their products for defects unless you have the receipt. a notorized picture of you purchasing the damn thing might help too. oh, and probably 51% of the companies stock.

CTH8R

Indeed, nothing new from Moaner 1, either.

- No explanation of the supposed 'new way' customers can get refunds.
- No details about all the other automotive vendors in Canada.
- No proof, or even evidence, of anything they claim.

And nothing much new from customer, either. The same old complaints that Crappy refuses to fix.

Oh, but IS something new!

We've add a few more to the growing list of people who've joined the boycott, and announced that they will never shop at Canadian Tire ever again!

Now THAT'S progress!

Last edited:

CTH8R

LOUD ... BUT ACCURATE!

George F.: THE STAFF ARE ALWAYS STANDING IN GROUPS OF 2-4 AND DON'T ASK IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING, AND WHEN YOU ASK FOR HELP WITH SOMETHING THEY DON'T SEEM TO KNOW A THING ABOUT IT. I AM LUCKY IF I GO THERE TWICE A YEAR. WHEN YOU LOOK ACROSS THE STREET AT HOME DEPOT THE LOT IS 3/4 FULL COMPARED TO CANADIAN TIRE WHO HAS IF THERE LUCKY AT ANY GIVEN TIME 40 --50 CARS IN THERES AND HALF OF THEM ARE THE EMPLOYEES CARS AND SOME ARE AT THE STORE BESIDE CANADIAN. IN SHORT CANADIAN TIRE IN THE LAST 30-40 YEARS HAS REALLY WENT DOWN HILL AND IS STILL GOING DOWN HILL THEY BETTER SMARTEN UP AND GET SOME ORGANIZING DONE OR THEY WILL BE CLOSING THERE DOORS. AND IT BOILS DOWN TO THE ATTITUDE OF THE WORKERS. AND THERE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. CUSTOMER FIRST. THANK YOU.

CTH8R

Gregory C.: I ve had the same experience,they have gone down hill,used to be when a kid bought his hockey stick the same day they bought it,they would gladly replace it,imagine a 7 year old kid breaking their stick the same day,well Canadian tire,da,do the math or get a life

CTH8R

LLoyd B.: Canadian tire will take returned stuff they know is no good tape up the package, and put it back on the shelf to sell to the next sucker. There employees are usually gum smacking teenagers with an I don't care aditude. Terrible place it shop.

CTH8R

Canadian Tire sucks at ... cutting keys:

Glendene G.: OK … seriously! How much time, trouble & gas and patience & self-control would you give to Canadian Tire for them to get your keys cut right??

FIRST OFF: When we moved into this place, I got keys for the front door cut for everyone and not one of them works well. The only key that does not stick is the original that Jim has.

NOW: I went back about 3 weeks ago to get more keys cut, but without thinking, I used my key, which is one of the keys that stick. It can be a pain sometimes, other times just a bother and once in a blue moon, it works well.

One of the keys I got cut does not work at all. I took it back (2nd trip to Aberdeen) to get it fixed and they trimmed some off, so it was obviously not cut right in the first place. But of course, that was not good enough. The key still did not work at all. So I went back again yesterday (3rd trip to Aberdeen) to get it and 2 of the others that stick from before fixed. They could not correct them, so they gave me 3 new ones, made from the original key.

But, do you think my troubles ended there? Of course not.

Two of the new keys worked okay (they stick a bit, but will work if you pull the key out a tad … a pain, but HEY! THEY WORK) and one does not work at all.

OH …. FORGOT TO MENTION: I paid extra for the FANCY keys. Two of them were leopard print and one was camouflage print.

SO …. I decide to try the Canadian Tire on the North Shore, as I was not willing to go all the way back up to Aberdeen for a 4th time for some fricken keys.

I get there and she puts the keys together and says: WOW, THESE ARE NOT LINED UP AT ALL and she can give me new ones …..

OH, BUT SHE HAS NONE OF THE KIND WITH THE PRINTS ON THEM, SO SHE WILL HAVE TO DO PLAIN KEYS.

OMG … Are you kidding me??
ALL THIS FOR SOME DAMN KEYS???
I am so happy I did not make a major purchase from them, like TIRES!!!

I think I should get all new keys, AND get my money refunded AND be compensated for my time and gas. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

1wildhorse

is it me or has canadian tire been spamming the advertising on TV big time recently?its like every other commercial break has some crappy tool or another being promoted.every time i see one im saying 'yup what if it doesnt work and i have to return it.....' not bloody likely.i wonder just how many others think the same way nowadays....whassup mr owner?your terribad company doing so bad you gotta spend millions that you scammed out of customers trying to drum up more victims?wont work long term y'know....

CTH8R

Susan T.B.: Canadian tire is one of the worst stores for customer service! Ask they care about is the money. Whether it be the clerk who makes min. Wage, and just wants their cheque or the CEO who makes the millions we spend in the store!

CTH8R

Lorraine E.: I can't believe CT advertises on Facebook it's a horrible company..no exchange no return...basically u buy something from there it doesn't work, well to bad for u. Oh & the return line ups huge & every customer is being argued with...horrible customer service

Lorraine E.: Worst customer service...worst return policy....so typical of a Canadian company, it's no wonder American companies thrive in Canada...

CTH8R

Robert B.: To customer service Canadian tire. I do appreciate the response to send a message to your customer service team about my issue.
Start by answering the first message I sent you directly two weeks ago when the issue came up. I have yet to get any response
As for each store is corporate. ? You buy the sign you take the responsibility of ensuring the service. Regardless of when it is purchased. If not replace the sign to your own name. Bottom line we as customers go to Canadian tire for the brand and service. If I move that brand and service should follow