CTH8R

I didn't believe this one, but then I read the crappy press release:

Christine R.: Can you believe that they are entering the Driver's Ed market because they want to teach kids vehicle maint. What a joke....

They also want young people to get in the habit of taking their vehicles for Crappy service, and buying Crappy parts.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Teya T.: I don't understand; you can search for products on the Canadian Tire website; but you have to actually go to the store to place an order to deliver; you don't accept an over the phone order or on-line order ?! WTF ?!**.. *MAYBE* Canadian Tire needs a better web-team ?! OMFG

CTH8R

Almas E.: You guys have the worst customer service EVER!!! Customer relations line is a total BS. Error on the flyer and they won't honor it. Its pretty easy to mark a back of a paper that in any error we will not honor. If all companies out there did that then where would the credibility lie? That tells me you could hire anyone to write these flyers, and you don't have to worry about errors they do just because you have printed on the back of the flyer" that you do not honor misprinted items"... Hmmm... better to shop at retailers that have an honor system. Can't wait for Target!!! I'm willing to spend more from a company to get better service, reliability and credibility. For someone that works for a marketing company I know how important this is to customers.

CTH8R

Last wee I wrote, "It'll be interesting to see what happens with Brett D.'s concerns".

Well, it sounds like it didn't go too well!

Brett D.: Ha ha don't expect much. Sending an email is like talking to a brick wall. I'm sure we all get the same half assed answer that is just copied and pasted.

Brett D.: Is there an email address to file complaints ? Had some horrible customer service at one of your stores. Thanks

CTH8R

Entertaining commentary on what passes for "customer service":

Bruce Fensham

Interesting how they decided to use Canadian Tire, and not one of the other companies.

Oh, wait: Zellers is the only one who's worse ... and they are all gone, LOL!

CTH8R

I missed this one from last week; sounds like a classic "Simoniz Scam" post:

Bred F.: I bought a pressure washer there, took it back, they replaced it, replacement didn't work, then they said I would have to speak to Simonize, I called Simonize and they said Cdn Tire would have to replace it again, I went back and they said they could only replace it once, wouldn't give me my money back. It's in my garage, has never worked. Looks brand new. Nice and shinny and clean from disuse. The employees didn't know what to do. They called a manager, I waited for an hour and finally found out that there was no one in the store qualified to look after my issue. I went back twice more, same thing. Stand and wait.

CTH8R

Skates:

Irene L.: yes. i bought a pair of them from your store for my son and very much disappointed!!

Holly T.: Do not EVER buy Motomaster Marine Batteries! THE EXPLODE!!!

Holly T.: I have a 2yr 4 month old battery that has been taken care of according to all the manufacturers instuctions, properly installed, well ventalated area and when I went to start the boat yesterday it exploded. We are talking BIG EXPLOSION. there was plastic shrapnel covering the entire 2 car garage! Worse yet when I took it back to the Trenton Ont Canadian Tire store they would not replace it - dispite the 2.5 yr total limited warranty. And to make matters worse the man at the counter stopped only slightly short of calling me a dumb blond chick! iF YOU VALUE YOUR WELFARE AND THAT OF YOUR FAMILY --- DO NOT BUY MOTOMASTER BATTERIES. IF YOU VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UNPREJUDICED SERVICE --- DO NOT SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE. There are far better LOCAL businesses that can provide better products and customer service!

Holly T.: That's the experience in a nut shell. It wasn't going to be a big deal, although the experience was frightening (despite over 6 yrs with the CF; I had never been that close to a mini bomb) but the sales man was rude, arogant and demeaning, and told me that that "doen't happen" dispite the fact I brought what was left of it into the store - the picture is on my facebook

CTH8R

I was only going to re-post specific stories, but there are just too good!

Dave F.: 70 dollars to "diagnose" when I already know the problem is b.s.

Jace CV B.: canadian tire auto service are crooks

CTH8R

Leandro Don P.: incompetent workers are at canadian tire,they damaged my car

Leandro Don P.: do not go to canadian tire in rosemere,incompetent workers

CTH8R

Story:

Cristal C.: I agree with kayla. Terrible customer service. Hubby just returned home from having being given a wrong belt. I called ahead to make sure. They said they had four. Even gave four prices. I told them i had to get a ride. I was stranded and needed to know the part was there. Once he got there a teenager took 40mins to tell hubby they only had one. Well he went to the car with it and it's the wrong one. A $20 cab ride tomorrow is going to cost as much as the part. C'mon canadian tire! You'v gotta step up before your customers move on!

CTH8R

Story:

Jane W.: The store on 1200 Seguin Drive, Coquitlam, BC V3K 6W8 (604) 527-8828
We got terrible service!
The auto center Service Manager "John Poernomo" is a liar.
When you do any service in there, they will tell you that you missing some parts and something broken. Then they suggest you replace a new one. In fact, he had asked the mechanical workers stolen or damaged your original good parts. They shouldn't do business and treat customer like that.
I believe one day they will be caught by RCMP.
Please don't trust Canadian Tire anymore ! ! !

CTH8R

Another story:

Debbie M.: Last November I bought a MotoMaster-35 battery, and less than a year later the battery is leaking and corroding my connectors. So I made an appointment to go in and have the battery replaced, it has a 3 year warranty. The guy at the counter told me that there was a $70.00 labour charge, and of course I questioned this, and tried to make my point that I should not have to pay for their faulty battery. I talked to the store manager and the automotive manage and neither one of them would budge. I asked them how much they charge for an hour of labour and they said $97.00 per hour. So I asked them why they wanted to charge me for 45 minutes of labour when me and my son changed out the last battery in less than 15 minutes. I told them that if they wanted to guarantee me a 15 minute charge for labour that I would have them replace the battery, they would not go for this, so I took my work order ripped it up and left. I will now find someone to help me get my battery back to the store, get a new one and once again replace it ourselves at no charge.

CTH8R

Another tire story:

Bill T.: I say treat. The Huntsville Canadian Tire rotated my girlfriends tires on her car and 4 days later noticed a bad vibration in the steering wheel. She called the auto department manager and was told they couldn't get the car in for a few days. Instead she took it to Festing Toyota the very next day and was told that one wheel had all the nuts loose and the other was missing a lug nut. She immediately went to the C.T. store and the manager told her he wasn't making excuses but the tire guy had been working there for 5 years.
Note to Canadian Tire: finish a car before coffee break starts.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Jane W. let Bill (and all of Canada) know how her story turned out:

Jane W.: Hi Bill, Don't trust their customer service. I can show you what I got the reply from them as below

“Thank you for contacting our office regarding your shopping experience at one of our Canadian Tire stores.*
We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with Canadian Tire. Your feedback has been logged and we have taken the liberty of forwarding your feedback to the store for their review. Providing your feedback about your personal experience directly to the store will help them understand where they can make improvements.
Should you wish to discuss this further, our general managers and store managers are always interested in hearing your feedback. We invite you to please contact the Canadian Tire store directly to voice your feedback. The telephone number for the store in Coquitlam is (604)527-8828.
We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond."*

They do nothing for customer. The only thing we can do is publish all the bad story with Canadian Tire, let most of people know that how they are a public company cheating and treating to customer. I'll call all the newspaper and TV & Radio station to publish all our bad experience.

Please send me your contact information, and then the media guys will help you.*
https://plus.google.com/11444852440...CA#114448524400300336224/about?gl=CA&hl=en-CA

CTH8R

NASCAR thread:

Ralph P.: i love my Nascar..however my last trip to the Newmarket store i will never shop there again..guess they don,t need my thousands? SO I WILL NOT BE SHARRING MY NASCAR with you

CTH8R

Wow!

Crappy Tire has decided that November 1st is the best time to start pushing Christmas Shopping.

There has been a huge out-cry on their web site, mainly with the feeling that it's disrespectful not to wait until after Rememberance Day.

But, the Scrooges at Crappy aren't listening.

There are so many negative comments thatbI couldn't even begin to copy them here. Besides, it's mainly an on-line issue.

But I think this comment captures it well:

Terry M.: Canadian Tire clearly doesn't care about the people who have commented that it is too early for this stuff, as they are just piling it on. Either that or they don't read the comments. Maybe it won't make any difference but I'll be staying away from Canadian Tire from now into the new year. I'll feel better about it too.

CTH8R

And this isn't helping the store's cause any, as it makes them look even more anti-veteran:

Allyson L.: I think it was horrible that our local veterans were asked to leave the store this week, they did not want to allow veterans to sell poppies in Atholville, New Brunswick...

Deboraandjim H.: I can only hope the ctc franchisee in atholville N.B. is bankrupted soon.

CTH8R

Oh-oh!

Ingrid : I work in the field of Marketing Communications and advise clients on best practices to attract customers. Advertising Christmas BEFORE Remembrance Day is disrespectful in the extreme. The company and its marketing staff should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It is without conscience and laden with greed and disrespect. I fully intend to vote with my dollars and shop elsewhere until after Christmas. Sad, because I was a VERY loyal Canadian Tire customer until now.