CTH8R

See, this is the kind of bad social-media presence a retailer can avoid, if only they will stand behind what they sell:

Richard M.: If you're Canadian Tire customer service so good and how come I have to go rent a nail gun after I purchased one from you . Is it because Mastercard and Canadian Tire refused to replace a brand new product unused but was defective .a brand new nail gun doesn't get replaced but sent out for repairs . It was a brand new nail gun I purchased not a repaired or refurbished one . Also I'm supposed to stop my renovations so you you can repair a defective product for me ??? When I left the Canadian Tire store I went and rented a nail gun . Then when I got home I reported the incident to Canadian Tire customer service and a Canadian Tire MasterCard services because I purchased a nail gun combination on my MasterCard after 6 months of Canadian tires exemplary customer service or so called service . I ended up paying off my Canadian Tire MasterCard for the nail guns . Then I cancelled it . After all why would I have a credit card with credit card services of Canadian Tire when they ripped me off and didn't help me out like they're supposed to . Offering somebody a new nail gun after 6 months isn't acceptable it should have been after 6 minutes at the counter . And then to send me a letter saying if I don't pick up the nail gun from Langley in so many days the part will be destroyed . Like I want a new nail gun 6 months after my renovations are complete . Without a doubt considering that Canadian Tire has the nail guns I purchased and it took them 6 months to attempt to resolve issue a refund should have been in order . Not a letter if you don't pick up the nail guns were going to dispose of them . I guess Canadian Tire considered them to be junk to . If Canadian Tire really had a good customer service they would be cutting me a check pronto . Also they would be going out of their way to apologize to me and find out just who I am but which they should already know because of the customer complaints with my MasterCard and Canadian Tire services . Believe me they don't go out of their way for anything . Especially customer service . And I apologize to everybody for seeming so negative however this is what Canadian Tire chose to make it when their manager made the decision a brand new product should be sent out for repair not replaced I could understand if I had to useed the nail gun but it wouldn't even fire a nail . And to offer me a new pair of nail guns 6 months later was is just an insult . And what makes it even worse is my shop is full of Mastercraft products and I have to look at them everyday . That reminds me of the day my favorite Canadian Tire store stole from me . And then the 6 months being strung along by Canadian tire customer service .

Richard M.: PS everybody life is wonderful still . And have a very happy and healthy holiday everyone . And a special Christmas cheer for those poor people that have to work at Canadian Tire customer service must be terrible . Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time off with family .

CTH8R

Shorter, but similar:

Rick H.: Canadian Tire sucks. Lousy products, apathetic staff, incompetent "service center".

CTH8R

Another social media mess-up!

Debbie J.G.: We bought a George Forman grill at Walmart for $30 less than the one at our local Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

And ... yet another way to suck!

Robert C.: DONT take out insurance on their credit card(s) where they are suppose to pay your minimum payment should be off work as its a scam ... I work construction and I'm off a few months during winter. 3 years in a row I claimed like 4-5 months per year. they declined to pay and the reason was not in the insurance contract . they are scammers and located in Miami Fl. Cdn Tire told me that I didn't have to buy the insurance even thought they sold it to me....

CTH8R

Have we previously encountered this specific mode of suckiness?

Irfan A.: Dear Canadian Tire Social Media Representatives: In absence of a better channel to address my frustration, I am forced to express it through this page of yours. Hopefully, you will listen to me and act on it. I am guessing this is the reason you decided to participate in social media after all. On December 17th, 2013 between 4:45pm - 5:22pm, I called Canadian Tire McLaughlin location 6 times (Address: 10031 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton; Phone: 905-846-9227). For the 6 times I called, 3 times no one answered the phone and the other 3 times I was put on hold and eventually the line disconnected as I waited patiently. I did not even get a chance to communicate my reason for calling in the first place; I had called to inquire about the installation of ProStart 4-button Remote Starter with Keyless Entry (Product #34-0743-2) that I was planning to purchase from Canadian Tire. Clearly, my call was not important enough and I am guessing so aren't my dollars at your store. While I was certainly ticked off by this, I wasn't sure if Canadian Tire's senior management was aware of such practices at the store level. For obvious reasons, going forward I will take my business elsewhere. However, hopefully Canadian Tire will resolve this before other future customers start feeling the same way as I did. P.S I have been a customer of Canadian Tire Auto Service since 2008. All my automobile related work including seasonal tire changes were handled by the Canadian Tire Dufferin location. However, recently I moved to Brampton and had hoped in vain to remain a loyal customer of your services.

CTH8R

LMAO!

CT Spams, “What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?”

Eileen M.: A refund from the crap I was given from Canadian Tire

CTH8R

Irfan A.: Dear Canadian Tire Social Media Representatives: In absence of a better channel to address my frustration, I am forced to express it through this page of yours. Hopefully, you will listen to me and act on it. I am guessing this is the reason you decided to participate in social media after all. On December 17th, 2013 between 4:45pm - 5:22pm, I called Canadian Tire McLaughlin location 6 times (Address: 10031 McLaughlin Rd, Brampton; Phone: 905-846-9227). For the 6 times I called, 3 times no one answered the phone and the other 3 times I was put on hold and eventually the line disconnected as I waited patiently. I did not even get a chance to communicate my reason for calling in the first place; I had called to inquire about the installation of ProStart 4-button Remote Starter with Keyless Entry (Product #34-0743-2) that I was planning to purchase from Canadian Tire. Clearly, my call was not important enough and I am guessing so aren't my dollars at your store. While I was certainly ticked off by this, I wasn't sure if Canadian Tire's senior management was aware of such practices at the store level. For obvious reasons, going forward I will take my business elsewhere. However, hopefully Canadian Tire will resolve this before other future customers start feeling the same way as I did. P.S I have been a customer of Canadian Tire Auto Service since 2008. All my automobile related work including seasonal tire changes were handled by the Canadian Tire Dufferin location. However, recently I moved to Brampton and had hoped in vain to remain a loyal customer of your services.

Mike H.: @ Irfan Ali . I agree , Canadian tire doesn't care about there customers , they just want a dollar , and unfortunately they were the only place for the longest time that sold what I need . they don't care about customer service . I'm happy a target opened in the same mall as Canadian tire because now I can avoid shopping at Canadian tire completely . Canadian tire was mentioned on a CBC program as having the 3rd worst customer service In the country . Walmart and zellers was also listed , and only walmart acknowledged the problem and said they would try to fix it .

Owner 1

I just want to point out something that is purely awesome! Two of the three of you regulars on here, trying to lure people into the same arguments on Canadian Tire's facebook page. As previously discussed, CTH8R under your own real name, yes I know who you are.... and then a fake created female facebook ID. Attacking people on there who post things that you don't agree with and trying to get discussion going about repair only warranty or "ROW" as you like to call it hahhahaa
Same sh*t you tried to pull on redflagdeals and atleast one other site.

You're a couple of pathetic losers.
Nobody is listening to you on there either.

Remember, brick by brick you're going to take us down hahahahhahaa
how's that going?

Losers

CTH8R

Did anyone hear anything?

I thought I heard something ...

Nope, just the sad whipsers of a long-forgotten Troll.

Last edited:

CTH8R

It's so nice when the CT'ers fight among themselves. Too bad it's the poor customers caught in the middle:

Casey N.: I live a distance away from my local Canadian tire. So, when you had the kitchenaid pot and pan set on sale we called to have one held for us and would be right up to get it. I had someone go in last Saturday to pick up at the Yarmouth location (the store we called) While the clerk was looking up the information in her book, another clerk came, took the book and said she "didn't have time" to send someone out back to see if any was available for me and they don't do holds. She was extremely rude (as she is any other time I have gone to this store) I think you need to communicate to your workers what is and what isn't allowed when it comes to holding product. The customer service department at your Yarmouth location sucks!

CTH8R

CT spammed, what's been your best gift?

David S.: I'd say it was the magical opportunity to communicate pointlessly with Canadian Tire's social media intern.

CTH8R

Irfan A.: Dear Canadian Tire. I noticed you asked me to forward the complaint to customer service@canadiantire.com. I was under the impression that you maintain this Facebook page to receive customer feedback. Unless this page is purely for advertisement, I have already raised my concerns . I do not see the point of running down the rabbit hole with another e-mail. I can always buy my remote starter from somewhere else. I am only trying to help you help yourself; so it is your call what you do with this feedback. Thanks.

CTH8R

My guess? They will ignore this guy's feedback.

Because, hey, some people came into some of their stores today, right?

So, that is mathematical proof that there cannot possibly be anything even slightly wrong with how they are conducting business at every single one of their stores!

LMAO!

CTH8R

Rob A.: My wife takes our van in for regular maintenance(oil change) and now told the drain plug is wrecked and could cost $150 to fix. Well we've only taken our van to one Canadian tire store for the last 10 oil changes with no problem, Nice time to gouge someone this close to Christmas. Leave the wife walking around the store without calling her to let her know. Jerks, never again will you amateur parts changers touch any of my vehicles. CAA is the way to go now for auto club Napa is my new store for parts.

Owner 1

Did anyone hear anything?

I thought I heard something ...

Nope, just the sad whipsers of a long-forgotten Troll.

Long forgotten, yet I've been mentioned in how many posts in the last bunch of weeks? Give me a break

Just thought I'd take a bit of time to address some more misinformation you are spreading in an attempt to continue to portray Canadian Tire in a negative light.

- As noted by a truck driver posting on facebook, that you copied here (ie spreading misinformation) the warehouse does NOT own the inventory. Once it's trucked to a store, the dealer owns it.
- Dealers do not pay Canadian Tire retail price for stolen items. It's not their stock, it's ours. I buy it from them at X cost. If it gets stolen, it's lost at the value I paid for it. A couple of key strokes, I take it out of my stock as stolen, order another one and carry on.

Just carry along, copy and pasting any bit of information you can find on facebook and bring it over here to make your forum seem popular and relevant. Oh and don't forget to paste it into multiple forums so it seems like lots of action is on each thread.
Oh and before I forget, make sure to keep posting on facebook under multiple names, fake and real in the same attempt to slam Canadian Tire.

It's all failing miserably. By the way, just noted an interesting article that your beloved retailer Target got hijacked and had 40 million customers financial information breached, and chose not to notify any consumers right away. Luckily it was in the United States not Canada....but remember, that's the parent company of your beloved red circle! Kind of an indication how much they care about their customers. Looks to me like target got targeted!! BULLSEYE!!!

Sangria5

My guess? They will ignore this guy's feedback.

Because, hey, some people came into some of their stores today, right?

So, that is mathematical proof that there cannot possibly be anything even slightly wrong with how they are conducting business at every single one of their stores!

LMAO!

My math might not be perfect, but only a couple of people posting on this blog. My favorite though is the number of reposts from Canadian Tire's facebook page that show up here. Almost up to #400, but that would be less than 1 per store given the over 500 locations. So, I'm thinking that tens of thousands must be satisfied every day and that others are also dissatisfied but do not publicly complain. Perhaps 8hers believes that 100% satisfaction is possible. My point all along is that I have not found any retailer or business that can boast that number.

saskpride

@owner 1

Wow. I can't believe the brainwashing you have gotten.....

I agree with the owner/dealer owning the stock, only after it has been received, verified etc. financial info lost by target etc.

I also never seen a jacked load ever before either. Yes, I have the truck driving pros cut the lock in front of me "unsealing the load". I also know of the fact that sometimes depending on the inventory of Brampton, Aj Billies, Calgary warehouses, sometimes product does not get shipped etc.

It still does not make up for useless management people in my books. Staff etc. I agree, never take a vehicle to the service centre, don't believe what the retail floor staff say. I CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE

CTH8R

Interesting - this person who hates CT isn't a customer ... They are an ex-employee.

Do you think there will be an Hmmm ... do you think there will be an investigation? Charges? A conviction or two? Something to,post as a follow-up on https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...es-charges-convictions-investigations-29.html ??

Anna T.: To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net

Greetings,

I would like to inquire again, why, a manager from your Langley store in BC would know where I work and time where I work, and verbally assault me at my job (not Canadian tire) and I guess to the best of my knowledge, a supervisor from another CT branch store. This incident happened on December 17th at approximately 6:40pm.
Their names are Cheyenne D. and Brittney D.

This incident was including at least a few minutes of profanity, disruption of my professional work and on camera at my job.

Within my knowledge, I have not had contact with either individual since the day I quit and never wish to stay in contact with either.

I am awaiting an e-mail from you to resolve the issue and appropriately respond to this awful situation.

Regards,

hope I sent this letter to the right address. I would like a clear resolution soon.

CTH8R

More:

Anna T.: Hi, I am still demanding an apology from 2 of your mgrs/supervisors who came off duty to my work place and yelled profanities at 6:40pm for at least 5 minutes, verbally assault me in front of other people and then left. this occured December 16. They work at the Langley and Burnaby stores and this is completely unprofessional and stalking like behaviour. This is very unacceptable behavior.