CTH8R

Another way they suck:

Marilyn O.: BOOO HISSS to the Canadian Tire truck driver who drove by me and splashed the slush all up my leg as I was walking to work yesterday morning !!!!

CTH8R

More ridiculous rules and excuses, why they can't help you - turns out to be easier for them just to help, instead of screwing people around:

Kennedy F.: Castlegar, BC - At CT (here, at least) cell phone protectors are kept locked up. I I had found everything else on my list, then asked for the cell case. The employee got the case and was walking it to the cashier with me. I suddenly remembered another item I meant to get. She said that the case would be waiting at the front and I could ask any cashier for it. I found my extra item and proceeded to pay. My total came to $172 plus tax. I left, loaded everything into my car including a large piece of furniture, then remembered that I'd forgotten to pick up the cell case. I went back in, receipt in hand, to the cashier I'd dealt with and explained what happened and that my wife had let me know about this promotion. With the cost of the cell case added on, I was about $10 short to make the promotion. I said that I'd find something and be back. The cashier said that I'd have to go to customer service. I found an item worth $25 and proceeded to customer service with my receipt and my story. The only person staffing the customer service booth was wearing a name tag indicating she was the Cash Supervisor. There was one person ahead of me...not exactly a busy desk at the time. I was basically told that it was my fault (agreed) and that they were too busy to make accommodation for everyone who forgot something. I responded, honestly shocked, that it wasn't very good customer service. I asked if she really wanted me to go out and bring everything back in and return it so that it can be processed again through a cashier. She regurgitated the same line about it being busy and that they weren't responsible for people's mistakes. I asked her how much sense it made to waste my time bringing everything back so that it could be returned with her and then re-processed by a cashier. She finally gave in, still deflecting blame back at me and "warning" me that she would only do it this one time. Once she was doing it, the process took maybe 2 minutes to complete. During this whole exchange there wasn't another person in line for "service". In hindsight, I wish I'd returned my entire order and never set foot in the place again. No wonder CT is pretty much non-existent in urban centres where people have choices of where to shop. Canadian Tire deserves the reputation it has. Next time I'll make the drive to Walmart in Nelson.
And CT responder - please don't bother telling me to contact your customer service by email. This is my story, feel free to pass it on to them. They're welcome to message me on Facebook.

CTH8R

Boyd G.: Is it too much to expect a "Thank-You" at the cash register??? The cashier saying "uh-huh" or "there you go" as they pass you your change while carrying on a conversation with a co-worker doesn't quite cut it. Our local CT is only a few minutes from our house yet the shopping experience there is so negative I'll usually drive a few minutes further just to avoid shopping there. Not that I expect this comment will make any difference whatsoever but I'm referring to the store in Squamish, B.C. We're Canadians; we're known around the world as being polite. Why isn't it company policy to be polite in a business that has CANADIAN in their business name? - Merry Christmas!

CTH8R

Jason P.: napa is cheaper an if the box says napa they will exchange it for the right one unlike fort st john store...worst service ever who else sells motomaster ???not to mention after bein broke down an walk to store go to use bathroom rather go outside or in outhouse place is a joke an so r the people who work there....go get new tires an sell car tires installed on a pik up...no thanks only when theres nowhere else to turn....could go on an on an on...I drive to dawson creek before ft st john

CTH8R

Yikes! LMAO!

William S.B.: Canadian Tire please just lock all your doors and close down for good. Sell your stores to a company that cares about their customers. I don't want to email customer service... Just close down for everyone's sake. Please.

CTH8R

Reg J.: canadian tire in south barrie...unfortunately,think their service sucks there.....think ctc needs to redo service policies etc....that was few years ago,never went back for service.....

CTH8R

Barry strikes me as a very insightful guy:

Barry C.: Seems like a lot of people do not like CTC. Anyone who and made a negative comment about this store gets the same automated response. A poor excuse for customer service but they continue to make money.. So why do they even bother.

CTH8R

I hope he didn't give them a deposit!

Les B.: I ordered a wood stove Dec 7 from Red Deer, AB, north store. No call yet. Even called Krista(220) in ordering several times, left message and still no call or wood stove yet. Guess it will come when it warms up and don't need it anymore. Would be nice to enjoy a warm basement!

CTH8R

Whonda D.S.: Langley Canadian tire will not refund my Christmas lights even though the website says until December 24th and my receipt says 30 days after purchase.

CTH8R

Yikes! LMAO!

William S.B.: Canadian Tire please just lock all your doors and close down for good. Sell your stores to a company that cares about their customers. I don't want to email customer service... Just close down for everyone's sake. Please.

Different guy, same sentiment:

Brian W.: NEVER ONCE had a good experience at CT. prices are high-ish, staff is EXTREMELY under-educated. Mechanics (if you can call em that) are thieves. Store is messy and dirty and out of date. They are turning into a junk store. They are circling the drain, die already.

1wildhorse

how these idiots can keep on defending this shitty excuse for a retailer is beyond my comprehension now.we may be the only regular posters on this particular site,but if they are blind to the growing number of individuals who have a GENUINE gripe against this company....i did say it.brick by brick.i only needed to remove one.seems plenty of others are now starting to do the same....fuck your store mr owner.

CTH8R

Kaylee H.: Canadian Tire is without a doubt one of the most useless and unorganized establishments I have ever dealt with. Thank you for wasting my time, money and patience. You've officially lost my business. Merry Christmas.

Sue R.: the comment with reply between Kaylee & Canadian Tire is "priceless"! LOL!

Last edited:

CTH8R

A Merry F'in Christmas from CT!

A lot of people don't know that 'seasonal' items can have their own, unique return policies, at Crappy Tire. Specifically, the policy can be "no returns, no way, no how, not ever":

Also posted on the Boycott Thread - way to lose a customer, over a stupid toy car!

Danielle R.H.: Irronic that Canadian Tire is advertising their Christmas Spirit when yesterday I went to return an unopened Spiderman toy car as my nephew already had one. Eventhough on the top of my receipt it said returns accepted with original receipt, which it was, and on the bottom said Christmas ornaments and Christmas items can be returned up until Dec 24th after which time the sale will be final. It was Dec 23and a toy car. I was told they would not accept it for a refund or store credit as a toy is deemed to be a Christmas item. In fact anything they feel that may be something that could be a gift for Christmas they will not accept now or in the future. I asked when they would accept it thinking that perhaps due to the holidays I might have to wait a week or two. The customer service woman said, never. I said it was a birthday gift and it wasn't even Christmas yet, thats stupid and not right. I asked what happens if people get duplicate gifts, they need to be able return it. She said they will bot accept it. So I said "so if someone else gives the same gift, I can't return it and its my problem?" She said yes. I said some stuff, never cursed or anything like that. She eventually said that ONLY if their was a gift receipt and not an original receipt would they consider giving a store credit. She still didn't want to refund my money for the toy and ended up getting the customer service manager who confirmed what she said and said its a storewide policy. The manager ended up granting her permission to refund my money when it was apparent I wasn't accepting their refusal. I will NEVER shop there again. I wonder how many people are buying christmas presents there that will be refused return, exchange, or store credit.

Last edited:

CTH8R

CT sucks at ... LGBT issues:

Diana G.: I can''the believe you sell Duck Dynast products - I am not a member of the LBGT community but find the hateful views of their patriarch offensive - I for one will not be shopping at Canadian Tire until they are gone!

1wildhorse

i just dont get it.it appears that canadian tire are deliberately wanting to destroy their own customer network.why?i wish that one of the ct supporters would actually explain the latest non return policy for christmas stuff.it really makes no sense to me.it really is starting to sound like deliberate acts of self sabotage.are their CEOs secretly in bed with another company that wants to destroy CT?like why you cant return an unopened toy car with packaging and receipt?CRAZY.

CTH8R

Indeed!

May the customers get decent retailers with quality products at low prices, honest automotive service, and refunds on defective or even just unsatisfactory products!

And may the retailers who choose not to provide those things, get empty stores!

Last edited: