CTH8R

Another Unhappy Christmas courtesy of CT:

Marc-Andre S.: Today tried returning something and was told because it was a Xmas item it couldn't be return. I even had a receipt. The worst was the item I could return had to pay real money because I didn't have Canadian tire money on me. This is the last time I ever go to any Canadian tire store

CTH8R

Quentin R.: well Tracey Rochetta, wait till you get screwed over big time from CT and see how you like it. this company cost me $1100 the complaints on here aren't even 1% of the real complaints from what really happens at the stores everyday

CTH8R

Anna T.: I'd love to see a ct free of discriminating managers. a week before Christmas, I was harassed and verbally assaulted by a manager by the name of cheyen dean from the langley store. she had enough time to come into a different competitor store and swear. maybe working on hiring more people oriented people for management, would help ?

CTH8R

Adam B.: Disappointed with Canadian tire , bought a Tree skirt before christmas , and it was damaged , due to the ice storm and being christmas i was unable to return it , paid full price 29.99 and now they tell me they don't take returns after christmas , on christmas items , so dissapointed , I supported Canadian tire for years , since they put a Walmart a block down , I will now be buying all my stuff at Walmart ! Cause they respect there customers more then Canadian tire

CTH8R

Tara P.: It would have been nice if one of the two individuals from the sports section (at the Ajax Ontario store) that helped me had told me that skate sharpening was included in my purchase of new skates. Or even the cashier when I paid for them. Instead, three hours later they told me at the Whitby store when I was getting them sharpened. Unfortunately the manager also told me that since I didn't purchase them at the Whitby store there was nothing they could do. It's my own fault I guess for expecting better service.

CTH8R

Swapndeep S.: Singh Dear Team, I had a very very bad experience with you guys in all my years of relationship as an loyal customer. I bought a Tempo Cycle from one of the stores at Fairview Street, Burlington. After spending 2 hours in installing the cycle when I reached the last step of putting the pedals on the cycle, the left pedal refused to come on. All my two hours went in drain. Then I drove all the way to the store and was given another pedal to try on. When that did not work, I had to haul the whole installed cycle to the store with much difficulty as I have a small car. No doubt I was given a replacement but I reach home and try to install it and again after spending the two hours again, guess what happens... This time both pedals are not getting on... In all my experience as an Canadian Tire Customer, I never came across such a bad product...Now I have to haul the installed cycle to the Canadian tire store... One product can be faulty but what about the second one ???? I suppose the whole lot is faulty and that is why they have to put on sale... I want the same cycle as I did not want to spend a lot of money but if Canadian Tire is trying to pass off bad stuff putting on less price then that is shameful... No doubt if I go back, they can give my money back or give me another replacement but what about the time wastage and the harassment I have gone through and not to mention the gas I spent and with what difficulty I took the cycle back to the store and now have to take it back again... I want the cycle and as I mentioned as I don't want to spend a lot of money, the same one... I hope I get aptly compensated for the time wastage and harassment I suffered so as my trust in Canadian Tire retains

Swapndeep S.: Done that...Now have to see, how long you guys take to give me a satisfactory resolution...

Swapndeep S.: Now 2 days have passed and I am yet to receive a resolution from you Guys... So much for expecting good customer service... I hope you guys are not sleeping on the problem and waiting and hoping that it gets resolved automatically or I just go and return the exercise bike so you guys are relieved of the botheration f resolving the problem..

CTH8R

Melanie B.: I agree 10000%!!! I have noticed that too!! that they will not return anything & the customer service, even from higher position people ,..the ones that You would at least hope will be decent, but no, I will NEVER ever take My Vehicle there for anything when I can go to any other place & have the problem diagnosed without costing a lot, like really also the service being ignorant too!!! they really need to change things I certainly do not go there hardly at all anymore!!!!!!

CTH8R

Icy Truck Spam:

Paul N.: Should be like the radio...sell more canadian goods than chinese goods. canadian tire stores would be in trouble. We do not need all the chinese crap they sell. Go Home China-tire

CTH8R

Icy Truck Spam:

Lily F.: As fun as this commercial seems to be, perhaps Canadian Tire can put some effort into ONCE AGAIN making their stores people friendly, easy to navigate, helpful, cheerful AND knowledgable staff, that comfy old-fashioned feeling again; what made Canadian Tire an icon.

CTH8R

Icy truck:

Marc L.: Love the truck! but maybe work on that customer service a bit eh? I always HAVE trusted Canadian tire until I bought a 40$ windshield wiper and it failed on the driver side due to manufacturer error! they have not taken back the product whatsoever. This is a danger to my life, just not satisfied with the service, caring more about money then a life of a valuable customer.

CTH8R

A new response to CT paying Facebook to spam Canadians:

Em H.: To anyone who does not want this ad displayed on their page, call 1800 387 8803.
Again, it would be much appreciated if you would just remove it!!!

CTH8R

It's no surprise that some people didn't catch the subtle difference between a "Gift Card" and an "Promo Card" ...

Melody T.: just don.t try to use the gift cards you got for being a valued customer at Canadian tire. Wow what a scam since nobody pointed out that these cards were to be used before 28th Dec. Here I thought Canadian tire was going out of its way to be nice to their valued customers but not. A little pissed that we purposely bought extra just to get the gift card so we could take extra advantage of after Christmas sales. Gift Cards are not supposed to expire so I did not read the card so shame on me but one thing I do know is that the thousands of dollars I would have spent at Canadian Tire stores this coming year will only be spent if I cannot find that product anywhere else. I can guarantee you have lost way more than the fifty dollars you would have been out of for this promotion.Shame on you for pulling a stunt like this at this time of year.

CTH8R

And don't trust them with the real Gift Cards, either!

Scotty P.: What extra costs are there to getting a card for Christmas.we went in with a Canadian Tire gift card from last Xmas it was worth $20..00 and this December almost $9.00 went to someone else card is only worth almost less than half it's value..what gives...?

CTH8R

Valerie W.: Canada's worst store! "Canadian Tire" bought a small 2 foot decorator Christmas Tire on Boxing Day...opened the package and it was defective!
I phoned and the Store Policy is no returns on anything Seasonal after the 24th of December...Canadian Wide Policy the Girl Carol told me at the West Kelowna Store! Why would anyone shop at this Chain? Their customer relations policies are the poorest in Canada! Tell us about your experiences with this Store?

CTH8R

This guy has some interesting views:

Scott D.: had the same type of problem, take them to small claims court, judges will find these policies unfair and prejudice, trust me, you will win and they will have to pay all your expenses. its time to make this chain responsible for the poor service and illegal policies.

CTH8R

Swapndeep S.: Today it is the 5th day since i mentioned about the problem and have not heard from you till now... Please don't answer that we are working on it and also don't appreciate me on my patience... I want an resolution and not your plain words because now your words are not doing any good... If you have take that many days and time to resolve this problem then please answer that the solution it is beyond us. First you are selling the customer a bad product and then take so much time to resolve it and then you claim that strong customer service is important to you guys... So much for Great customer service I should say... If this is good customer service then I dread to think about bad customer service...

CTH8R

Lots of complaints about over-charging for salt:

Laura V.M.: Too bad I didn't get any gift cards to help pay $11 for a bag of salt!! Good job Canadian Tire in price gauging your customers!!!

CTH8R

Maureen likes CT:

Quentin R.B.R.: obviously Maureen you haven't been ripped off by CT......YET!

Lisa Likes CT:

Quentin R.B.R.: Here's a factual statement for you Lisa O., CT has the worst customer service in Canada and if you don't like that statement do YOUR homework and look it up!

Icy Truck:

Sherri K.L.: Canadians stopped buying Canadian made

CTH8R

Salt-over-charge:

Laura V.M.: Too bad I didn't get any gift cards to help pay $11 for a bag of salt!! Good job Canadian Tire in price gauging your customers!!!