CTH8R

Robin, about yet another CT tire fail:

Robin B.: Sorry to hear that, especially in this lousy weather. I suspect their are more stories than they ever want to hear. Spread the word and maybe more stories will emerge and then they will have to listen.

CTH8R

Seems quite a few consumers have caught on ... and not just on tools!

Gordon G.: After their last store "policy update" that minimized corporate loss at the expense of consumers, I quit buying Mastercraft products.

CTH8R

Icy Truck spam. What are we at now? Eight? Nine?

Sheri C.: Still no reply to my email now two weeks ago!!!!! Very disappointed

CTH8R

And:

Dean D.: Lol Sheri you will be waiting a while I sent them an email 2 x and escalated my complaint with phone call never heard back it's been 8 months

CTH8R

I see more people don't like the Icy Truck:

Mike M.: Just lost a little more respect for Canadian Tire. What a disgusting waste of money to distract the population. It's -50 across most of Canada and people are homeless and freezing to death while another greedy corporation wastes money on stupid advertisements

CTH8R

I see more people don't like the Icy Truck:

Mike M.: Just lost a little more respect for Canadian Tire. What a disgusting waste of money to distract the population. It's -50 across most of Canada and people are homeless and freezing to death while another greedy corporation wastes money on stupid advertisements

The CTer claims posters from this site "attack consumers" on CTs Facebook page.

But THIS is an attack, by a CTer. Tsk-tsk, CT, for supporting such cyber-bullying!

Andrew B.: stfu mike! Canadian Tire gives countless dollars to charities all over Canada while competing with large American corporations, you are disgusting!!!! likely never done anything positive for a human being in your life, drain society, waste your time on social media talking about things you have no idea about, and have dirty underwear. Worry about yourself you idiot, and change your drawers

CTH8R

More cyber-bullying from fanatical CT defender Andrew B. He's kind of the CT Facebook answer to Rob Ford:

Andrew B.: I'm sure your knowledge in finance is pretty substantial though, being the owner and operator of "self-employed" and all. I think I have a good idea of how you attempt to employ yourself.. get a life :D

Andrew B.: some people have no lives!

Andrew B.: well your only other option Is to buy chineese at some American<Mart.... so congrats on nothing. peon.

Andrew B.: stfu and get a life!

Andrew B.: shaddup!

Naturally, there is opposition to this behaviour, such as this:

Mike M.: Well B. I see what a troll you are with your 4 likes. I can see what a business leader you are. You should run for government. You'd fit right in

CT Challenger

Lots of people think the Icy Truck is a big waste:

Janice F.D.: and your point? Sorry......but is this why the prices are so high in your stores? In this day and age with so many people in need I don't think we need ice trucks............ just saying!!

Sangria5

Lots of people think the Icy Truck is a big waste:

Janice F.D.: and your point? Sorry......but is this why the prices are so high in your stores? In this day and age with so many people in need I don't think we need ice trucks............ just saying!!

Newsroom : Ontario Thanks Hydro Workers and Canadian Tire for Generous Donation to Red Cross

Speaking of people in need. Don't see Walmart, Home Depot, Home Hardware, Rona, Sears mentioned, just to name a few. At least Costco stepped up. I suppose it is all relative.

CTH8R

Has anyone else been following the "$20 Bag Of Salt" fiasco of price-gouging by CT stores?

It's tactics like this that give CT extra cash, which they turn around and use as a PR move.

Sure, they are helping people - but let's not forget the tax breaks they get from these donations, including the deductions for donations they collect from the public and their suppliers.

Then we are supposed to thank them for being generous when they give us our own money back? Outrageous!

--

One more point: the donation isn't 100% from your local Red Triangle of Crap stores. It's from all of CTC, which includes gas stations, Forzani sports stores, the Crappy Credit Cards, Mark's, etc.

At least people who paid $20 for a $5 bag of salt can console themselves that some of the excessive charge might make its way past their local Moaner/Owner, and to a needy person in their community.

--

Now, back to the usual flood of complaints from the growing ranks of people on Facebook who hate Crappy Tire!

Last edited:

CTH8R

CT says, "Out with the old":

Laurie M.: Or out with the new, Noma Christmas lights that is. Over $250 worth, bought at the end of November, that don't work. But because we waited until after December 24th to return them (as they were on our three storey house), we aren't able to get a refund. We can get an exchange, but I really don't want more non working Noma Christmas lights. Not only did we not get to turn our lights on during the holiday season, but we also lost money in installation fees, as well as the lights themselves. Thank you so much, Canadian Tire. What amazing customer service you have.

CTH8R

Another Salt Gouging Event - to cover the cost of those gift card?

Debby W.M.M.: I must say I am totally disappointed in Canadian Tire. This morning the price of ice salt was $3.49, later this afternoon it was $6.00......yes I know supply and demand but this is crazy....almost double the price right after a snow and ice storm. Many people in the area are seniors and on fixed incomes. Congratulations. You have lost another customer.

CTH8R

Swapndeep S.: Today it is the 5th day since i mentioned about the problem and have not heard from you till now... Please don't answer that we are working on it and also don't appreciate me on my patience... I want an resolution and not your plain words because now your words are not doing any good... If you have take that many days and time to resolve this problem then please answer that the solution it is beyond us. First you are selling the customer a bad product and then take so much time to resolve it and then you claim that strong customer service is important to you guys... So much for Great customer service I should say... If this is good customer service then I dread to think about bad customer service...

Followup:

Swapndeep S.: Today is the 10th day since I sent the first mail to you about my problem... Kudos to your team for resolving it in such a nice manner that now you have even stopped replying... Your No Reply probably means "Forget the resolution"... Kindly atleast tell me how many months or years you need to resolve the problem ??? You replied me on 31st Dec 2013 and now even after the week has passed and I have heard nothing from your side... Probably all you guys can d is Cut and Paste the same answer to everyone who writes a problem to you which is we would like to look further into it. Please take a moment and contact customer service customerservice@canadiantire.com... I suppose good customer service is getting the resolving the problem at an earliest and not let it remain unresolved after 10 days...

CTH8R

CT says, "Out with the old":

Laurie M.: Or out with the new, Noma Christmas lights that is. Over $250 worth, bought at the end of November, that don't work. But because we waited until after December 24th to return them (as they were on our three storey house), we aren't able to get a refund. We can get an exchange, but I really don't want more non working Noma Christmas lights. Not only did we not get to turn our lights on during the holiday season, but we also lost money in installation fees, as well as the lights themselves. Thank you so much, Canadian Tire. What amazing customer service you have.

Laurie isn't the only one:

Sheila M.: Bought a defective set of Noma lights, now am told I have to wait ELEVEN months before CT will honour their warranty? Emailed customer service and, not suprisingly, have heard nothing beyond the form mail saying they received it.

CTH8R

You may recall that on December 21st, Crappy Tire offered a "free gift" of a $20 card.

This offer was spammed to a lot of Canadians, many of whom objected to the mis-naming of this as "free", when in fact it had to be earned through spending at least $200.

The other problem was that they used the word "gift" in the description, and a "gift card" cannot expire. However, these were actually "Promo" cards, and expired .... in about a week!

Here's a sampling of the things our fellow Canadians said in response to this outrageously misleading Spam:

--

Karen C.P.: That's not a gift. A gift is: come to the store to pick up a $X card.

Franky D.E.: A gift is supposed to be free.

Raïs D.Z.: it is not a gift if I have to spend $200 to get it. That is called a scam

Raïs D.Z.: "for free" = isn't that what a gift is, by definition ?
let me help you in case you don't know the meaning of "gift" :
"A gift or a present is an object given to someone without the expectation of payment. Although gift-giving might involve an expectation of reciprocity, a gift is meant to be free."
Gift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill S.: What's the gift? - you have to spend over $200 to get it! Give it free and that then becomes a gift!

Sylvette B.: It's not a gift if I HAVE to give something to receive something plus I have to give 4 × more. Ohh how they try to fool us. Keep your $50 , I' ll keep my $200 !

Doris C.: Canadian Tire? That is not a gift you are offering, Gift means something you give without consequences.

Aunt M.: A $50 "gift" that costs $200?

Andrea H.: Just so you know, Canadian tire, a gift is freely given from the generousity of your heart .......not something I have to pay $200 or more for first.......I think you don't really understand the point of gift giving......and I'm quite sure you are making enough profit to actually give every customer a gift card without them spending so much.....but then I guess you'll want your bonuses....couldn't have you missing those now could we.....

RB U.: And a gift is something u recieve without attached conditions, so please use the english language as it is meant to be understood. Not to make urselves look like u don't have alterior motives.

Dennis W.: A gift has not associated cost - don't use the word gift in this context as its false and misleading.

Dave B.: "Translation" = We're desperate for you to come in and buy something - anything!! Ha! Ha!

Jonathon P.: a gift to us? ... for what? over-charging us for the crap they are going to put on Boxing sales at clearance prices anyway? you do the math, it's no gift, more like an incentive to buy more stuff you don't really need in the first place ... and I point out the promo card is only good at Canadian Tire ... try a pre-paid Visa card - goo anywhere - and then we can talk about it being a gift!

And there was this complaint:

Don C.: I got a promo card and they refused to honour it as I was a day late due to the ice storm !! So I went somewhere else to finish my shoping for Christmas

CTH8R

Z'anybody member what this is about???

Terry L.C.: Ya .. U Guys Need 2 Contact Me Like U Said U Would .. Take Care Of Ur Own Business .. CONTACT ME 5195898389 .. U Know The # !!!! I'll B Reporting On Ur Progress Hear !!!! LETT's Getter Done CTC .. Letts K !!!!

CTH8R

Ok, it's taken a while, but I've caught up on the Arctic Vortex of Customer Complaints, which swept south into the Canadian Tire Facebook page, propelled by Crappy Tire's bone-chilling decision to pay Facebook to spam Canadians about some "Promo" (not to be confused with "Gift") card.

Icy responses from the frozen hearts of Canadians blew in on several 'fronts':

Boycott: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ever-go-canadian-tire-again-46.html#post11403

"Promo" Card: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ok-people-hate-crappy-tire-134.html#post11406

Tires: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...rvice-warranties-online-etc-23.html#post11419

Batteries: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...an-tire-warranty-issues-etc-19.html#post11420

Auto: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...petent-incorrect-incomplete-59.html#post11421

Bait: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ot-enough-stock-bait-switch-10.html#post11422

CS: https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...76-ct-sucks-customer-service-3.html#post11423

But it warmed my heart, when I saw the long, long list of posts that simply stated, "Crappy Tire Suck", as you'll see below ...

Last edited:

CTH8R

As promised, here are some of the general "CT Sucks" comments, that Crappy Tire paid to have show up on their facebook page, LOL!

Some are heart-warming, but others actually send an icy chill up my spine! Bhrrrrr!

Joe C.: Canadian tire sucks

Prosper T.: Canadian Tire Sucks

Duane S.: Hate Canadian Tire

Ron P.: go to walmart and save even more

Bohdan M.: Just shows you how fat their markup is!!!

Hilford B.: Canadian Tire. I will except your offer if you will list all products actually manufactured in CANADA. Not assembled in Canada from off shore BUT actually a built in CANADA product. I have been a customer since 1950. It is disturbing that you have abandoned our manufacturers , putting your customers out of work. This is the same folk you want to buy your items. So list all made in CANADA items and I will return ....

Susan N.J.: Oh yes - gonna run right out and spend $200.00 there after millions of people were scammed at that store ha ha

Quentin R.B.R.: Dear Canadian tire, you reply to Nancy when she gets all warm about your stores but no
reply to Clare Dick, why is that

Dai-dieu N.D.: Canadian tire in Milton is the worst! The auto service manager is an a** hole, who is racist and woman abuser.

Nick D.P.: canadian tire workees are as miserable as zellers workers were.

Jennifer J.: I hate our store here in NG!

David B.: How the hell did this get on my FB page?
David B.: You guys crapped on my lawn. YOU clean it up.

Geraldine S.: CANADIAN TIRE SUCKS!!!! Including there customer service and return policy, the store yes it sucks!

Tomas P.: Canadian tire is terrible, and I'm ashamed to have the word Canadian in the title

Lucy T.: I hate it when I see this kind of stuff on my facebook@!$(%^U()(*&#*^%$#*

Anna T.: I see you have had the time to respond to people recently yet my complaint letter I sent 3 days ago has had no response. I would like to know why 2 of your managers/ supervisors from your Langley/ Burnaby store had any right to criminally harrass me at my job, which included yelling the f, b, and many other curse words at my job to which I do not know how they obtained information in regards to my private life, my work , the specific department and time of my shift. Obviously none of my family or friends are shopping at your stores because of this incident and moreover, what exactly gives your managers the right to violate my privacy rights and make me feel unsafe at my job? if you are not responding, please give me the appropriate email or contact. it should be quite simple.
Anna T.: focusing on my point, I believe your managers have way over stepped a line. I have actually sent you 2 letters to that address then and awaiting your reply. I am pretty much concerned about how your managers obtain information on people's work place, time, shift and details that they are not intended to view or are blocked from viewing. This is a huge violation of privacy. I'm more concerned about my safety and privacy, more than spelling...

Dorothy B.: It sucks in Millwoods. Save your money and time

Tina F.: they have cheap stuff and lousey return policy!

Hoang L.: the most things on the store Made in China

Marjorie P.: I worked for them, and I got layed of a month before Christmas for lack of work. Merry Christmas and all that, CanadianTire and our Labour Laws are all about covering up for the Employer. When did profit become the basis for our laws. The Retail labour laws suck. They did not lack work. Lies lies. Even their 50 dollar card give away means more profit for them
You can't spend it that day. It brings you back to the store where you probably will spend more than $50. All they are giving you is what they pay for the product and they are still making a profit. Creative accounting. It makes me feel lied to in a distasteful way. I will not shop there any more.

Last edited:

CTH8R

You may recall that on December 21st, Crappy Tire offered a "free gift" of a $20 card.

This offer was spammed to a lot of Canadians, many of whom objected to the mis-naming of this as "free", when in fact it had to be earned through spending at least $200.

The other problem was that they used the word "gift" in the description, and a "gift card" cannot expire. However, these were actually "Promo" cards, and expired .... in about a week!

And there was this complaint:

Don C.: I got a promo card and they refused to honour it as I was a day late due to the ice storm !! So I went somewhere else to finish my shoping for Christmas

Here's another Gift Card complaint - probably it was one of the above "Promo" cards - even though CT claims (falsely) that it was a "Gift", it still expired in a week!

Jacky G.: This company is a bunch of crooks. I tried to spend a $25 gift card yesterday and they said it was expired. That's illegal in Canada. Customer service would not do anything to make this right. They were paid for the card, when ever my dad purchased it. Franky I think they owe me $25 plus interest. unfortunately I lost my cool and chucked the card at their Customer service. Thieves is the only word that comes to mind.