CT Challenger

OK, I'll help this thread get back to posting complaints by consumers from CT's very own Facebook page!

Some don't like the lack of Canadian-made goods, others repeat the common observation of poor per-sales support, or crappy car repairs.

But there are an aweful lot who've figured out they have the worst return policies around:

Carey T.: If you buy something and wanna exchange it the next day they won't let you

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Sounds like this guy didn't yet hear the news, about how CT has bob ever lost a dime during its entire existence. But then, I think he has an inkling of where the store are keeping their expensed down:

Terry G.: Canadian Tire - not great service any more. Have you tried to return a defective product lately! Shameful - it used to be such a good place to shop. It's Costco all the way for me now - American but good products and great service!

Last edited:

CTH8R

I'm sure this was an isolated incident.

Just like the hundreds of similar incidents we've been hearing about, year after year. Yup, every single on of them is 'isolated' - by the fine folks at Crappy Tire!

Wendy C.: now maybe you can work on treating repecting the peeple that go in your store staff lol point over there no carry outs and if in line make sure you have your sku or you will be sent back to get your on then the back of the line you go again .no sales skill there call the 1 8oo number lol they wont do a thing neither.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Wendy C.: now maybe you can work on treating repecting the peeple that go in your store staff lol point over there no carry outs and if in line make sure you have your sku or you will be sent back to get your on then the back of the line you go again .no sales skill there call the 1 8oo number lol they wont do a thing neither

An interesting thing about this post:

If you view them sorted by "Top Comments", you see Wendy's is first.

But if you sort them by "Most Recent", it disappears.

Nice fail, CT. Your SysAdmin only managed to partly delete the negative comment!

Reward yourselves next week with a nice pair of Made-In-China Olympic mittens from the Clearance table!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Mis-spelled ... Yet so eloquent!

Wendy C.: omg so true Ron where I live you cant even get a carry out when you bye a air condi and up here ask for help they say not my dept and walkaway I was once sent back at the check out too get my own barcode on what I was byeing I wanted to toss the stuff down and run out the door .If you call the 1 800 number well they do nothing but say ther sorry the staff never changes I now shop at homehardware its still a Canadian store .Burt this add is good must say but they will never up there sales till they train there staff like really I a wanted to run out the store after she embassed me tilling me to go get the barcode only was byeing a wall unit and air cond I think i was spending enuff

More from Wendy:

Wendy C.: Thank you for your reply but I did call .Matter of fact I called head office somewhere I belive the head office s in To Downville maybe cant rember but I did use are 411 to get it .Moreless the mess I got was well the owner was a saleperson at one time and he won,t have that .So nothing came out off that but I can tell you the whole lineup behide me said they where sorry and they couldnt belive it neither so yes .I know and everyone else that day what truelly happened .But here a tip that when i was going too School and working in a dept store that my boss then told me without a custmer you dont have a job .So maybe you can think about that .As for us well we cancelled are Card from your store and now go 45 min out of are way too Homehardware .Truelly a Canadian store where you are treated with a smile and asked if they can help you .thank you for your time most time i ever got from you,s too

CTH8R

A few:

Lloyd M.: CANADA IS TRULY THE BEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET ITS TOO BAD CANADIAN TIRE DIDNT FOLLOW SUIT

William D: Over priced China shop

Rod M.: Advertisement meant to tug at our heart strings for people that donate time and energy to recreation for our children. 90 percent if the products sold in your stores are not made in Canada. If you would like us to support your store, support us and bring manufacturing back to Canada. That's what it means to be Canadian. Not by paying your staff min wage and no benefits.

CTH8R

More:

Don M.: We may proudly play for Canada, but obviously Canadian Tire plays for products made in China. That includes all of the Canadian Olympic clothing. SHAME ON YOU CANADIAN TIRE!!

Owen Y.: Morons: this is an advert cynically produced by an advertising agency,
based upon what focus groups and surveys told them Canadians would respond best to. If you want to be a proud Canadian; give your words of support to an actual Canadian athlete, not some crappy big box store.

Jagdev B.: Canadian tire blood sucker

Jagdev B.: We proud Canada but u know Canadian tire hate Christmas time even this year they didn't pay bonus to their drivers so every driver was so upset with bonus they want buy gifts for family

CTH8R

Marc B.: ... tell me how CT can spend mega bucks for an olympic hockey team consisting of pros ... when you dont even have enough staff in your stores to provide proper service to your customers

Matthew J.N.: Using national pride to sell hardware? Yeah, I mean there are gullible people out there.

CTH8R

Ironic, given their multi-million-dollar ads to get people to spend more on sports equipment. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot:

Megan K.: Thanks Canadian Tire for not letting return some skates even though you explicitly said i could if they weren't used. and then threatening to call the cops when i complained. such heartwarming feelings!

1wildhorse

seems to be a growing thing.customer buys something that doesnt work properly or whatever.customer returns product to store.customer complains when no refund/exchange is offered.CT CALLS THE COPS......keep it up guys youre sure winning consumer confidence with your latest stunt of calling the cops.....

CTH8R

Lovin' the Olympic Spam!

B. Richard M.: Leave your shameless, petro-driven propaganda out of my timeline, please and thank you.

Albert W.: Can trash go away

Cory S.: Gag so many sheep. You really love a store that pays min wage and rips you off on everything except their flyer items? Please.

Ron B.: Canadian tire is changing name to china tire.

Wayne T.: It's a great store as long as you never need to get a refund on anything. The Edmonton Nameo store will only provide in store credits if you try to return a defective product and want your money back. The Kingsway store will still honor a request for a refund.

Artful D.: Chinadian Tire doesn't play for Canada. Most of the products sold in its stores are manufactured overseas...

Liberato P.: If your Canadian you like Canadian Tire. Too bad they don't sell as many Canadian products as when I was a boy.

Ron P.: Canadian Tire ( CTC ) When I worked there I told customers that CTC stood for ( Chinese Tool Company ) That's where all their tools and other items come from ; next time your there check it out for your self, it's right on the box's. Canadian Owned !supporting China's Economy......No wonder we have no jobs in Canada ...Eh !

Last edited:

CTH8R

Not much going on, over at the Crappy Tire facebook page - I suspect they blew their Spam budget, during the Olympics.

Still, there are customer complaints and warnings, trickling in, like this response to their announcement of partial e-commerce, come places:

Jason L.: welcome back 2002, maybe soon you can bring back shipping to our homes.

CTH8R

And this advice on contacting CS:

Mike I.: @Jim M.n don't waste your time it's not worth the email...I've had issues with the dealer in fort st john bc since December 2012 it's now in the hands of my lawyer

CTH8R

Crappy say, "Hockey is our game".

Brent D.: yes and ripping off Canadians too!!!! with car repairs Not so good of a reputation to be proud of