CTH8R

Barby Season, anyone?

Kattrin D.: Love patio time and BBQ time... Unfortunately my Canadian Tire BBQ blew a knob off and fire streamed out; we had a fire on our deck, it was really scary. Thankfully no one was injured. Canadian Tire, I've contacted Customer Service with my concerns but no one has responded. I am worried that this will happen with other BBQs from Canadian Tire, maybe a recall is in order? Please help.

CTH8R

One of the CTers asked what, specifically, is wrong with their inventory system. Well, here's a specific example of the type of problem they have but seem unaware of:

Randal O.: Canadian Tire, please fix this inventory number for this trellis at the Leslie Street Store, Toronto (see screen cap in attached link.). It shows 9 trellises in stock there, whereas the bewildered staff there say they ain't seen none of those for a good two years now at least. Please fix so that someone doesn't waste a good part of their Saturday afternoon like I did on a wild Canadian Tire goose chase. Many thanks.

Screen cap of error is here:
https://drive.google.com/.../0B9rE5es.../edit...

CTH8R

Patio Season, anyone?

Soni S.: Patio time is also my favourite time... except when I bought the Aberdeen set from Canadian Tire and the cushions for the chairs reeked, were chewed up and covered in mouse droppings...I am pretty sure that is a health & safety hazard. I would expect that such items are at least inspected before being passed on to the customer.

CTH8R

This guy's dreamin':

Rob M.: I would like to speak to someone about the experience that I had today in your shoppers world Brampton location. It will be in your best interest to reply to me within a reasonable time frame.

CTH8R

Makes me wonder what Robyn's original post said .... Before it got 'accidentally' deleted:

Robyn B.: Still no reply from customer service about this serious safety issue. Sending video to my lawyer.

CTH8R

Ahh .... "Repair Only", I see:

Susan M.: I just bought a $300 dehumidifier at can. Tire and it doesn't work so I tried to return it. They were very rude and refused to exchange it. They told me to drive to some repair shop and get it fixed. I don't have money to waste repairing a new machine... I don't have a car to drive it there either. This has really upset me and I need someone to do something about this.

Lisa M.: Welcome to the lying crooks of Canadian Tire!!

CT wrote, "Safety is #1".

Susan M.: Thank god Safety is, 'cause it sure isn't customer service... or decency....

More today:

Susan M.: Its over $300 and I've been trying to sort it out for weeks... Repairs are not made on this item. Can.tire. policy says its a returnable item.

CTH8R

John T.: Hate canadian tire there is no service people to help you out. Every time I go I wait 20minutes still no one to help worst service for a store

CTH8R

I read that the manager was just too cheap to fix or buy a new scale, so to save a few bucks, he kept selling propane, but in unsafely filled containers. I just pray nobody dies because of the greed of Crappy People.

Sabrina T.: canadian tire there is a problem with how one of your Gm is running the store in windsor.

Sabrina Terina Overfilled propane tanks pose huge safety risk | Windsor Star
Due to the fact that it was too expensive to replace the unit. As stated on am800. It goes back to mid April now.

CTH8R

Complaints aren't just from customers:

Angie T.: Great unless you worked or work there:)) owner and managers suck!

CTH8R

Dave B.: I called CT to get a price on 4 new tires. After being on hold for over a half hour on two separate occasions, I called back and asked the lady I spoke with if there was anyone in the automotive department and explained that I have been on hold for a while. She said in a saucy tone "there is only one guy there and he is busy". I would have been happy ifthe person at the counter would have picked up for 30 seconds to tell me he was busy and he would be with me as soon as he could. So when I mentioned to the lady that to be put on hold for so long with out anyone even checking the phone just didnt seem right, she replied again, but more saucy than before " well I told you he is busy". And before I had the chance to reply, she hung up on me. At no point was I ever rude to her, so it was totally uncalled for. And that was enough to turn me off from CT.

CTH8R

Nat R.: I went into your store today (as I regularly do), bought some light bulbs, along with some other items. The light bulbs were broken somehow long the way home (I am not sure at what point). When we tried to return them we were accused of trying to fraud the company by your lovely customer service department and as a result, was made to wait 20 minutes so an available automotive guy could inspect a LICENSE PLATE COVER we also had to replace because it did not fit our vehicle. Any other place would have just given us new bulbs and happily returned the cover. Yeah, so now we're out a money over bulbs and made to feel like criminals, AND had a lot of our time wasted... not worth the hassle.... so there's my review. Not a product one but a customer service one.

CTH8R

Kent B.: Canadian Tire sucks and they are rip offs who don't honour their warranty

And, the same old follow-up:

Kent B.: I have already done this and will NOT put myself through the same aggravation I once had to go through knowing there won't be a satisfactory solution.

Kent B.: This should have been resolved the first time I called Head Office.

CTH8R

Dave J.S.: last month I was at the Queenston and Nash store.......to purchase house paint and suppies and accessories...I was planning on spending about 150.00 dollars...As usual the poorly traing staff was ill tempered and did NOT display any interest in my request for paint related questions...a lack of product training and customer service skills....after 35 min. of waiting and chasing staff I got impatient and as usual headed to Lowes Hardware at Nash and Woodward....within 20 min I was out the door....Thank You Lowes Hardware for the great customer service and savings....

CTH8R

Another spam recipient, willing to give up their chance to win a prize, in order to alert their fellow Canadians:

Craig M.: I bought four BF Goodrich tires at Barrie south store.I was disappointed when I only got back $2.65.What the hec is with that.I bought gas there the wk.before and with the 10x coupon I got I think around$2.10 back then,so what's up I've been collecting for over45 yrs.Never so disappointed.

CTH8R

Where can you get a mower that isn't Repair Only?

Tom B.: not at canadian tire thats for sure lol even if it doesn't work they will tell you you already used it and can not return it and their head office will inform you that return policies are managed by individual stores... its a great set up

Last edited:

CTH8R

Another guy giving up his chance to win the 'Review' contest:

Mikhael V.: Ur products come from china and Your axe handle are very weak... Canadian tire.. you should focus on tire...

And another:

Jordan E.S.: Not the greatest customer service from the stores I have been to

CTH8R

Walterine L.: may be time to get out and play but you can't get anything at the Canadian Tire in Fort McMurray to buy to play outside. Went to get a bike today. Next to nothing out on the shelf and when I asked a worker about getting a bike because online there was stock in a bunch of the ones I looked at, I was told oh the stock must be wrong. I asked if he could look and he said no. They are absolutely useless here. I am soon going to not even bother and do without whatever I need than go to Canadian Tire here as it's a waste of my time and I always end up leaving mad because the workers are too bloody lazy to do their job.