CTH8R

Simbad M.L.: How come all the power tools have inferior amperage, the prices are premium and the return policy isnt convenient?

Simbad M.L.: They rely primaraly on loyal senior customers whove shopped there since they were a good store and dont do any comparison shopping.

Simbad M.L.: If im displeased with a product its the law to extend me a full cash refund within 30 days. I dont need instore credit or hostility from store managers when i want my cash back for inferior merchandise.

CTH8R

Dawnn B.: i realize this should be a good comment but i just would like someone who might give a crap know that i am sick of not having any room to simply move my cart in the store for all the bins,,there is never room for two carts in an aisle to pass each other or try to find a product when it is in half dozen bins scattered threw the store! sorry Canadian Tire but for that reason i try to find things at Walmart across the street,,way less cluttered,,,,i would be surprised if anyone even cares.....

CTH8R

I'm sure Anne asked herself, "should I try to win a prize, or give that up to help my fellow Canadians?". Here's how she chose:

Anne M.: Worst customer service experience!

CTH8R

Yikes! Is this what CT meant when they wrote, "Patio Time"???

Kattrin D.: So disappointed with Canadian Tire Customer Service. After discussing with rep, they are not assisting with the BBQ which caused a fire on our deck as a result of a knob blowing off. #fail

Kattrin D.: Love patio time and BBQ time... Unfortunately my Canadian Tire BBQ blew a knob off and fire streamed out; we had a fire on our deck, it was really scary. Thankfully no one was injured. Canadian Tire, I've contacted Customer Service with my concerns but no one has responded. I am worried that this will happen with other BBQs from Canadian Tire, maybe a recall is in order? Please help.

CTH8R

Tracy W-C.: ... i do not like the EZ Hose. It is not like the commercials and it leaks at the Brass fitting terribly. Will never buy this product again (obviously) .

CTH8R

"Review to Win"?

Tanya Y.: Plus the fact that there are a lot of refurbished items (which are junkie items without any warranty, 30 days tops, and 7 days return policy, vs regular 90 days) CT stores. CT used to be a good place to shop......

CTH8R

Wow, I thought CT sucked so much at their much-publicized wedding registry, that they had to voluntarily end it (like theirs failed e-store).

But it turns out some store still do it ... and still suck at it!

JoAnne C.A.: I have no interest in your contests. I have just wasted way too much time looking for the Cdn Tire gift registry on your web site and here on f.b. --- can't find it. I might add that I was directed all over North America in my first search, until I used the local site as a base. If you want engaged couples to register AND want their invited guests to PURCHASE gifts through your registry, at your stores, stop making it so darned inconvenient. Just wanted you to know that this is almost the most frustrating exercise of the year and no retail merchant can afford to ignore self induced customer relations issues. You have lost a sale from me.... wonder how many others just couldn't be bothered letting you know how poorly your web site is working.

Owner 1

Wow, I thought CT sucked so much at their much-publicized wedding registry, that they had to voluntarily end it (like theirs failed e-store).

But it turns out some store still do it ... and still suck at it!

JoAnne C.A.: I have no interest in your contests. I have just wasted way too much time looking for the Cdn Tire gift registry on your web site and here on f.b. --- can't find it. I might add that I was directed all over North America in my first search, until I used the local site as a base. If you want engaged couples to register AND want their invited guests to PURCHASE gifts through your registry, at your stores, stop making it so darned inconvenient. Just wanted you to know that this is almost the most frustrating exercise of the year and no retail merchant can afford to ignore self induced customer relations issues. You have lost a sale from me.... wonder how many others just couldn't be bothered letting you know how poorly your web site is working.

MUCH publicized wedding registry? Now that's an exaggeration if I've ever heard one. Typical though, we get that's how you operate.
Sorry what did you say about failed e-store? You mean you can't order stuff online at Canadian Tire??

Anyways, good job racking up two more complaints on a busy spring weekend. Nice work
Now if we look at my side of things, we've had over 1100 customers through the till today, and it's not even supper time.

CTH8R

Annie M.: On your highly publicized spring sale, you are advertising an RCA TV 45-2072-0 at $242.49 after a supposed reduction of $100 from its current price of $342.49. That is false advertising; your current price for this item on your web site is $299.99. Shouldn't it be selling at $199.99?

CTH8R

Carl E.R.: They are the biggest scammers I've ever had to deal with.. They come across as community orientated and my elderly mother hired one of there roofing contractors and our roof leaked in three places and beside our electrical box and we had to fight and fight to get them to repair the roof, and now we are having to fight to get the inside damages fixed .. They just keep promising that they are on our side and have done nothing to repair our inside ... Nice community support... And to think the generations of buying there about to come to an end , my whole family is mad...

CTH8R

Simbad M.L.: There a line between manufacturers defect and simply poor merchandise. More often than not canadian tire will stop at nothing to avoid honering warranty and will stonewall by passing the buck. This in my opinion is not moral business practice.

Simbad M.L.: … feel sorry for all the loyal customers being duped by the name"Canadian".

CTH8R

Tina B.L.: I can't seem to get any help at all! I bought red paint from Canadian tire and it ended up spilling all over me, my van and products. The new employee admitted he sealed it improperly. He hit one side of the can then the opposite (so the other side popped up) it was put in a bag. I noticed when I picked up the bag when I got home a hole in the bag and it leaked everywhere. This paint was to surprise my toddler after her surgery. I called Canadian tire immediately and she first blamed me. Said I must have dropped it. Then said bring it back. At the counter I walk in covered in paint. They tell me go look around and find the products that you purchased that got paint on them. No one offered to help me. The manager said to me "I hope you don't think your getting anything out of me". I was so upset looking down at my red pants, red hands and being talked to like an idiot, I cried. I was so embarrassed. The manager said come back tommorow I'll give you a $20 gift card. Next day I go back, no one knows what I'm talking about, the manager doesn't even look me in the eye. Throws the gift card in my hand and said "here, I'm busy" and left. Wow!!!! Really. I wrote a letter and no one responded. I wrote on a customer satisfaction survey and no one responded.

CTH8R

'Rick 'Slick' H.: Customer Service .. what a joke you obviously have never been to a CTS in Dartmouth NS on a Saturday or Sunday. It more like a Daycare .... If they have anything you want you best be able to find it alone....

CTH8R

Ah, CT. Always inventing new ways to suck!

Crappy said Canadian Tire wants to put YOU in the driver's seat!”

Stephen P.: This morning I WOULD have been "in the driver's seat" of my own car...except for the fact that an incompetent truck driver for Canadian Tire has caused a massive accident, pile-up, and road closure on Autoroute 40 near Sources Road (ironically near a Canadian Tire store which now is inaccessible)...massive tie-ups, traffic headaches, inconveniences for thousands of Montrealers. At least the traffic doesn't keep me away from Walmart. Time for better training and courses on road courtesy for your employees and contractors.

CTH8R

Alyse F.: HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Experience at the CHILLIWACK location today. Customer Service told me they would replace my product, just to grab a new one, I come back to the desk with my new product only to be told NOPE, they aren't going to do it. To make matters worse, they refused to give me back my defective one because they already threw it out! It was only a $5 dollar product. You lost me as a valued customer.

CTH8R

Leslie V.: I tried to buy this BBQ tonight at the Canadian tire in Bedford Commons in Nova Scotia. The WORST woman working the customer service desk ever. Rude to me and the gentleman behind me. No one working the floor. We ended up going to the Home Depot, free setup and cheaper delivery. To bad because this was the BBQ we wanted, but they didn't want to sell it to us.