CTH8R

Elaine C.: I ordered a set of 4 Michelin X ice 3 tires on Sunday October 21st. The website said I would receive an e-mail from the store and I could phone to SCHEDULE installation. Got the e-mail a week later, called the store and was told, "No appointments for tires." I was pretty disappointed with the misinformation followed by the terrible attitude of the automotive staff. You're website is deceptive - and many of the store staff are rude!

CTH8R

More on Bait and Switch:

Keri S.: I completely agree with you Scott! I wonder if we live in the same town because the SAME thing happened to me! I waa excited to see the ad in my local paper and headed to my local Canadian Tire only to find out that the deal wasn't there. Canadian Tire you should do the right thing and stand by what you advertise instead of misleading customers!! I wasted gas driving there! Either print different flyers for different regions or offer advertised deals in ALL stores! Who do I contact to solve this? I would like a Tablet mailed to me if you can't ship it to my local store.

TheLadyand Oldtoadgil: seems they use hot items as a come on and then try to get your dollars with something else BAIT AND SWITCH i believe its called

CTH8R

A Christmas complaint story:

Blaine M: Last year we bought a Christmas tree from Canadian tire and 2 days be fore Christmas the built in lights stopped working. I went to Canadian tire and the manager told me its late to return it. I didn't want money and if they were out of stock I was willing to pay more $ but the manager said it was policy! So caution your selves everyone as I don't want this to happen to you. I just remembered as we are now looking for a new tree.

CTH8R

Stephen C.: CANADIAN TIRE! I AM PISSED AT YOU -> YOUR MECHANICS QUOTED MY DAD AT 800$ TO REPAIR HIS CAR, HE WENT TO THE LOCAL GARAGE AND FIXED HIM UP FOR 125$ . ON TOP OF IT, WHEN WE WERE AT CT HE GOT STUDDED TIRES AND THE MECHANICS THREW IN A FREE FILTER. THE FILTER WAS NEVER REPLACED... THEY LIED! ..... signed a pissed off Canadian

CTH8R

Gale F.: Well on July 13th, 2011 I had all the brakes done on my Limousine in Kelowna BC they said it was unsafe to let the car out of the shop so we paid the I think it was almost 800.00 to have the brakes done all the way around new rotor and calipers. Today the brakes were grinding so I took it to another place and they said the Caliper was put on and one of the bolts were put in on an angle which made it so that the Caliper would not release therefore it ground the rotor metal on metal and it cost me 472.00 plus tax to have the front brakes done today I am scared to have them check the back one's because I can't pay out another 4 or 500 dollars to have the back brakes redone after Canadian Tire in Kelowna was suppose to have done them all around so I don't know what the rears are going to look like now. SO IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY WORK DONE AT CANADIAN TIRE WATCH EXACTLY WHAT THEY PUT ON AND DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING YOU DON'T SEE THEM DO!!!!! I would like Canadian Tire to explain how this is fair and honest Business.

CTH8R

Linda M.: Canadian Tire is a store that really sucks. No warranty outside Canada for the things they are supposed to be known for "TIRES" PLease look into their store policies before buying, as it is "BUYERS BEWARE" CANADIAN TIRE YOU REALLY SUCK!!!!

CTH8R

Mario P.: I wouldent take a wheelbarrow with a flat tire to your store in newminas after my experience purchasing 4 tires and having them installed and telling them not to use a impact on them and they still did, when it came time to change a flat tire could not remove the wheel nuts and ended up breaking a tire iron and 2 powerbars and took the truck back to there store where they had to cut all the wheel studs off with torches and then gave me a bill for over $350 witch I told them to shove up there @** because they where the cause of the problem

CTH8R

Paul K.: The Kanata store destroyed one of my summer tires (tore off 6" of the bead) when swapping my new winters on and scraped up my aluminum wheels in the process. Offered me a "discount" on a new tire. New tires vibrate like crazy. Taking the truck somewhere else to get them broken down, remounted and rebalanced. How's that for "Tire Smart"?

CTH8R

The out-cry continues. Here's a small sample:

Verika G.: You just lost another customer Canadian Tire. You're THAT greedy you can't wait until after Nov 11th? Do you not have any respect for the men and women that died so you could rip us all off? This year I'm buying my new tree at home Depot. Screw you Canadian Tire :)

Shayne C.: Canadian Tire sicks ass anyhow Veronika ....

Missy S.: on you pushing CHristmas before Remembrance Day . I grew up overseas and the only store that we had on our base was Cdn Tire. I figured this company would have some respect for the fallen..... SHAME ON YOU.

Dave L.: As a vet I hate xmas until at least mid NOV. LEST WE FORGET is OFTEN FORGOTTEN EXCEPT maybe for the 11th. People get to wound up for xmas and put remembrance on a back burner.

Mike W.: WTF we haven't even had Remembrance Day yet. Are you trying to piss off the public.

CTH8R

John L.: Too bad their mechanics have a policy of destroying old model cars. I have witnessed this first hand on my car. Be careful! !!

CTH8R

Quite a list of auto complaints forming up on the Tire Smart thread:

Kane B.: i'm tire smart because i don't buy tires from cdn tire.

Charles C.: i just recently has a very bad experience at the store. price raise 3 times faulty spark plug and very poor service. by time all done still took me for over 50$ more than should have will NEVER set foot in store again

Sheldon S.: I refuse to shop in the store due to my multiple times of incompetent/dishonest auto service in their Kelowna Store, So haven't bought anything in the store for years. Why reward bad behaviour. They don't deserve my dollars. Or yours either.

Michel S. thanks but I'll get my stuff at NAPA

Plus:

Brian B.: Customerservice@canadiantire.ca filters out their staff's bad language from complaint e-mails. Interesting side-step.

Trudy S.: Our Canadian tire store is so disorganized, cashiers don't know how to be polite, and is just plain nasty.All the good employees left and went to work at the TSC store.

CTH8R

General hatred:

Charles C.: After the service and treatment I received today please don't thank me cause I shall never set foot in your store again.

Joey H.: I HATE Canadian tire!!!!

CTH8R

I realize it's a f/b issue, but these are too good to pass up ...

Joel A.: Please take me from you contact list. I don't want to read you crap.

Carissa L.: You're a sneaky whore, Canadian Tire.... I never "liked" your page, yet it still said I did.... I'm onto you >__>

CTH8R

Terrie L.: Went to the store to buy the lights advertised, after waiting for over 1/2 an hour the manager and clerk both said thank you for bringing this to our attention and that head office made a mistake. The 20 light set for 5.99 was one at $5.99. They gave me one free, far cry from 20. As you can tell I'm not very happy.

CTH8R

Andrew S.: No thanks i wont be buying anything from Canadian Tire because of their lack of respect for Veterans...

Last edited:

CTH8R

This lady posted an earlier complaint about false advertising:

Keri S.: I dont understand why NO ONE from Canadian Tire is helping either you or myself...Most companies will answer questions posted on social media sites...most companies care about their customers...most companies want to HELP their customer. ATTENTION CANADIAN TIRE, can someone contact me!?

Sounds like she didn't even get the useless "customer service is extremely important" lie!

CTH8R

This gentleman had a similar experience, both last week, and again this week:

Scott B.: So in this week's flyer the tablet was once again advertised - but for TEN DOLLARS MORE! Not being as trusting as I was last week, I called ahead. Guess what? Yet again, it is not in stock. The employee looked up other local stores to see where I could find some - NOWHERE! So yet again a product was advertised and not available. Thanks also for not responding to my concern last week. I will be taking my business elsewhere and cancelling my CTFS credit card. I'll spend my money sonewhere that appreciates my business and addresses the issues that customers have. Once again, thanks for nothing.

CTH8R

Oh-oh! Another repair horror story:

Sheila K.: On Oct. 29th, I had an appointment to take my car to the Canadian Tire on Kelsey Drive. There was a squealing sound, and I thought I needed shoes and pads replaced. No pulsating or grabbing sensations, so I felt it would be routine maintenance. I dropped the car off @ 8am, and watched an employee drive it around the parking lot once, looked as though he tested the brakes once, then put it into the bay. Around 2 pm they called me at work. I needed $941 worth of parts (brakes and bearings) plus 4.8 hours of labour. I told them no, I wouldn't authorise those repairs. Apparently, I needed shoes, pads, slider kits, hold down kits, drums, rotors, bearings and seals. Hmm. I told him that the bearings at least were under warranty. He told me no, I have an '08. I told HIM no, there is 10 months and almost 40k left on my warranty. He asked if I was sure! I told him to just put my car back together and I would pick it up. I said I would have the dealership look at it. He said they could do the repairs and then Hyundai would refund me for whatever was covered under whatever warranty I had. I told him no, that only works for emergency repairs done while the dealership is closed. He told me the repairs needed to be done for safety purposes. I told him I would be there to pick up my car. When I went there to get it, the service manager tried to talk me out of taking my car, citing safey reasons. I told him I may look like someone who doesn't know about cars, but I do. I said there is no pulsating, grabbing, or other sign of severe brake failure. He let me take it, then. Yesterday I had an appointment with Hyundai for a brake/bearing inspection (just to be safe). THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY BRAKES OR BEARINGS! I do, however, need a front end alignment and have to replace a worn tire THAT CANADIAN TIRE WOULD HAVE SEEN HAD THEY TAKEN MY WHEELS OFF LIKE THEY SAID....wow...I've registered a complaint with the BBB and am reporting them to consumer fraud with the RCMP. The "repairs" would have been close to $2500 by the time they discovered the worn tire and need for a front end alignment. Cost @ Hyundai...$11.30 for labour..they put my car on the lift and took off the wheels Cost @ Canadian Tire $24.35 to drive my car into the service bay. Consumer fraud of the worst possible kind!

CTH8R

Sean M.: Tire Smart Challenge : If you want good tire service you'd be smart to avoid Canadian Tire.

Jim D.: just don't take your car to Canadian Tire Mechanics, you'll be mesmerized when you get your bills and all their pretend repairs, search them on the Web & you'll find it's all true

Yvonne P.: JIM is right.. I wouldn't take my car there for repairs..learned my lesson..got a huge bill but seems like nothing was fixed..took it to a smaller shop..bill wasn't to bad and the quality of work was awesome..