CTH8R

Jennie M.: Sooo many complaints about Canadian tire.. And it's sad cause they r not willing to comment or answer any complaints.. Shop home hardware

CTH8R

A CTer once asked for specific problems with inventory:

Andreea A.: I am sorry to intrude here, but there is NO OPTION available to start my own post. I feel like expressing my repugnance towards Canadian Tire marketing habits. Yes, it has become a habit now for CT to online advertise products that appear to be available in store, but in fact they have ZERO products at the locations they claim to have in stock. It has happened in the past as well and after politely asking for an explanation I was DISCOURTEOUSLY advised to better call the location to make sure the product is available. I thought checking out online is a trustful way of reassurance...I thought CT UPDATES its SYSTEM on a permanent basis like any other reputable company who cares for its clients and wishes to RETAIN them. I have inquired a store associate about Pay&Pick up option, but I received a reluctant answer, indirectly telling me that this service is not to be trusted either. Unfortunately this FALSE ADVERTISING is a repeated story which I know consider a wake up call.

Owner 1

Hey great job. It took you several months to come up with one example from one store. Yes that definitely indicates a national inventory problem.

A CTer once asked for specific problems with inventory:

Andreea A.: I am sorry to intrude here, but there is NO OPTION available to start my own post. I feel like expressing my repugnance towards Canadian Tire marketing habits. Yes, it has become a habit now for CT to online advertise products that appear to be available in store, but in fact they have ZERO products at the locations they claim to have in stock. It has happened in the past as well and after politely asking for an explanation I was DISCOURTEOUSLY advised to better call the location to make sure the product is available. I thought checking out online is a trustful way of reassurance...I thought CT UPDATES its SYSTEM on a permanent basis like any other reputable company who cares for its clients and wishes to RETAIN them. I have inquired a store associate about Pay&Pick up option, but I received a reluctant answer, indirectly telling me that this service is not to be trusted either. Unfortunately this FALSE ADVERTISING is a repeated story which I know consider a wake up call.

CTH8R

What engine oil?

Pamela Y.: Napa oils ever since canadian tire wouldnt take back the wrong brake pads they sold me.Bought new in olds on sale and unable to put in my truck due to a busy life.Finally after getting some time to install them and seeing they were the wrong ones.I was a few weeks beyond the ninety day return policy.these are new in the box pads.Never installed.Had reciept .didnt matter.now they dont to me.NAPA OIL!

CTH8R

Kate R.: Last time I went to Canadian Tire, terrible customer service, Langley store , don't need to go back there to have people be rude to me

CTH8R

Laura D.: Yup, I was at the Nanaimo store yesterday and I was appalled by the way I was treated by the check out young man. Mocked me and laughed with the younger male customer behind me. I will never go back there again. ... If that guy didn't want to work on the holiday, don't take it out on the customers. So long Canadian Tire and I will go shop at the local nursery for future garden needs.

CTH8R

Tom W.: van dented employee admits he did it management refuses to pay great service

Tom W.: To Canadian tire I have read so many people saying that they never received a reply from your department so I did reply but lets see if u get a return

CTH8R

Neil P.: I feel your pain Tom W.
See my story of employees scratching my truck then CANADIAN TIRE refuses to pay

CTH8R

Dennis W.: Whalley Canadian tire has the worst service ever Scott road told me whalley had the part i needed went there and they said they didnt and instructed me to go to lordco and i found someone who had a ounce of knowledge for the job and he said they had the part then came back with the part and it wasnt even what i needed they need to hire people who actually know what a car is and does I went to lordco instead

CTH8R

Kyle V.: Canadian Tire has been a stop for me since I was very young, but after this little fiasco, my eyes are opening and I am very angry, Last Christmas I bought the As seen on TV 50 foot pocket hose as a garage / home use product for 16.00, today for the first time, I actually opened the package and hooked it up in order to wash the cars, As soon as I turned on the water the hose leaked like mad, it will not pressure up and expand fully, it sprays and leaks everywhere we don't want it too! And with the package and the obviously brand new hose in hand, Canadian Tire will not replace it or warranty it! Then why sell it, tarnish your reputation and piss me off, Looks like Canadian Tire, Sport Chek and Parts Source are all going to get my hate mail and be a target of my beware of shopping sources!!!

CTH8R

Reginald T..T.: Canadian Tire website has the worst surfing actions of any website I've been on....all I'm trying to do is check out the scotty rod holders and can't even come up with a fishing department or any scotty merchandise...I'm tire of wasting my time and will be at WALMART.....

CTH8R

Victor O.: Paging Canadian Tire Financial Services! You hired bunch of IDIOTS on Security. They are worst and most unreasonable people that I have dealt with. Someone from your management has to contact and talk to me to let you know thier stupidity over phone! I won't stop not until the management take actions for these bunch of useless, stupid moroons!

CTH8R

Marwan E.: Store at :1019 Sheppard Ave E Willowdale, ON M2K 1C2: Terrible customer service from the manager "Tony", very rude .... I will never shop there again.... long line ups on the cash registers and machines always breakdown and no one knows how to fix them !!! I waited more than 30 min behind a customer who wasn't able to get his receipt and the manager took another 15 min to show up and was extremely rude instead of understanding that we were waiting inline to make a purchase and pay money!
So after i call and report the complain last week to the call center they told me that i will receive a $10 gift card that i haven't received until now!!!
I called to follow up and and the rep explanation was "it takes time up to 10 days!!!" i told her that i will not shop until i receive the card and her reply was "THAT"S FINE!!"
Canadian Tire: instead of posting the standard message that you have below for all "copy & paste" why don't u first start by addressing your managers and customer service reps and then deal with all these complaints with real actions?and follow up?!!! who has time to keep writing same message and calling reps and explaining the terrible service every single time?!!!!!

CTH8R

Marshia I.: Apparently corporate has no control over their franchised stores!!! Twice I have tried to purchase an item and have had a negative experience at the Dartmouth Crossing Store. I guess the owner is netting so much cash that he can afford to throw away paying customers. I even called the customer service corporate number and they were no help. Apparently it is up to the owners discretion on dealing with issues. Stay away from this store...

CTH8R

Felicia C.: Canadian Tire- your Toronto store at Eglinton/Laird is THE WORST! I will be contacting the store manager about the awful customer service by an actual department manager named Racquel. The way she spoke to me AND other employees was disgusting.

CTH8R

Christopher G.: If you took these situations seriously you would have done something years ago about the usually sub-par customer service at your stores. It's a wonder that you stay in business given that you have so much competition from "big box" stores that offer way better customer service, more consumer friendly return policies, "real" online shopping, shipping, and a general better shopping experience. It's not 1994 anymore, so please stop doing business like it is.