CTH8R

Loren K.: Canadian tire is amonopoly it's worse than an american company they rip off poor Canadians. That is the cause of my being upset.

CTH8R

Only "starting to suck"? Many say the already fully suck!

Steve M.: well how about this you FROOT LOOP DINGUSES that run Canadian Tire because this is the 12 WEEK of the same crap from the auto department. 12 weeks of nothing but ROTORS AND BRAKE PADS...Do you FROOT LOOP DINGUESE at this shop sell anything else in the Auto Department or are you just to stupid to bring DRUMS AND SHOES OUT...... WOW I am the 6 generation to shop and this store and I must say your store is starting to SUCK BIG TIME. So bring different auto parts you FROOT LOOP DINGUES. I GUESS WHEN PEOPLE FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE BBB YOU LEARN NOTHING.

CTH8R

Susan M.: I've been waiting almost a year for a reply from Canadian Tire. You keep telling me that customer service matters to the company and that they will get back to me as soon as they can... WELL A YEAR? it doesn't ever take that long to get back to a person about something! What is the deal with it? I asked here, I asked online, I sent mail to the higher up office... NO REPLY. Zero communication.

CTH8R

Patricia L.: I'm glad I am not part of them anymore.

Patricia L.: The only thing Canadian about them is it happens to be in the name....

CTH8R

Catherine C.: Where on earth do i go to register a complaint about Whitehorse Canadian Tire? Can't find any place online except some outfit called "gripevine".

Here, Catherine! You can 'register' a complaint here!

Plus you can contact Customer Disservice, who will kick your comments right back to the Moaner Owner who ignored you in the first place, LOL!

CTH8R

Sandy M.: Need to work on your app. Says in stock, go down, not in stock. Even employee looks for item, says in stock but realizes inventory hasn't been updated for months. Waste of time,

CTH8R

Robert M.: Worst experience I've ever had in the automotive department. I bought tires with a special package. Valid from September 5th to October 5th it gave me a free oil change and winter time inspection. Once I had purchased the tires I went to ask the service managers how the deal would work the manager stated he's had a few days off and that he can't keep up with all the deals and flyers (which is his job) told me without proof with the flyer he wouldn't be able to validate the offer. As I was leaving right beside the other service managers desk is a poster with the deal and I have a picture of it.I then go to the customer care department where the lady was extremely unhelpful pulled me out the latest flyer and then had told me there was nothing should could do. I was lucky enough to have a copy of the flyer at home I went back in and showed that same manager and he said bring the car in tommorow no problem they will do the service. Bad well it gets worse today I came in early to get the service done the gentleman tells me I need to fill out paper work which then will be sent in the mall but it won't be valid since today is the last day of the offer. While the other manager that helped me yesterday was in he told me not to worry he would help me out. He took my car in at 9:30 and told me it would be done in 1 hour and 30 mins I'm still waiting in the wait room and my car just got into the garage I am furious and will be writing a long letter to the head office I also have the names of all the individuals who have so called helped me here cough*. I have the decency to keep there names confidential. Good day this is the last time I use your terrible service

CTH8R

Gee, aren't these "Write A Bogus Review" contests supposed to make people hate the store LESS??

Ang S.: You think that is bad just try going to a store to buy an item in there ad !! I can't write a review on something I can't buy !!!! It's not even on display nor do they have any in stock ..nor do any area stores way to go !! Your yet another Canadian retailer heading down the path to chapter 11 like our friend sears ....

Cassandra D.: Great contest except for the fact that it directs you to the mobile website to sign up and write reviews which does not work. It also asks you to download the mobile app which I did to make it easier. You can't even write reviews from the mobile app, only view them! The only way to write a review is going to the FULL site.
Such a terrible way to have a contest in this day and age with technology as big as it is. I would love to participate but I am not going to go through the trouble of navigating the full site on my iPhone just to be a name in a contest I probably have 0 chance at winning anyways.

Owner 1

Now how much do people really hate Canadian Tire?

I will gladly stack my statistics up against yours for the truth about Canadians shopping at Canadian Tire!

CTH8R

Andrew J.: I bought a shed 21 days ago and it went on sale and they would NOT do a price guarantee!!!!!!!! This is the only big box store in town that does not give you min 30 days!!!!!!! REMEMBER THIS NEXT TIME YOU SHOP THERE!!!!

CTH8R

Ouch! And, ouch again!

William E.: I am so happy to be on workers comp, being treated like a criminal so that Steve Chase and the Partners Film Company get to make millions making the Canadian Tire Corporation look like it cares about something other than money. Even thought they do not care about their workers!
It's better in Bangladesh!

CTH8R

Deanna C.: I have to agree with the customer service....we had a hole in our tire and went there and ALL the mechanics were on lunch break at the Chilliwack location and we were told it would be at LEAST a half hour wait. We could see them all out back smoking and standing around.....so...we went to Kal Tire who not only took us right away they repair the hole for no charge...plus they were friendly. That is only one of my stories about Chilliwack Canadian Tire.......too bad because everyone I talk to since I have moved here (six months ago) seems to agree that the customer service is terrible.

CTH8R

Ryan S.: Why cant u guys have people that know what their doin working the auto parts department, people that know and have a passion for auto industry!

CTH8R

Hmmm .. Usually their financial services suck less than their Red Triangle if Crap stores:

Patricia I.: Hello my name is Pat Isbister i just called Canadian Tire Credit Dept to make a transfer they told me they could not do it I have had this acct. for years with no problem But don't have this ????? Y NOT??????

CTH8R

The Crappy Webmaster claims headlights burn out gradually, the implication being you should replace them BEFORE they suddenly stop working.

Andrew A.: Wow that is something i have never heard of or seen. Which is weird because i work on cars for a living! The only times i see a light being dimmer is with a foggy lens or a power or ground issue. But whatever it takes to sell someone new bulbs i guess.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Jamie P.: I've gone through that process after Canadian Tire sold me an exercise bike and the box it came in was filled with hundreds of ants. From the store itself and customer service I basically received a complete non-response. The whole experience cost me about 4 hours (travelling back and forth to store, killing ants, emailing customer service) and all I got was sorry about that and thanks for your feedback. Don't waste your time.