CTH8R

Every time they have one of these offers, there are the same type of problems.

You'd think after many years, they'd at least TRY to fix their broken system ...

Cheryl S.: I received both coupons. However when I went to use them yesterday afternoon at the On Route location in Trenton (East-bound 401) I was denied. I was told first it wasn't Canadian (what??), second, that because it said "Alberta" I couldn't use it as I was in Ontario (had to explain what 'excludes' meant) and lastly since he'd never heard of it he would not let me use it. I went elsewhere to fill up on gas. I'm not very happy and will not be participating in any more of these promos.

CTH8R

Mike B.: Your in-store customer service sucks. Cambie & 7th. Guy 2 aisles away can't help. Has to page someone else.

CTH8R

Oh, Remembrance Day is coming! We know because Crappy is putting out Halloween and Christmas items!

Curtis M.: Soooo disappointed in canadian tire. Halloween isn't here yet and they already have Christmas decorations out. What about Remembrance Day, show the veterans some respect and put the Christmas festivities

CTH8R

Lynn B.F.: DO NOT EVER BUY A MASTER CHEF BBQ - OUR GRILLS RUSTED WITHIN 6 MONTHS AND THEY WON'T REPLACE THEM! MADE US PAY $70 FOR NEW ONES AND THEN SENT US A SHEET ON HOW NOT TO GET THEM TO RUS - MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE

CTH8R

Aaron H.: Abbotsford store. No one answers your phone. Doesnt matter what dept you call. No one bothers to pick up. Im coming from one town over to get a tool that the website says is in stock. Who knows if its been updated though

CTH8R

CT "money:

Peter F.: I can even remember when it didn't take 6 years to collect enough to buy something bigger than a flashlight!!!!

CTH8R

Norm M.: Canadian Tire you guys think you could send something more than just a "we are really sorry to hear this.... " form letter?

CTH8R

Gareau N.: Before entering a contest, how about getting customer service and having the material in stock ... Alexandria, ON store has no customer service ...

CTH8R

Krzysztof W.: Or a customer you have lost for having no customer service or selling 5 year old dewalt batteries ....

CTH8R

Elizabeth H.: Still waiting for your customer service to respond to my October 14th emails and the one I left on your post (oct 14 hero of play). This is absolutely ridiculous. Your CRM is shameful, especially for such a large company.

CTH8R

As many have pointed out, the "regular" prices are consistently higher than normal, to make the sale prices seem better:

Kelly I.: Sorry to post here. I can't post a new comment on a page. I was on my way out the door to purchase your Rock Heritage Non-Stick Cookware. I thought it was an amazing deal (149.99 - regular 499.99) Can you please explain this to me then?

The page can be found.. but Starfrit lists the regular price for the same cookware set at $299.99 not $499.99. Why the huge markup? I find it more than a bit misleading.

https://www.starfrit.com/.../heritage-artisan-ensemble-en...

CTH8R

Sunshine's D.: i think they need more experienced staff. if they do not know their stuff they should not be there and it is the same with other stores. you must be knowledgeable about the products you offer and what is in stock or not. this would also apply to management too by letting their staff know what is not available or sold out! and if for some reason the staff member does not know....then if you want to keep the customer, let them know you will find out and be right back to let them know if said product is in! it is not rocket science!

CTH8R

Gordon C.P.: I agree with you I don't blame the staff it's management.it just pisses me off when I go to the store to get what i want and it's not there or it's out in the ware house

CTH8R

Terri C.: As you suggested I did send the screen shot to show that I did a review but as of today (2 days later) there has been no reply. I see many others getting the same results from trying to get a PIN through placing a review so am I safe to assume that my efforts were fruitless?

CTH8R

Terri C.: I just received a reply and now I have to provide them the item name again that I reviewed, my email address that I used .... I have sent both and the verification notice to the item. If this is what is needed to acquire a PIN for a contest then there are some IT kinks that really need to be worked out.

CTH8R

Linda has a good point, about how the Review To Win contest encourages people to falsify favourable reviews for products they never bought, thus skewing the reviews:

Linda J P.: The opening sentence on this "Review to Win" is "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY". How, then, can the goal of the contest be" to have customers rate products that they've purchased at Canadian Tire..."

CTH8R

"Trick or Treat"?

Mostly Tricks, at this place!

Dave L.: Canadian tire needs a name change, CRAP TIRE. Over the years the products have just turned to garbage, I will never buy another power tool at this place, grinders last 3 months, chop saw lasted 1 trailer build, used my scroll saw twice in 3 years and the switch fell apart and the list goes on. I used to enjoy shopping the isles for tools now I go for washer fluid and hockey tape, sorry craptire your profits out way the quality you used to have, perhaps you'll do well at selling cleaning supplies maybe a freezer section too. Wait, WALTIRE???????