CTH8R

Sonya M.: Hello Canadian Tire,
Like many Canadians I appreciate your continued support of youth sports programs. I have to however, take issue with your current television commercial featuring your small appliances. In the ad a couple is viewing the kitchen of a property that presumably is for sale. It is very nice and they are impressed, until your company spokesman tells them to "Hold on! I have seen this, it's a classic staging trick." The ad continues with the spokesman directing them to look at the small appliances instead, then of course water pours from the light fixture when the water tap is turned. Implying that the "staging trick" was used to mask or hide this horrible deficiency. I admit that the ad is amusing, however, the implication that staging is used to "trick" buyers or hide dangerous flaws is not amusing at all. I am a hard working entrepreneur who owns and operates a real estate styling (staging) business. I can assure you that my professional code of ethics as well as my business practices do NOT support hiding/masking/covering visible or known deficiencies or flaws or otherwise "tricking" consumers EVER. Our job is to visually market a property through highlighting positive aspects and minimizing less than ideal aspects (small room, poor floor plan, or misplaced fireplaces to name a few).
I have a well developed sense of humour and I can generally see the humour in most situations but I cannot see the humour in maligning and accusing an entire profession of misconduct in order to have an amusing advertisement. Perhaps you don't adequately understand what stagers do, many in the past haven't. Which is why we as a profession have spent the last 10 years+ educating the public. If you would like further information about staging, I would be happy to assist with any questions or direct you to two great resources: CSP International Business Training Academy and Resor med charter och reguljärflyg - Boka din resa hos Ving. Both of these organizations and their members are also anticipating your response to our disappointment.
As a small business owner I try my best to help the economy by buying Canadian and supporting Canadian business. My business type in particular often involves recommending repairs, updates and cosmetic changes for home sellers to complete and Canadian Tire would have been a source I gave my clients. It is very seldom that light fixture updates, wall repairs, cleaning supplies, paint colour changes are not needed for occupied properties. Most clients of mine want a one stop shop. I simply cannot support a business that is actively hurting mine.
Ideally, my wish would be that the commercial in question is edited to not misrepresent staging in such a negative way. Every time it airs more damage is done. As a respected colleague pointed out, I wonder what the response would be if "stager" was instead "home inspector" or "contractor"?
Shame on you Canadian Tire for putting potential profit ahead of valued customers and small businesses.

CTH8R

Crappy is posting absurd riddles on Facebook, to amuse Canadians ...

Jen K.: How about canadian tire answers the riddle of a store not giving rain checks on flyer items even though the flyer doesn't indicate no rain checks. Poor taste, false advertising and bad customer service. Time to head to Walmart....

CTH8R

How does Crappy respond to 'opportunities for improvement'?

Arthur dl W.: Nice work Canadian Tire. The account I created to write a review has disappeared. What a coincidence.

CTH8R

Jonathon P.: Should Canadian tire exchange or at the very least offer to fix your mastercraft tool if it is broken????? I purchased one 5 to 6 months ago and tried to use it for the first time today and it didn't work! I went to take it back but had no recipes because it was a while ago and they told me without a receipt they can do nothing for me. I paid $199 for this nailer for nothing!!!! Ouch! But I guess since they smiled and told me I should keep my receipt next time it makes it better. Is Canadian tire not the only supplier of mastercraft?!?!?!

CTH8R

The CTers keep claiming they are embracing technology - LMAO!

Susan A.M.: I cannot believe this - I always go to CT for all my items and have loved this store for years. I'll continue to shop in store when I'm in town (an hr away) but I will never 'cyber shop'. You need to tell the team who came up with this campaign that they need to go back to the drawing board. Cyber means on-line as in shop on-line for a product and an offer to have shipped to home (or perhaps an in-store pick up option for no charge) - to depend on in store availability and in- store pick up is not cyber shopping. Do it right or don't do it at all - you've only disappointed formerly loyal customers and look very foolish in the retail world.

CTH8R

Should people follow the Sys Admin's advice, and call Crappy Tire's 1-800 number?

Kaitlin M.: don't bother calling ive been on hold for over and hour and before that a half hour and was hung up on

CTH8R

CT is SO innovative ... always coming up with new ways to suck!

Rob S.: I had the same situation last weekend. One store sent me to another store 35 minutes away (closer to home, mind you, so that was okay)... When I got there, they proceeded to send me back to a Part Source store closer to where the first store was. And to top it all off... I asked them to call and confirm that they had the product in stock before driving in the direction I just came from. They said they had it, but that they close in 10 minutes, proceeding to encourage me to drive fast' if I want to make it before they close... What the hell?! Your employees wasting an hour of my time in a wild goose chase, and no doubt $15 worth of gas in the process :mad:

CTH8R

Tom TCJ.: Well, I did as you asked, and it's been several business days, and no reply. I received your automated confirmation of the receipt of the email, but nothing since. I'd like to follow up that the owner hovers over staff, you could cut the tension with a knife, staff doesn't dare to say a word, fearful of the owner and manager. You have a poisonous athmosphere there, which I know you don't want to reflect on your corporate image. I understand that the best staff from the Mountain Road Moncton, NB have all gone to the Dieppe, NB location. You have a real problem at the

CTH8R

Becky M.: Thanks for wasting an hr of my time! Spent 30 minutes in your Langford location yesterday while a staff member tried to help me (tried, as in, had to find the keys, had to look in the back, didn't check any other cupboards), but he couldn't find the 3 it says they have onhand, so went back today. Stood at the outdoor counter for 10 minutes without seeing a staff member. Went to cash and she reluctantly offered to call someone. Spent another 20 minutes waiting for anyone to walk by, only saw one person and she intentionally ignored me and scooted into the back. Why send out 2 day coupons then waste my time and not let me use them? You're lucky I'm not a bad person, or my bags would have been full of stolen merchandise when I left.

CTH8R

Joshua A J M.: So I buy an expensive pair of Night Vision Binoculars from Canadian Tire and I get home open up the box to find that its the wrong product (The lowest model of the version I wanted) and the product was damaged and did not even work.. I try to exchange it or get my money back and they told me they couldn't even tho i bought the item yesterday....
#CanadianTireRipOff #CanadianTire #BuyerBeware #DontShopAtCanadianTire

CTH8R

Beau Heaton @canadiantire your new Christmas commercials are hilarious, good stuff. But I've got a complaint about your return policy. I purchased some tire chains for a trip and then couldn't make it so I tried to return them (brand new, in the box, with receipt) and was told that they could only be returned within 24 hours of purchase. If that's the return policy for tire chains, why wouldn't the customer be informed of this? Up until now I've been more than satisfied with the return policy on most products, but this seems a bit unfair. Please private message me or reply back. Thank you

CTH8R

Crappy is posting absurd riddles on Facebook, to amuse Canadians ...

Jen K.: How about canadian tire answers the riddle of a store not giving rain checks on flyer items even though the flyer doesn't indicate no rain checks. Poor taste, false advertising and bad customer service. Time to head to Walmart....

Brian P.: If your car was fixed by Canadian tire...then the answer is BUS lol

CTH8R

How does Crappy respond to 'opportunities for improvement'?

Arthur dl W.: Nice work Canadian Tire. The account I created to write a review has disappeared. What a coincidence.

Nicole A B.: They deleted my review too. Guess they don't want the truth, just the ratings.

CTH8R

Emelyn P. T.: I am still waiting for my order to come. No email yet. Cuisinart fOod processor . It said dec.1 pick up but still have not received an email.

CTH8R

Victor C.: I am a former employee of Canadian Tire, and do a lot of personal shopping there... I was saddened to see the following post on Facebook...

(the name is withheld, as I do not have permission to post it)

<quote>
Was in Canadian Tire for Christmas tree decorations. Rows and rows of decorations. Asked about a Nativity Scene, worker sadly told me, that they aren't allowed to sell them anymore. Hmm, isn't this season about his birthday? No more Canadian Tire for me...
<end quote>

This is Canada… Canadian Tire is Canada… Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus IN A MANGER…

Why would you think that you need to stop selling Nativity Scenes for fear of offending someone?

CTH8R

Bruno A.: Careful with Canadian Tire Flyers
Prices are inflated it seems before rebate and saving seems fictitious
Almost bought a night owl binocular stated at 499.99 from 599.99 and when last minute i verified costco online i found it ar 459.99

What a shame to missrepresent rebates and pricing ... Will have to check every rebate before bying from canadian tire what a shame ...

CTH8R

Yikes!

Elisabeth G.W: I had a horrible experience in the Canadian Tire store in Mont-Tremblant, Qc. I was issued a refund a while back which was put on a refund card. Today, I went to make a purchased which I wanted to pay with that card. I was told I could not use because it had expired! Nowhere on the card is an expiry date indicated. I've been a canadian tire customer for over 40 years and after this I'm rethinking where I shop. This refund card is clearly a scam. Very disappointed!

CTH8R

Bruce L.: Just had the worst customer service at
3500 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC
Had my keys cut at in store. There was a big orange shelf price tag "NHL/CANADA Keys for $4.99” there was 5 different keys from various canadian hockey teams. There were no other price tags. So I decided to to get one of my favourite team. When it scanned it, price rang up $5.35. I reminded the store about the Scanning Code of Policy. The cashier didn’t know anything about it even when I pointed at the giant sticker right beside the checkout counter. He paged manager - took over 10 minutes for him the show up. I told him about the shelf label and he offered me the $4.99 - totally ignoring the Scoop policy. He then claimed that the shelf on label was didn’t apply to the one key NHL key that was cut. It didn’t make sense, because there was no other price tag on the shelf and that one shelf tag with the label “NHL/Canada Keys $4.99” is very misleading and violates the SCOP. He refused to honour it and said the label on the shelf is not misleading. I ended up not buying the 3 already cut keys and abadoned all the merchandise in my cart.
I will never shop at this store again and will remind my friends/family about my experience.
The funny thing is there was a lady in an adjacent checkout lane who also had and item incorrectly scanned in. She managed to grab the tag off the shelf showed the cashier. She got the price adjusted, but SCOP not applied here neither. Why does Canadian Tire bother advertising a policy they clearly refuse to honour.
Oh when I left the store, the Manager ripped the "NHL/Canada Keys” off the shelf.

CTH8R

Sean W.: So let me get this straight... your stores are called "Canadian TIRE" and are full of automotive items, but even according to your company's online catalogue, you do not sell a single model of OBDII scanner, not even a ScanGauge II or similar. Have I got that right??? Wow. #PrincessAutoSavesTheDay...AGAIN.

CTH8R

Kaitlin M.: Does anyone know how to actually talk to anyone at this company? Last week I waited on hold for 40 mins and was hung up on then waited on hold for another hour and a half and still nothing. I then sent an email right after that (again a week and a half ago) and still no response.