CTH8R

Austin P.: give the Calgary Canadian Tire staff a lesson on customer service while you give the North Bay Ontario staff training as well... two birds with one stone at least get one thing right!

CTH8R

Jackson K.: To whom it may concern:

The reason I'm taking the time to write this letter is to inform you of the disgusted actions of one of your master card people whom you had working at the location at Leslie and sheppard this past Sunday January 18th around 1:30pm.

I was standing in the isle looking at something that I was thinking of buying when i over heard a very pushy and aggressive Sales representaive speaking to one of your customers about signing up for a master card. The women that was pushing your customer to switch over to another card is in her 20s, middle eastern descent about 5'7 with long dark hair and was wearing a blue skirt and blue jacket. she was partnered with a male who was about 5'11 dark hair far completion wearing a white shirt with black pants. It looked as if she was " training " him.

The person that she was speaking to was an older man of asian descent, who looked as if he was having a hard time understanding her. There was obviously a language barrier and she was taking advantage of this. along with his age factor. Your customer looked as if he just wanted to continue to shop but she wasn't allowing him enjoy his experience with-in the store. He would try to walk away from her but she kept going after him, asking him for his ID because she has to set him up with a new card.

The fact that she was taking advantage of this older man who was having a hard time understanding this person is disgusting. And the fact that you allow this to happen in your stores is just as bad, as its happened to me a few times, however I have no issues telling someone to leave me alone and to stop bugging me while I shop. I'm also quite sure that this is happening in a lot of your locations however people just don't take the time to write about it, or perhaps they do and nothing has been done about it.

I can give you my word that I'll not be stepping foot back into any of your locations until you people remove these pushy and aggressive credit card sales reps from your locations. The idea is to help Canadian's stay out of debit, not put them more into it by pushing a credit card down their throat or making them feel as if they have to have one to save in your stores, much like this person did today to this man.

I expect a reply back as well as what corrective actions will be taken toward this individual as well as future credit card sales reps with-in your locations.

Regards

CTH8R

Yo. If people are wondering where all the traffic has gone on this thread, be aware that Crappy is throwing their whole Spam budget behind some highly misguided battery ad's.

Which are epically failing, as per usual, and provoking nothing more than the seasonal outcry about their horrible batteries and even more horrible (lack of) service.

The whole epic disaster is available for perusal and guffaws over on the battery thread:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ies-canadian-tire-warranty-issues-etc-23.html

Enjoy!

CTH8R

Oh, wait. Here's some'um.

(Apart from all the battery warnings, it's pretty much the only thing gettin' posted, besides all the one-off posts for the mysterious "Mukhtiar Sidhu", who's allegedly an Asian living in Winniepeg, and just totally LOVES Crappy Tire, but only has, like, three English words: "Like", "Great" and "Good". LMFAO!)

Anyway, here's something: a) legit and b) not a complaint about auto batteries:

Michael D.A.: Bad service! Do yourself a favor pay a bit more and go to your dealer and feel like a human. Bad attitude, bad customer service from the top to bottom. I do NOT recomend. They do not care after you pay!

Sangria5

Yo. If people are wondering where all the traffic has gone on this thread, be aware that Crappy is throwing their whole Spam budget behind some highly misguided battery ad's.

Which are epically failing, as per usual, and provoking nothing more than the seasonal outcry about their horrible batteries and even more horrible (lack of) service.

The whole epic disaster is available for perusal and guffaws over on the battery thread:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/g...ies-canadian-tire-warranty-issues-etc-23.html

Enjoy!

maybe the traffic is going away because you have a dying website….you know, all the profits and such at the triangle. Nice call on Target though. you gotta check out all the Walmart and Home Depot hate sites….2015 should be a very lucrative year. Ciao for now, faker advocates.

CTH8R

Michael D.A.: ... Short answer is they told me I needed a part. I got it and it cost close to $150 with labour. It still didn't work. I went back and they wouldn't look at it with out another appointment. I got attitude I called customer service and got the same double tlk and refuse to except any responsibility or even apologize from them. So I took it to the dealership and there was nothing wrong with the part it was something else. The store will do nothing about it(refund the cost of the part they put in). they said they don't have the original part any longer. i will send all the proof to the address you supplied. Thank you.

CTH8R

Bryan L.: I sent an email into you all but never got a reply. why is that.. why will you people not allow messages liek OTHER like pages..it is very disapping when you people have stuff on sale but yet there is no stock in some of the stores. why even have it on sale or even why not allow rain checks to be given out really. I got some stuff a couple week ago, I was told after 100 I get a 15 promo card and I was at 145.00 in total and I then found out it was after 75 bucks I could have spent an extra 10 bucks more and get a extra 15.00 dollar card.. not impressed on that. and I emailed the site and non reply..

CTH8R

Seems to be a Theme:

S F.B.: Canadian tire auto services
WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

S F.B.: I entered a case and nothing happend

S F.B.: now you will ask me my case number and you have done this three time with in last two months! but nothing happens. I will not let it go and your store number 497 in brampton will get the court papers soon!

CTH8R

Woo-hoo! Crappy cut a cheque to Facebook, to get more spam flung onto Canadian newsfeeds.

Now we can get a fresh batch of customer horror-stories - sponsored by the morons at Crappy Tire!

Adam B.: ... Now all they need is more than 5 teenage staff working at any given time. Trying to get someone to help you is like trying to pull teeth. And good luck trying to ask them questions about anything. Hire more people who know there department and less out of high school kids.

CTH8R

Not the usual complaint - CT is always finding new ways to tick off Canadians!

Sean G.: Well tell the people driving your 18 wheelers to stay off roads that are banned for trucks. Canadian tire breaking the law today in fredericton nb. One of your trucks just drove down my street. Crocket st that has clear markings that no trucks are allowed but he used it as a short cut. Get your people in order

CTH8R

'Nother ...

Karen C.K.: Yes obviously , making your new Glasgow Employees go in in the middle of a blizzard ? You should be ashamed of your self, risking their lives to get to work , all because of the Big Company looking out for the BIg ole' Mighty Dollar, when everything else in town is closed.. CANADIAN TIER IS OPEN.. SHAME ON YOU.

CTH8R

Ashley L.W.: Haha. Spent $600 in store today.. get home, open the box.. and a vital part to my thing is missing. What a joke. Also closing at 7pm on a saturday? Never wasting my time again. 2nd time at this store and 2nd time ive had problems.

Ashley L.W.: Why would you tell me to call when you close at 5pm? Another joke with you guys.

CTH8R

Ashley L.W.: Don't EVER waste money at Canadian Tire.

Spent $500 plus taxes and other items on excersice equipment last night.. garunteed I can return it.

Parts are missing and broken. Now they refuse to refund me only exchange for the same bike.. (yeah because i want another crappy qulity bike...)

Thanks for nothing CT. Will never waste money in your store again.

CTH8R

Samantha K.S.: Would be nice if a raincheck item was in on time. Really getting sick of calling every week! My order has been on hold since Dec 23!! Wayyyyyy overdue. The staff is starting to become impatient because i keep calling or stopping in when im in the area. Do not like to be told "We'll call when its in"

CTH8R

PaulandSuzanne S.: It would be nice if your information was up to date. Twice now we have made specific 120km round trips to get items which are supposedly in stock and when we arrive they are not, yet computer in store says they are. We called on thursday checking items were physically in store, got told they would have them on saturday, we arrived today and got told they had arrived but were returned earlier to wherever they came from. Not good service!

Kristina C.: Though technically not allowed to "hold items", if you could of had someone pay for it they could do a 3 part bill and you could of picked it up. Never assume what the computer ETA says it will be in! Always call ahead the day of and make sure it is physically in the store! (it's what I tell people all the time!)

CTH8R

Kaillash K.: why you guys are selling old parts in new pakage when we order online parts.

Kaillash K.: I place an order online for my car air intake filter and went to pickup at my local store and when i received my order the packing was not intact air filter was used and dirty. the supervisor on duty was took it as a normal incident and start blame game by blaming online ordering team. this kind of dishonesty is a normal practice in local store it is 3rd incident of ripoff. Canadian tire corporate more interested in collecting franchise fee rater then protecting the Brand. All 3 ripoff incident Canadian tire offer me free oil change which i declined and ask to fix the real problem but over the year i don't see any changes.

CTH8R

Interesting how even this snow-based PR-grab is back-firing:

Joe V.: ... I think they neede all their manpower for the big advertizing and self promotion event ... Good advertizing Canadian tire but I hate to tell you that the small snowblower I bought at your store was not of any help so I had to use a craftsman. Nice idea though. I now understand why they were using shovels and not their snowblowers. While I'm on it you might want to reconsider your customer service staffing. In the store I go to, they tried to sneak a solar panel in a punctured box that was obviously bent ad I had refused it, into my order by flattening it out and turning it upside down to conceal the puncture. She was heard to be calling me names and swearing whn I insisted. Next time I went into the store she glared at me for 5 minutes and walked away when I was unfortunate enough to have to ask for assistance with a product. .

CTH8R

Strong customer service is, of course, important to Crappy Tire ..... just as long as it doesn't cost them a nickel .... or a refund on a defective snow blower.

Should Joe contact CS yet again???

Joe V.: I may. As it is at present I wouldn't go into the store again if you paid me. Thanks for the concern nonetheless. Maybe I should tell you about the shrinking hose that blew up and when I took it back I had to wait in line for40 minutes at the service desk ad when I got to the front of the line, the clerk called a service rep from the garden section and the first words out of her mouth were, "is that one of the recalled ones" no kidding, this happened. I've been a fan since living in Ottawa in the late sixties and know that this is not organizationally approved behaviour but as the stores are money makers, have good prices some managers cut too many corners on staffing or can't keep their good saff. After I had a stroke I broke the fan-belt on my motorhome. I had it towed to the Canadian tire in Terrace BC. I explained it was an emergency and couldn't change it myself with one arm functional. They couldn't help me and said I couldn't stay the night in their parking lot but they did have the fan-belt. Do you have a clue what it's like to be stuck in a strange town under those circumstances. I explained my situation to the acting manager who was not "able to help, sorry" so being stuck I spent another 40$ on a pry bar, apiece of pipe and a long handled wrench. With one hand, in the parking lot, I was able to release the alternator and instal the belt but wasn't able to tension it. Quess what, wrong belt. A customer who had seen the situation helped me take it off and I went in to get a new one. Guess what I had to do. Yep wait at the customer service desk to return the belt. I got a boost from the guy who was helpful and drove it to the nearest RV service. even though as it turns out they di have the right belt but the service clerk had looked in the wrong parts guide. The other store was in Prince George.

CTH8R

Jenn K.: Worst customer service. Also your new carts are not practical. I always have my kid when I shop. No room for child in the cart let alone his heavy car seat he is still in. Also I asked the cashier to empty an old buggy, being used to hold returned items. I was told to do it myself because she was "busy". Thank you Canadian tire for making me spend my money else where and not supporting a Canadian company.

CTH8R

Jon K.: Poor service, no stock, crapy products amazing they stay in business in my area

Mike C.: Same here. Always out of stock.