CTH8R

Karen K.R.: Spent the money and bought this hose last year and just took it out couple days ago to use it and after 3 uses it split. Not worth the investment. Didnt even last a year.

CTH8R

Lori G.: Please make sure you are checking your wheel lugs if you have any work done at the Intercity location in Thunder Bay Ontario. They left 2 off my jeep left me without a spare tire. Threw the dismounted spare tire in the backseat of my jeep after being told 4 times not too. Total of 2 days and 8 hours to get 4 tires changed. Horrible customer service given with the general manger welcoming me to go to small claims court. They post a copy and pasted message on your post telling you to contact the customer service number who give you a number and ask you to wait. Disgusting money means more then the safety of their customers. If this happens to you please act on it and call the MTO and inform them of this unsafe practice as we are. They doesn't seem to act on customers concerns

CTH8R

Denise H.: Just another store that wants to treat us all like criminals and check our receipts as we leave even though we just left the check-stands 10 feet away. Oh well, no more canadian tire for me.

CTH8R

Paul G.: I did actually read the terms and conditions. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails, that's all. There is no opt-out of info sharing, other than cancelling altogether.
Some people may also be interested in this line from the terms and conditions "Our Service Providers may be located in or outside of Canada and may be required to disclose your information under the laws of their jurisdiction."
Personally, I'm not too worried if the NSA knows how long a garden hose I bought, but some people on principle really don't want foreign spy agencies knowing anything about them (though, they really shouldn't be on facebook, if that's the case).

CTH8R

Should be interesting:

Brian H.: UNIONIZE ALL CANADIAN TIRES.. for better wages, job security and respect from management. the first rally to UNIOINIZE will be in Winnipeg. June 1st at the Polo Park location.... 4PM..... lets have a huge turnout!!

CTH8R

Greg S.:
They steal your money!
I purchased an air compressor on sale at the Canadian tire store. I took at home, it didn't work so I returned it. They told me that I could not get my money back and would have to acccept a store credit.
When I wanted to use it, I was told that it expired and it had no more value. So basically, they stole my $178!
When I complained to the manager, he did nothing for me. Then, I went to the complaint department online and told them my story. I never received a reply!
So, now I will make all my purchases at Home Depot or other stores before I go to the Canadian tire store!

Jrod D.: Now they want to help u? Wow because u complained on a social media site

Val B.: yup thats how it works didnt you no, power of the media,they might lose bussiness, so now they'll help

Greg S.: As I stated, I did email your customer service, last summer. If your customer service didn't reply since then, what changed that you think they'll respond now?

CTH8R

How can they do a 'free' tow? Tony has some ideas:

Tony D.: They can do this because of all the people that they rip off. I also have been ripped off by Canadian Tire . I purchased a pair of hunting boots from them . I only had them on one day when I noticed the boots had holes in them like they where cut with a knife. Took them back and got the same reply. Sorry we can't do anything for you. They are a bunch of th[ieves].

Tony D.: I have already sent you emails and no reply. I will not shop at your stores again and I am spreading the word about this problem. I'm a big outdoors person on lots of outdoor website and a courier that meats lots of people. I will spread the word until I pass away and that's not for a very long time.

Tony D.:
What for I will get the same reply. Sorry we can't help you. And this is not the first problem I have had with your store. When there before this problem and got the the poorest service that I have ever got in my life. When't in to your store in Bedford n.s. to buy a rain suit and some other things. Got to the cashier and the rain suit was missing the bar code so the cashier called down to the outdoors department. The person said he had someone else ahead of me and would call the cashier back.So I asked the cashier to suspend my sale and deal with the other customers in line . Well 20 minutes I was still waiting. With that I asked the cashier for a pen and I would go get the bar code and price myself. Could not find them so I finally asked the person working in that department for help. He told me that there was now 3 other people ahead of me. With that I asked him how that was when there was only one ahead of me when the cashier called down to you. He lifted his shoulders and walked away. So I left the other stuff suspended at the cash and walked out.

CTH8R

Rob W.
I bought a zero gravity chair. A week later it went on sale $20 less. I went to customer service to be given a refund of the $20. I had receipt, I used debit.
They refused to give me the money back in less I showed photo ID. I complained all the way to manager on duty. He told me if he gives the money back without ID he is in trouble, I believed him and showed ID to receive MY money back.
Canadian Tire has made some mistakes with customer service.
Time to change, or Vanderpryt, J. social media and online shopping will shut you down.

Ryn H.: I notice a lot of the CT stores are different then most. The one I used to work at we did at one time ask for photo ID but then decided not to. You should have had your money given back without the hassle. You had your reciept that's good enough.

CTH8R

Ryn H.: I agree Jrod about the employees I was a loyal employer for almost 5 yrs and they let me go due to my health ( was diagnosed with severe ITP ) and the new GM didn't like me. Staff should be treated better we are the ones that keep there stores running. Respect it.

CTH8R

How can they do a 'free' tow? Tony has some ideas:

Tony D.: They can do this because of all the people that they rip off. I also have been ripped off by Canadian Tire . I purchased a pair of hunting boots from them . I only had them on one day when I noticed the boots had holes in them like they where cut with a knife. Took them back and got the same reply. Sorry we can't do anything for you. They are a bunch of th[ieves].

Tony D.: I have already sent you emails and no reply. I will not shop at your stores again and I am spreading the word about this problem. I'm a big outdoors person on lots of outdoor website and a courier that meats lots of people. I will spread the word until I pass away and that's not for a very long time.

Tony D.:
What for I will get the same reply. Sorry we can't help you. And this is not the first problem I have had with your store. When there before this problem and got the the poorest service that I have ever got in my life. When't in to your store in Bedford n.s. to buy a rain suit and some other things. Got to the cashier and the rain suit was missing the bar code so the cashier called down to the outdoors department. The person said he had someone else ahead of me and would call the cashier back.So I asked the cashier to suspend my sale and deal with the other customers in line . Well 20 minutes I was still waiting. With that I asked the cashier for a pen and I would go get the bar code and price myself. Could not find them so I finally asked the person working in that department for help. He told me that there was now 3 other people ahead of me. With that I asked him how that was when there was only one ahead of me when the cashier called down to you. He lifted his shoulders and walked away. So I left the other stuff suspended at the cash and walked out.

Tony D.: Look at that. No surprise almost 24 hours cents I hear from Canadian Tire about the problems I had at there store. They will do anything to get bad media off social media. Not going to work with me. Just a bunch of thrive. They take your money and that's it.

CTH8R

Aaron N.: Totally.. that's why I don't buy auto parts from Canadian Tire. Clueless teenagers working the counter who are just there for the paycheck.

CTH8R

Tony D.: Look at that. No surprise almost 24 hours cents I hear from Canadian Tire about the problems I had at there store. They will do anything to get bad media off social media. Not going to work with me. Just a bunch of thrive. They take your money and that's it.

Tony D.:
And still no reply
Like · 3 hrs

CTH8R

Kevin T.:

Your online ordering system is by far the worst out of any company around. I cancelled an order 3 weeks ago, and it is still saying "Cancellation In Process" and the charge is on my credit card. Canadian Tire, give up on keeping up with the Jones' if you are not willing to invest the money to a proper system that can automatically handle all this stuff.

CTH8R

A good summary:

Brandon H.:
To be honest....if customer service was good thered be no whiners as u call em.
Customer service needs to be properly trained on proffessionalism....furthermore the ct where i am has two ppl for sure working the parts service desk and they admit to you that they know nothing about cars.
Well then why do they work in that department. If i need an answer to a question they cant give it....thats one form of poor customer service already

CTH8R

Nita M.:
I wish Canadian Tire could make realistic appointments for car service AND let their customers know when they're running behind. Does CT think everyone has time to wait 35 minutes past their appointment time?? Ridiculous.

CTH8R

Patti O.:
Tried to shop at the South Windsor store today. Ignored by employees everywhere. Terrible customer service. One lady in seasonal asked my husband what he was looking for and when he told her she just walked away. What's up with this store?