CTH8R

Dave B.: Bad service? How about snow tires being put on /friday, cars been parked since and now one is almost flat!

CTH8R

Gee, do you think Dave will wanna contact the do-nothing Customers Service people??

Dave B.: No, I'm returning to the PERTH ONT store where I always have a problem with the service centre. If I could convince my wife to not trust her tires to you we wouldn't have this problem.

CTH8R

Jessica L.: Worst experiences ever at the Canadian tire at millwoods mall in Edmonton. Terrible customer service and 3 times I have asked the price over the phone and then had to pay a much larger bill because of so many hidden fees. I've made it clear that I need to know how much I am going to get charged for something as simple as replacing a battery because I'm a nursing student only have so much money but need the car for clinical and every time I get screwed over.

CTH8R

And poor Dan, too!

Will the mis-treatment never stop??

Dan C.: Very very poor service from the Richmond BC store I paid the same price for a flat tire I brought in and then had to ask if they would put on to which they said NO and another time before they removed the flat fixed it and put it on for the same money! When I asked for a small discount as I did the removal and the install I was told NOPE. Then the guy rolled it to the back garage and left it there for me....horrible horrible client service!

CT Challenger

Now that Winter Tire Swap Season is upon us, I expect we'll be hearing more stories like this. Any guesses on how long it will be before the next "my wheel fell off" story appears?

Dorothy P.: Last Saturday when I got into my car I noticed that my front tire was nearly flat. I went to Cdn Tire on rexdale blvd and Kipling and asked if they would fill it up and I would see what will happen. They said they were far too busy and were booked right up, couldn't do it. I have used that particular store for over thirty years, pretty shabby treatment for some air in my tire. Needless to say I won't ever go back there. Had them changed over elsewhere on Tuesday.

Last edited:

1wildhorse

i mean too busy to give someone AIR.....obviously they dont understand the concept of REPEAT BUSINESS,which to most retailers is the core....but hell we now know all about it.funnily enough i had a back brake problem 2 days ago.was basically stranded in the city with wife and kids.managed to find a guy who even though he was fully booked,managed to find the time to fix the thing.was basically a 6 hour job,needed both brake shoes and drums,seals,the lot.not a quick job.
when he referred to his mechanics as 'technicians;,i warned him that using that term would equate them to canadian tire employees,and he might be better off calling them mechanics,and he agreed.....TRUE STORY AGAIN...
o and get this.i wasnt OVERCHARGED or MISDIAGNOSED,AND THE WORK IS WARRANTIED FOR 20,000KM.thats what i call service.
actually in retrospect i should really have availed myself of the opportunity to get a FREE brake inspection at the CT store,where i could have gathered evidence for another lawsuit.owell.

1wildhorse

ye but if the 'technicians' dont know which end of the screwdriver to hold,are spotty and pimply,and hand you springs that they have mysteriously 'found' when doing an oil change 'no extra charge ma'am',then in all honesty i prefer to deal with a good old fashioned mechanic....

CT Challenger

Found this over on this thread - https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...e-des-neiges-montreal-qc-store.html#post10751

I rate this Canadian Tire Store poorly. The automotive department are incompetent and illiterate. They do not even know how to create a proper receipt. I had my winter tires installed at this Canadian Tire store not only did they screw up badly on my receipt by listed the incorrect brand of tire I purchased they also did not write my name properly, nor my address. I made them create a new receipt to correct the problem and they screwed up yet again causing me major issues with getting a rebate from the manufacturer of my winter tire. The issue has yet to be resolved.

The Manager is pathetic. She does not even have 1 minute to speak with a paying customer to resolve an issue. She acts as if your issue is a bother and she has better things to do.

Overall a poor experience at this Canadian Tire Never again!!!!!
Lesson learned

CTH8R

And response to the Christmas Tree spam:

Russ B.: you have a technician putting the wrong tire on the wrong side of the car last time i checked your like page lmfao (directional) ive been a backyard mechanic all my life i am a ticketed millwright some of the dough heads your company hires makes me lmao

CTH8R

I forgot that CT also sucks at simply booking appointments. Thanks for the reminder, Laura! (But sorry about your terrible experience.)

Laura M.: I just had the worst possible experience in my whole life at one of your Canadian Tire Stores. I had an appointment booked for 3 weeks in Automotive and not only did they not have my appointment, but they were very rude and basically were calling me a liar. Finally said they would take me and it would be about an hour for my car to get two new tires. I came back and they would not speak to me, and I had to go to customer service which really was not much help either. My car was STILL sitting outside and had not even gone into the shop and the store was about to close. I was in tears as I left. They never had any intention of honoring my appt to begin with. The guys there were just rude and only started being nice when they saw I was in tears. A customer has to cry to get good service even after they have made an appointment?

CTH8R

Alan C.: I've been a loyal customer for many, many years, have 2 credits cards with you but am very upset at your company for not honoring the 25% reduction on Altimax winter tires that are advertized on the flyer. There is no mention of size selection or limitations so you should have been able to sell me the Altimax at the reduced price for 4 for my 175-65R14's. I do not believe the story that you no longer carry one of the more popular sizes. If you do not show limitations in the flyer (and i looked and did so also with the store director),then you must honour the special not just say "Well, it's a special order because we don't normally carry that size and you pay full price". This is false advertizing and i am severely disapointed with being lied to. The fact that i am a good, regular customer should not matter(beacuse everyone should be treated fairly and with honesty) but in my opinion it should even more (it's called brand loyalty) but no one seems to comprehend this, least of all your "customer relation" Customer Relations
1-800-387-8803 (English), who didn't even want to take my name or number when i filed my complaint (you know, maybe for some discussion about this?) and told me that the complaint is being noted for information purposes only(seems to me that there is nothing noted or even that anyone actually cares). Technically, if you do not say that there are exclusions, then you cannot imply that there are and if you do, it's unlawful false advertizing. I am a man who prides himself on being honest and hates to be lied to, CT on the other hand sees no difficulty in lying to my face because they can't make a decision without Corporate telling them. I pity all the people who got duped by this scheme, i will not be one of them but i tell you this, i will make this known to as many people as i can and to interested consumer report shows, not to hurt the company but to tell people to be aware of treatment that they can assuredly expect. Please note that when my cards are all paid up, i will be cancelling them as you surely understand that there are other places that sell the same products that you do. Alan C.

CTH8R

Svea B.: yesterday I went in to can tire in wetaskiwin and asked about winter tires, she said she had 4 but you had to be there at 9 am today, couldn't do it yesterday, so I go in.. first come first serve... and the little guy says.. sorry we only have 3... the phone rang twice, he put 2 people on hold and never got back got them... they just sat there,,, and they have this big sign on the building that says... customer service excellence award.. what a crock

CT Challenger

I wonder how we can compare apples-to-apples, with similar 'mechanics'/technicians?

Does CT split out their automotive service in their quarterly and annual reports?

Yet there are many people who report going to them several times, and being consistently ripped off. Seems like a business model, not a mistake!

Last edited:

Sangria5

is it true that Canadian tire has more automotive technicians than any other company in Canada? it was true when I was younger, but not sure now.

CTH8R

Do the incompetent 'technicians' take the calls, too? Or is that a different group of incompetent people (and I'm not sure, either, how many of 'em are out there!)

Jessica T.H.: CT, tried to book an appointment to get winter tires from your Mavis location. Got put on hold three times for over 5 minutes each, and got hung up on twice. Sorry, but looks like I'm taking my business elsewhere.

CTH8R

Would you count this as one complaint? Two? Ten? But this seems like a good long-term solution:

Eefje W.K.: I long ago gave up on having CT do car/tire/esp brake wok for me!

CTH8R

Seems pretty wide-spread. I'm sure the CT'ers will have bogus excuse, like 'gee, we didn't know it was gonna snow, and that people would respond to our ad's encouraging them to come to us for service". None of which will explain away the incompetence.

Anne O.: when t got to your store the men at the conter told me i would have to whait 2 to 3 h first storm i said ok i will but after 3.30 i whent back to ask how long i have to whait more the other told me do you have an apointement i didnt i whent there to buy 2 tire and have them install so he said you can whait till tonight if i would have been told that at first i wouldnt have waist 3h and go to an other store so i am so disastisfied of that kind of serviese i wil never go in any canadian tire again andyou can be sure i wil never recomande your store with that kind of costomer service it a total disrespect never have seen a thing like that even if i had to pay more i wil go elswere your service is garbage

CTH8R

Some thoughts:

- I believe the stores are all independently owned ("Fred's Gardening and Engine Oil Supply"), so there are zero (I mean, zero) technicians and/or mechanics working for CTC.

- It could be useful to know how many 'technicians' there are in all the DisService Centers - we could get 'complaints per technician' to compare?

- It would be even better to know how many actual Class A Mechanics there are - one per garage? Less?

- Note that even CEO Whitmore admits their auto service sucks!