CTH8R

A timely warning, for anyone looking for new tires this season:

Brenda D.: Before I tell my story, i would first like to say that I emailed Canadian Tire customer service directly, but they never contacted me. Last spring (may 2013) I purchased 4 General G Max 215/45 ZR 17 91 W extra load radial tires. With less than 11 000 kms on the tires I have already replaced 3 tires because they kept getting broken belts on the inside causing an egg shape to pop out of the tire. I had a flat out in the middle of no where and I had to replace a 500$ rim on my car because the tires would not hold air. When I tried to get some help from my local store they couldnt help because i didnt have my receipt ( even tho i'm sure they had my phone number at the time of purchase, their computer showed that i had never purchased anything at Canadian Tire, strange how I have had tonnes of CT dollars). So I had to purchase the first new tire. It was on sale because the tires have been discontinued. I didn't need to ask why. They are absolute garbage that I paid a lot of money for. And with no return email from Canadian Tire, I will never purchase tires there again.

Brenda D.: I sent it 2 months ago. But I will email.

CTH8R

Vern C.: A few years back I was referred to them for snow tires , never again , they were like driving on 4 magic carpets.

CTH8R

Must be winter-tire season. You can tell from the new complaints:

Eldin P.: drove down to canadian tire only to find out you get NO warranty if canadian tire does not put on the tires. just another reason why i HATE this store. and the other ting was when i called for a price for tires i was told that they were 169.97 when i got there they went up in price to 179.97. sucks big time.

CTH8R

Derek V.: You think a place called Canadian Tire could actually install tires correctly, but in all honesty you are much safer having your toddler install them for you. Keep in mind people this comment is coming from someone that has took all of his and his family's vehicles to Canadian tire to be serviced his entire life. I should also add I have gotten the extended warranty on The over 20 tires I have bought their over the years. Years ago my regular mechanic retired and since then the last four times I have taken my vehicle in have been nothing but problems and horrible experiences. One of the issues is a tire I had replaced under warranty they never even cleaned the rim when installing it. When I hit the highway the tire immediately blew when I reached 100 km/h with my children in the car. I brought the tire back and they charged me to have it repaired even though it was obviously their negligence from the day before. For the current issue, I had recently gotten a nail in my tire. I took it in to have it fixed under warranty since I always have gotten the extended warranty for this exact reason. Drop the tire off yesterday, got a call at work saying I would have to have that tire replaced since it could not be patched. I told the gentleman I had always gotten extended warranty on my tires, he spent a few minutes looking it up and said yes I did have it and that they would replace it for me. I went back in today to pick it up, they said I never had the extended warranty and that I would have to pay the full cost to replace the tire. This extremely upsetting for me especially since I obviously wanted extended warranty when I purchased the tires and have had it on every tire I have purchased there. Fact that they told me when they called that I had the warranty was one thing but the fact that the new guy they had working when I had the tires installed along with a large number of other things they fixed, never put on The extended warranty and actually said I declined it. I never noticed the warranty wasn't on the bill because I assumed the new guy knew what he was doing and like I said the bill was quite large from other work I had done. If this issue is not fixed I am never taking a vehicle back there and I am telling all of Facebook like I am now and I'll be telling all my family and friends about the problems I've had with this Canadian tire store and how not only is it unsafe to have tires installed there but it's also run by horribly rude customer service people. I'm actually kind of sad that this used to be the place I could take my vehicle and assume it would come out safe for my family to drive in and that if something was wrong they would fix it. Sadly this does not seem to be the that way it is anymore.

CTH8R

Brenda D.: Before I tell my story, i would first like to say that I emailed Canadian Tire customer service directly, but they never contacted me. Last spring (may 2013) I purchased 4 General G Max 215/45 ZR 17 91 W extra load radial tires. With less than 11 000 kms on the tires I have already replaced 3 tires because they kept getting broken belts on the inside causing an egg shape to pop out of the tire. I had a flat out in the middle of no where and I had to replace a 500$ rim on my car because the tires would not hold air. When I tried to get some help from my local store they couldnt help because i didnt have my receipt ( even tho i'm sure they had my phone number at the time of purchase, their computer showed that i had never purchased anything at Canadian Tire, strange how I have had tonnes of CT dollars). So I had to purchase the first new tire. It was on sale because the tires have been discontinued. I didn't need to ask why. They are absolute garbage that I paid a lot of money for. And with no return email from Canadian Tire, I will never purchase tires there again.

Brenda D.: And its now the 23rd. And still no one has contacted me

Brenda D.: No I have no case number. They have never acknowledged my problem.just ignored it.

CTH8R

Tire season rolls on ...

Cristina B.: Just had the worst experience ever at the Pacific Canadian Tire in Calgary! My husband brought in the car for tire re-balancing (tires that were bought at the same store and poorly balanced in the first place...) and asked if they can do this before closing as he had to leave to the Airport the next day. He was told that sure thing, no worries. Nobody called up to 8 pm, so when he called to check, he was told to come in at 8:45 pm. I had to come in from work in a hurry due to some deadlines and drive him there at 8:45 pm just to find out that they haven't done anything! They didn't even bother to call us not to drive there! So we were supposed to just leave the car there in front of the store overnight?? And how would I have collected it the second morning with my husband gone?? The woman at the counter - Annemarie - was extremely rude with both of us, didn't even want to let us know the name of the supervisor besides "Henry". Apparently she didn't know how to spell his last name...Just great! Who's paying for my trip and time for nothing?? Oh, right, I guess nobody because they clearly didn't care. Now my husband has to take my car to the airport tomorrow and I'm supposed to go to work, site reviews and so on...What a complete waste of time and money! I still can't believe that it can happen here - not even a call to tell you that they've misspoken earlier and they can't actually do what they said! I don't think those employees should be in customer service! OH, DID I MENTION WE PAID FOR THE TIRE CARE GUARRANTEE AS WELL? Such a shameless SCAM! It was easy to sell us the tires + plan, take our money and after that we weren't a priority anymore! That's exactly what we were told.... So if they have to fix their own screw-up and it's not something they can cash more - you're not a priority anymore! Because your safety is not that important. WOW

Cristina B.: I just hope this is not another way I'll waste even more time than I already did with little or no result or consequences. And even worse, meanwhile my husband will have to drive in an unsafe car tomorrow to the airport due to two consecutive horrible services.

CTH8R

... and on ...

LorraineandChris S.: I just tried to buy some winter tires and rims from your Mapleview Rd Barrie store and had nothing but problems. Your "insta app" for the credit card (to take advantage of the no interest payments) took almost 2 hours. No one advised me that the approval I finally received was only good for 24 hours. As it took so long in the store to get the approval, I made plans to come back two days later and have the tires installed, but then the card was rejected as it had been more than the 24 hours (another 2 hours wasted). Then to be treated rudely by the service manager and told "there was nothing they could do". It seems the staff are not aware of store policies and immediate managers could definitely benefit from some customer service training. At least the store manager had the courage to call and apologize. Not good customer service! I cancelled the card and the tire order and will take my business to a more professional operator.

CTH8R

... and on ...

Laura M.: Ordered winter tires on line for pick up in Kelowna BC, paid with CCard. Got a call yesterday that these tires are back ordered until end of December? Also tried to order Winter Tires online, but those tires are not in stock? Why do you advertise tires that you don't even have? Very unhappy about this, wasted my time ordering online.....

CTH8R

Tire season rolls on ...

Cristina B.: Just continuing the saga of getting our tires balanced properly. After being treated poorly (rude and unprofessional) for the second time at the NE Pacific Canadian Tire, we went at the Canadian Tire on Hunterhorn Drive NE where James and Pat served us properly. More than properly I would say - they were professional, knowledgeable and saved the day for Canadian Tire. Just a suggestion - maybe the team from Pacific should come in for some training and professionalism lessons. Thank you James and Pat (McCollum) for being there for us and doing such a great job! Now we have a safe car again. We were told we have to get our money back from the Pacific place (as paid in advance...), so can you please tell us if we can do this on the phone as I really don't want to go back again at the Pacific Place?
Cristina B.: Just had the worst experience ever at the Pacific Canadian Tire in Calgary! My husband brought in the car for tire re-balancing (tires that were bought at the same store and poorly balanced in the first place...) and asked if they can do this before closing as he had to leave to the Airport the next day. He was told that sure thing, no worries. Nobody called up to 8 pm, so when he called to check, he was told to come in at 8:45 pm. I had to come in from work in a hurry due to some deadlines and drive him there at 8:45 pm just to find out that they haven't done anything! They didn't even bother to call us not to drive there! So we were supposed to just leave the car there in front of the store overnight?? And how would I have collected it the second morning with my husband gone?? The woman at the counter - Annemarie - was extremely rude with both of us, didn't even want to let us know the name of the supervisor besides "Henry". Apparently she didn't know how to spell his last name...Just great! Who's paying for my trip and time for nothing?? Oh, right, I guess nobody because they clearly didn't care. Now my husband has to take my car to the airport tomorrow and I'm supposed to go to work, site reviews and so on...What a complete waste of time and money! I still can't believe that it can happen here - not even a call to tell you that they've misspoken earlier and they can't actually do what they said! I don't think those employees should be in customer service! OH, DID I MENTION WE PAID FOR THE TIRE CARE GUARRANTEE AS WELL? Such a shameless SCAM! It was easy to sell us the tires + plan, take our money and after that we weren't a priority anymore! That's exactly what we were told.... So if they have to fix their own screw-up and it's not something they can cash more - you're not a priority anymore! Because your safety is not that important. WOW

Cristina B.: I just hope this is not another way I'll waste even more time than I already did with little or no result or consequences. And even worse, meanwhile my husband will have to drive in an unsafe car tomorrow to the airport due to two consecutive horrible services.

Cristina B.: I'm sorry but this is not great advice - I don't want to ever have to deal with anyone there! When you're treated like this, you don't go back for more. As indicated in my other post, I went to the Hunterhorn store where James and Pat were AWESOME! They fixed the problem quickly, noted the mistakes that were done the first time by the other guys and told us to get our money back from there. So all I need is advice on how to get the money back for the service that hasn't been done the first time. And don't tell me I have to go to that store and deal with the Pacific service again - that's the least you could do.

CTH8R

James L.: My winters were already on rims in my trunk when I dropped off my car at 9:00AM at my local Whitby CT for a seasonal swap. 7 hours later I returned to pick up my car and was told my car was next in line - so I shopped for another 90 mins... only to find my car was still untouched. Asked for my keys back and instead of an apology I got a lecture about how I should have booked an appointment. I took my car elsewhere where they swapped my tires in 15 mins. (Cost less too.)

CTH8R

Brent S.: ...both times I paid Canadian Tire to put wheels on a car....the wheels flew right off again

CTH8R

Lotsa tire horror stories:

Bob M.: Hey Laura, at least they let you order them. After a week and a half of trying, I couldn't get tires for my car because nobody would even look up whether they could get them or not. I got them installed for less money on factory alloy rims the same day.

CTH8R

Paul L.: Be in touch???? You guys are out of touch. I just got a call back from the Toronto office of my complaint of taking 2.5 hours to change a set of tires . no mounting required. He was busy making excuses for the store and I couldn't get a word in. This guy would be good at tele marketing as all he did was to irritate me further!!!

CTH8R

Brenda D.: I did email Canadian Tire, but no one got back to me.

Last spring I purchased 4 General G Max 215/45 ZR 17 91 W extra load radial tires. With less than 11 000kms on the tires I have already replaced 3.And I switch to winter tires from November until April. They keep getting broken belts which cause an egg shape to pop out of the sides, which makes the tire weak and unsafe. I had a flat out in the middle of nowhere and I had to replace a 500$ rim for my car. The tires will not hold air and I have had to constantly check pressure. Today was the last straw, I had a flat front passenger side tire and a rear right tire with only ten pounds of pressure. Ridiculous.

I did try to get help from my local store, but we moved last summer and I couldn't find my receipt (even tho i'm sure they had my phone number at the time of purchase, their pc showed that I had never purchased anything from CT, strange how I had tonnes of CT dollars). So I purchased the first new tire, it was on sale because they have been discontinued, I didn't need to ask why. They are absolute garbage that I paid alot of money for, and they are dangerous. After being disappointed by my local store and not hearing back from anyone, I have no qualms about warning all of my friends, family and clients about my purchase, so that they do not suffer the same loss.

Thank you for asking me to email, but I fear it is simply because I made my situation public on your web page.

Brenda D.

CTH8R

Victor G.: Current flyer advertised Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tires at 25% off this week. But now website is saying "Ha ha fooled you. It was not true". Reason? I was waiting for this to get new winter tires.

CTH8R

Joanne Q.: I went to CT @ St.. Clair and Keel to change the winter tires and they recycled my two of old tires by mistake. The manager offered a spare tire only if I paid $196 for the cost of the other tire. What a scam? I just went in for changing the winter tires and I have to pay $196 for the tires they lost. This is not fair, did this happen to anyone before?

CTH8R

Jawad A.: I went to buy/install new tires and had a bad experience with CT, location: Richmond hill (next to Sobey's) I will prefer another vendor for my future services..

CTH8R

Filetza P.B.: Well i am glad i ordered awesome tires for my explorer , too bad i am having horrific service and have been waiting for hours for the installation. Thanks for the research Canadian tire next time i will take the info and go elsewhere . Nothing like spending a lot of money for horrible service.

CTH8R

Izzal B.: It took us 4 hours to get our tires swap done in Candien Tire Delson in Quebec. We were given an appointmet 15 days ago. The most horrible service we have ever had

CTH8R

Paolo U.: You suck, Canadian Tire! $192 to install my winters that are already on rims and to store my summers??/ that's double of last years cost!! Rip off artists!