CTH8R

... and, here's a response to the predictable Robo-Reply:

Rosanne G.M.: another brush off because Canadian Tire does NOT have customer service!!!

CTH8R

Oh-oh! Crappy decided to spam Canadians about ... Winter Tires. Let's see the kinds of reviews that come in ...

Guy R.: Canadian Tire Tech they dont even care for the safety of their client, i had a slow leak in my tire and i knew i had somekind of a flat tire i went there and they told me they didnt found nothing and they seal my tire to the rim and change the valve and here i go and then 1 month after i recheck the pressure and stil have the leak so i went tothe deAler where i bought my car and they found it and fix it so Canadian Tire Tech should go back to school

CTH8R

The spam CT paid Facebook to send included a photo of some CT'er put a tire on a car ... the WRONG SIDE of the car, but heck - nobody really expected them to get right!

Jason P.: I hope that tire isn't going on that corner....that is a directional tire going the wrong direction. Go CTC!

CTH8R

CT spammed, "When do you put on your winter tires"?

(My answer would be "Not in the summer - buy a calendar, you idiots!")

But his guy answered thusly:

Krzysztof W.: Doesn't matter when , just not at Canadian tire !

CTH8R

Here's a nice work-around to not have to pay anybody (including Crappy) to swap the tires on and off the same set of rims:

Shane G.: Want to save money? Buy spare rims for your tires, and change them yourself in the driveway!!!! Save a few bucks until you have to get new tires mounted on the rims...

CTH8R

Jim F.C.: Im a little disappointed in C.T.C right now just went out to get a cupola quotes for tires for my daughters 07 Equinox got a price from one place of $507.00 from the first place i went to and that's with the tax so i think C.T.C always has a good price so i go there and this is your quote $701.32 she is a hard working single mom just wont's to get back and forth to work safely

CTH8R

You can get a fishing license at CT - but first you might get Spammed, which might upset you:

Derek M.G.: Maybe Canadian tire shouldn't charge me $50 to get a tire plugged and I might shop there! Probably not though, clowns!!!!!!

CTH8R

Jacqui W.: anyone know how to reach Canadian Tire customer service? or do they even have one?? we just spent one pile of money there telling them we would pick up the items later as our garage was being redone - so, what did they do? they gave sold one piece from underneath us - now we have a flipping rain check and they have our money. Is this fair???? Be careful shopping at the store in Quispamsis - they don't honour their promises!!!

CTH8R

Jim F.C.: I got a quote on Saturday from a reputable tire shop and C.T.C for my daughters car she is a hard working single mother of two and just wont's to get back and forth to work safely the quote from the shop was $501.00 your quote 701.00 and I forget the change

CTH8R

More similar stories of wheel/tire incompetence:

Kal
Sep. 30, 2013
10:02 PM

This poor guys case is clear cut, because it occurred pretty much within a few miles, clearly Crappy Tire didn't even torque the wheels back on, heck it almost seems like it was a set up to fail! Even using just the impact gun would get you further then a few miles!!! I am glad there was no injuries. Especially a wheel flying into a public park...Yikes! Alternatively, buy a torque wrench next time its on sale, and ask your dealer what torque setting your vehicle is, and do it yourself in 1 minute after you drive it 100KM.

CTH8R

Ara Hepburn
Sep. 30, 2013
2:04 PM

Won't ever use CT for our car ever again. Their muffler 'warranty' is false and when we took the car in for an oil change and retrieved it, the car shook and stalled. They wanted to take it in again to 'fix' the issue. We drove away to the nearest mechanic who said the timing was off (what we'd figured). A simple turn of the screw and the car was perfect again. Seemed like CT had tried to set us up for a 'repair'. Ahem.

CTH8R

More from the reporter's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ctvlyndasteele

Bev J.: wouldn't trust anything from CT.. we bought brand new tires a year & 1/2 ago when I was driving my dodge durango into Vancouver from Aldergrove on that really really hot day at the end of june... for a celebration of life my tire blew up on the freeway right at the overpass for grandview hwy... it was terrifying. We purchased new tires Never again will we purchase tires from CT..

CTH8R

Anita J.: I had a flat tire fixed there once, and the next day I went back when my tire was really low on air. The guy said just put some air in it. I left went to my mechanic and he looked at it and said it was machined on wrong. He also said that if I would have done what Canadian tire said, the tire could have blown up in my face. He changed out my tire with a new one and I brought the other tire back to Canadian tire and had them reimburse me for the diifference. With the manager saying everyone makes mistakes. Sad, I'll never go back there

CTH8R

Let's check in, and see how that Winter Tire Spam is workin' for ol' CT:

Wade Ernst Dealt with you but you didn't help with my damaged rim just a credit on my Ctc rewards

Wade E.: I wouldn't buy a tire from Canadian Tire in Bridgewater NS as they damaged a rim on my car and wouldn't admit to it and then the Service Manager and the Assistant Manager of the store tag teamed me saying I probably did it myself. That's the service you get at the Bridgewater Store. True Story.

Wade E.: They made me feel like I was a criminal and they slapped their hands together like they won a match as they walked back in the store.

---

Oh-oh! LOL!

CTH8R

Ginny D.: Sounds like the one in Bedford too. Went in with two sets of 17" tires and left with one set of 17" on my vehicle and a set of 15" in my trunk. Went back and told them they weren't my tires and said they weren't the ones they took off. Tried to tell me I switched my tires for some old bald ones to try and get a new set. Bunch of crooks, took my winter tires I had only used one season and gave me someone's bald tires and called me a liar for their screw up. Never again will I buy anything from there.

CTH8R

Cory F.: If you buy from there make sure you check the wheel nuts to make sure there tight. Don't expect them to make sure there tight.