CTH8R

Joe M.: When Canadian Tire charges $40.00 to change a brake light no wander they will tow you to their store for free

CTH8R

James M.: My own dealing with Canadian tire was bad enough without my mom getting burned too...I had to get my pickup airfare certified by a airfare certified shop as it didn't pass first time.I took it to Canadian tire in poco to get fixed .They filled out my work order then after that I watched as they pulled my truck into the service bay,popped the hood then left it sitting there for four hours....all the while I kept my eye on it and they didn't even look under the hood...they had only opened it then four hours later closed it and pulled it out.The service manager informed me that they were done.I said what ? You guys didn't even fix anything but you are charging me over two hundred dollars ...? Huh? He replied back to me that all I needed was this piece of paper to get my insurance because the repairs would have been in excess of the amount I was supposed to put into it to get it fixed.I told him that they should have at least put some new spark plugs or something else in totalling the amount I was supposed to pay in repairs to get aircare conditional pass. He replied to me that they had done all they could for me and that I was to leave the store.what a rip off !!

CTH8R

John P.: These guys just wanted me to pay 300$ for a used fule injector ... I dont think so... I made 1 call an got the same fule injector for free...

CTH8R

Lisa S-O: I spent $1000 on car repairs and they didn't even fix the problem. Talk about milking a single mother....

CTH8R

Kelly S.: The auto service desk is where I seem to get my hair in a knot. I will probably try to avoid it from here on out though. Any time I go there they find all kinds of extra's to charge me for but neglect to tell me about them till I get the bill. Like topping up my fluids that I didn't ask for but was charged over $100 for....for top ups? I was told 450 for tires, the bill comes and its 700. I have never had an experience there where its the opposite, as in being cheaper than I was told.

CTH8R

Rob M.: Canadian Tire sucks very bad customer service and heaven forbid you bring your car or truck in they will rip you off any chance they get

CTH8R

Martin H.: $159 to clear a check engine light for the new etest, literally it takes 2 minutes of thier time.
People, before you head to a local Canadian Tire store to have this done, disconnect your battery terminals, put your foot on the brake to clear check engine light, simple, done. Save yourselves $159 for free, your welcome
Oh and fyi, i have had 2 posts about this and the wonderful Canadian tire support group has deleted both of my previous posts.
Think about it people, why would they do that?

CTH8R

Karen S.: Suffered exactly the same thing Caroline. It took 3 batteries to find one that worked and labour charges. They also told us our car needed a new engine when it only needed an alternator - they are useless, I wouldn't let them touch my car even if it was for free anything ever again!

CTH8R

Janice R.: Automotive Service Centre at 3615 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB needs to work on their customer service. I called last night to make an appointment to have my tires switched from winter to summer (on rims), and was told by the manager Doug to bring my car in first thing at 8am and it would take 30 minutes. Got there first thing at 8am, first in line, only to be told by a smarmy jerk named Drew that I must have 'misunderstood', because it would take 1.5-2 hours. When I am told to be somewhere and that it will take 30 minutes, I expect that to be the case. Ridiculous, and now I'm stuck with winter tires, no appointment, and I am once again disappointed with Canadian Tire and their horrible service.

CTH8R

Self M.K.: 1-2 hours to put on summer tires from winters?...wow that's a long time...They tried to charge me just to loosen my battery cables because I bought a battery from them & wanted to switch it.I even said I would do it myself & no one would help until I opened my wallet.I called CAA instead while my car was parked directly in front their automotive centre.2360 Eglinton ave west.

CTH8R

The experience of a mechanic-in-training:

Spenny D.: since CT put the lift through the floor of my car during an oil change, ive have all but no faith in their "Canadian Quality" When i asked to be reimbursed they threatened my ability to finish school as a mechanic because the manager was on the board at niagara college.... Rewarding incompetance seems to be the "Canadian Tire Way" and thats why They will NEVER touch the spennyMobile Again!!! and let me guess... contact customer service and complain then ill for sure not be accepted back to finish school!!! Sounds good CT.... You shouldnt be allowed to devalue Canada with ur sub-par workmanship both in-store and from suppliers

CTH8R

Charlotte H.A.: I will NEVER take a car for repairs at Canadian Tire! Many bad experiences with faulty parts or, faulty parts damaging other parts in the vehicle and it never seems to repaired properly, and then they have the nerve to charge for labor again. No thanks, NEVER EVER take your car

CTH8R

Jim M.: Got a headlight bulb replaced, a 15 minute job. Got the bill, damn near had to call 911... Bill total was a whopping ....$91.00 . Never again will I patronize the automotive section at any Canadian Tire. If I'am going to get screwed, at least kiss me beforehand.

CTH8R

Jason K.: My wife bought rain x wiper blades and asked the manager in the auto centre if he could install them for her. He said he was busy right now and to come back in a few days. Wife said ok, and comes back and sees the EXACT manager and he looks at her and says you didn't buy them here but you can book it in for 29 dollars and one of the mechanics can install them.. That was from the fort road store in Edmonton. Whatever happened to customer service?

CTH8R

Vincent K.W.: I always find it amusing how their staff bring vehicles to my shop for repairs and not there. Or I've fixed vehicles in their parking lot when they were told 3 weeks to even look at it and the bays were empty the entire time I was there.

CTH8R

Doug M.: Shittiest service on Planet Earth - Auto service that does not back up it's product after they frig it up! Avoid at all costs! Untrained staff that have adopted their Corporate moto of "When in doubt run away and hide!"

Doug M.: P.S. The only positive service that I have ever had at CT was from two young summer students who obviously hadn't been there long enough to adopt the "run and hide" service menatlity of CT!

CTH8R

Doreen G.: Ohh!! by the way, the estimate for my daughter brakes and rotators for the front was over 300.00 and that she would soon need the back brakes done. It is my beleive that the auto shop was trying to take advantage of a young female. By the way, there where no noises in her brakes, she just felt it was time for a check-up.

CTH8R

Doreen G.: my daughter went to canadian tire in saint john new brunswick, 400 Westorland Rd, on friday may 24, for an appointment she had booked the week before to have her brake pads replaced. At the service counter, Paul had her sign a paper before they even put it on the lift, apparently there is no such thing as a free estimate, which is why the paper had to be signed, it meant that they would inspect her brakes and if she didn't do the work they suggested, then she would pay the 50.00 for the estimate. She only wanted the brake pads, Paul told her that she needed rotaters too and if she didn't install both, canadian tire had a policy that they can refuse to do just the work she requested. Although brake pads was all she wanted, Paul and Carl advised her that she needed the rotaters too. Paul put the car together with the unsafe pads and rotaters , charged her 50.00 and went home with a clear consience. Now,my question is, if my daughter didn't have enough money for both, could they not have installed the pads, (knowing fair well she would be back needing both done, therefor charging her twice,"canadian tires gain"). I work with the public in a hospital and sometimes you can only do what the patient wishes, knowing full well that they will be back because you just put a bandage on them, at least I pleased the patient.

CTH8R

Marwyn H.: What ever you do don't take your car to Marlboro mall ct the auto manager should not have that job

CTH8R

Evelyn W.: I need to win $5,000.00 to cover all the headaches Canadian Tire has caused me, broken Electric Fireplace, Blow out on a 2 month old tire, then both fronts needed replacing with in 15000KM, because of bumps in them causing steering problems, service dept. could not fix my van air conditioner, very rude and poor service. Said it was fixed and 1 month later I was back in as it was not working, they said they sent it out to be fixed and it cost them over $1000.00, still not working, spent at least 7 hrs sitting around waiting. That was last summer, haven't shopped there since, but went in on May 23rd to get the invoice they didn't give me so I could show it to my mechanic, nothing showed that it had ever been sent out for servicing. DONE WITH CANADIAN TIRE