CTH8R

Stephen H.: My old vehicle, 99 dodge avanger went in for an oil change, they did the oil change but forgot to put the oil cap back on, halfway home my engine caught fire becuz of all the oil on the inside of my hood. NEVER HAVE SERVICE DONE EVER AGAIN! They quoted oh it wasn't us. and took no responsibility for their actions.

CTH8R

Sounds like Chris had problems before - didn't catch the details. But, wrote in response to some crabby CT'er, and here's CT's version of "Customer Service", when things go wrong:

Chris R. Oh, and as far as being lazy and removing them from my Facebook... Not a chance, I told the manager this was not the end of my complaint. His response " I'm not afraid of you, you don't scare me! I don't care if you ever bring your car back here for service, we have thousands of cars in here every year". That is not customer service. I will continue to spread the word reference Canadian Tire and the poor service until someone decides to take it serious and actually investigate. Lip service does not work, actions with results WORK.

Chris R.: Yes I did, they sent me a contact number and that was followed up only to be told by the service manager that he would get back to me in a few days. I waited a month before I walked back in to speak face to face with service manager. When I asked what transpired as a result of his so called investigation and he replied, " Nothing, nothing I can do". My response " Why" his response was "because You are complaining about the store manager who happens to be my boss". That does not take away the fact that we were charged 99.00 for what the store manager called diagnosis to confirm the battery was dead.... That should have been covered under warranty. I asked why, this the second battery in two years would be dead again almost exactly one year from the previous replacement. "Is there something wrong with my charging system or what"??? Store managers reply "we don't know because the diagnostic test stopped when we confirmed the battery was dead, but if you want to bring the car back in, we will do another diagnostic test". And with a big grin he said "only 99.00". I asked if he was kidding about me paying another 99.00??? He smiled and said "No, 99.00 for another diagnostic...."
It goes on and on...Canadian Tire Kanata and its store manager are a joke. My neighbours agree, they have had issues at this same location. I'm thinking of starting a CanadianTireSucks.com web page because as the manager told me that he didn't care, I didn't scare him, he was not afraid of me. I told him this was not over, no way.
I was not then or now looking for a confrontation, physical or otherwise but I did say this was not over.....

---

The Angry CT Troll said that CT must be doing something right - sounds a lot like Moaner 1 actually ...

Chris R.: Doing something right!!! Are you kidding. How does getting charged 99.00 to do diagnosis on a one year old " Eliminator Battery" which states clearly on signage in store and on the battery itself has a nine year overall warranty and a Three year no charge replacement guarantee. How is that doing it right. And they don't even provide paper work for the diagnostics only a bill with the 99.00 charge, 25.00 to remove and install the new battery and we also had to pay over 100.00 in towing fees. Then the store owner/manager has the gall to completely insult and ridicule us for bringing up a complaint. You haven't a clue Melissa about dispute resolution

Last edited:

CTH8R

Oh-oh!

Another long weekend, another promise by Crappy Tire to give you a free tow ... but only to one of their Crappy (Dis)Service Centers.

Prepare for the usual deluge of horror stories about their poor service!

Let's get things rollin'!

Richard A.: Canadian Tire is not the place to take your car for repairs. They take a simple, inexpensive job and put diagnostic charges that are often not necessary and in the end your bill is higher than a good dealership. Watch out for upselling as their installers are paid by what they do not by the hour. stay out of the garage.

Justin W.: You'd have to be stoned to take your car to a Canadian Tire store for repairs. taking your car to their 'mechanics' is just a really bad idea.

Don B.: Likely Minimum cost for free tow is diagnostic test fee..

CTH8R

Here's a couple, just on Parts:

Jackie H.: Can't trust,a company that can't sell me the right rad hose for my car. Tried 3 times and still the wrong part, oh yea and they should get staff that can speak English!!!

Christina S.: Don't even go get a rear light bulb! The looked up my make and year in their "system", then went to my mechanic for a few things to be done and he said it was the wrong one!

CTH8R

The deluge of negative stories about CT's "free tow" offer continues:

Crystal K.: Canadian Tire told me i needed 5000 dollars worth of work when i took it in for an oil change. i got a second opinion and even a third and none of what they said was wrong was actually wrong. in fact, 6 years later my car STILL has not needed the costly repairs they said i had to have or i would die driving my car. go figure eh. must be some miracle ?

Lorie N.H.: Needed to have two high beam bulbs put in, was told it would cost 25.00 for each side! Like really, for 20 mins or less time. Took it to another garage was charged 10.00 !,, also took 3 tries before they figured out the right rotors.

Elizabeth M.Y.: Never,after the last experience I had!!

Ewan: Had a friend who went in for an oil change came out witha 1500.00 bill she was in tears. How could this be there was nothing wrong with her car and thre was no way an oil change cost that much Take advantage of women much, I think so I wouldnt go there if you paid me

Philip H.: If you had work done at Canadian Tire before your weekend, the free tow will come handy!! Just make sure the tow truck driver takes your car to a real mechanic.

Janet Y.: Two words: NO THANKS.

Germaine M.: I would not let them look at my toe. lol

Brian L.: I never took my car to canadian tire for work. They charge too much for work that doesn't need to be done. I have my own mechanic that takes care of me and is reasonable.

Marwyn H.: Lmao yea after the fixed your car at the Marlboro mall ct horrible customer service from the auto manager there

Wayne B.: I had a Canadian Tire service center actually tell me to 'put my car out of its misery' I will NEVER take a vehicle to them again.

Matt A.: I would rather leave my car on the side of the road, biggest rip off in the world!!

Dave K.: Worst automotive experience ever.
Do yourselves a favor and PUSH your broken down car anywhere but Canadian Tire.
Either they don't care, or they really are stupid mechanics working there.
Can't stress enough how bad this place is to deal with.

Dave K.: Wow, after reading a few previous comments, it seems there's a pattern of "stick it to the customer".
I never comment on commercial advertising posts like this, but my experience with Canadian Tire was
so bad I had to comment.
Not only that ill "share" it as well so my friends can see how bad these comments are.
It's a shame this place has "Canadian" in the name.
-must be American owned.
Canadian Tire can pound salt!
You'll never get any business from me ever again.

CTH8R

Here's somebody who didn't see the deluge of complaints the last time CT made this offer (May 24);

Chris P.: I'm guessing they won't use a promotion like this again. Seems like alot of negative feedback.

CTH8R

Reactions to the deluge vary.

Some think it speaks poorly of Canadian Tire's automotive skills:

Dave K.: Let the truth be told.
Public shaming goes a long way.

---

But a few other die-hard supporters, like customer-hating Andrew B., think "The Customer is Always Wrong".

But then, A.B. drew some criticism for those 'blame the victim' views:

----

Richard A.: Well Andrew, I am only passing along information from my OWN experiences over the years and from those I have known who have worked there. Sound like you work there. ;)

Bob M.: AB^ Ct troll,believe this old sage advice ,nothing is"free"

CTH8R

More deluge:

Nicole D.: I made the mistake once because it was the closest at the time and instead of taking it to my mechanic which would have cost me $300 MAX i took it in and what i thought be $400 since i know labour costs more it cost me $700 and they did more then what i had asked to do and didn't call me to ask first if it was ok and the part they replaced was all of $20 too bad it was over a year ago i should have complained... I LOVE the store, and use the gas stations alot but NEVER will get my car repaired there again!

Marwyn H.: Lmao yea after the fixed your car at the Marlboro mall ct horrible customer service from the auto manager there

Brian L.: I never took my car to canadian tire for work. They charge too much for work that doesn't need to be done. I have my own mechanic that takes care of me and is reasonable.

Denise V.: I agree, never go there for car repairs. The people in the Stratford store especially, they know nothing .....I know more about my car than they did!

Dianne N.J.: Canadian tire had my truck for 3 weeks, and a 3000 bill by the time it was all done. I also had to pay for damages they did while doing repairs.

CTH8R

As usual, people noted that 'Canadian Tire Sucks at Tires':

Greg E.: If you didn't hate Canadian Tire before, Here's a good reason. I scheduled an appointment to have new tires installed yesterday, of which I was informed there were 9 in stock. Actually had to go to a store out of town to find stock. I dropped off my car, and 2 hours later receive a call from the service manager that the tires are off my car, but they cannot find the new tires in their stock. There was no solution proposed, and my original tires were put back on... Canadian 'Tire' eh? Well you can be sure I will not be purchasing tires from them now!

Lance C.: Pretty sad when they can't provide a service/product like tires when they are called Canadian TIRE!

Margo O.: make sure they actually tighten the bolts on any tires they work on if you ever actually DO deal with them. We`ve had incidences in town here where they were only HAND TIGHTENED!!! Wrecked everything!

CTH8R

Speaking of repairs, this guy notes that 'Canadian Tire Sucks at Tools':

Hank G.: mastercraft Tool replacement -only if u have the bill(ask any mechanic if he has bills somewhere under the pile of parts LOL)...buying craftsman and snap-on since1998 no hassles any more....

CTH8R

This gentleman noticed a pattern in the way Crappy Tire has responded to the deluge:

Michel R.O.: Please contact customer support ... Please contact customer support ... Please contact customer support ... Please contact customer support ...

CTH8R

They suck at Oil Changes, too:

Tim Y.: Got an oil change and they left funnel and oily rag on engine l.. discovered later when it started to smoke... glad my car didnt catch fire dumb ass ct

CTH8R

Dianne N.: I will never take my vehicle to another Canadian Tire nor would I recommend that anyone else take their vehicle there. I would not trust them to change a light bulb. I have heard nothing positive from anyone that has had a vehicle in their shop. their garage sucks!

CTH8R

More for Andrew B. to think about:

Justin W.: Congratulations, I'm glad you get good service from them. But read the dozens of independent studies and tests that have found time and again that Canadian tire is the worst place in Canada to take your car for repairs

CTH8R

Lorie N.H.: Needed to have two high beam bu.bs put in, was told it would cost 25.00 for each side! Like really, for 20 mins or less time. Took it to another garage was charged 10.00 !,, also took 3 tries before they figured out the right rotors.

Wayne B.: I had a Canadian Tire service center actually tell me to 'put my car out of its misery' I will NEVER take a vehicle to them again.

Dave K.: Worst automotive experience ever.
Do yourselves a favor and PUSH your broken down car anywhere but Canadian Tire.
Either they don't care, or they really are stupid mechanics working there.
Can't stress enough how bad this place is to deal with.!

Dave K.: How about they take care of the customer honestly and with technical skill in the first place?

Last edited:

CTH8R

Chris L.L.: Long as they don't expect me to get my car fixed there, I think it's nice of them to offer. But after they charged my sister $110 for a TEMPORARY fix, one that any other mechanic would have done free of charge... Well, sorry Canadian tire, but that's just lunacy.

CTH8R

Tim H.: Went in for a flat repair was quoted 15$ and got the bill for 2 broken studs and my bill came out to 150$ that seems to be the magic number with you people. I know Tue mechanics name. He wasn't a mechanic. But that was at fort Saskatchewan an. Location

Tim H.: I wouldnt send my worst enemy to Canadian tire! Been burned on a few occasions. Should I elaborate ....

CTH8R

Shirley E.: I was getting brakes done on my car every second year from CT asking this doesn't seem normal to me and I don't ride my brakes. Once one of my brakes were not level and I told them that I shouldn't be replacing brakes all the time it's probably the mechanic installing them incorrectly. I received some credit, better then nothing. Knock on wood I haven't had to replace my brakes.

CTH8R

On the wisdom of Crappy Tire promoting their automotive repair services on a forum where people can post complaints:

Billy H.: Boy someone just opened a self inflicting can of whoop ass, lol