CTH8R

Even agreeing to the tow, let alone any repairs, wasn't a good idea for this lady:

Victoria J.: I will never deal with this store again. They towed my vehicle to a closed store and dropped the keys in the drop box. Courtney and Kevin at the customer service line, while polite, were powerless to help remedy the situation they got me into. They could not even authorize a tow back to my house. I felt tricked, and now my vehicle is held hostage here until somebody feels like opening the store. Fool me once...

Victoria J.: So I just took advantage of this deal and the store is closed. The keys are already in the drop box however, so I'm screwed for the weekend. Thanks Canadian Tire. I will now have to pay extra to tow my car somewhere else ( which I definitely will do) and will never EVER again me tricked by this store. Caveat emptor.

CTH8R

Lee K.:*Well CT, you got a heck of a lot of irate customers here all triggered by an attempt to get people to visit your service garages. Majority says no thanks. Since your the CT social media buffer would you care to explain what is going on with your company ???? How about just getting back to the ones who actually emailed you complaints, as per your request. I think you owe your Canadian customers at least that, don't you ??

CTH8R

Andrea E.: your mechanics department is about as crooked as they come (throughout all the branches). I'll NEVER EVER bring a vehicle to your store to be worked on ever again!! I have several testimonies from myself, friends & family members regarding foul play pertaining to your mechanical work!!!

CTH8R

Snapdragon M.: When I was in university, they changed the gaskets in my ball joints. The ball joints were new (i didn't know this at the time).

CTH8R

Christopher O.: YUP there mechanics are ripp offs and cons seen it many times ive seen them strip my buddies lug nut bolts on 2 of his tires and he had to pay for it!

CTH8R

Christina O.M.: Dealt with a crooked Canadian Tire shop a while ago..after the third serpentine belt in a month and two fuel pumps I lost it when they broke the tie rod end while fixing ball joints..how does that happen..and expected me to pay. Anyhow, the mechanic kept telling me one thing..old parts even though I had receipts showing they had supposedly installed new parts within the previous month. Local store did SFA, I went to Head Office and had all my repairs refunded. Still would not go back to them for car repairs but restored some faith

CTH8R

Jojo N.: They wanted 350$ for what others shops (5 in total) came to only 270$ total. Guess the boss needs another Yacht.

CTH8R

Florent A.: I saw a mechanic spray wd40 under a car that belonged to a kid of about 17 years old, they called the kid into the garage and told him his oil pan was leaking, i told the kid to make them put his car down and go somewhere else, i was five feet away and waiting for the mechanic to finish the inspection on my car. I always stay close to my car when i am in any licensed garage even if they say i can't they say for ( insurance purposes ) that way they don't try to sell me something i don't need.

Louis A.: there are no vacuum leaks to check in the oil pan, all these complaints about Canadian tire are very valid, Canadian tire was going to charge my niece $800 for replace the rear brake shoes on her Subaru, the brake shoes costed $50....where was the cost of the other $750

CTH8R

Deb K.: People have complained about this very thing for YEARS. CT talks the talk but does not walk the walk. They can't fix this problem because they have unrealistic expectations of their advisers and; in turn, their mechanics. It's all about making the buck and to hell with the consumer.

CTH8R

Tasha H.: I am beyond frustrated and upset with your company. We have had all of our work done for our car at your service center in Bridgewater, NS. We have to drive a half hour to get there but always had good service and nothing to complain about. Even though everyone I talked to had bad experiences and suggested not to go there. I always said about how great you were to us. Well that all changed today. In the past few months we have spent almost $2000 there. Three weeks ago we got three new tires. Yesterday one of the tires went flat. We called and the manager was not in but the person on the phone said they should be able to do something for us. We booked an appointment for 10 today. My boyfriend drove with the donut on to the location and got there early (around 9) and left the car. The manager was not in. He left the car and advised the one working of the situation. She did not acknowlege what was said. No one called him to let him know the car was done (they have his cell phone number) and it was not done until after 2. That is a long time for just changing a tire. He happened to keep checking and finally saw that it was out. There was the same girl, a mechanic and the manager at the desk. He advised that we just got the tires 3 weeks ago and asked if there was a warranty. He did get get acknowleged by any of them. He asked if there was anything they were going to do because of what happened and they did not acknowledge. It was the same girl. from before. The reciept says Operator # 157. As he was explaining the situation again the manager walked away and he paid $120 for another tire. This is poor customer service and my boyfriend should have been more assertive but was so frustrated that he just ended up paying. He also told them that we would never have any further work done there. I understand that maybe the tire could not have been reimbursed but something could have been offered and nothing was.Even if we would have paid for labour and not the tire. I did not put a hole in the tire on purpose. Fact of the matter is we had crappy tires on the car for over a year and they never had any holes and they were fine. These were new tires and did not even last a month. We even had our oil changes done there. I can't say enough how disappointed I am with your staff and manager and how stupid I feel to have kept going back to have more work done. I do not tolerate bad customer service and bad service over all. I have been managers at stores and I have rectified situations to keep customers happy. I am not happy. Nothing was done. Not even an apology. Nothing. And yes he should have pushed more. But really should he have to. Your staff and manager knew the situation and they had all the paper work there. My boyriend even took in the receipts. Something should be done and we should have been compensated some how for this.If we would have known that your company was going to drop the ball, my boyfriend would not have driven so far with the donut to pay for another tire. We could have purchased a tire from someone else and had them put it on. We gave your company the benefit of the doubt and I am flabbergasted by what took place today. I had to work all day and could not contact the store and really at this point they probably would not even talk to me or hang up on me seeing that they do not have great customer service. I just wanted to let you know how bad the customer service is there. Thanks for nothing.

CTH8R

Jeff L.: Never use their automotive services . . . I'm a licensed mechnaic (Red Seal) and have caught them out EVERY time I've brought my vehicle in to be serviced. Their service writers are trained in the art of selling you on fixing something that doesnt need fixing.

CTH8R

Chadd P.: When i worked there (parts counter) they told us we are a Store first ! I quite cuz I seen them ripe off so many people in the car shop, I heard a manger tell a mechanic to sell them a new part don't fix the old one like that. We both walked out.

CTH8R

Ryan M.: CT mechanic crashed my buddy's car into a wall( joy riding) messed up the whole front end then expected him not to notice the front bumper hanging off and said 'was like that when you dropped it off '

CTH8R

Robert F.: go away the great Canadian sham. screwed me for $3000.00 for power steering pump wrong fluid added power steering rack and hoses. go away.. go to home depot or car questf franchises threatened to sue when l posted in red flag deals under complaints.if you do you may be confronted from their threat s record all phone conversation like l did and settled him down instantlylm trying to get this up on u tube with invoice. and live conversations and to boot sold my old car. to a former co-student. that worked there he wants be be a mechanic they had him build shelves for displays well .so this is some of ur tax dollars are going will also post that on tube attention Canadian tire l record9 everything.
get it got good.yours truly the mouth

CTH8R

A whole new way tomsuck at repairs: merely scheduling appointments:

Richard B.: Not to happy with the C.T. this weekend....had an appointment to take my van in for 1pm, got a call at 12:37 to be told it had to be canceled. trying to plan our vacation, and now left scrambling to find someone who can repair our van so we can move on.