CTH8R

Well, there haven't been as many automotive repair horror-stories this week.

I guess we'll have to wait for Thanksgiving, when Crappy will no doubt pay Facebook to spam Canadians again.

And then we'll see a huge influx of posts like this one:

Ryan M.: mechanic crashed my buddy's car into a wall( joy riding) messed up the whole front end then expected him not to notice the front bumper hanging off and said 'was like that when you dropped it off '

CTH8R

Merleen W.: Always watch the mechanics if you take your car in..and make sure that they are doing what they should be doing not just saying ..It's your RESPONSIBILITY to watch them..I did catch one mechanic today and watched him..he didn't do the work that was needed and I caught him..SHAME ON YOU !!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Roger D.: I just got an oil change done yesterday and they charged me $4.99 for a "Fluid Top Up" which I did not agree to, nor was it explained to me that it would be added to the oil change. There was also a $2.99 "Waste oil disposal" charge. Where I work, vehicles get repaired and they have waste oil as well, but it gets picked up for FREE. Why is this Canadian Tire location charging its customers for a free service??? I will not be returning to that location for an oil change.

Last edited:

CTH8R

It's good to know that:

- She's willing to share her story on CT's FB page, for the benefit of her fellow Canadians.
- She managed to get a refund from Head Office (good to know!)
- She's at least partially boycotting them (soon to be added to the list of full boycotters?)

Christina O.M.: Dealt with a crooked Canadian Tire shop a while ago..after the third serpentine belt in a month and two fuel pumps I lost it when they broke the tie rod end while fixing ball joints..how does that happen..and expected me to pay. Anyhow, the mechanic kept telling me one thing..old parts even though I had receipts showing they had supposedly installed new parts within the previous month. Local store did SFA, I went to Head Office and had all my repairs refunded. Still would not go back to them for car repairs but restored some faith.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Lillian G-R.: don/t shop in the automotive if ur alone - they treat women like complete idiots - have used their phone to call home to my husband (a mechanic who sent me for parts) then their attitude changed - but returns every time I go in - I made it clear that for idiots they did a good job

Last edited:

CTH8R

Tim D.: ... CT Corp could start enforcing minimum standards and build a little consumer confidence. As a mechanic I have seen my share of jobs botched by places that don't know or care about the customer.

CTH8R

Jas L.: I'm so angry that big name like CT fraud me. I have a caliper sized while on Toronto-Ottawa trip, went to Trenten CT store, they replaced caliper and charged parts and labour. It went bad again within 2 weeks, going to CT store beside my home and told them it's a 2 week "new" caliper, they came back told me caliper is good the break hose is faulty, so no free service they want $800 for hose and other pad rotor etc. Hose faulty? it's a 3 year old car with only 50,000km, I'm getting suspicious and left but they charged me $30 for inspection, Talk to other garage and people laughed at "hose faulty" story. Today I noticed the caliper does not look like new when looking through the wheel, I decide to drop the tire and have a good look at it, man what a surprise, I was shocked to see this 2 week new Candiantire caliper look so old and rusty, the rusty rotten hose screw that attach break hose to caliper has no sign of ever been touched by wrench or socket at all, in other words, this caliper has never been disconnected from hose. they put a new bleeder and slid pin and that's all. I will up load some picture on my page for you to see what this new caliper look like on my car.

CTH8R

Alphonse J.L.: Well , according to C Tire , my truck did not pass "there" safety inspection second time around. I had all the work done they had suggested on the first inspection, but , seeing as how I had to wait almost 2 months for my replacement rocker panels to arrive, I did not make it back to C Tire within the 30 days to get follow up inspection. I assumed I would just pay ( instead of free insp. that one gets within 30 days ) for the follow up and be on my way. Nope, C Tire in Regina North must be utilizing Sask Gov Safety Inspections to coerce the public to spend more money in their stores.I was given a new list of repairs that need to be done, including installing Mudflaps if you can believe that. I am also wondering about the competency of the Mechanic they have working these inspections? The work on my rocker panels, which was on first list, was performed by an autobdy school that is given write off vehicles by SGI , and those vehicles Pass SGI Gov Safety Inspections, but on my truck C Tire failed them!! I now must attain documentation from 3M to prove that the work is Passable, according to the Vehicle Standards Adjuster, otherwise the panels will have to be torn off and redone.

CTH8R

Warren J.: My wife took my 2013 toyota tundra in for an oil change August 1st in Stephenville Newfoundland and got ripped off. The service technician performed the work without providing an estimate of charges and signature for authorization of work. The oil change cost 138.66 + taxes!! I always had my vehicles serviced at Canadian Tire. This was the first time for my new Tundra. She should have been informed of costs prior to having the work done. She complained to the manager to no avail. I will NEVER have service done again...too bad because I was a good customer and liked the store up to that point. UN-Canadian Tire.

CTH8R

Julie S.: canadian tire can be good store if they were honest with people when you go there to get your car fix.i would never again bring my car to a canadian tire.

CTH8R

Aniz L.: It's only a matter of time before people realize you cannot take your car to Canadian Tire. They will rip you apart and laugh when you leave. I own a tire shop and have heard dozens and dozens of horror stories. Find a good local garage and you will save yourself time and money. These people are crooks and hire 13 year old kids to work in the garage. Beware!

CTH8R

A rather lengthy story, about a man who paid extra to have a diagnostic inspection, and agreed to the suggested repairs, but then (surprise!) the repairs didn't work and he was asked to pay even more:

https://www.canadiantiresucks.net/c...0-hyde-park-gate-oakville-store.html#post9442

About all he's likely to get:

Babak K.: after long story my car is still there and i am externally disappointed sent an email to customer service on 22-Aug and no one get back to me since now. Re: Bad Customer Service & Poor Skills on Auto Center [#580949]
1 message
Canadian Tire Customer Service <customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net> Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Reply-To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
To: sorouri@gmail.com
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your recent e-mail to Customer Service.
Your feedback is very important to us. We are working diligently to respond to your e-mail as quickly as possible.
You can expect to receive a response from one of our Customer Service Representatives shortly.
This automated response is your acknowledgement that on 2013-08-23 07:17:18.713 EST we received your email. Should your inquiry be urgent, you can choose to contact our office at the telephone number listed below.
Please be sure to quote your tracking number 580949 .
Sincerely,
Corporate Customer Relations
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited

CTH8R

Sage advice:

Barry W.: Don't get your car or any vehicle fix there,used to drive tow truck and customers always complained how much of a rip off they are,and their problems were never fixed and left with a hefty bill.

CTH8R

About all he's likely to get:

Babak K.: after long story my car is still there and i am externally disappointed sent an email to customer service on 22-Aug and no one get back to me since now. Re: Bad Customer Service & Poor Skills on Auto Center [#580949]
1 message
Canadian Tire Customer Service <customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net> Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Reply-To: customerservice@canadiantire.egain.net
To: sorouri@gmail.com
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your recent e-mail to Customer Service.
Your feedback is very important to us. We are working diligently to respond to your e-mail as quickly as possible.
You can expect to receive a response from one of our Customer Service Representatives shortly.
This automated response is your acknowledgement that on 2013-08-23 07:17:18.713 EST we received your email. Should your inquiry be urgent, you can choose to contact our office at the telephone number listed below.
Please be sure to quote your tracking number 580949 .
Sincerely,
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited

Oh-oh!

Guess who's taking their horror-story to Yelp?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/canadian-tire-associate-stores-and-auto-centres-oakville

Last edited:

CTH8R

Mo O.C.: Never ever take your car to Canadian Tire. They don't know what they're doing. They hire people other garages don't want. Once they left the oil stopper off my friend's car and ceased his engine. Another time they put the wrong carborator in my brother-in-law's car (forced it in wrong size) and fouled up his engine. Both cases they didn't make amends. And apparently they work on commission (don't know if that's true - but if it is, they always would manage to find something wrong, if you know what I mean..) My dad was a Class-A mechanic and trust me, real mechanics laugh (and cringe) at the auto service department at Canadian Tire..

CTH8R

Jim M.: Absolutely no respect for Canadian Tire. NEVER EVER use their Automotive Service dept. for car repairs! Given an estimate of nearly $1200.00 to repair a front end wobble. The Ford dealership across the parking lot charged $347.00 for a tie rod end replacement. Included in that price was an Oil Change and Oil filter replacement.

CTH8R

A follow-up from Babak:

i call the customer service talk to Sandra was very polite and nice and sorry for what happening however mention that it is out of there hand so absolutely i need to take the case to the court here you guys can see the email which i just got from them is there any one knows which small court should i claim i mean the address or tel there is one in Milton which i called but they said you need to go the one they register their corporation business, i don't get it kind of confutation since i don't even have my car is still stock on CT

We are in receipt of your correspondence between the Oakville Hyde Park Gate Canadian Tire store and the Better Business Bureau.

The store has responded to the Better Business Bureau with their final response. Canadian Tire Corporate Customer Relations had responded to you on August 23, 2013, that a No Trespass Notice has been issued to you by the police and that the Canadian Tire Corporation cannot be involved as the issue that exists is between the customer, the Associate Store and the police. The store has informed our office that you where proceeding to court and they are recommending you proceed in this matter.

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.

Regards,

Canadian Tire Corporation Limited

CTH8R

Chris D.: On the down side though, the auto mechanic section is the worst, and l won't even go there for an easy oil change.