CTH8R

Update from Destiny. She seems to be getting them to,budge a little ...

Destiny Hodgins Newest update - I called CS this afternoon and there was a note on the file to transfer me to Kristoph who is the GM of the Prince of Wales store in Regina. I was transferred to him and he explained that he understood my issue, however since I had not provided them with a copy of any of the quotes I received. I will be doing so by Tuesday night. After that, Mike who may or may not be the mechanic, called me and offered me a refund of 100$, if I brought in my receipts. I told him I would gladly accept that, however I intended to insure I paid a fair price for the repair, and after all the work Canadian Tire has done of rebranding so that women WANT to shop at Canadian Tire, it makes no sense to cheat us out of money when we go to the Auto Department.

CTH8R

Mario Di Claudio CANADIAN TIRE are the biggest THIEVES when it comes to car repair be very careful when you go there for car service i would strongly advise you to go elsewhere ..... take my word

CTH8R

Makes me wonder why he keeps letting them work on it:

Stanislav A Lebed Canadian tire sucks you guys keep fucking up my truck.

CTH8R

This repair wasn't unnecessary ... but it was over-priced, incompetent, incorrect and incomplete!

From https://www.facebook.com/notes/janet-young/canadian-tire-rips-people-off/10151187849662245

-----

Canadian Tire has ripped me off. After writing a five page letter to the owner in December, I finally just heard from the owner of the Chelmsford Canadian Tire, Edgar Head, who told me, "I don't believe it is our fault". I'm so sick of being ripped off!

Here is a copy of my letter. Save yourselves the time, money and aggravation and take your vehicle to someone qualified to fix it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 22, 2012

Mr. Edgar Head, Associate Dealer

Canadian Tire
3595 Highway 144
Chelmsford, ON, P0M 1L0

Dear Mr. Head:

Recently, I had what I will call a “negative experience” at your Canadian Tire store. I feel it is important for business owners to be aware of how customers are being treated in their store and what kind of service your employees are giving. After reading the store’s website, I understand that you value feedback.

On Sunday, November 25, I noticed a couple of issues with my vehicle (a 2006 Dodge Charger). The issues were:

1: A loud noise coming from under the hood when the A/C or heat was turned on.
2: A loud clicking noise coming from the under the dash, upon starting the car in the morning.

As I had an important appointment on Tuesday, November 27, I felt it important to get the car looked at as soon as possible so I brought it to our nearby Canadian Tire. I am currently unemployed and looking for work, and as stressful as this can be, it is more stressful to have a car that can potentially break down when I am on my way to an interview or other important appointment.

The clerk at the Canadian Tire store instructed me to leave the car overnight and it would be looked at the very next day (Monday, November 26).

On November 26, Mark Laporte, the Service Bay Manager, telephoned and told me:

1) My air conditioning compressor had to be replaced and they would have to order the reconditioned part.
2) They could not hear the noise coming from under the dash, so nothing could be done.

They received the part (A/C compressor) and worked on my car on November 28th and I picked it up later that day. The bill was $760.44.

I was on my way to do an errand afterwards when I noticed my stereo was not working, as it had been previous to bringing it to Canadian Tire for repairs.

I returned to Canadian Tire after my errand (Nov. 28) and Mark told me to leave it with him overnight and he would look at the radio in the morning.

On Nov. 29 I was called by my boyfriend, Jerry (Mark Laporte from Canadian Tire had called HIM to discuss MY car) even though I had left my phone number with him. Jerry instructed me to go to Canadian Tire to pick up my car. I did not know what was going on. At Canadian Tire, Mark said to me, “I can’t figure out why the radio is not working but Mike Doyle Dodge has agreed to look at it for me. Bring it over there and ask for Randy. If it’s our fault that the radio does not work, we will work something out”.

At this point, Mark told me they did finally hear the noise under my dash, and that it was a blend door for the different heating vents of the car. He also told me that although they could not fix it, he would call a wrecking yard to look for a whole new dash and would call me when he received one and would “give me a deal on installing it.” He said he would call when it came in. He hasn’t called yet.

After speaking with Mark, I immediately drove my car over to Mike Doyle Dodge, on the other side of town and asked for “Randy”. Randy said, “Oh, I thought you were going to make an appointment.” But they looked at my car anyway ... a mechanic explained to me, “the radio is .... defective”.

I went to see Mark at Canadian Tire who refused to do anything to help me with this bill, which I find unfair. But that’s not the best of the story.

Yesterday morning, after having gone all this time with no radio, I was sitting in the Tim Horton’s Drive Thru waiting to order a coffee. The clock was still working on my radio so I set the time. I thought, “I can’t understand why the clock is still working but not the radio/cd player. Almost instinctively, I pulled one of the knobs off the radio (the one that controls the volume). I turned the silver “stick” which was underneath the knob and guess what, the radio works. It wasn’t even broken! I put the knob back on and everything is fine and in complete working order.

I would also like to add another bit of feedback. The female receptionist at the Canadian Service Department has a very unprofessional habit of calling everyone “sweetie, hun or darlin’”. This is very annoying at any time, but especially when you are dealing with frustrating car problems.

And, also, I would like to get a refund for the $225.43 I had to spend at Mike Doyle Dodge for “taking a look“ at something which wasn‘t broken. You will find copies of my invoices attached to this letter.

I invite you to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further. I believe in giving someone a chance to make things right and, as one Maritimer to another, I feel you deserve to have the opportunity to retain me as a customer. (I read your LinkedIn Profile).

Janet Young

P.S. I still have the noise under my dash. If you could recommend someone who may be able to fix the blend door, I would love to receive your recommendation.

CTH8R

Robert Seguin they can keep there lousy Canadian tire auto service and stuff it this is nthe second and last time i get burned from the stupid auto servicxe never deal there again, tires or batteries bad service or what...

CTH8R

Regarding Olympic sponsorship by Canadian Tire:

Fernand Regimbal just dont take your vehicle there for repairs unless you unless you got money to burn(canadian tire

Other topic:

Pravin Prasad Went in for an oil change n front tires balanced... appt 9am will wait. Over 3hrs wait before getting car back... in mean time cashier comes with over $1100 work that "needs done" declined of course.

Last edited:

CT Challenger

Seems Canadian Tire's performance for automotive repair isn't even worthy of a Bronze:

Ledine Schade You can partner whoever you want. It doesnt change the fact that the mechanic shop in my area has ripped us off twice now and the vehicle still isnt running right. I woulnt trust them to tell the truth ever. And the service manager there has likely never smiled at a customer his entire career. They are an inconvenience to him obviously. Never going back. But hey, way to go on the sponsorship. At least you can do some good work for someone else.

CT Challenger

Cody Little Canadain Tire has awful customer service, and Never take your car in there for repairs it will come out worse then when it went in, and they also take advantage of old ppl and women!!

Peter Janjanin Yeah....they can't even change a thermostat in a 92 Beretta.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Lin Cripps Ledine, I wouldn't hold your breath, I have been waiting for the service manager at the unicity store in Winnipeg to return my calls since november and it still hasn't happened, they talk the talk but surely do not walk the walk!!!!

Last edited:

CTH8R

Here's my experience at Canadian tire (Mccowan and Sheppard).

It was a sunday morning and I drove my car in there cuz I needed a fuse changed. And the service advisor told me to leave the car in there for 2 hours... um... when I'm the only car in site... then he says that "the system isnt working". Um... when a lady at the other cashier just cashed out someone?

And he told me it would cost $120 just for the "diagnostic". I.E. Just looking at your car and not even fixing it.

So I just left. Felt something really suspicious and fishy.

And then I took it to one of these small family-owned shops.

Omg...

$10 DOLLARS!!!!

TEN DOLLARS!!!!!

AND ALL IT TOOK WAS 5 MINUTES TO CHANGE THAT FUSE!!!!!

In short, Canadian Tire = Criminal Tire. Deliberately trying to rip people off!!!

but... its just some dishonest mechanic or mechanic who is fresh outta school and doesnt really have the experience. They're not trying to rip you off. No malicious intent. Just lack of experience.

Um... what about the time when I went there for an oil change (cost me about $50 after all the extra fees and what not)... and I was told that my engine is supposedly leaking (would cost me around $300 to fix the leak) when it clearly ISNT LEAKING!!!

I was showed some oil dripping from the engine. No crack. Um... obvious he smeared it there to make it look like a leak.

What criminals.

Canadian Tire should be put outta business. TELL EVERYONE TO STOP GOING THERE!!!

CTH8R

Glenda Baxter Streifel Well then maybe Canadian Tire should stop the spam, why does facebook show "I like Canadian Tire" when i have never even visited the page or press like. I support the fact that they are supporting ahtletes, however I do not suppor their automotive department ripping people off repeatedly.

CTH8R

Another example:

Les Acocella Canadian tire tried to over charge me $60.00 but couldn't explain why. After reviewing the bill they said it was a glitch. Another guy in the line up was over charge by $80 some.
I think I know where they get the extra money to donate. A "glitch".

CTH8R

Just realized this looked like it was posted by me.

But it was really by Chris Lim, at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/search/res...focus=1359216959486#!/groups/169390689765772/

Here's my experience at Canadian tire (Mccowan and Sheppard).

It was a sunday morning and I drove my car in there cuz I needed a fuse changed. And the service advisor told me to leave the car in there for 2 hours... um... when I'm the only car in site... then he says that "the system isnt working". Um... when a lady at the other cashier just cashed out someone?

And he told me it would cost $120 just for the "diagnostic". I.E. Just looking at your car and not even fixing it.

So I just left. Felt something really suspicious and fishy.

And then I took it to one of these small family-owned shops.

Omg...

$10 DOLLARS!!!!

TEN DOLLARS!!!!!

AND ALL IT TOOK WAS 5 MINUTES TO CHANGE THAT FUSE!!!!!

In short, Canadian Tire = Criminal Tire. Deliberately trying to rip people off!!!

but... its just some dishonest mechanic or mechanic who is fresh outta school and doesnt really have the experience. They're not trying to rip you off. No malicious intent. Just lack of experience.

Um... what about the time when I went there for an oil change (cost me about $50 after all the extra fees and what not)... and I was told that my engine is supposedly leaking (would cost me around $300 to fix the leak) when it clearly ISNT LEAKING!!!

I was showed some oil dripping from the engine. No crack. Um... obvious he smeared it there to make it look like a leak.

What criminals.

Canadian Tire should be put outta business. TELL EVERYONE TO STOP GOING THERE!!!

CT Challenger

Another from f/b:

Jim Orourke has any one out there had trouble with their automotive service department? I had a great running car till i had a repair done now it just sits with a engine that has a dead cylinder.

CTH8R

File this under "Auto Repairs - Unnecessary":

Robert Bartlett Canadian tire sucks ripoff you take your car in and they find all kinds of things to make money on no thanks

Last edited:

CTH8R

Hilarious the way CT got caught in a lie about unnecessary repairs. Gee, did they say you were low on "blinker fluid", too?

Cam Villeneuve Good old Canadian Tire! The same guys who told me that my car's cabin air filter was very dirty and should be changed!... Problem is, that car does not have a cabin air filter! How could they check it and find it dirty?

CTH8R

Ok, not really a 'horror story', but it gave me a good laugh:

Franco Cuzzola This photo is so fake. You never see people smiling after shopping at Canadian Tire. Especially after leaving their automotive repair center.

CTH8R

On a freezing and snowy early-February day, Crappy Tire decided to start a facebook thread on "What does spring maintenance mean to you?"

David answered thusly:

David Dreher haha! It sure as hell doesn't mean taking my vehicle in to Canadian Tire; They are notorious for poor workmanship and deplorable customer service.

1wildhorse

i was yapping with a good m8 of mine yesterday.he bought a set of tires from you know where,and when he got it home discovered that all the studs were almost completely stripped.obviously they hadnt put the nuts on properly.so he had to take off the brake shoe casing and do the job himself.he has also barred himself from CT in the future!