CTH8R

Again, Crappy offers free tows, the main catch being that it ends up at a Crappy Tire Dis-Service Center:

Rolando A.: Id. rather push my car home.

Tasha R.: And then they will politely inform you that nothing can be done till next week.

David H.: All of you complaining about Canadian Tire ripping you off are the same people getting ripped off at other garages. The key is to educate yourself. Understand the problem and your car. Do not just assume. Mechanics do make mistakes. It's not like the car stands up and says what is wrong! It takes diagnosis. Sometimes that diagnosis leads you in the wrong direction. Sometimes it goes right. Make it easier on yourself by getting to know your mechanic and continue going to the same garage. You build a relationship and you build trust. Something many of you lack!

Nancy L.L.:
I don't see why I would make up a story what would be the point... I was young back then and they probably wanted to take advantage... I don't know? but one thing that I could confirm is what they told me more then 10 years ago. With that David I really wish you a great long weekend and hopefully you will not need Canadian Tire! smile emoticon

Nancy L.L.:
One time I had a flat tire, so I went to Canadian tire to fix the flat. They told me that I needed 4 new tires because they are all finish... Well guess what... I took my business somewhere else to have a 2nd opinion! I went to another garage (a friend of my dad) with my flat tire and he put a patch on it and that flat tire was no more and it cost me 12$ only. plus he said that my tires are perfectly find for many more years and I end up using it for another 4 years before selling my car. So yeah! You tried to get me and it didn't worked since then, I never and will never go to your garage because I just don't trust you guys!

Nancy L.L.: I don't think that calling you guys will change anything unless you are telling me that it's to give me a gift certificate to make me feel better then I'll call but other then that I will not call and waste anyone's time because like I said I unfortunately don't trust the garages of Canadian tire.

Joel C.: Keep their roadside assistance...have had nothing but bad experiences at their NDG location, lack of cashiers, rude employees (except for the guy trying to sign you up for a credit card of course) ridiculous arbitrary return policies and I've been hearing increasing language issues of late, always fun in La Belle Province...

Viktor S.: Was harassed and banned for a ct by a manager for refusing him to let him search my bag. He knew I didn't steal anything but just felt like bullying me. Complained to corporate and never got a call back. Keep your free things.

Matthew P.:
I walked in with my motorcycle backpack and motorcycle helmet, they tried bullying me into searching my backpack too saying it was the law! I asked him what his right to search was, seeing as nobody in the store saw me removing items and placing them in my bag, to which he had no answers! This policy needs to change, you don't search women's large purses....and some are way bigger than my motorcycle backpack! I was very disgusted by this and rarely go back now!

Luke J.:
The problem is that Canadian Tire stores are run on a franchise basis.
They honestly have the worse reputation in the industry!
Zero proper training low pay no concern for CRM or metrics! They need a qualified person to help CT corporate make there outlets about customers again not just how much money they can steal from people!
I use to love Canadian Tire I now wish they would either take Canadian out of the name That or hire a consultant that actually knows what to do! I have a few horror storys myself! Being a Red Seal mechanic and trained in the industry I was lucky enough to help a lady that I witnessed about to agree to a 1200$ job that was 100% not needed!
CT feel free to contact me for further information! This reputation is going to catch up to you unless you find sombody to help fix the problem! Not some person that thinks they know on paper but a real world person!

Andrew F.: I think I would rather pay $60 to get a vehicle towed to a repair shop instead of getting it taken to ct where I'd be charged twice as much for parts as any other place.

Shelly R.: Too funny I'm thinking This CT promo may have just back fired ..... Wow what a lot of dis-satisfied customers!

Sherry R.: Worst customer service I've ever dealt with. cashiers and staff are the most unfriendly of any stores I've been in. Never a smile or how are you or have a nice day...I avoid that place as much as I can. I even put a complaint in the feedback box and never received a response. thank god I never had much to do with the auto service department!

Angelo I.: Worst return policy and service .I don't go there anymore for years .
Garage is a joke too. $$$

Andrew F.: Took my car in to Canadian tire. 1pm- for alternator change- told it would be couple of hours- 29 hrs later my car was done- oh yeah no call to tell me where is my car or what is happening- i called them- We're sorry-- really? Leave my car in the parking lot ' doors unlocked and engine light on- no one bothered to call me to tell me-- they said it would cost me 100 to inspect the engine light--- thats after i paid for an inspection. I took the car and reset the envine light myself. Never again-- never mind the kids working on your car in the service bay.

Barbara S.: Like always! They may fix your problem but they break something else in the meantime

Madonna D. Charged $742 buckaroos for a power steering hose installed ......

Kim O.: Wow, maybe not the best sales idea having people post about their bad experiences! Good for us customers ...not so good for ct's reputation.

Sonia C.: Lol. They will tow you to their store then tell you that you need to get things fixed that you really don't.

Roger N.: i would rather be towed to the scrap yard than canadian tire

Barry J.: here is nothing free at Canadian Tire cause usually you have to pay someone else to do the job right.

Connie F.: uller Really odd that every time I go to CT I leave with new problems with my car. Last month had my Summer mags put on and the chrome lug nuts were missing & when I complained they offered to sell me 20 for $60 and refused to take responsibility. Now my mags look like crap and hearing new noises from the front end. I will NEVER go back.

Christos C.: tos I got stuck up ottawa canada day. We slept in the parking the clutch was burned. They wanted $1500 to fix the clutch. They don't repair them they send them out. I am a mechanic they also wanted $86.00 to check and see what the problem is. They need to work
On their service. Way bad and a rip off.
It took me 15 minuts to find a problem on one of their customers cars. It was a fuel pump. It took them one hour to verify what I told them. Very sad.

Johnny B.: Their all rip off buddy at parts tried to sell me faulty parts saying the stud on my brand new ball joints and tie rods are suppose to be loose like that . They were worst then ones I took off . Made him go back and get ones where stud wouldn't move. I put them on and the part was faulty and ball joint but popped off. They said it had faulty threads . And wouldn't take it back for new one or nothing they should if paid for my towing and everything . Needless to say I'm afraid to but parts there . Plus they don't have a clue

Jeff O.: So u can back my car into something again and mean while I saw so I pretended not to see to see if anything was gonna be said.
And they were not gonna say until I confronted them
Yup never again

Mark M.: Told my Daughter she needed a WHOLE new Muffler system when only two screws were needed tightened on a cover. Told Head office and they just rubber stamped what the store said. $1200 they tried to charge my young daughter for work that wasn`t needed. Then played games with recommended vs need. The Rav 4 almost two years later still hasn`t needed the work done they said needed done to my young Daughter. Be very aware of Canadian Tire Auto Centers. There is nothing Canadian about them. SHAME

Darren B.: i wouldnt them them put air in my mountian bike tires..pffttt

Karen A.S.: I laughed so hard reading these comments the tears were rolling down my face

Steve A.: Do not take your car yo CT
Waited 3 hours to change my tires and thats with an appointment bunch of dummies

Rob C.: Cambodian Tire? Free? No thanks!!! Not a lot o' nice things to say 'bout 'em. If I knew a service tech there... maybe... even then, Nah! I hope that driver is parked

Maria B.: Lol free, Canadian tire what joke.

CTH8R

More complaints:

Dragan P.: I don't shop at Canadian Tire any more las time I took my car to get my oil changed and they changed my gas cap for no reason and I only told them to change my oil the idiot told me that my gas cap need to be changed there was nothing wrong with my cap the car was only 2 years old

Luke J.: Every post CT puts up promo or not is riddled with horror storys???? Do you think this may be an indication the company needs people that ACTUALLY know what they are doing??!!

Suzanne B.: C-tire is such a rip! They advertised a 50" smart TV on the front of their three day long weekend sale and only had one in stock, saying while quantities last and no rain checks. They've been doing this for years! I quit that store for their hyposcrasy and deception!

Balakumar S.: Buying auto parts is alright, but don't let them fix it for you.
Also garden products are lot cheaper at Lowes and Home hardware.

Kevin P.: I took my truck to get two new tires on the front. They didn't put the truck on the hoist properly. (Lift was under the cab and box but not the frame) They lifted and crushed my cab and box. 2k in body damages. Never going there again.. all I wanted was new front tires.

CTH8R

Peter E.: dont feel bad about that i had my car serviced and found out my battery was switched out for a cheap one

CTH8R

How could a 'free' tow even be possible?

Tony D.: They can do this because of all the people that they rip off. I also have been ripped off by Canadian Tire . I purchased a pair of hunting boots from them . I only had them on one day when I noticed the boots had holes in them like they where cut with a knife. Took them back and got the same reply. Sorry we can't do anything for you. They are a bunch of th[ieves].

Tony D.: I have already sent you emails and no reply. I will not shop at your stores again and I am spreading the word about this problem. I'm a big outdoors person on lots of outdoor website and a courier that meats lots of people. I will spread the word until I pass away and that's not for a very long time.

Tony D.:
What for I will get the same reply. Sorry we can't help you. And this is not the first problem I have had with your store. When there before this problem and got the the poorest service that I have ever got in my life. When't in to your store in Bedford n.s. to buy a rain suit and some other things. Got to the cashier and the rain suit was missing the bar code so the cashier called down to the outdoors department. The person said he had someone else ahead of me and would call the cashier back.So I asked the cashier to suspend my sale and deal with the other customers in line . Well 20 minutes I was still waiting. With that I asked the cashier for a pen and I would go get the bar code and price myself. Could not find them so I finally asked the person working in that department for help. He told me that there was now 3 other people ahead of me. With that I asked him how that was when there was only one ahead of me when the cashier called down to you. He lifted his shoulders and walked away. So I left the other stuff suspended at the cash and walked out.

Tony D.: O by the way I got my rain suit at wal-mart

Last edited:

CTH8R

Well, no everyone's Dad can get the mechanics to treat a customer honestly:

Rodolfo S.: Coming from a father who was a mechanic at a store, canadian tire used to be great with services but in recent years they have gone down hill the only reason I would take my vehicle on to Canadian Tire is because my father knows most of the mechanics there and had they try to rip me off heaven forbidd.

CTH8R

Jennifer G.: David H., people get lied to by repair shops all the time. I was told I needed new struts and it "wasn't even safe to let me drive off the premises" when I was sixteen. Took my car to another shop and was told they struts were in great shape. I even had two different mechanics look at them to be sure. Why would you assume every mechanic is honest?

CTH8R

Michelle V.P.D.: I had 2 friends who were FULL TIME mechanics at Canadian Tire....and they most certainly are not ALWAYS honest!!!

CTH8R

Rob R.: The W5 investigation into the auto service at a number of Canadian Tire locations (the worst being my closest location) was enough for me. Not even going to attempt to trust them - why should I? ... my vehicles will never see those service bays. If you want to continue defending them David, explain why W5 investigated CT auto service in the first place...too many complaints perhaps??

CTH8R

Dave M.: If I do get the roadside assistance, do I have to get it towed to a Canadian Tire?
Actually, that would be okay, I can push it to the shop next door.

CTH8R

George S.: I took my car to Canadian tire to put new tires and after they changed the tire the tire sensor turned on after they changed it and then I took it back to them to change the sensor but they didn't so I'm not going to Canadian tire

CTH8R

Christian G.D.: We took our van there 2 times 1100 dollers cost us they had our van 2 days and we got it back and then it broke down that nights with same prolums we where stranded on side of road at 1 am with our new born

CTH8R

Ceecee L.: My younger cousin went in to get her car inspected, she needed a simple oil change and the rude man told her to go ask her uncle or dad to change it for her. He is just lucky I was not there! She is quiet and loving and did not deserve it!

CTH8R

Karlin B.:
The last time I take my vehicle to a Canadian tire to get work done! I brought my truck to get a tire patch and alignment done. A simple job and I come to pick my truck up later on that day and find a large dent and scratch along my right side. Looking at least $1800 worth of damage! I nicely came to the front desk and the service manager had taken the day off so I waited 3 days to hear back for the service manager to throw everything back in my face and was extremely rude to me! This is by far the last time I go to Canadian tire for work. This isn't the first time they have burned me and im confident this will be the last time they will get the chance! An internal investigation and revamp of the managerial staff at the Kanata Ontario location is needed!

CTH8R

Aaron N.: The key is to not go to Canadian Tire for auto service. I honestly don't think I've seen one positive comment on this page about their auto service department. Just some crazy coincidence??.. I think not.

CTH8R

Well, at least it wasn't unnecessary or over-priced:

James G.:
Worst company I've ever had to deal with. After spending 3 days in their shop with my truck they advised me, rather rudely, that I had a blown engine and may as well junk it. Took it for a second opinion at another shop and within 20 minutes the problem was diagnosed as a broken valve spring. 2 hours and $500 dollars later we were back on the road. This experience wouldn't have been so bad had it not been exacerbated by the terrible customer service and blatantly rude managers.

CTH8R

Randy M.:

I just want to let you know why I will no longer be shopping at your store in Maple Ridge B.C. On Sunday, May 10, we dropped my girlfriend's car off for a tire repair. The store called a short while later and informed us that the tire was not repairable. It was a Motomaster tire with road hazard warranty so I told them to replace it, only to be told it was discontinued. We were told they could order a similar tire in, but recommended replacing two tires. I asked if they could apply the roadhazard warranty to one of the other tires as I did not think a warranty should cost me money. I was told that was not possible. I asked them to bring in one tire only ( for installation the next day) and we went to pick up the car just before closing time. When we got home we found that that the inner door handle had been broken. I called the service manager the next day to complain about the door handle. He asked that we bring the car by so he could look at it, which we did. After some discussion, my girlfriend asked him if they were going to fix it, to which he replied "ya, we will order the part". As far as the tire, he agreed that the warranty should not cost us money and he found that the tire in question was still available, but one size larger and he agreed to apply the road hazard to the remaining tires. When my girlfriend went to get the tires installed, he then waited until the tires were on the vehicle and then told her that he was going to charge her for the door handle. This last point is the one that has me upset, after saying he was going to cover it. So, we have 4 new tires, at a discounted cost (the warranty still cost us money) and a door handle that needs replacing. We will not ever be setting foot in that store again.

CTH8R

Michelle W.:
This will be the last time Canadian tire will EVER receive my customer service. I have been using the automotive center for the last ten years and after the poorest customer service I have ever had, it will be my last. Rude, inconsiderate, disrespectful and my car is still not fixed. I have talked to customer service but I will be posting on all of my social media of the location and why I will never be back to a canadian tire again. Oh and let me just make it clear the employee made it clear that "they don't need my money". Michelle W.