CTH8R

Ashley T.: I won't be going back to Canadian Tire to get my car looked at ever again. Thanks to the negligence of your "mechanics" I had to pay $700 for a new timing belt which was already replaced by you just two years ago. They didn't put it on right, it snapped, and my car broke down in rush hour. Thanks for making me broke!!

CTH8R

Christos P.: Sara W.:
So my brakes crapped out on friday.. I bring my car to Canadian tire. I don't hear from them until this morning when they call to tell me my car is ready. I go pick it up, and after seeing the bill I ask the girl if they actually fixed my brakes and she says YES. Turns out they did absolutely NOTHING. Still leaking, still no brakes. They charged me to "inspect" my car and print out word for word what I told them was wrong. WTF!?!?

CTH8R

Dan M.: I hope their book has coupons. for tow companies cause you'll need one like we did after installing one of their inferior NEW CV axels.over $400 for a tow.labour and a new NAPA axel and their answer was to maybe pay the $100 tow bill when our transmission could of been ruined.

Dan M.: Hey canadian tire.we r dealing with someone named steve in customer complaints and that's all anyone wants to do is to offer us to pay the tow.if we do not get this resolved by may 3rd then we are going to consumer affairs and the press as there are too many ppl getting screwed over

CTH8R

Bruno M.: The beauty about Canadian Tire is that you get your car serviced there you end up buying a bike to get home !

CTH8R

Lucie C.: It's THE worst place to bring your car...
(Sorry for my english, )

This is the biggest mistake ... Canadian Tire has promised to change the piece who didn’t work and tires, has to wait eight hours before we say he did not have the parts, but that he had changed the tires and wanted to do a new check up (money money money we understand you love our money ).....

Now, the other garage is closed and we have to wait until Monday. We ONLY 7 days holiday and we had to cancel it was just seven days in a year. I can not express how much I am disgusted and disappointed by this situation . This is just disgusting ...

CTH8R

Denise D.: You guys are scaring me..first they told me it would need thermostat and gasket. .and be ready the next day..so I said ok..do it...then I have to wait again for parts...now I need water pump and timing belt..still waiting for parts.five days later...vehicle still not ready....it costs me more leaving it at Canadian tire than to have it towed to a reputable garage the first time...sigh!!!!

CTH8R

Ray S.: I have found that if you go to Canadian Tire for and oil change for example an that's all you want, they will try and sell you something else also. Nothing like going for an oil change and coming out with new shocks and an oil change. Like we as customers do not know our cars...give me a break.

CTH8R

Ryan S.: Don't bring your car to the unicity Canadian tire automotive shop, unless you are looking to get ripped off.. I paid $672.00 to get my windshield wiper motor replaced as well as my wiper blades. Also waited a week to get it done. Then to top it off my windshield wipers stopped working again. Ill never be using Canadian tire again. The customer service and work they do is very poor.

CTH8R

Dan M.: We almost lost our transmission in our crv due to a faulty canadian tire part.After leaving messages for the manager in dryden and posting on here a few days ago "CANADIAN TIRE" wrote for us to contact customer service so we wrote an email and it was again ingored. after I post this I am sure that someone will tell me to contact customer service again and I am sure it will be ingored again.sigh ....time to contact the pronvincial ombudsman I guess

CTH8R

Interesting story of price-gouging:

Chris J.: I just went to Canadian Tire Airdrie for an alignment. An hour later they call me in and they say they can't do it because of a ball joint and tie rod that needs to be fixed. She shows what it will cost and circles the alignment and says that part would be removed. humming and hawing I ask for clarification does that mean because Im getting other work that will be included? She says itll be taken off. I again see some shiftyness in not answering direct so I ask striaght out of I get this done it includes all this for x price. She says no after its done then I pay for alignment. I can't afford it right now as the total pushes me over any amount I have so I declined the work. and she writes up an invoice saying I owe them 52.65 for a steering and suspension inspection I didnt ask them for. They said they couldnt do the work I needed how am I charged? I only signed for an alignment which they said cant be done. So I give them a coupon out of the book for an alignment check since if they checked it thwy wouldve told me what was needed and she refused and said I needed to pay for the suspension check. I already had a previous issue of concern with Cdn tire auto service but I brushed it off and thought everyone deserves a second chance..but this..when I declined I planned on coming back when I had the funds and now you have lost me. Your auto service reputation seems pretty accurate!

CTH8R

Trent A.: I took my grand prix gtp in for air care work, left the car overnight it cost me $1000.00 plus tax they said it will pass now, and I took the car to aircare and it failed! They told me I must have done something to the car from leaving there shop to the air care and straight back to Canadian tire! They said for more money they would look at it again! I could not belive it, all they had done for one thousand did not fix the problem and it was somehow my fault! They are rip off artists at best, no customer service at all! I will never shop or support them in any way shape or form.

CTH8R

Josephine M.: We went to Canadian tire to fix my BF car.they fix it & got charge 700 to fix.as soon as we start using the car the wiper started to brake & gas tank got a hole on it & we didn't rich Toronto but we reach port hope,which is no hope car dead.very nice mechanic they have

CTH8R

Guess what, Leandro? It could be any ct store!

Leandro D.P.: the store in rosemere quebec has all incompetent mechanics

CTH8R

Linda K.: I took my vehicle to Canadian Tire to have brakes fixed. Told them to replace bearings on left and right front. When I picked it up, right bearing had not been replaced. ABS light still on, brake pedal can be pushed to the floor. I do not feel safe driving my vehicle. They told me to drive it for a couple of days and bring it back. I don't think so.

CTH8R

Rob J.: I took my wifes car in to the Whitby Canadian Tire to have my brakes checked. They phoned me at home shortly after to tell me that I needed pads, rotors and calipers on the fronts and the rears were fine and just needed a cleaning. I gave them the OK to repair. They phoned me to go and pick the car up. My wife noticed a grinding noise in the rear wheels. I took the car back and told them. They phoned me again to tell me that I needed new pads and drums on the rear. I explained that you just had my car and told me the rears were fine. They waived the cost of the labour. I think this should have all been waived as this isnt a lightbulb we are talking about it is the brakes. This is a safety issue and the original person who made this call should be retrained as you dont make bad calls like that on the brakes of a car

CTH8R

Josephine M.: We went to Canadian tire to fix my BF car.they fix it & got charge 700 to fix.as soon as we start using the car the wiper started to brake & gas tank got a hole on it & we didn't rich Toronto but we reach port hope,which is no hope car dead.very nice mechanic they have

Last edited:

CTH8R

Irene S.: We will never bring our vehicle there again. Also an we will let others know as well. It was in there for 8 weeks ugh an we still have problems We spent a lot on cabs renting a car an ya NOT Happy with ct at all

CTH8R

Laura T.: I will never have this company do any motor vehicle work for me ever again I was a good customer and my dad was a valued employee for almost 30 years..... I bought 2 tires from one of your locations and had them installed there 2 months ago, guess what one of the new tires poped today.... and your company told me that they would not replace my tire and told me that there was nothing that they could do....... ok here is what I am going to say, I am a mother of 3 soon to be 4 children, I am on a fixed income and your company took money to do this work it equals out to be 2 weeks worth the groceries they took out of my children's mouth to have you not honor a warranty that the sneakily noted that there was no roadside something or other coverage..... so Tell me how this is right or fair..... my kids now have to walk to their out of area school because the little bit of lively hood I had busted because you are greedy.......... nice way to kick a pregnant woman down that was already in financial crisis !!!!!!!!!

Laura T.: I was wondering what the point of contacting the email you provided when I have a sneaking suspicion that this problem will not be resolved by Canadian tire...... It has been made clear to me that I will have to shell out more money to have this problem fixed. Sorry have had a few people contact me telling me that they have had similar problems and not had their problems fixed..... I do not to waste anymore of my breath or my precious time or any more money!!!!!!!

CTH8R

Jennifer B.: My husband was having problems with his window, told the mechanic what he needed done. The mechanic was so rude and told my husband that since he knew what was wrong with his van, he must be a mechanic too and can just go fix it himself. No one fixed it! My husband left very unhappy.

CTH8R

Kimberley A. B.: I had my 2002 Chevy S10 pickup truck in twice with the catalytic converter, it was under warantee so they replaced it I had to pay another $300. I went to a mechanic because the engine light came on, its the catalytic converter again. I went into the store and they want another $100 to do a scan on my truck, then it will be another $300 or so for service charges to replace another faulty part. I first spent roughly $1200 on the first one by the time it is replaced for a third time I will have paid out almost $2000 this is insane. I thought that a defective part should be replaced at the expense of the installer. I went into Canadian Tire store 121 University Plaza at Tecumseh Rd & HuronLine in Windsor, ON. I couldn't get anyone to talk to me since the parts manager was arguing with his employees, calling them liar's which is unexceptable business practice. I was at the garage counter and I was told by a young man that someone would call me,and that it's not defective that something else is wrong with my truck and it needs to be scanned, that was Monday afternoon, it is now Wednesday afternoon and my call has not been returned. I am very much dissapointed with this store, and my truck is still in need of a new catalytic converter.