CTH8R

Bernadette S.G.: i agree canadian tire is not a good place to bring your vehicle we had problems with them to and service was not the best either

Dylan S.: I also had the same problem 2 years ago, took my car in to get my winter tires off, one of the mechanics bent a rear lateral link rod in my Grand Am. A Crucial part in the rear suspension. I took it back and they denied it was them that did the damage, however. I was a phone call away from taking legal action. They acted promptly gave me the courtesy vehicle for a week and returned the car after repairs, their repair department did a very unsatisfactory repair job and I DO NOT recommend Canadian Tire Auto Service to anyone!! My car never drove the same after that, after many wheel alignments the tires were always being chewed away.. I no longer own the car but I will NOT take any vehicles I own to their service department again. EVER!

CTH8R

CT keeps inventing ne ways to suck. Very creative!

Lydia B.B.: Didn't have a good experience in the car department in St. Jovite. The filled out a paper wrong that we had to bring to the license bureau (where we had to wait in line) and so we had to go back to the store to have it filled out properly then go back to the license bureau and wait in line again, then back to the store to get the lisence put on the trailer. Wasted an entire afternoon. We were not happy. I won't even go into the lawnmower story.

CTH8R

It's truly frightening to hear all the stories about cars being returned to owners in unsafe condition.

Unfortunately, each of their service centers is an independently operated business, with no real oversight or controls from the corporation.

People assume they are dealing with a single entity (Canadian Tire), and that they all follow the same standard for training, wannaties, etc.

It isn't until something goes wrong, that customers find out that they are dealing with "Fred's Store #12345678", and that's the only person they can sue for damages.

Last edited:

CTH8R

Terry L.C.: Canadian Tire Is A 'Big Bad Rotten Egg' .... They Told Me Someone Would B In Touch With Me 2 ... Never Ever Heard From YE Neither !!! Canadian Tire .. Suck Eggs ... U'll Probably Fail @ That 2 !!!! Shop @ CTC & Save ... NOT !!! Everyone I Told About 'My Wheels Falling Off' ... Said ...... DO NOT GO 2 'CANADIAN TIRE' 4 AUTO REPAIRS , EVERYONE KNOWS THAT !!!! I FOUND OUT FIRST HAND ... DO NOT TAKE UR VEHICLE 2 'CANADIAN TIRE' !!!!! Kitchener Store ... BAD BOYS !!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Terry L.C.: U Didn't Tighten The Tires ... I was 2 Attend A Seminar That Day .... My Wheels Fell Off & I Missed School '&' ... No One There Was Concerned .. In Fact ... They Had Killed My Battery 2 ..'&' ... Was Not Going 2 Re-Charge It 4 Me !!!! Canadian Tire ... U Suck @ Automotive Repairs & Customer Service ... U'VE LOST MY BUSINESS 4 EVER MORE !!!! Thanks 4 This Opportunity 2 Share & Let People Know ... U CAN NOT DEPEND ON QUALITY WORKMANSHIP ... I MEAN HOW HARD IS IT 2 SWITCH TIRES AROUND ... IT WAS A SIMPLE TIRE ROTATION ... HOW DID THE BATTERY DISCHARGE ????? & ... Why Was I The 'Bad Guy' ... I Paid U 4 What ????? Disappointed X-Client ...

Last edited:

CTH8R

Ashley D.M.: For mothers day I would love to have our truck fixed that your mechanic destroyed just by changing spark plugs. I have a 8 month old baby and my husband is self employed doing installs and his truck got ruined just by having his spark plugs changed in your shop. now he cant work and cant provide for our family. HORRIBLE people you have working in Calgary.

CTH8R

Marc B.: i was looking for a specific item in the "online catalog" when i clicked on it,it disappeared,now,as much as i like the commercial about the cabin air filters for cars,i went to get one for my car,as luck would have it,the person helping me was grouchy and maybe in a bad mood,plus,they didnt have the one i needed in stock,i have other things to do besides going to canadian tire,i would like them to have what i need when i need it more often than that,i went once to get my brakes serviced,i left the car there the whole day,about 15 minutes to closing time,i went to pick up my car and they hadnt worked on it since 8am,service needs a wake up call,i ended up having the brakes worked on elsewhere at an even lower cost,

CTH8R

Malou C.: Dont like canadian tire in saskatoon !!! especially for auto service ...so many people complaine and im one of the victim...only i asked change a new tires .but they did something else til they hits the wires .They said they wil fix it and oder part. But didnt i was waiting almost a week and i was upset coz dont have car to use it to drive my kids to school and cant afford the rent car ...Hope you guys someday can fix this problem and do something better for the costumers. thank you !

CTH8R

Cory D.T.: Nova scotia store is very very bad as well...when you go in for a Oil change that is all you get...if you want them to check other fluids it is another $25 charge, which I thought when you get an Oil change they check other fluids and things is apart of the oil change...or at less it was in Ontario, and trying to make you get work done that you don't need done, like I needed a lower control arm for a SUV and it is a all one peace and the ball joint is non adjustable but they were trying to make me get a wheel alignment done so I went and ask a few other service teck and they all said NO I DO NOT NEED TO HAVE ONE DONE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT MESSING WITH THE TIE ROD ENDS AND YOUR BALL JOINT IS NON ADJUSTABLE...so I got the control arm done at another place then we found out one of there service tecks left there so I found him and he said the same thing that I don't need to get alignment done for that...and they are doing this all the time...and it is pissing me off that they are getting away with it...

CTH8R

Kevin J.B.: Yeah I remember when my tail light was shorting out and draining my car battery charge. Canadian Tire replaced my battery 3 times and tried to replace a perfectly good Alternator a second time to fix a problem they were clearly inept at diagnosing (almost a thousand dollars wasted at the Upper James shop). I was with a friend when the car failed again from the short in the tail light; my friend (not even a mechanic) figured it out right away, saying, "you'd have to 'turn off your brain 'NOT' to notice this obvious cause". Cost to fix problem, 1 new tail light bulb and some tape to keep the water out of the broken tail light cavity (under 10 dollars). I boycotted Canadian Tire for 10 years after that 'issue'...

CTH8R

I just LOVE all the responses they get, when Canadian Tire spams people with their offer of a free tow ... and we learn just how many people would rather PAY to get a tow to somewhere else! LMAO!

Stephen K.: Canadian Tire, Do you not like us to tell the stories about the inept mechanics that are employed at some of your Service Departments? I had a friend that went in for an oil and filter change and drove away only to have his engine seize up on him driving away. The problem; no oil was installed in the engine at the time of the oil and filter change. He ended up having to get a new engine installed and Canadian Tire did not want to own up to NOT installing no oil. They later tried tried going 50/50 on the cost and he said no. In the end they assumed most of the cost of the engine and he paid some depreciated costs since the car was not new.

CTH8R

Pat M.: Also the Canadian Tire in Penticton. They ran up a bill for me for work that didn't need to be done. I also had a bad experience with the one in Edmonton. I will never deal with the auto part of the store again.

CTH8R

Karen S.: I wouldn't ever go near Canadian Tire with my car again. They told us we needed a new engine in the car when we went for a new battery ....all that was needed was a new alternator when we took it to a garage that knew what they were doing! They have the worst customer service ever. It also took 3 battery replacements from them to provide one that worked!

CTH8R

Evan C.R.: well canadian tire had my car towed to their service dept. & said the car was fixed. when i got it back it ran for 10 min then quit. retowed to store & when i asked about it they said they sent to our local G.M. dealer. went there & they told me that they (canadian Tire) screwed my computer. i paid $700.00 & received nothing back from C.T. it was in Cambridge ont.

CTH8R

Westly W.K.: Guelph ON, brought my Toyota Supra in for an oil change. After it was done I was driving around town and the engine started To make some good noise. Turns out no gasket was put on the drain plug and the plug itself wasn't very tight either. I was literally 20 seconds from the store when the noise happened. Those motors run hydraulic lifters and were not starting to work due to the lack of oil. Because I pulled in and did not tow (only because I was a block away) they would not cover any costs. Saying it was my fault because I kept driving. In turn I had to replace the entire engine due to scoring on the cams, crank and bearings. Needless to say I have never got back for any type of service ever, and will never go back.

CTH8R

Lynda M.: thank you for contacting me, first, my daughter went into C.T. get pads and rotors for her truck, 2 sevice men took over an hour on the computer to find which one, even though she gave them info, were used to be in the mechanice business years ago, finaly she ordered the parts plus another one in case it wasn't the right one, the work was being done on tuesday morning at 10.a.m., we went to pick up the parts, they couldn't find them, spent another hour waiting for them to find them, when, they were found, paid and on our way, turned out both pads were wrong, luckly the mechanic who was installing them had the right ones, which we didn's know at the time of ordering, off to C.T. to return the parts, another hour spent going from one dept to another for credit, she also asked about greasing bearings on a camper, as she had to work, she picked it up today, 5.00 started to do the bearing, the kit they gave her was the wrong size, now she's on her way again
to C.T. to take it back and hopefully get the right kit as we are leaving for holiday in the morning, what a run around and time and gas waisted, l feel that people you higher should be more experienced in what you are selling. thank you

CTH8R

Adam C.: Don't fall for this trick!!! Even though the tow is free they will end up charging you for services you don't need! For example, last year I had CAA tow my car to CT because it was a Sunday afternoon and no other service garages were open. BIG MISTAKE!!! After charging me more than $1600 and NOT fixing the problem, I took my car to a Nissan dealership so they could properly fix my car.
A 2nd example, several years ago I took my car to a different CT to have my brakes looked at. A CT mechanic told me I would have to replace ALL of my brakes because they were so worn. Thankfully I decided to get a second opinion because the Chevy dealership said the only problem with my brakes was some dirt/dust built up on the brakes. A quick clean of the brakes and I was good to go!
Nice try CT ... but you're not going to get my money!

CTH8R

Marwyn H.: Lmao wow what ever you do don't go to Marlboro mall CT in Calgary nothing but bad experience there from the automotive manager and a 2500.00 bill later my windshield wipers don't work and a moulding strip ripped off and put on the floor in the back. Be afraid very afraid lol

CTH8R

Chris L.: canadian tire mindland ontario is also bad, had a gas line leak, was quieted $93 with tax to fix on a 85 chev pickup , the truck was worth about $1600 at the time, they said truck was unsafe to drive, yet truck was fine all brakes was fine they was just done, they refused to give me my keys after paying for leak fix , and called cops on me, they wanted the work, i had bills to prov what work was done on truck only 1 week ago , and that was the work they was complaining about, my brakes was fine, so was my ball joints, police listened to them, and i refused, and i lost my truck over it. cops impounded it, as no way was i paing $6403.15 for there repairs they said i needed. i will never take anything to them to get fixed.

CTH8R

David L.: Once paid $200+ to replace my starter as my car wouldn't start and that's what they said the problem was, paid, got my keys and when I got to the parking lot turns out car just wasn't going into park fully, waste of time and money