CTH8R

Michelle H.J.: 2006 I got winter tires put on my honda civic hatchback in nanaimo, bc and when I left the parking lot went across the street and went in the store and came out and my car wouldnt start. 2 weeks in the shop to realize the computer module was messed around with and needed repair. Never again have or will I bring a car there again!!!

CTH8R

Heather Dup.: fine...I'll share story too then! My truck broke down in the parking lot next to Canadian Tire.. I thought it might be the battery but when I went to ask the shop if thy could look at it..they couldn't...which I get, they don't do house calls...but they agreed to tow it over, for 50 bucks..So I said ok, and went back into the store Id been in(to use the phone)...came back out to see my truck being pushed into their shop...no tow, they pushed it (stl charged...again, fine..cheaper than a REAL tow..so then they look at it and tell me it's the starter..and it'll be 500 plus to fix it, but they can't for 2 days (I was leaving for Christmas holidays when this happened) so I said no thank you, explaining that it was only 3 days till Christmas and I need it done before then. So they "allowed" me to get help to push it back outside, and I was going to call a tow truck (from the other store, as they didn't have a customer phone) and get it to my regular mechanics shop..for some reason, once it was out, I decided to try it again..and it started...so I left, and drove right to the mechanic I go too...about 30 km away, and left it there in the at about 8:00pm , and then have to take a cab , cause I have my dog (so no bus) and no phone (I'd lost my cell phone earlier in the day) next morning, call the mechanic, tell him what happened and that I was told that i need a new starter, but that it had started etc, he says...umm...no, it was your battery and I've gotten you a new one and it's in...he didn't charge me anything for labour and took 50% of the battery cause I was late leaving, said Merry Christmas, no issue since. I went back to CT, just to tell them, not angry at this point, plus it had been 3 weeks..and the guy told me that my mechanic either lied to me, or really "Liked" me and fix the starter for free.. neither of which were true, and were insulting the way they were said to me...so I left, and will never return. I already tried to complain through the proper channels, so I'm not about too go through it again..just please get a second opinion. I didn't even really fault them, until he told me the guy who put the battery in that worked..was wrong? why go that far? admit an error was made, say sorry and I'd have been happy, but his pride was of more importance than a customer returning.

CTH8R

Korin J.: A friend of ours put new tires on his car, cause they were on sale, on his way home he had to cross the other side of the city, to get there the highway goes through the river bottom, on the way up the hill as he was slowly turning to merge with traffic he noticed a grinding sound !! Here they put tires on 2 sizes to big for his car ! They were grinding against the frame/wheel well of the car ! I've heard of lines getting sliced to cause more money spent at CT, their service shops are terrible

CTH8R

Kyle T.: Took my van in because it had a intermittent problem. Would just quit then started up and ran fine. Then quit. I figured it was a ignition problem. $900 later they put wires cap/ roter /plugs. A tune up. One it didn't need. Next day same prob. And I was heading out of town to vend at a fall fair. I stocked up with xtra $3000 on stock for this fair when the van wouldn't start. I get out my bill to find number and notice after they charged me this 900 and said it was running fine I notice in small print , van has intermittences in ignition and needs to come back for further dionostics !! Are they kidding? That's why I took it there. Not for a tune up! It was a bad wire in the pick up under the distributer cap! Talk about a rip off!
Charge $900 for tune up then say it needs to come back in to find the problem I took it in for at the beginning? Kids running service dept. kids!
T

CTH8R

Lindsay E.: I would never trust ct with any of my trucks again! Years ago my mom and I took are jeep in for an oil change and to have the tires looked at. 2 hours later we were told there was 3 pages worth of issues with the jeep and it was not safe to drive. My mom told them that was bs as we service are trucks on a regular basis. She refused to have the work done there, they told her they wouldn't release the jeep to her unless she towed it out or signed a waiver, we signed a waiver. We drove it to the dealer and sure enough the only prob was the oil needed to be changed and the tires needed air!!! Fools!!! Second time I went in it was a long weekend and the gas cap broke on our envoy it took a good hour before the so called service experts could tell me which one would fit for sure! Needless to say I don't even shop for anything in ct anymore! I go to Home Depot and home hardware for my household needs and we go to Leggat for are truck services!!!!

CTH8R

Jen L.: as someone who used to work for the company and witnessed the daily arguments that went on at the garage, not to mention the many bad experiences myself and others that I know have had at various Canadian tire locations, I can without hesitation say thank you but no thank you. I'll pay for myself to go to a proper garage.

CTH8R

Cynthia S.: I agree with you Justin...many years ago, they replaced an alternator in my car...less than a month later, it needed to be replaced again...the counter guy said I wouldn't have to pay for another part, but I'd have to pay for labour for the installation...I said I'm not paying you to do the job twice when you put in a faulty part...I chose to have a real mechanic do the job properly, and I stayed as their customer for about 18 years until the owner passed away and the shop was closed...they treated me like a daughter there, and I was allowed to be in the shop with them while they worked on my car....I learned ALOT from them because of that...and they put a BBQ together for me for free when I purchased one...how awesome was that!

CTH8R

Carl V.: I took my truck in to Canadian tire to get my summer tires put on, they tried to tell me I needed ball joints and tie rods. I took it to my mechanic and he said nothing was wrong with my front end. Canadian liars tried to pull a fast one on me

CTH8R

Cbass S.A.: Then charge and bill out labour for more than it actually takes... i took my Girlfriends truck in for brake repairs in the back. The quote was over 900$ and accounted for 3 hours work. meanwhile the next day i take it to a family friends shop and it took 1.5 hours and cost 600$ n change. what a joke you guys are

Cbass S.A.: not to mention the FLURRY of problems that have arisen the day after the last oil change was done... brake lights malfunctioning, gas gauge, headlamp out, check engine light and more... ALL of which appeared the DAY after an oil change. Prior to that not a single item had a problem. How odd...

CTH8R

Goodvsummary on the spam CT sent:

Duane S.: Everyone knows that Canadian Tire service centers are unreliable, overpriced, and not trustworthy. This convo is a total fail on the part of their marketing department. Big time back-fire. Lol

CTH8R

Rob E.: The cdn tire social media people must hate the Cdn tire marketing dept right now with all these negative posts to try and respond to.

CTH8R

Dave K.: Adam C. the exact same thing happened to me 20 years ago . I took it somewhere else and it went from 600 for a complete set of brakes to 60 bucks for a new pair of rear shoes.
90 percent of the mechanics there are hackers and will actually fight amongst each other and I mean knock down punch out fight for jobs that come into the store .
The only thing I buy at Canadian tire is bug spray.

CTH8R

Allan A.: CTC repaired the same wheel bearing 3 times on my car and I had to fight with them to pay for half of the towing charge. Never use them again.

CTH8R

Stewart T.: Looks like the only way you get business is to find someone broke down and desperate to be towed to your garage. From feedback on here it appears people would save money by paying for tow to another garage.

CTH8R

Chris W.: Funny how the same problems all the way across Canada I would believe we are better without your store here cause the two in Barrie do the same things. They must be told to do it by HO.

CTH8R

Alec M.: After the experiences I've had with C T amateur "mechanics" I would stay right away from them. I would rather push my car to a farmer than accept a free tow from these clowns! Rip-off experts, yes. Mechanics, no....

CTH8R

Johnny W.: prepare to be scammed once you get there and run up for hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of useless service by kids in there auto dept who are 15

CTH8R

Justin M.: Yes Canadian tire has a horrible reputation for mechanical work, I work for a mechanic shop and we are right behind a Canadian tire and I appreciate them screwing up so much because it brings me more business

Lisa G.B.: Amazing how many people are saying they were screwed by Canadian Tire I read your add and thought the same thing!! WORST PLACE TO TAKE YOUR CAR...